PDA

View Full Version : Gasol gets overrated to discredit Kobe

JohnMax
07-22-2019, 10:41 PM
Gasol never averaged 20 & 10 once in his career (not even as 1st option in Memphis) link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html)

For comparison, Bosh and Love have each done it 3 times link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html), link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html)

Round Mound
07-22-2019, 11:09 PM
Pau was the best passing big man of the 00-10s and was just below Duncan and Yao as the most onstoppable big post player in the game. He never averaged 20 and 10 but he was close multiple of times and he also averaged 1.6 BPG in his career (neither Bosh or Love came close): better paint defender and shot blocker than both Bosh and Love. Pau was a finess post player something unexistant in todays nba.

LostCause
07-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Pau was great for the Lakers but people absolutely do overrate him to hate on Kobe

I saw this thread on reddit recently
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/cfoc4n/without_kobe_bryant_the_20052005_lakers_had_an/

Showing how Kobe’s on/off impact surpassed the best of players like LeBron, Westbrook, Nash etc showing just how dominant HE was while playing on an all time bad Lakers team. That carry job was unreal (#3 offense with him, historically bad without him)

NBAGOAT
07-23-2019, 01:18 AM
little unpopular but kobe 06 has a good case over 87 mj, 03 tmac, 09 wade type years. difference is how good the lakers are offensively with kobe, odom, and crap essentially compared to those other teams. plus/minus is kind of noisy however and the 07 stats with a similar roster/carry job are vastly different(109.7 on, 104.7 off)

I get people who default to 08 kobe however as his peak, his defense is better and the mvp was deserved. I'm a Paul guy but actually disagree paul deserved mvp in 08. the 08 team had fantastic results with bynum/gasol playing a combined 62 games, this wasnt 09-11 where both played together. Went 46-16 in those games

Kiddlovesnets
07-23-2019, 01:35 AM
More like the opposite, gasol underrated to overcredit Kobe.

zeerghit
07-23-2019, 02:49 AM
the guy who was snubbed hardcore for 2010 FMVP cant be overrated

Kblaze8855
07-23-2019, 03:06 AM
Just like Wade and Pippen he gets over or under rated depending entirely on which group of irrational people is trying to prop up or diminish LeBron Kobe or Jordan. You almost never hear a reasonable middle ground approach taken with any of them here because most normal posters know you can

iamgine
07-23-2019, 03:29 AM
The thing is, Gasol was amazing. Just like Pippen was amazing.

Them being amazing doesn't have to discredit or bring down Kobe & Jordan. No one wins championship without amazing performances beside them. Even when Dirk won it, his team was performing at a very high level for their talent on paper.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 04:10 AM
The thing is, Gasol was amazing. Just like Pippen was amazing.

Them being amazing doesn't have to discredit or bring down Kobe & Jordan. No one wins championship without amazing performances beside them. Even when Dirk won it, his team was performing at a very high level for their talent on paper.

Gasol was a lot more dominant in the 2010 playoffs (relative to the number 1 option, Kobe) than Pippen ever was, to Jordan.

Gasol outperformed Kobe in the 2010 finals. Jordan never had that. And Lebron only had that once (2011).

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 04:11 AM

I was going to say that I feel it's the other way around, most of the time. Kobe fans spend their entire time online telling everyone that Gasol was a scrub, in order to prop up Kobe.

superduper
07-23-2019, 08:31 AM
Gasol was a lot more dominant in the 2010 playoffs (relative to the number 1 option, Kobe) than Pippen ever was, to Jordan.

Gasol outperformed Kobe in the 2010 finals. Jordan never had that. And Lebron only had that once (2011).

This is just straight up disingenuous.

Gasol outplayed kobe how, cause VORP? Winshare?

Gasol played very well and played an integral role in both championships but like 60% of his shots were spoonfed wide open created by Kobe. I'm a Gasol hater here only because of how much stupid hate Kobe gets. Gasol was great but it was all Kobe no matter what VORP tells you.

plowking
07-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Gasol never averaged 20 & 10 once in his career (not even as 1st option in Memphis) link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/gasolpa01.html)

For comparison, Bosh and Love have each done it 3 times link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/boshch01.html), link (https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01.html)

I'm a Heat fan, and I'd never take Bosh over Gasol. I don't think it is particularly close either.

Gasol was putting up 19/11 in the two playoff runs to the title. He certainly never laid eggs as big as Bosh did either in the playoffs. Bosh for comparison put up 14/7.

Nothing to do with underrating anyone. Gasol was just that good.

superduper
07-23-2019, 09:26 AM
I'm a Heat fan, and I'd never take Bosh over Gasol. I don't think it is particularly close either.

Gasol was putting up 19/11 in the two playoff runs to the title. He certainly never laid eggs as big as Bosh did either in the playoffs. Bosh for comparison put up 14/7.

Your comparison isn't fair as one was the 2nd option and one was the 3rd option. Naturally the stats wouldn't be close and Bosh would look a lot different if he had a 2nd option role under Kobe as opposed to being behind LeBron and Wade.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 09:47 AM
This is just straight up disingenuous.

Gasol outplayed kobe how, cause VORP? Winshare?

Gasol played very well and played an integral role in both championships but like 60% of his shots were spoonfed wide open created by Kobe. I'm a Gasol hater here only because of how much stupid hate Kobe gets. Gasol was great but it was all Kobe no matter what VORP tells you.

You realize that you literally transpose the two names and change the metrics and your post wouldn't be any different:

Kobe outplayed Pau how, cause PPg? FGA?

Kobe played very well and played an integral role in both championships but like 60% of his shots were spoonfed wide open created by Pau. I'm a kobe hater here only because of how much stupid hate Pau gets. Kobe was great but it was all Gasol no matter what ppg tells you.[/QUOTE]

superduper
07-23-2019, 09:57 AM
You realize that you literally transpose the two names and change the metrics and your post wouldn't be any different:

Kobe outplayed Pau how, cause PPg? FGA?

Kobe played very well and played an integral role in both championships but like 60% of his shots were spoonfed wide open created by Pau. I'm a kobe hater here only because of how much stupid hate Pau gets. Kobe was great but it was all Gasol no matter what ppg tells you.
You serious with this shit?

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 11:08 AM
You serious with this shit?

Are you serious with yours?

The Iron Fist
07-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Paus playoff record before Kobe?
Paus playoff record as a Laker with Kobe sidelined with injury?

superduper
07-23-2019, 11:33 AM

He was DOMINANT :mad: :mad:

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 12:15 PM
Kobe missed the playoffs, while Pau carried scrubs to it.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:37 PM

I beg to differ. On both accounts.

I wasn't around back then, but go look back at the 1991-1993 NBA finals, in particular the 1992 NBA finals. I watched a couple of these games on tape, but the stats alone suggest you to be very wrong in your opinion.

1992 Finals, Scottie Pippen

21ppg/8rpg/8apg/1.5spg on 48.5% shooting from the field

Damn near a triple double. Same story in 1993, just with his FG% dipping to 44% meanwhile he avearaged a solid 2 steals and a block in addition to 21pts/9rbs/7.7apg

You are both overrating Gasol and SEVERELY underrating Pippen.

Gasol outperformed Kobe how, because he was more efficient from the field? Pau was GREAT during that series, he was Kobe's right hand man...but don't you forget who ultimately won that title for the team. Pau rebounded very very well and was great defensively, but so was Kobe.

Kobe literally averaged more rebounds per game than ANY other player in the series sans his bigman Pau. He also scored 29ppg for the Lakers, meanwhile Pau averaged 10 less than that.

In no way am I belittling Pau, but you are forcing my hand by so nonchalantly saying that Pau outperformed Kobe, that is such BS dude. Pau was great...Kobe was greater.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Kobe missed the playoffs, while Pau carried scrubs to it.

Shouldn't that be the other way around....Pau had a 49 win team in 2006 that dipped to sub 30 wins in 2007, meanwhile Kobe carried starters Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Chris Mihm(2006)/Luke Walton(2007) to the playoffs.

Like you guys gotta stop.

ScalsFan21
07-23-2019, 12:44 PM
This is true.

Kobe is undoubtedly overrated.

But Gasol gets overrated to discredit him further.

jayfan
07-23-2019, 12:53 PM

There's no bigger Pau Gasol fan/proponent than Kobe himself.

Kind of ruins your premise, doesn't it?

superduper
07-23-2019, 01:14 PM
JohnMax NEVA LOST :rockon:

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 01:17 PM
I beg to differ. On both accounts.

I wasn't around back then, but go look back at the 1991-1993 NBA finals, in particular the 1992 NBA finals. I watched a couple of these games on tape, but the stats alone suggest you to be very wrong in your opinion.

1992 Finals, Scottie Pippen

21ppg/8rpg/8apg/1.5spg on 48.5% shooting from the field

Damn near a triple double. Same story in 1993, just with his FG% dipping to 44% meanwhile he avearaged a solid 2 steals and a block in addition to 21pts/9rbs/7.7apg

You are both overrating Gasol and SEVERELY underrating Pippen.

Gasol outperformed Kobe how, because he was more efficient from the field? Pau was GREAT during that series, he was Kobe's right hand man...but don't you forget who ultimately won that title for the team. Pau rebounded very very well and was great defensively, but so was Kobe.

Kobe literally averaged more rebounds per game than ANY other player in the series sans his bigman Pau. He also scored 29ppg for the Lakers, meanwhile Pau averaged 10 less than that.

In no way am I belittling Pau, but you are forcing my hand by so nonchalantly saying that Pau outperformed Kobe, that is such BS dude. Pau was great...Kobe was greater.

It's the other way around. As you said, you weren't around back then. You're overrating Pippen by a lot and severely underrating Gasol.

And Pau definitely did outperformed Kobe in the 2010 finals, which is why it was a travesty that Kobe won the fmvp.

Jordan never had a teammate lead him to a title the way Pau did to Kobe.

superduper
07-23-2019, 01:20 PM
It's the other way around. As you said, you weren't around back then. You're overrating Pippen by a lot and severely underrating Gasol.

And Pau definitely did outperformed Kobe in the 2010 finals, which is why it was a travesty that Kobe won the fmvp.

Why couldn't Gasol do this as the first option of the Lakers in the first round with Dwight/Nash as his 2nd and 3rd options? How many games did he win then? Were they missing a specific player in particular? Or did Gasol go 0-4 that year (0-16 in total as the first option in the first round) on pure coincidence and luck?

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 01:23 PM
Why couldn't Gasol do this as the first option of the Lakers in the first round with Dwight/Nash as his 2nd and 3rd options? How many games did he win then? Were they missing a specific player in particular? Or did Gasol go 0-4 that year (0-16 in total as the first option in the first round) on pure coincidence and luck?

Gasol was the one who took them to the playoffs because they beat the Spurs and Houston back to back after the chucker went down. Finding himself facing the Spurs, he certainly wasnt going to be good enough to beat them. The Heat lost in 5 and got dismantled the entire series.

Incidentally, we saw what happened with Shaq-less Kobe before Gasol arrived (0 playoff series wins in 3 years) and missing the playoffs altogether when Pau left

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 01:26 PM
Shouldn't that be the other way around....Pau had a 49 win team in 2006 that dipped to sub 30 wins in 2007, meanwhile Kobe carried starters Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Chris Mihm(2006)/Luke Walton(2007) to the playoffs.

No, it's not the other way around.

We saw it again when Gasol carried scrubs to the 2013 playoffs, while Kobe missed it.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 01:40 PM

I'm overrating Pippen? All I did was post his stats which show that he averaged a triple double...

Wouldn't I have to hype him up to overrate him? Rather than simply post his statistical performance in a series?

EDIT: ****! I keep mixing you up with 'elementally morale', yall have very similar avatars :oldlol: Had I known I would have never replied.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 01:45 PM
No, it's not the other way around.

We saw it again when Gasol carried scrubs to the 2013 playoffs, while Kobe missed it.

I wish I could @ that xian xou poster. Is this the intelligent conversation yall prefer rather than posting current articles and discussing them?

kings fan, I knew you started trolling a few years back but I didn't realize that was all you do. Anyways, now I know.

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 01:53 PM
I wish I could @ that xian xou poster. Is this the intelligent conversation yall prefer rather than posting current articles and discussing them?

kings fan, I knew you started trolling a few years back but I didn't realize that was all you do. Anyways, now I know.
If you don't wanna talk about stupid little things, then simply log off my fellow NBA fan. That, too...is an option.

You are on a message board for crying out loud. You share it along with your opinion...others reply. That's what this is, that is what you signed up for.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:05 PM
If you don't wanna talk about stupid little things, then simply log off my fellow NBA fan. That, too...is an option.

You are on a message board for crying out loud. You share it along with your opinion...others reply. That's what this is, that is what you signed up for.

The difference is I posted an article from a reputable source and simply was discussing that article (and changing my opinion due to another poster posting his opinion), meanwhile you're bullshitting about Pau's 13.7 in 42 games leading the Lakers to the playoffs in 2013.

That's a huge difference. But continue to do you man, just don't try to police what I post when you're running around here bullshitting.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 02:14 PM
I'm overrating Pippen? All I did was post his stats which show that he averaged a triple double...

Wouldn't I have to hype him up to overrate him? Rather than simply post his statistical performance in a series?

EDIT: ****! I keep mixing you up with 'elementally morale', yall have very similar avatars :oldlol: Had I known I would have never replied.

And a triple double average in one series doesn't make him a better 2nd option than Pippen was to Jordan. Pippen never came close to outplaying Jordan in the finals. Pau carried Kobe to the 2010 title.

Ah. Here we go. Had a meltdown. Stuck and can't reply and so as usual, resorting to ad-hominems. Not surprising from the biggest troll on the site.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2019, 02:15 PM

Go easy on him or he'll melt down again. Kobe is king. If you rebut that and show him that his idol stunk up the place in the biggest games, he rants and cries and details the thread. Throws in a bunch of insults before crying to the mods.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:30 PM
And a triple double average in one series doesn't make him a better 2nd option than Pippen was to Jordan. Pippen never came close to outplaying Jordan in the finals. Pau carried Kobe to the 2010 title.

Ah. Here we go. Had a meltdown. Stuck and can't reply and so as usual, resorting to ad-hominems. Not surprising from the biggest troll on the site.

Obviously I replied, you just replied TO MY REPLY :lol tf are you talking about

I went back to add that edit when I realized who you were. You're extremely predictable.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Go easy on him or he'll melt down again. Kobe is king. If you rebut that and show him that his idol stunk up the place in the biggest games, he rants and cries and details the thread. Throws in a bunch of insults before crying to the mods.

You do realize you are directly quoting me, right? big king's post are my words.

superduper
07-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Kobe haters have let their blind hatred for Kobe completely delude their minds.

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2019, 02:40 PM
Kobe haters have let their blind hatred for Kobe completely delude their minds.
Coming from the clown who says the Lakers are more stacked than the Durant Warriors :oldlol:

superduper
07-23-2019, 02:42 PM
Coming from the clown who says the Lakers are more stacked than the Durant Warriors :oldlol:

Each team has/had 4 allstars-

Bran > KD
AD > Draymond
Cousins > Klay
Cook < Curry

Where's the issue?

Vino24
07-23-2019, 02:50 PM

Bran > KD
AD > Draymond
Cousins > Klay
Cook < Curry

Where's the issue?
Is 35 year old LeBron still better than prime Durant? :eek:

superduper
07-23-2019, 02:54 PM

According to us LeTards LeGOAT is still best in the world and Durant has a ruptured achilles so yes:

Bran > KD
AD > Dray
Cousins > Klay

Bran stans right now-

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c47b3e27525cb8267869b302e9931b02/tenor.gif

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:54 PM

Bran > KD
AD > Draymond
Cousins > Klay
Cook < Curry

Where's the issue?

Where's the issue? Simple. You left out Cousins for the Warriors, and your rankings are very off.

Bran < KD
AD > Draymond
Any Lakers guard < Klay
Any Lakers guard < Curry
Cousins = Cousins

hmmm....yeah, give me the Warriors 10 times out of 10.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:56 PM

The way you Bran stans talk about him, you sure do make it seem that way....ffs, you guys think 35 year old Bron is better than AD right now in his prime.

ArbitraryWater
07-23-2019, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=LostCause]Pau was great for the Lakers but people absolutely do overrate him to hate on Kobe

I saw this thread on reddit recently
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/cfoc4n/without_kobe_bryant_the_20052005_lakers_had_an/

Showing how Kobe

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-23-2019, 03:47 PM
Err, LeBron has 7 seasons which absolutely shatter Kobe's 05/06 impact, ya darn retard :oldlol:

"Without Kobe Bryant, the 2005-2006 Lakers had an offensive rating of 92.4, equivalent to the 3rd worst offense in NBA history."

But go on. List the 7 seasons with more impact :oldlol:

superduper
07-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Err, LeBron has 7 seasons which absolutely shatter Kobe's 05/06 impact, ya darn retard :oldlol:

Which season was Bran's team #3 offense in the NBA with Bran and 3rd worst offense in history without Bran?

We'll wait.

'Toine=MVP
07-23-2019, 05:11 PM
I think Gasol is mentioned a lot more by Kobe stans than by Kobe haters. If neither side ever got to mention how good Gasol was again, it would be a big blow to the Kobe stans' argument because a big part of their argument that Kobe belongs at least in the conversation for top 10 of all time (if not higher by some extreme stans), is that Kobe won 2 rings as the clear best player. Well, that of course isn't going to fly with the Kobe haters or even the ones indifferent about Kobe.

This whole thing kind of reminds of how some Lebron stans like to show that image of the persons deciding between the stats or rings button, but that isn't how any serious person thinks about things.

So Kobe on balance is a top 15 player of all time, not top 10. That is not going to be altered based on how good you think Gasol was either in general or in those playoff runs. It doesn't improve the argument for Kobe's inclusion in the top 10 to claim Gasol wasn't very good. It just reminds people how desperate Kobe stans are.

CAstill
07-23-2019, 06:37 PM
Y'all Kobe haters are full of shit. Gasol can't hit clutch free throws or bring the ball up without being stripped. He can't control the tempo. Kobe was definitely the fmvp of both series and there's nothing you can say to change that. Gasol is good but he's also one of the main reasons we lost the 08 finals. He needed to toughen up just to check Garnett who was past his prime already.

superduper
07-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Y'all Kobe haters are full of shit. Gasol can't hit clutch free throws or bring the ball up without being stripped. He can't control the tempo. Kobe was definitely the fmvp of both series and there's nothing you can say to change that. Gasol is good but he's also one of the main reasons we lost the 08 finals. He needed to toughen up just to check Garnett who was past his prime already.

Kobe haters are legit driving themselves mental.

The insecurity in regards to their hero is at an all time high and to be frank it's quite alarming how it is making them react.

Just let it happen.

Manny98
07-23-2019, 06:49 PM
Which season was Bran's team #3 offense in the NBA with Bran and 3rd worst offense in history without Bran?

We'll wait.

superduper
07-23-2019, 06:51 PM

Proof

Manny98
07-23-2019, 06:55 PM
Copy and...

Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs

2006 - barely makes the playoffs and chokes a 3-1 lead in the 1st round

2007 - swept in the 1st round

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

https://i.postimg.cc/9MP6x9RT/photo.jpg

Guess who led the Lakers in both plus minus and win shares in both 09 and 10?

https://i.postimg.cc/N00VV5HV/Cma-U7-Py-WEAAao-IA.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/y8D8HYcJ/download-3.jpg

Gasol transformed a team from first round fodder into championship caliber if that is not superstar caliber i don't know what is

Let's not forget who closed out the Celtics in game 7

https://i.postimg.cc/pr6stdkw/ezgif-1-ae222d86ab.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/SR2WCf7P/Yellowish-Wealthy-Koodoo-size-restricted.gif

superduper
07-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Copy and...

Kobe pre Gasol

2005 - misses playoffs
[/LIST]
2006 - barely makes the playoffs and chokes a 3-1 lead in the 1st round

2007 - swept in the 1st round

Kobe with Gasol

2008 - finals

2009 - Championship

2010 - Championship

https://i.postimg.cc/9MP6x9RT/photo.jpg

Guess who led the Lakers in both plus minus and win shares in both 09 and 10?

https://i.postimg.cc/N00VV5HV/Cma-U7-Py-WEAAao-IA.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/y8D8HYcJ/download-3.jpg

Gasol transformed a team from first round fodder into championship caliber if that is not superstar caliber i don't know what is

Let's not forget who closed out the Celtics in game 7

https://i.postimg.cc/pr6stdkw/ezgif-1-ae222d86ab.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/SR2WCf7P/Yellowish-Wealthy-Koodoo-size-restricted.gif

Everytime you post this you're proving Kobe was the true FMVP because it's so obvious that you did not watch to be posting something as monumentally stupid as this. Keep it up bud!!

Keno
07-24-2019, 12:19 AM

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 02:57 AM
The way you Bran stans talk about him, you sure do make it seem that way....ffs, you guys think 35 year old Bron is better than AD right now in his prime.

He probably isn't. But he's still better than prime Kobe. A better scorer, a better rebounder, a better playmaker, a better shot blocker.

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 02:58 AM

Kobe was the main reason the lakers lost the 2008 finals. His poor shooting was the reason the really talented lakers got brushed aside by the same team that Lebron took to the final minute of game 7 (with scrubs).

305Baller
07-24-2019, 04:02 AM
Pau is a first ballot hall-of-famer retards!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

chains5000
07-24-2019, 04:17 AM

The 2007 Grizzlies starting five:

Chucky Atkins
Mike Miller
Rudy Gay (rookie)
Hakim Warrick (sophomore)
Gasol

with a bench of:

33 years old Damon Stoudamire
35 years old Eddie Jones (missed a million games)
Stromile Swift
Rookie Kyle Lowry (barely played)
Dhantay Jones
Brian Cardinal
Jake Tsakalidis

C'mon... what can you expect from this roster?

chains5000
07-24-2019, 04:25 AM
Gasol was a great player, on a tier just under the league superstars, and a great fit on those Lakers (his great court vision made up for Fisher being the PG). Anybody not realizing that is either a troll or didn't watch him play in his prime years.
The Memphis rosters he got to the playoffs overachieved, no wonder they always got swept.

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 04:29 AM
Gasol was a great player, on a tier just under the league superstars, and a great fit on those Lakers (his great court vision made up for Fisher being the PG). Anybody not realizing that is either a troll or didn't watch him play in his prime years.
The Memphis rosters he got to the playoffs overachieved, no wonder they always got swept.

He was a tremendous player, and the role he played on that Lakers team can't be overstated. He took them from a team that didnt have a hope of winning a playoff series to perennial contenders overnight.

305Baller
07-24-2019, 04:31 AM

He was a superstar and Top 10 player in his prime.

chains5000
07-24-2019, 04:50 AM
[QUOTE=305Baller]He was a superstar and Top 10 player in his prime.

Duncan21formvp
07-25-2019, 05:17 PM
Gasol led the team in win shares.

The Iron Fist
07-25-2019, 06:42 PM
So why didn

The Iron Fist
07-25-2019, 06:43 PM
Everytime you post this you're proving Kobe was the true FMVP because it's so obvious that you did not watch to be posting something as monumentally stupid as this. Keep it up bud!!
I

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-26-2019, 05:28 AM

Pau was the 2nd option while Bosh was the 3rd and Pau was playing with a star creator that actually could optimize his big men play specially in the post

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=The Iron Fist]So why didn

GoSpursGo1984
07-26-2019, 08:10 AM
the guy who was snubbed hardcore for 2010 FMVP cant be overrated
Right the guy who had two games where he scored 12 and 13 points is the Finals MVP. If you watched the series it was obvious Kobe was the most valuable player. What games did Gasol put the Lakers on his back and win the game for them?

chains5000
07-26-2019, 08:13 AM
Pau is a first ballot hall-of-famer retards!!!!!

HAHAHAHA
Anybody who can't understand this is a retard (or a troll).

Doranku
07-26-2019, 08:34 AM

Who led the team in win shares in the '01 playoffs

FireDavidKahn
07-26-2019, 08:42 AM
Jesus christ.

Using solely points and rebounds to judge how good a player is. :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 09:01 AM
Right the guy who had two games where he scored 12 and 13 points is the Finals MVP. If you watched the series it was obvious Kobe was the most valuable player. What games did Gasol put the Lakers on his back and win the game for them?

I watched it, and it was obvious to me that Gasol deserved it.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 09:22 AM
The 2007 Grizzlies starting five:

Chucky Atkins
Mike Miller
Rudy Gay (rookie)
Hakim Warrick (sophomore)
Gasol

with a bench of:

33 years old Damon Stoudamire
35 years old Eddie Jones (missed a million games)
Stromile Swift
Rookie Kyle Lowry (barely played)
Dhantay Jones
Brian Cardinal
Jake Tsakalidis

C'mon... what can you expect from this roster?

That wasn't a shot at Pau, it was more to show how good Kobe was to be able to bring his Lakers to the playoffs in 06 and 07.

As bad as you try to say that group of players looks, Kobe's cast of players in 06 and 07 were worse.

MIND YOU, that Grizzlies team is almost identical to the Griz team that won 49 games in 2006. In that offseason, they traded Battier for Gay and Bobby Jackson left..that's about as big as the changes got.

Damon Stoudemire only played 27 games in 2006 and was healthy 2007, meanwhile Eddie Jones played 75 games in 2006 and then was WAIVED in 2007. I don't know if he was injured, but he signed with the Heat that same season and played 35 games for them...so it's not like he was out for the season. He played 64/82 games.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 09:23 AM

For a fact, I just think it's blatantly obvious that Kobe was the true FMVP...that's my main argument in this entire thread.

Which is a thread full of trolls, btw.

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 09:56 AM
For a fact, I just think it's blatantly obvious that Kobe was the true FMVP...that's my main argument in this entire thread.

Which is a thread full of trolls, btw.

Ofcourse you would. You're a Kobe fanboy. Interesting comment about trolls,when you're one of the biggest trolls on the forum.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Ofcourse you would. You're a Kobe fanboy. Interesting comment about trolls,when you're one of the biggest trolls on the forum.

You seem to be the only one that thinks that :oldlol:

Yea I'm a Kobe fan, doesn't take a fan to realize he was painfully obviously the better player.

Anyways, carry on Mr. Feeny. Enjoy watching your boy get my team buckets this upcoming year :cheers:

superduper
07-26-2019, 10:48 AM
Reminder-

Gasol is 0-16 in the first round of the playoffs as the first option.

Thank you.

Manny98
07-26-2019, 10:59 AM
Reminder-

Thank you.
At least he was getting his team to the playoffs as the 1st option :applause:

Can't say the same for Kyrie & Love :roll:

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 11:02 AM
You seem to be the only one that thinks that :oldlol:

Yea I'm a Kobe fan, doesn't take a fan to realize he was painfully obviously the better player.

Anyways, carry on Mr. Feeny. Enjoy watching your boy get my team buckets this upcoming year :cheers:

Deluded or being deliberately dumb? Go ahead and read this or any thread about the 2010 finals. It doesn't take a fan to see that Gasol was miles better.
What teams? Great for the Lakers. Time to see Lebron ascend to the 2nd spot all time:applause:

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 11:04 AM
Reminder-

Thank you.

And he still carried Lakers to the 2010 title

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:04 AM

Love would have made the playoffs that year in Minny if he was in the East like Bran.

Otoh, Bran has yet to make the playoffs in the West :rockon:

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:05 AM
And he still carried Lakers to the 2010 title

By that logic Kobe carried Lakers to the '01 title over Shaq.

Thanks friend!!

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 11:06 AM
Love would have made the playoffs that year in Minny if he was in the East like Bran.

Otoh, Bran has yet to make the playoffs in the West :rockon:

He has only played 1 season. Kobe failed to win a single playoff series between Shaq leaving and Gasol joining him. The difference is that Kobe was dead smack in the middle of his prime.

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 11:07 AM
By that logic Kobe carried Lakers to the '01 title over Shaq.

Thanks friend!!

Was Kobe cleaning Shaq's bricks in the 2001 finals or was it the other way around?:lol

kentatm
07-26-2019, 11:07 AM
Pau was great for the Lakers but people absolutely do overrate him to hate on Kobe

:rolleyes: :lol

False. Kobestans have always underrated and blamed Gasol for anything negative in order to overrate and protect Kobe from any and all criticism.

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:08 AM
He has only played 1 season. Kobe failed to win a single playoff series between Shaq leaving and Gasol joining him. The difference is that Kobe was dead smack in the middle of his prime.

Smush
Kwame
Vujacic
Farmar
Radmanovic
Mihm
Walton
Fisher

None of the above mentioned players would even be Bran's 15th man let alone options 2-9.

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Smush
Kwame
Vujacic
Farmar
Radmanovic
Mihm
Walton
Fisher

None of the above mentioned players would even be Bran's 15th man let alone options 2-9.

Where on earth is Odom? He was better than anyone Lebron had this year.
Where is Caron Butler?

Vino24
07-26-2019, 11:09 AM
Kobestains think Gasol was washed up by 2012 :oldlol:

jayfan
07-26-2019, 11:18 AM

Or most recently, Lebron.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 11:25 AM
Deluded or being deliberately dumb? Go ahead and read this or any thread about the 2010 finals. It doesn't take a fan to see that Gasol was miles better.
What teams? Great for the Lakers. Time to see Lebron ascend to the 2nd spot all time:applause:

I don't think 1 championship would bring him up to the 2nd spot all time for the Lakers, when you have guys like Shaq, Magic, and Kareem who brought multiple championships to the Lakers.

I can for sure LeBron ending up as one of the top 7 best Lakers to ever play the game though.

RRR3
07-26-2019, 11:27 AM
I don't think 1 championship would bring him up to the 2nd spot all time for the Lakers, when you have guys like Shaq, Magic, and Kareem who brought multiple championships to the Lakers.

I can for sure LeBron ending up as one of the top 7 best Lakers to ever play the game though.
He meant 2nd on the GOAT list.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 11:31 AM
He meant 2nd on the GOAT list.

GL with that. That narrative has died after the clouding of judgement in 2016.

RRR3
07-26-2019, 11:32 AM
Not really.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Not really.

Really doe.

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:53 AM
Very good player don't get me wrong but Kobe haters are doing Gasol no favors by over-rating the shit out of him.

Mr Feeny
07-26-2019, 05:23 PM

Nah. He's entrenched in the 3rd spot all time, about 10 spots above your hero Kobe. If he wins a title here, he knocks Kareem off and sits directly behind MJ.

90sgoat
07-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Smush
Kwame
Vujacic
Farmar
Radmanovic
Mihm
Walton
Fisher

Wow that team would struggle in the d-league.:roll:

PickernRoller
07-26-2019, 08:48 PM
We back? Ohh boy..... tears will flow.