PDA

View Full Version : Will Kawhi be able to carry dead weight PG to a chip?

lilteapot
07-19-2019, 11:55 AM
I think they're title faves, but mostly because of Kawhi.

PG hasn't accomplished anything so far and has been very underwhelming so far considering he's had MVP expectations since he was in Indiana.

AirTupac
07-19-2019, 11:55 AM
Joe Ingles will shit on PG as usual

Doranku
07-19-2019, 12:05 PM
He carried Kyle Lowry to a championship, so anything is possible.

AirTupac
07-19-2019, 12:07 PM
He carried Kyle Lowry to a championship, so anything is possible.

He had a whole team behind him -- Pascal, Ibaka, Marc Gasol, FVV etc.

FreezingTsmoove
07-19-2019, 01:09 PM
Dont let the Nike marketing hype train have anyone on this site fooled. Paul George is ****ing trash!!! Did he have a dominant stretch last season? Yes but like always he fell off and became the below average player he always was post injury

jayfan
07-19-2019, 01:34 PM
Honestly, I'd have preferred them to pass on the PG trade, if it had been all the same to Kawhi. (but it wasn't).

PG is a star player, but he's not really a marked upgrade over SGA + Gallo on the Clippers with Kawhi.

Plus you'd still have all your 1sts going forward. And more cap space.

superduper
07-19-2019, 01:49 PM
PG will be featured more in the regular season for load management purposes for Kawhi. Their seeding won't really matter tbh, even if they're 8th. So Kahwi playing 55-60 games won't be too big of an issue. The playoffs is where he'll come alive again and we'll see if he can do it again.

NBAGOAT
07-19-2019, 01:55 PM
George was kind of overrated most of his career as I would

imdaman99
07-19-2019, 02:52 PM
PG was great last year up until he hurt his shoulder. That's usually the problem with him, he has great stretches and might even be tearing it up until some injury.

TheCalmInsanity
07-20-2019, 02:52 AM
Dont let the Nike marketing hype train have anyone on this site fooled. Paul George is ****ing trash!!! Did he have a dominant stretch last season? Yes but like always he fell off and became the below average player he always was post injury

George had the highest points per possession other than Kawhi last season, while playing some of the best defense in the league, and finishing 3rd in MVP voting. Not sure if you know what below average means...

tontoz
07-21-2019, 11:19 AM
OP must have been asleep this past season.

December 31/9 with a 63% TS
January 30/8 with a 60% TS
Feb 35/8 with a 62% TS

Even though he fell off after his shoulder injury he was still 3rd in the MVP voting.

Stephonit
07-21-2019, 02:10 PM
Anthony Davis is closer to the real deal than Paul George. Pelicans swept the Trail Blazers. Trail Blazers eliminated the Thunder. Nike has been pushing George as a star player based on his past performances in weak Eastern Conference playoffs. I need to see much more. Kawhi is a real star and a team that he is on will need to be taken seriously but I don't give much added value to the Clippers for having Paul George.

Prometheus
07-21-2019, 03:31 PM
Maybe to the Finals, only to get smoked by Philly.

DocSlam
07-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Harrell will carry both of those "always injured" all stars.

ImKobe
07-21-2019, 04:45 PM
PG was great last year up until he hurt his shoulder. That's usually the problem with him, he has great stretches and might even be tearing it up until some injury.

Not one but both shoulders. A torn rotator cuff and a torn labrum if I'm not mistaken. Those are serious injuries that are not being talked about enough tbh. Both Kawhi and George are pretty significantly banged up for this upcoming season so it will be interesting to see if either of them will play 70+ RS games.

Harrell will carry both of those "always injured" all stars.

I hope this is sarcasm.

ClipperRevival
07-21-2019, 09:46 PM
PG has "the man" abilities when he's motivated. But most times of his career sans stretches of last year, he lacked it. Luckily, Clips got a real "the man" in Kawhi so PG will be able to flourish in his natural role as 2nd fiddle. It's a match made in heaven when you consider their ability to D up.

Ass Dan
07-21-2019, 10:22 PM
Kawhi is now officially under pressure.

Toronto was a perfect fit for him and the way he played.

Gonna be near impossible to replicate what he did there.

He has peaked professionally.

ClipperRevival
07-21-2019, 11:28 PM
Kawhi is now officially under pressure.

Toronto was a perfect fit for him and the way he played.

Gonna be near impossible to replicate what he did there.

He has peaked professionally.

Lol. What? Everything was set up for him to fail last year. This is exactly what I say about anyone who wins too much, people naturally assume they had the perfect scenario while people who always lose were always in terrible situations. Kawhi freaken balled the f out in the playoffs. He is the MAIN reason why Raps got a chip, it's called being "the man."