PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: "I wouldn't join the Lakers... I want to compete"

Kidbasketball20
07-17-2019, 04:26 AM
via Jimmy Kimmel

"I'm from the era where I want to compete.. and teach them to beat the super teams"

Not like trash LeBitch James

Andrei89
07-17-2019, 08:08 AM
Lebron:cry: :( :mad: :rant :(

fiddy
07-17-2019, 08:41 AM
If he wanted to compete, he would have lost some weight. But generally he's right.

FKAri
07-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Shaq's tough guy act is so cringe. One of the many reasons he ruins the vibe on TNT.

clipps
07-17-2019, 09:40 AM
"Does the Kobe burger come with more onion rings?":oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
But.....he DID join the Lakers though. What the **** is he talking about?

superduper
07-17-2019, 09:55 AM
But.....he DID join the Lakers though. What the **** is he talking about?

He's talking about this Lakers superteam

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 10:00 AM
He's talking about this Lakers superteam

Right...but Shaq joined a 53 win Lakers team.

Meanwhile, Lebron joined a 35 win Lakers team and AD joined a 37 win Lakers team (was traded, we lost assets).

If anything, Shaq's team was more of a superteam at the time. This Lakers team isn't a super team. Yes, we have 2 superstar players...but after that, there aren't any other stars. Good-to-great role players, yes. A potential star in Kuz, yes. But at the end of the day, this is not a super team.

2008 Celtics were a super team, 2010 Heat, 2016 Cavs, 2017 Warriors.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 10:02 AM
OP has to give us some more context, was Shaq saying this in reference to Kawhi? Because then it would make sense.

clipps
07-17-2019, 10:26 AM
OP has to give us some more context, was Shaq saying this in reference to Kawhi? Because then it would make sense.
Shaq was asked if he'd join the Clippers or Lakers and Shaq said he'd pick neither and join another team that needs help.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 10:30 AM
Shaq was asked if he'd join the Clippers or Lakers and Shaq said he'd pick neither and join another team that needs help.

So then his quote has NOTHING to do with Lebron joining the Lakers, as it shouldn't considering Lebron did NOT join a superteam on the Lakers. It was about Kawhi.

Most days I just ignore the trolls, but on these certain days I cannot stand the bias certain posters have against Lebron and others that have it against Kobe. How much does your life suck that everyday you go online to talk trash about the player you hate most? For some of yall, that is more important than rooting for your favorite player/team.

Wally450
07-17-2019, 10:32 AM
The fact that people call this Lakers team is called a superteam shows how loose the term superteam is used nowadays.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 10:37 AM
The fact that people call this Lakers team is called a superteam shows how loose the term superteam is used nowadays.

Agreed.

It would have been a superteam HAD Kawhi joined, but he didn't. So we got a superstar duo and quality role players around them.

IF....IF Cousins can come back to his previous form and Kuzma elevates his game, THEN I could see the argument for a superteam. But at the moment, this is as much of a super team as the Lakers were during the 3 peat.

Mr Feeny
07-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Agreed.

It would have been a superteam HAD Kawhi joined, but he didn't. So we got a superstar duo and quality role players around them.

IF....IF Cousins can come back to his previous form and Kuzma elevates his game, THEN I could see the argument for a superteam. But at the moment, this is as much of a super team as the Lakers were during the 3 peat.

This isnt a super team. As you said the 2003-2004 lakers were much more of a super team. They won neither time because Kobe decided to go brick mode and not let anyone touch the ball. Will be interesting to see how Lebron does with less talent.

superduper
07-17-2019, 11:20 AM
This isnt a super team. As you said the 2003-2004 lakers were much more of a super team. They won neither time because Kobe decided to go brick mode and not let anyone touch the ball. Will be interesting to see how Lebron does with less talent.

Absolute prime AD and returning to prime form Cousins is less talent than 40 year old Malone and 35 year old Payton? :biggums:

Not to mention these Lakers having much better role players than 04

Mr Feeny
07-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Absolute prime AD and returning to prime form Cousins is less talent than 40 year old Malone and 35 year old Payton? :biggums:

Not to mention these Lakers having much better role players then 04

Are we really comparing AD to prime Shaq?:lol
And no, the role player on the 2004 team were better than this one. I'd rather have Malone and Payton than Rondo.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 11:42 AM

So many things wrong with this post, I don't know where to begin.

1. I was referring to the 3 peat Lakers, not the Lakers plus Payton/Malone. But yes, the Kobe/Shaq/Payton/Malone squad was considered a super team.

2. Payton and Malone only played 1 season each on the Lakers, so idk what you mean when you say both times

3. "Kobe decided to go brick mode" = "Please don't take me serious"

Idk if you realize how good the Pistons were defensively, but they were amazing. As bad as Kobe shot the ball in that series (38%), do you realize that ONLY SHAQ and Devan George shot the ball better for the Lakers during that series?

Kobe didn't have a good series against the Pistons, I am well aware of that. But neither did Malone or Payton, or anyone on the team not named Shaq.

superduper
07-17-2019, 11:43 AM
And no, the role player on the 2004 team were better than this one. I'd rather have Malone and Payton than Rondo.

In this comparison wouldn't Shaq be LeBron? First option - First option.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 11:47 AM

Wrong, the role players on this current team are absolutely better.

Slav Medvedenko was getting big minutes on that Lakers team for crying out loud, not even the current reserves are that level of trash.

What makes a super team is not the role players, it's the SUPER STARS. hence the name, super team.

SamuraiSWISH
07-17-2019, 11:50 AM
Kobe didn't have a good series against the Pistons, I am well aware of that. But neither did Malone or Payton, or anyone on the team not named Shaq.
Malone wasn

ShawkFactory
07-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Easy for him to say as a retired HOFer who isn

SouBeachTalents
07-17-2019, 12:22 PM
Easy for him to say as a retired HOFer who isn’t currently catching shit on every form of social media for not winning rings.
Also easy for him to say when he had Penny, Kobe & Wade all in his prime years. Not to mention Nash, LeBron and the Celtics Big 3 afterwords :lol

DaHeezy
07-17-2019, 12:24 PM
WTF is Shaq talking about? Every team he joined was a contender

The Lakers
Wade's Heat
Nash's Suns
LeBron's Cavs
Peirce, Garnett, Ray Allen Celtics

The guy is on crack

Mr Feeny
07-17-2019, 12:47 PM
Wrong, the role players on this current team are absolutely better.

Slav Medvedenko was getting big minutes on that Lakers team for crying out loud, not even the current reserves are that level of trash.

What makes a super team is not the role players, it's the SUPER STARS. hence the name, super team.

Nah. Fox, Fisher, Malone, and Payton >>> Rondo and Kuzma. This isnt even close

Mr Feeny
07-17-2019, 12:49 PM
So many things wrong with this post, I don't know where to begin.

1. I was referring to the 3 peat Lakers, not the Lakers plus Payton/Malone. But yes, the Kobe/Shaq/Payton/Malone squad was considered a super team.

2. Payton and Malone only played 1 season each on the Lakers, so idk what you mean when you say both times

3. "Kobe decided to go brick mode" = "Please don't take me serious"

Idk if you realize how good the Pistons were defensively, but they were amazing. As bad as Kobe shot the ball in that series (38%), do you realize that ONLY SHAQ and Devan George shot the ball better for the Lakers during that series?

Prince held Kobe to 38%fg yet couldnt stop Wade or Lebron when they played the Heat and Cavs. Because both Lebton and wade are better than your idol.

As far as the ad lapidim goes, yup, you've shown me that I shouldn't take you seriously.

Mr Feeny
07-17-2019, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Malone wasn

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Nah. Fox, Fisher, Malone, and Payton >>> Rondo and Kuzma. This isnt even close

Sorry, I didn't realize AD and Lebron only have Rondo and Kuzma on the team.

I must have missed the breaking news where the Lakers waived Danny Green, Demarcus Cousins, KCP, Quinn Cook, Jared Dudley, Javalee Mcgee, and Alex Caruso.

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Cousins and McGee the worst center duo in the game?

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Prince held Kobe to 38%fg yet couldnt stop Wade or Lebron when they played the Heat and Cavs. Because both Lebton and wade are better than your idol.

As far as the ad lapidim goes, yup, you've shown me that I shouldn't take you seriously.

Again, you are a dumbass.

1. I do not have an idol, I am not built like you. You worship a man while I do not.

2. idk who this Lebton is, but if he's better than Kobe I wanna meet him.

btw, Lebron lost to the Pistons teams Kobe faced. He only beat the Pistons in 2007 once Ben Wallace was off the team. As far as Wade beating them, Wade was a ****ing monster in 2006. 1 playoff series does not equate to a player surpassing a GOAT-tier player, you've got to do a lot more. Especially considering Kobe only got 1 shot at them while both Wade and Lebron, both of whom first lost to Detroit before ever beating them, had more than 1 matchup in the playoffs with the Pistons.

I agree that you should not take me serious, as it would take away any future discourse between the two of us and I can only view that to be a positive thing in my life. So PLEASE, please don't take me serious, you'd be doing me a huge favor lol.

You're one of the worst posters when it comes to having a "discussion", because it never is a discussion. It's you presenting your opinion and pushing to disregard the opinion of others in order for them to agree with you. That's no discussion at all, that's called an argument buddy. Newsflash, and I'm sure you're aware of this, but that gets you no where in life and will only lead people to dislike you. Strongly.

Carry on.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Cousins and McGee the worst center duo in the game?

Do you actually believe that?

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 02:06 PM
Do you actually believe that?

Asking a serious question. I know I wouldn't want either on my team let alone both!

RRR3
07-17-2019, 02:09 PM
According to Superduperdumb, superstars are available for 3.5 million a year.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 02:14 PM
Asking a serious question. I know I wouldn't want either on my team let alone both!

Depends on the context of your teams situation.

Mcgee is a nice piece, he gets a bad rap for his Wizards days, but he proved to be a nice piece for the Warriors back2back titles and he played well last year for the Lakers. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better backup centers.

Cousins, I understand where you are coming from. I was in the exact same boat as you are, but having lost out on Kawhi and not left with very many options, I'm glad we picked him up. He's on a small contract so in case he causes issues, we can easily remove him. However, and more likely considering he is now allegedly 100% healthy and on a team with AD and Lebron, he could play like an all star again in which case our center combo shoot up to the top of the charts.

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 02:16 PM

Mcgee is a nice piece, he gets a bad rap for his Wizards days, but he proved to be a nice piece for the Warriors back2back titles and he played well last year for the Lakers. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the better backup centers.

Cousins, I understand where you are coming from. I was in the exact same boat as you are, but having lost out on Kawhi and not left with very many options, I'm glad we picked him up. He's on a small contract so in case he causes issues, we can easily remove him. However, and more likely considering he is now allegedly 100% healthy and on a team with AD and Lebron, he could play like an all star again in which case our center combo shoot up to the top of the charts.

Cousins as an all-star lost lots of games and didn't play any D nor efficiently. Good luck with that! Guarantee ever team will isolate him in the pick and roll

RRR3
07-17-2019, 02:17 PM

Cousins will take away from AD and LeBron. You’ll see. Guarantee you he and Rondo hurt the team. Unless he just plays as a backup to McGee.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 03:28 PM
Cousins as an all-star lost lots of games and didn't play any D nor efficiently. Good luck with that! Guarantee ever team will isolate him in the pick and roll

Look man, you can find 100's of posts from me bashing Cousins about being a career loser and a modern day SAR, I'm fully aware of what you're saying.

Good luck with that! I'm peppy!

Regardless was he losing games, he was individually playing well. This much is true. He has proven that he cannot be the main piece on a team and win games....but 3rd/4th option? He proved to be decent for the Warriors. Didn't make any problems with the team, and did what was asked up until the quad injury. Seeing as he is 100% healthy now, lost weight, and has had a full year to come back from the achilles tear, I believe he is of value for our team.

TL/DR; I'd rather have Cousins at center than any other center that was left available at the time of Kawhi deciding on the Clippers.

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Cousins will take away from AD and LeBron. You

Bosnian Sajo
07-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Do you forget that Rondo played with us last year? Why would Lebron be cool with bringing him back if he was hurting the team...you'd think if a player caused the team to play worse, a player with as much say as Lebron has would speak up to management and let them know not to bring back said player.

ArbitraryWater
07-17-2019, 04:11 PM
via Jimmy Kimmel

"I'm from the era where I want to compete.. and teach them to beat the super teams"

Not like trash LeBitch James

u realizing he's refering to the lakers with lebron, not the lakers lebron joined? lel

Overdrive
07-17-2019, 04:23 PM
He'd join the Clippers.

RIP CITY
07-17-2019, 04:46 PM
Hilarious coming from Shaq... He forced trades to teams that already had superstars and ring chased late in his career. He picked Miami, he picked the Suns, he picked the Cavs, he picked the Celtics, all had superstars for him to team up with. Don't say "he was traded", he got to pick where he was traded to everytime becuz he would throw a hissy fit if they didn't send him where he wanted to go.

He played with

Kobe
D-Wade
LeBron
Nash
Amare
Pierce
KG

He absolutely would have joined a superteam, especially if he played in today's p*ssy climate where every player is trying to do it.

superduper
07-17-2019, 04:48 PM
Yeah Shaq is a ring chasing loser we knew this already. We can't blame him though, not everyone can win legit rings with absolute scrub teammates like Kobe/MJ/Hakeem/Dirk

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 05:08 PM
Look man, you can find 100's of posts from me bashing Cousins about being a career loser and a modern day SAR, I'm fully aware of what you're saying.

Good luck with that! I'm peppy!

Regardless was he losing games, he was individually playing well. This much is true. He has proven that he cannot be the main piece on a team and win games....but 3rd/4th option? He proved to be decent for the Warriors. Didn't make any problems with the team, and did what was asked up until the quad injury. Seeing as he is 100% healthy now, lost weight, and has had a full year to come back from the achilles tear, I believe he is of value for our team.

TL/DR; I'd rather have Cousins at center than any other center that was left available at the time of Kawhi deciding on the Clippers.

Putting up empty stats while being a negative on D and inefficient on offense isn't playing well but that's just me

GOBB
07-17-2019, 05:16 PM
Hilarious coming from Shaq... He forced trades to teams that already had superstars and ring chased late in his career. He picked Miami, he picked the Suns, he picked the Cavs, he picked the Celtics, all had superstars for him to team up with. Don't say "he was traded", he got to pick where he was traded to everytime becuz he would throw a hissy fit if they didn't send him where he wanted to go.

He played with

Kobe
D-Wade
LeBron
Nash
Amare
Pierce
KG

He absolutely would have joined a superteam, especially if he played in today's p*ssy climate where every player is trying to do it.

Shaq signed to LA. Kobe was 18. Far from a superstar. What are you saying?

Kidbasketball20
07-17-2019, 05:35 PM
u realizing he's refering to the lakers with lebron, not the lakers lebron joined? lel

LeBitch pleaded and cried to Kawhi for him to join a team ALREADY with AD and LBJ. And instead of taking the alpha role, he begged AD and his bitch Rich Paul to join him.

Relinquish
07-17-2019, 06:24 PM

Well right now we have Thomas Bryant who is a very good and promising young center with big upside (thanks Lakers), and then we have Ian Mahinmi and Mo Wagner who are both garbage. I don't see any world where the duo of Boogie and JaVale isn't better.

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 06:25 PM
Well right now we have Thomas Bryant who is a very good and promising young center with big upside (thanks Lakers), and then we have Ian Mahinmi and Mo Wagner who are both garbage. I don't see any world where the duo of Boogie and JaVale isn't better.

Rather have Bryant than either. Lakers gave away a lot of young talent

Relinquish
07-17-2019, 06:26 PM
Rather have Bryant than either. Lakers gave away a lot of young talent

For sure, but Mahinmi and Wagner are miles worse than both Boogie/JaVale, so it's basically 1 player vs 2. Like just thinking of it as a duo makes me almost puke in my mouth. :lol

Xiao Yao You
07-17-2019, 06:28 PM
For sure, but Mahinmi and Wagner are miles worse than both Boogie/JaVale, so it's basically 1 player vs 2. Like just thinking of it as a duo makes me almost puke in my mouth. :lol

2 I wouldn't want

Jay-B
07-17-2019, 09:28 PM
Lol what does he mean? He left a stacked Magic team to go to an already competing Lakers team where he couldn