PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about superteams

Hey Yo
07-15-2019, 03:54 PM
When LeBron left Miami and they won 17 less games than the previous year, people say the reason was that the team was built around LeBron.

Same with the Cavs. When James left in 2018, people say they were shit the following year cause the team was built around LeBron.

So I ask, if the teams are built around LeBron and they play like shit without him, then why were they considered a superteam in the first place? Is his teammates not stars like I'm told they are? If they're such great players and teammates and make the team into a "superteam" then why can't they achieve success without him?

LeBron, plus key teammates makes it a superteam.

but

Same key teammates w/o LeBron and they finish below .500 and no longer considered a superteam??????

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

superduper
07-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Why did LeGOAT only elevate a 35 win team by 2 games?

Wally450
07-15-2019, 03:59 PM

When you take into account injury, its not that hard to understand why.

superduper
07-15-2019, 04:02 PM
When you take into account injury, its not that hard to understand why.

But people are shocked as to why a torn shoulder/broken knee/ruptured achilles/37 year old Kobe couldn't win games so a loose vageen shouldn't be too big of an issue should it?

Manny98
07-15-2019, 04:03 PM
He was right, LeBron has never played on a superteam :applause:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY0tZrelGXM

Vino24
07-15-2019, 04:06 PM
LeBron doesn

jstern
07-15-2019, 04:11 PM

It definitely should had been more than 35 wins after he went into playoff mode, and I forgot how many games they lost after that. Not sure what happened there. They should had definitely made it to the playoff with Lebron so publicly turning on the playoff Lebron switch.

Vino24
07-15-2019, 04:12 PM
It definitely should had been more than 35 wins after he went into playoff mode, and I forgot how many games they lost after that. Not sure what happened there. They should had definitely made it to the playoff with Lebron so publicly turning on the playoff Lebron switch.
Pretty sure they lost 3 starters when Bron came back

3ball
07-15-2019, 04:29 PM
When LeBron left Miami and they won 17 less games than the previous year, people say the reason was that the team was built around LeBron.

Same with the Cavs. When James left in 2018, people say they were shit the following year cause the team was built around LeBron.

in the first place? Is his teammates not stars like I'm told they are? If they're such great players and teammates and make the team into a "superteam" then why can't they achieve success without him?

Wade Bosh missed 40 games, yet the Heat only missed the playoffs by 1/2 game

With a fully healthy squad all year, those Heat make a run

But the bolded above answered your own question.... :oldlol: :oldlol:... lebron teams up with top players, but then the team is built around him, like you said... :confusedshrug:...

these top players aren't allowed to play their game and must sacrifice so lebron can maximize his hold-time and stats.. obviously, this doesn't maximize the team, but that's why lebron needs so much talent to win - he needs extra talent to offset a suboptimal approach to the game

Jasper
07-15-2019, 11:29 PM
super teams started with Auebach and the Celtic's in the 60's..

We've had them for 50+ years.

Some work and some don't :

lakers with mailman,glove and Shaq and Kobe.

Warriors had 5 all-stars and won two chips w/KD.
Now done.

League will be interesting 2019/2020.

Bawkish
07-15-2019, 11:59 PM
it's the start of dynamic duo era, enough of the superteams already

Chuckbe
07-16-2019, 12:27 AM
it's the start of dynamic duo era, enough of the superteams already

So Cousins is trash now? I heard he was a superstar on his last team.