PDA

View Full Version : Bout to watch "Get Out"...

Prometheus
07-22-2019, 09:57 PM
Watched "Us" last night. It wasn't a masterpiece, but I enjoyed it...

My girlfriend wanted to watch this one this afternoon before she went into work, but I wasn't having that shit :oldlol: horror gotta be watched at night.

So here goes. I'll check back in 2 hours or so

:cheers:

highwhey
07-22-2019, 10:06 PM
get out was better than Us

Prometheus
07-22-2019, 11:45 PM
Yeah it was

highwhey
07-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Yeah it was
whatd you think of it? too anti white?

Prometheus
07-23-2019, 12:09 AM
I really liked it actually. There were only a few things that bothered me...

1. The detectives might have laughed at Rod's breakdown of what he thought was going on... but he rolled in there with info about a missing person. No matter how crazy they think he sounds with everything else, they're gonna pursue that.

2. It's just... not that easy to hypnotize people. I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief, but come on. All she did was touch a spoon to a tea cup and my guy went catatonic.

3. Pretty typical horror movie shit, but I have to think that given the circumstances, Chris would have made DAMN sure Jeremy was dead before leaving the room. I don't think it's too much to ask for just ONE horror movie without that stupid plot device. If I was on the verge of being turned into a f*cking avatar-slave-robot for some psychopathic family, I would smash that dude's head into a thousand pieces.

But overall... awesome concept, good enough acting, satisfying violence at the end... I thought it was pretty cool. I'll watch whatever Peele does in the future.

highwhey
07-23-2019, 12:40 AM
I really liked it actually. There were only a few things that bothered me...

1. The detectives might have laughed at Rod's breakdown of what he thought was going on... but he rolled in there with info about a missing person. No matter how crazy they think he sounds with everything else, they're gonna pursue that.

2. It's just... not that easy to hypnotize people. I know we are supposed to suspend disbelief, but come on. All she did was touch a spoon to a tea cup and my guy went catatonic.

3. Pretty typical horror movie shit, but I have to think that given the circumstances, Chris would have made DAMN sure Jeremy was dead before leaving the room. I don't think it's too much to ask for just ONE horror movie without that stupid plot device. If I was on the verge of being turned into a f*cking avatar-slave-robot for some psychopathic family, I would smash that dude's head into a thousand pieces.

But overall... awesome concept, good enough acting, satisfying violence at the end... I thought it was pretty cool. I'll watch whatever Peele does in the future.
that's a fair take on it.

i'm really hoping Peele continues to direct more horror films and pans out. I felt like US was a bit of a letdown after seeing Get Out, but it wasn't necessarily a flop, just not as good.

stalkerforlife
07-23-2019, 11:51 AM
Wait...

Is this one of those conjured of storylines of whites telling blacks to get out of their town or something?

LMAO.

Where do they get these storylines, from their paranoid schizophrenia?

Literally never seen anything like it in real life.

Anything to demonize whites and gaslight already paranoid people with the big bad white man.

Prometheus
07-23-2019, 12:14 PM
Wait...

Is this one of those conjured of storylines of whites telling blacks to get out of their town or something?

LMAO.

Anything to demonize whites and gaslight already paranoid people with the big bad white man.

You should watch it, it's a pretty cool movie. It is anti mixed couples, right up your alley.

ItsMillerTime
07-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Wait...

LMAO.

What the hell are you even rambling on about? Why would you interject your own insecurities into a topic you apparently have no knowledge about? :biggums:

stalkerforlife
07-23-2019, 01:29 PM
You should watch it, it's a pretty cool movie. It is anti mixed couples, right up your alley.

Just because I prefer something, that doesn't mean I'll rage and a group of us will run someone out of a town

I'd be disappointed and move on.

These BS storylines are just propaganda to demonize white people.

But of course Guess Who was just a funny movie of a dad not wanting his daughter to date a white man.

Prometheus
07-23-2019, 01:34 PM
Just because I prefer something, that doesn't mean I'll rage and a group of us will run someone out of a town

I'd be disappointed and move on.

These BS storylines are just propaganda to demonize white people.

But of course Guess Who was just a funny movie of a dad not wanting his daughter to date a white man.

The plot isn't what you think it is. It's not about a white family trying to run the black guy out of town. In a sense... quite the opposite. I really think you would like the movie. It's pretty intense.

highwhey
07-23-2019, 01:37 PM
What the hell are you even rambling on about? Why would you interject your own insecurities into a topic you apparently have no knowledge about? :biggums:
:roll: that

stalkerforlife
07-23-2019, 01:52 PM
The plot isn't what you think it is. It's not about a white family trying to run the black guy out of town. In a sense... quite the opposite. I really think you would like the movie. It's pretty intense.

Oh, true.

My bad.

I'll check it out.

RRR3
07-23-2019, 02:25 PM
It’s not anti mixed couples lmao.

Someone’s lily white feelings got hurt again

Prometheus
07-23-2019, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]It

LostCause
07-31-2019, 07:42 PM
I enjoyed Get Out. Also watched it with my girlfriend

I think the most disturbing part of that movie was the camera flash and what happened after with Andre (I think was his name). Was most sympathetic for the maid though. The fact that there

stalkerforlife
08-01-2019, 05:58 PM
I watched "Us."

It was very racist, but captivating.

They made sure to kill off whitey as much as possible.

Definite subliminal messages.

But blatantly racist.