PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles homies. Tell me about Griffith Park

DaHeezy
07-16-2019, 01:52 PM
I was listening to the last Joe Rogan podcast and they were talking about Griffith Park. Apparently there is an abundance of mountain lions. In a park in the middle of L.A???:eek:

How is there not a mauling at this park? What separates people from the wildlife?

Here's a pic of a collared mountain lion named P-22

https://www.latimes.com/resizer/u1WOWpfqizucv-BOz8FD5m5c04E=/1200x0/www.trbimg.com/img-56e2e591/turbine/la-me-ln-mountain-lion-p22-too-dangerous-for-griffith-park-20160311

What keeps this predator from picking out a helpless child as easy prey?

qrich
07-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Me and a few friends went to the Old LA Zoo after sundown, we encountered two mountain lions on our trek, and neither time did they even come close to us. Assuming it was due to the fact that we greatly outnumbered them.

Griffith Park is also vast, so I'm not shocked.

DaHeezy
07-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Me and a few friends went to the Old LA Zoo after sundown, we encountered two mountain lions on our trek, and neither time did they even come close to us. Assuming it was due to the fact that we greatly outnumbered them.

Griffith Park is also vast, so I'm not shocked.

Vast as it is a free roaming mountain lion in a city park doesn't sound all that safe. If this was Stanley Park in Vancouver they'd call for an evacuation