PDA

View Full Version : KCP, why pay him 8 mil/year?

tamaraw08
07-23-2019, 11:03 AM
Can somebody explain to me the true value of KCP for the Lakers, why he is getting 16 Mil/2 years contract bec I find him not having a true purpose for this team or any team.
1. Shooting. Lebron and Ball goes down Christmas, When the Lakers NEEDED HIM MOST, he shoots a spectacular 31% FOR Jan AND FEB. :facepalm 2 years ago, Before Lebron got here, Lakers lost a bunch of players bec of injuries too in December and he shot a whopping 29%. He is great though as soon as the Lakers get eliminated, improving his shot like 3-5% better. Rajon Rondo actually shoot better than him from the 3pt line overall as he only shot 34.7% for the year.
2. Defense. He is TIED for 17th in DRTG for the team, only Mikhailuk and Machado were WORST in the 22 man recorded roster. If you find that DRTG may be misleading?
he ranked 18th in DBPM with a -1.2, :( still not convinced.
ok, ESPN DRPM, He ranked 95th worst among SGs out of 107 recorded players playing that position.
3. Playmaking or Setting up the offense. KCP was never a PG, he averaged 1.3 assists ranked 10TH in his team, career ave of 1.6 APG, RANKED 11TH in USG% But hey, he does great in training camp, then ok play him more minutes but I would also put him in a short leash based on what happened last 2 seasons IMO.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 11:23 AM
IDK what the hell is up with the Lakers infatuation with KCP, but it is ridiculous. I liked him the first year he was on the team, but at this point I don't get it. Some say this is a way to legally pay Rich Paul, give KCP big contracts so that Rich's % cut is bigger. It would make sense but idk, it wouldn't surprise me that's for sure.

2017 - $17.7m
2018 - $12.0m
2019 - $8.1m
2020 - $8.5m (player option)

So basically, we gave KCP a 4 year contract worth $46.3m

In the modern NBA world, that's not so bad. At least we keep signing him short term, I can live with him on the team. Although as you have accurately pointed out, he was shit last season. Hopefully he can turn it around.

superduper
07-23-2019, 11:26 AM
KCP will absolutely explode this year.

He has never had a leader like Anthony Davis before :rockon: