PDA

View Full Version : How did Tacko Fall go undrafted?

Vino24
07-16-2019, 08:40 PM
:wtf: 7'7 and has damn good moves. He moves very good for his size and he is a PROPORTIONAL 7'7 player which is crazy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTJW31UGjlY

Marchesk
07-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Is. He. Good?

Can. Lakers. Get. Him?

StrongLurk
He'd be a star in the 80's/90's...but the league has more talent now.

warriorfan
The league has changed drastically. Gigantic rim protectors are still nice but are not as essential as they used to be.

Vino24
07-16-2019, 08:45 PM
The league has changed drastically. Gigantic rim protectors are still nice but are not as essential as they used to be.
Yeah but every team could use a wall defender and low post presence even if he is never a focal point

bobopenguin
07-16-2019, 09:24 PM
well, thabeet failed.

eliteballer
07-16-2019, 09:29 PM
He moves slower than molasses..

Vino24
07-16-2019, 09:41 PM
He moves slower than molasses..
you haven't even watched him :wtf: he was running the floor great

sammichoffate
07-16-2019, 09:45 PM
Same reason Zhou Qi is out of the league, he can't keep up.

Vino24
07-16-2019, 09:46 PM
Same reason Zhou Qi is out of the league, he can't keep up.
have you watched any clips of him this summer?

sammichoffate
07-16-2019, 09:52 PM
have you watched any clips of him this summer?Yeah, he's doing okay. He's not playing against veterans and guys who have been in the league for a while though, he's playing against prospects. I think Boston doesn't gaf either way though because he's probably better than Kanter on defense.

stalkerforlife
07-16-2019, 09:57 PM
Dude will be a solid contributor.

Tall, but looks solid.

Can defend the rim and finishes well.

Ainge got a good one.

FireDavidKahn
07-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Because at the very most he'll be a 10-15 mpg player.

eliteballer
07-16-2019, 10:00 PM
You guys don't seem to understand summer league doesn't mean squat.

NBA is a completely different level, he clearly doesn't have the agility, speed, or overall athleticism to be much of a factor at that level.

Vino24
07-16-2019, 10:01 PM
A very good backup. Not bad for not being drafted

stalkerforlife
07-16-2019, 10:03 PM

NBA is a completely different level, he clearly doesn't have the agility, speed, or overall athleticism to be much of a factor at that level.

You'll see.

If guys like Looney can be solid contributors, there's little doubt Tacko can.

FireDavidKahn
07-16-2019, 10:21 PM

Exactly.

thefatmiral
07-17-2019, 05:55 PM
Too much importance on combo guards. As long a guy can offer some rim protection in crucial mins of game he should get a contract from someone.

Rolando
07-18-2019, 02:57 AM
Ainge came out yesterday and practically confirmed that Tacko will have some kind of spot on the Roster. This is excellent.

The guy is tall like Bol or Bradley but has a body which is not twig-like and skinny. He's filled in. Runs well.

On top of this, he has a high level of intelligence.

Really excited about his pontential.

WillyJakk
07-18-2019, 03:56 AM
I'm still pissed the Magic didn't draft him or sign him for the SL squad. He clearly can play.

ronniec
07-18-2019, 10:35 AM
We know he is a roster player, will only get limited minutes as a rookie.

About 10 minutes a game will be great, get a couple of rebounds, a few points, plus a block or two.

Celtics will have to rely on Kemba, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart.
Let Tacko develop.

sammichoffate
07-18-2019, 10:40 AM
I'm still pissed the Magic didn't draft him or sign him for the SL squad. He clearly can play.It's cuz you have Mo Bamba, it would be redundant.

Xiao Yao You
07-18-2019, 10:59 AM
Too much importance on combo guards. As long a guy can offer some rim protection in crucial mins of game he should get a contract from someone.

Not if he's too slow to guard the high pick and roll. The days of Mark Eaton standing near the rim with his arms up are over(they should have never happened actually). You have to be athletic enough to guard away from the rim too

Bosnian Sajo
07-18-2019, 11:03 AM

Which is more than enough of a reason to use a 2nd round pick on him. He will find his place in the league as a situational role player, think Boban Marjanovic but even bigger and much better at defense.

idk why the Lakers selected THT when we could have actually used Tacko as a quality backup big. I like McGee for his athleticism, but it never hurts to have 3 centers on a team.

Xiao Yao You
07-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Which is more than enough of a reason to use a 2nd round pick on him. He will find his place in the league as a situational role player, think Boban Marjanovic but even bigger and much better at defense.

idk why the Lakers selected THT when we could have actually used Tacko as a quality backup big. I like McGee for his athleticism, but it never hurts to have 3 centers on a team.

Lakers don't like young guys. They have become the farm team for the rest of the league. They could have kept Zubac and Thomas Bryant and Julius Randle...

ronniec
07-18-2019, 11:17 AM
Not if he's too slow to guard the high pick and roll. The days of Mark Eaton standing near the rim with his arms up are over(they should have never happened actually). You have to be athletic enough to guard away from the rim too

I am sure it is not the Tacko of right now is what Ainge looking for.

We are all looking for the learning curve and development of him.

He already has a natural advantage in his height. His ball handling, movement are not that bad. After training with the professional, live as a professional (example diet)... he could improve.

Bosnian Sajo
07-18-2019, 11:24 AM
Lakers don't like young guys. They have become the farm team for the rest of the league. They could have kept Zubac and Thomas Bryant and Julius Randle...

Farm team? They turned Lonzo, Ingram, and Hart into AD. Only the three big guys you just mentioned ended up getting away without anything of value being returned to the Lakers, everything else they've gotten value back from.

As for the guys you've mentioned, had they kept Randle we would have had to pay him. I like Julius, I don't like Julius on a 20m per year deal when we are trying to win a championship. Zubac was not in the plans to be kept on the team, and there was A LOT MORE behind the scenes to that trade that you are obviously unaware of. Javale Mcgee and Magic Johnson have a lot to do with him being traded, but mind you I have completely found peace with losing him because he is pretty replaceable. He's a cute center to play 20 mins per game, but I'd take Cousins over Zubac any day.

As for Thomas Bryant, he is one I can 100% agree with you that we ****ed up on. Never gave him a chance, declined his team option when it was affordable af, and he would have fit next to AD pretty damn well. Strong big man who can wet it from outside. On a very solid 3yrs/$25m as well, it's a shame.

ImKobe
07-18-2019, 11:24 AM

McGee/Cousins will take up almost all the minutes at the 5 and we'll have Davis playing 5 as well against smaller line-ups, I don't think he would have been worth the roster spot for us.

Bosnian Sajo
07-18-2019, 11:29 AM
Turned Dlo into BroLo (solid player but ultimately used for capspace, aka Lebron) and Kuzma

Clarkson and Nance into capspace (that was used to sign Lebron James) and Moe Wagner (traded for capspace)

Hart, Lonzo, and Ingram were traded for Anthony Davis

Randle was allowed to walk (my guy, but rightfully so...he wouldn't fit), Bryant waived

Zubac traded due to internal drama

You gotta remember the bad contracts that were on this team. Deng and Mozgov handicapped us, and Dlo's deal helped us get rid of Mozgov and turn him into an expiring contract which was HUGE.

Like I said, other than Thomas Bryant there are really no regrets with the way the Lakers used their young guys. This is a better situation than Boston, who refused to move their young guys and because of that lost out on a number of big names (much like how we originally lost out on Paul George and Kawhi back in 2017) and are left as a solid, but ultimately mid level team.

sportjames23
07-19-2019, 07:15 AM
He'd be a star in the 80's/90's...but the league has more talent now.

:roll: :roll: :roll: