07-15-2019, 11:43 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

3ball
07-15-2019, 11:53 PM
11 chips
8-peating

:bowdown:
Only 2-pointer basketball though... :(

Who has the most rings in 3-pointer basketball?? (hint: the goat)

But it doesn't even matter....

the murder of MJ's father prevented 8 straight rings and breaking Russell's record.. It's a testament to MJ's goatness that he had a chance to achieve the feat in the modern era - NO ONE thought 8 straight was possible in the modern era, but goat MJ could've done it... :bowdown:

Vino24
07-15-2019, 11:57 PM
Only 2-pointer basketball though... :(

Who has the most rings in 3-pointer basketball?? (hint: the goat)

But it doesn't even matter....

the murder of MJ's father prevented 8 straight rings and breaking Russell's record.. It's a testament to MJ's goatness that he had a chance to achieve the feat in the modern era - NO ONE thought 8 straight was possible in the modern era, but goat MJ could've done it... :bowdown:
MJ didn’t have the will or the drive to 8-peat. Russell had the goat teamwork and endurance to actually do it. In fact MJ even said he was “bored” after the first 3-peat. He just didn’t have it mentally

superduper
07-16-2019, 12:00 AM
3ball really struck a few nerves :oldlol:

This is the GOAT retirement comeback. 3ball bout to 3peat on these fools

Vino24
07-16-2019, 12:03 AM
3ball really struck a few nerves :oldlol:

This is the GOAT retirement comeback. 3ball bout to 3peat on these fools
He felt so threatened by LeBron that he couldn

Bawkish
07-16-2019, 12:04 AM
i had no issue calling Russell GOAT

if you're going to put a pic of winner in a dictionary, Russell's profile should be there

he's a NCAA college champ, olympic gold medallist, NBA champ as a player & as a coach

Marchesk
07-16-2019, 02:07 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f6/d4/4e/f6d44ebb754c1e92a5bf81668f79bf1d.jpg

https://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/djokovic.jpg

SouBeachTalents
07-16-2019, 03:05 AM

You got Djokovic as the GOAT?

Marchesk
07-16-2019, 06:36 AM
You got Djokovic as the GOAT?

Winning record against Roger and Raffa, including in grand slams. Most likely of the three to finish with the most grand slams.

Maybe I should have said Federer = Wilt. He has the stats.

SouBeachTalents
07-16-2019, 11:52 AM
Winning record against Roger and Raffa, including in grand slams. Most likely of the three to finish with the most grand slams.

Maybe I should have said Federer = Wilt. He has the stats.
Nadal actually has a winning record against him in Grand Slams. And it's skewed against Federer because so many of their matches in the 2010s were Djokovic in his absolute prime and Federer, while obviously still amazing, past his.

Federer could've went a long way to solidify his GOAT status with a win yesterday. Now, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Djokovic match him at 20 by the end of next year

r0drig0lac
07-16-2019, 12:07 PM

if you're going to put a pic of winner in a dictionary, Russell's profile should be there

he's a NCAA college champ, olympic gold medallist, NBA champ as a player & as a coach
this http://insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/confusedshrug.gif

StrongLurk
07-16-2019, 02:20 PM
Why is it so hard to accept MJ as the GOAT, which he is.

3ball being a trolling loser has nothing to do with MJ.

3ball
07-16-2019, 02:48 PM

People can't get their head around the perfection of it all - 6 rings, 2 three-peats... :facepalm

how could someone be this good?... Surely it's circumstantial, and he caught breaks, right?

^^^ that's the natural thinking - that it was basically luck

But the historical record shows that all the best playoff scorers in history are bunched up around 28-29 ppg .. except MJ, who stands alone at 33.5, a full 4 points clear of everyone else..

But the statistical edge alone isn't what makes MJ the goat scorer... It's that he scored more than everyone without dominating the ball and WHILE winning championships... This is amazing because scoring champs don't win championships historically - it's nearly impossible to fit that level of scoring into a championship framework.. But MJ did it 6 times despite the aforementioned 4-pt edge on everyone in history..

I'll try explaining it another way - MJ scored 4 more ppg than everyone in history........... on all fundamentally-sound shit - turnarounds, one-dribble-pull-ups, catch-and-shoots, quick slashes!!!!.... so all the ways that are textbook and fit with great teamwork - no lazy ball-domination... he was THAT good at the textbook fundamentals that he could live off them at a level no one else ever could or did

ClipperRevival
07-16-2019, 05:58 PM

Didn't see Novak getting to this level after his struggle a couple of years ago when he was stuck at 12 majors for a while. Now he's won 4 of the last 5 and looks like he just might eclipse both Federer/Rafa, which would give him a strong case for the GOAT.

But to me, no one was the clear GOAT as MJ was in bball. Yeah, some guys might've been more successful in their respective sport but to me, no one combined all factors to be "The One" quite like MJ. He was just dat dude.

ClipperRevival
07-16-2019, 06:01 PM

Yes, greatest "winner" in all of American sports history. Maybe you can add Michael Phelps to the list.

But he ain't the GOAT in bball because he was only dominant on 1 side of the ball. It's that simple. If he had done what he had done AND was dominant on both sides, there is no argument. But he focused on 1 end while his teammates carried the load on the other end.

Manny98
07-16-2019, 06:04 PM

3ball is one of the reasons i hate MJ

I get that he's the GOAT but these MJ stans take it to a whole other level saying shit like MJ was a better passer than LeBron and a better shooter than Curry acting like he's f*cking god in basketball shoes or some shit

Shogon
07-16-2019, 06:06 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/25q817l.jpg

https://media0.giphy.com/media/JamItGEhnYKo8/giphy.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RashTediousDromedary-size_restricted.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46RutBTe-as&t=141

ClipperRevival
07-16-2019, 06:08 PM
3ball is one of the reasons i hate MJ

I get that he's the GOAT but these MJ stans take it to a whole other level saying shit like MJ was a better passer than LeBron and a better shooter than Curry acting like he's f*cking god in basketball shoes or some shit

He is God in bball shoes babyboi. Why do you think so many former NBA players revere him like a God? Because he freaken IS.

Shogon
07-16-2019, 06:09 PM
Yes, greatest "winner" in all of American sports history. Maybe you can add Michael Phelps to the list.

But he ain't the GOAT in bball because he was only dominant on 1 side of the ball. It's that simple. If he had done what he had done AND was dominant on both sides, there is no argument. But he focused on 1 end while his teammates carried the load on the other end.

Bill Russell's constipated turds > your life.

Vino24
07-16-2019, 07:36 PM
Bill Russell best Wilt many times throughout his career. Who did MJ face that was on Wilt

3ball
07-16-2019, 09:15 PM

Thats as good as I'm ever heard anyone say it.. :rockon:

Vino24
07-16-2019, 09:23 PM
Thats as good as I'm ever heard anyone say it.. :rockon:
Why didn't MJ have the mental capacity to 8-peat?

3ball
07-16-2019, 09:46 PM
Why didn't MJ have the mental capacity to 8-peat?
His dad's murder turned what was perhaps his greatest asset and source of mental strength (his strong relationship with his dad), into a vulnerability (broke him mentally and he needed to recover)

I still think one of you mj-haters killed his dad to prevent him from breaking Russell's record... :lol ... Because that's the only reason he didn't break it - his dad got murdered... :confusedshrug:

But it's still a testament to his goatness that nearly won 8 straight in the modern era... Everyone thought it was impossible, but MJ basically did it, if not for his dad's murder

ClipperRevival
07-16-2019, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Bill Russell best Wilt many times throughout his career. Who did MJ face that was on Wilt

Vino24
07-16-2019, 09:48 PM
Jordan, Jordan, Jordan. :mad: :rant
John Stockton?

3ball
07-16-2019, 09:53 PM
Bill Russell best Wilt many times throughout his career. Who did MJ face that was on Wilt’s level?
Meh, Russell's style was great for 2-pointer basketball when there was zero spacing and team offense was impossible - defense ruled the day, so that was Russell's wheelhouse

But once the game evolved to 3-pointer basketball and things opened up on the offensive end, a strictly defensive player couldn't win a bunch of rings anymore

That's when the best offensive player ever, and best 2-way player/leader became the goat by winning the most rings in the new, evolved 3-pointer basketball (6 rings in 3-pointer basketball)

Manny98
07-17-2019, 06:44 AM
He is God in bball shoes babyboi. Why do you think so many former NBA players revere him like a God? Because he freaken IS.
My point exactly :oldlol: :facepalm

Manny98
07-17-2019, 06:46 AM
His dad's murder turned what was perhaps his greatest asset and source of mental strength (his strong relationship with his dad), into a vulnerability (broke him mentally and he needed to recover)

I still think one of you mj-haters killed his dad to prevent him from breaking Russell's record... :lol ... Because that's the only reason he didn't break it - his dad got murdered... :confusedshrug:

But it's still a testament to his goatness that nearly won 8 straight in the modern era... Everyone thought it was impossible, but MJ basically did it, if not for his dad's murder
Wait you seriously believe MJ would have 8 peated if he didn't retire? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Phoenix
07-17-2019, 07:15 AM
Wait you seriously believe MJ would have 8 peated if he didn't retire? :roll: :roll: :roll:

At the very least he would have won the 94 title. Since that team was able to win 55 games without MJ, as the common argument, then keeping MJ in that mix certainly means a bad call doesn't decide the Knicks series, they beat the Pacers, and probably take out the Rockets in 5 or 6. If Grant still leaves them in 95 and the frontcourt is thin, they probably still lose. MJ didn't need bigs for offense but he needed the dirty work done against the bigs of the era, hence the value of Grant/Rodman.

So, 7 in 8 years. Still far beyond what anyone else has done other than the 60's Celtics.

Manny98
07-17-2019, 07:33 AM
At the very least he would have won the 94 title. Since that team was able to win 55 games without MJ, as the common argument, then keeping MJ in that mix certainly means a bad call doesn't decide the Knicks series, they beat the Pacers, and probably take out the Rockets in 5 or 6. If Grant still leaves them in 95 and the frontcourt is thin, they probably still lose. MJ didn't need bigs for offense but he needed the dirty work done against the bigs of the era, hence the value of Grant/Rodman.

So, 7 in 8 years. Still far beyond what anyone else has done other than the 60's Celtics.
No because fatigue would have been a factor. I'd say he wins in 94 but he doesn't 3 peat twice because he would of definitely been gassed out by the 98 season if he didn't retire

Phoenix
07-17-2019, 07:39 AM
No because fatigue would have been a factor. I'd say he wins in 94 but he doesn't 3 peat twice because he would of definitely been gassed out by the 98 season if he didn't retire

So he wins 4 straight, possibly loses in 95, comes back strong in 96 and 97, and let's play your game and say he gasses out by 98. He still ends up with 6 rings, which is still far beyond anyone but Russell's Celtics. You're trying to concoct all these cute little scenarios to try and take away from the ring count, but he'll still end up with a minimum of 6. And if he's gassed out by 98, then he probably doesn't face the '10.7 second option Hornacek' Jazz, so Simon loses ammunition for half his posts and goes to play in a minefield. A win-win all things considered.

Manny98
07-17-2019, 07:53 AM
So he wins 4 straight, possibly loses in 95, comes back strong in 96 and 97, and let's play your game and say he gasses out by 98. He still ends up with 6 rings, which is still far beyond anyone but Russell's Celtics. You're trying to concoct all these cute little scenarios to try and take away from the ring count, but he'll still end up with a minimum of 6. And if he's gassed out by 98, then he probably doesn't face the '10.7 second option Hornacek' Jazz, so Simon loses ammunition for half his posts and goes to play in a minefield. A win-win all things considered.
I'm not trying to take away from anything you insecure fanboy :oldlol:

All i said was the idea that Jordan would of won 8 straight if he didn't retire is absurd.

He's not winning in 95 period and he loses in 98 due to fatigue.

Phoenix
07-17-2019, 07:59 AM
I'm not trying to take away from anything you insecure fanboy :oldlol:

All i said was the idea that Jordan would of won 8 straight if he didn't retire is absurd.

He's not winning in 95 period and he loses in 98 due to fatigue.

You're part of the 'MJ's competition was weak' brigade, you inbred c**t. MJ winning more or less titles than he did doesn't change my life in any way, but I suspect you're one more Lebron finals failure away from shooting yourself.

Manny98
07-17-2019, 08:10 AM
You're part of the 'MJ's competition was weak' brigade, you inbred c**t. MJ winning more or less titles than he did doesn't change my life in any way, but I suspect you're one more Lebron finals failure away from shooting yourself.
If you say so idc about LeBron tbh :oldlol:

Phoenix
07-17-2019, 08:16 AM
If you say so idc about LeBron tbh :oldlol:

:rolleyes:

Manny98
07-17-2019, 08:27 AM
:rolleyes:
Look how riled up you got just from me saying that MJ wouldn't eight peat :roll:

I'm not close to being a LeBron fanboy as much as you fanboy and suck MJs **** 24/7

I actually acknowledge that LeBron has flaws unlike you MJ stans thinking he's so damm perfect

Phoenix
07-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Look how riled up you got just from me saying that MJ wouldn't eight peat :roll:

I'm not close to being a LeBron fanboy as much as you fanboy and suck MJs **** 24/7

I actually acknowledge that LeBron has flaws unlike you MJ stans thinking he's so damm perfect

An eye-roll is getting riled up? You're gonna be in for quite a shock about how the world works when your balls eventually drop.

I've never said MJ was perfect, he had his flaws. His first 3 years he was an individualistic showboat, GOAT-level individual talent and artistry, but he wasn't going anywhere if he didn't adapt his style into a more team-oriented approach( and got better teammates). You can bronze that statement.