PDA

View Full Version : Magic Johnson ALLEGEDLY the reason Kawhi rejected LAL

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 11:37 AM
Plenty worked in the Clippers' favor during free agency, but Magic Johnson's decision to go public with the information that he spoke to Kawhi about the Lakers reportedly eliminated the Lakers from contention.

Per Buha and Amick, Leonard and his uncle, Dennis Robertson, made it clear throughout free agency that they valued discretion.

A person involved in Kawhi's free-agent process believes Johnson speaking out played a role in Leonard deciding against signing with the Lakers: "I truly believe that when Magic started telling the media about the meeting he had with Kawhi and Dennis, that sealed the fate of the Lakers. I think that right there was when Dennis and Kawhi decided we can't trust the Lakers as an organization. And that was it. I think that was it for them."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846706-explosive-rumors-on-kawhis-free-agency-with-harden-beal-trade-clippers-lakers

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks Magic :hammerhead:

I don't believe this was the SOLE REASON he decided not to join (obviously), but I definitely believe it is what put the nail in the coffin. Had Magic not spoke out, maybe Kawhi would not have waited so damn long and might have actually signed with the Lakers believing that the Clips could not bring him a running mate.

At the end of the day, it is what it is but it's bitter sweet to read this article. Bitter obviously why, but sweet because it reassures us once again that Magic was indeed the problem in the front office and that we are better off with Pelinka in charge.

Say whatever you want about Pelinka, he at the bare minimum knows how to keep his mouth shut.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 11:37 AM
shitshow

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 11:43 AM
shitshow

Yes, Magic is. An independent party with no legal affiliation to an NBA team is indeed a shitshow.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 11:44 AM
Better than your ****boi team :oldlol:

keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night

RealSkipBayless
07-23-2019, 11:47 AM
keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep at night
Setting yourself up for disappointment. You know another 2nd round exit is coming.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Setting yourself up for disappointment. You know another 2nd round exit is coming.

might be but it won't be the Lakers. Clippers or Denver you know good teams not just a couple superstars

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 11:49 AM
might be but it won't be the Lakers. Clippers or Denver you know good teams not just a couple superstars

Hey man, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Keep up with your obsession, tho.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 11:53 AM
Hey man, whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Keep up with your obsession, tho.

I sleep fine. It's only basketball. The Lakers certainly are the least of my concerns. Relying on an aging superstar coming off his first significant injury and a so called superstar who has never carried a team anywhere and has always missed games. The supporting cast is certainly not inspiring especially their center duo

Shogon
07-23-2019, 11:58 AM
The story is bullshit and simple levels of thinking will tell you as much...

Multiple reports surfaced prior to this one stating that Kawhi was targeting the Clippers from the beginning and that he had reached out to Kevin Durant, Paul George and possibly others to team up before free agency even started... which would have been impossible on the Lakers.

This is just someone creating a false narrative to stir shit up for whatever unknown reason...

All that aside, we all know Magic is a moron and a **** up so whatever.

pegasus
07-23-2019, 12:02 PM
Leonard wanted to sign with the Clippers from the beginning. The only reason it took so long was because he wanted another player to join him, so the Clippers had to make a deal for PG. Had that trade not happened, Leonard could have signed with someone else, but that does not change the fact that the Clippers was his number one choice all along.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:04 PM
I sleep fine. It's only basketball. The Lakers certainly are the least of my concerns. Relying on an aging superstar coming off his first significant injury and a so called superstar who has never carried a team anywhere and has always missed games. The supporting cast is certainly not inspiring especially their center duo

Oh are they? :lol

You seem to be posting about the Lakers quite a bit lately, you sure they are not on your mind? Some very strong feelings about them too, I'd say you do care. Quite a bit.

Maybe you're one of those fans whose joy comes from hating on the Lakers? To each his own, seems miserable to me personally.

warriorfan
07-23-2019, 12:09 PM
They probably deep down don

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:16 PM
The story is bullshit and simple levels of thinking will tell you as much...

Multiple reports surfaced prior to this one stating that Kawhi was targeting the Clippers from the beginning and that he had reached out to Kevin Durant, Paul George and possibly others to team up before free agency even started... which would have been impossible on the Lakers.

This is just someone creating a false narrative to stir shit up for whatever unknown reason...

All that aside, we all know Magic is a moron and a **** up so whatever.

I don't wanna speak for you, but I believe you're misinterpreting this story.

It doesn't say in the article that the Lakers were his first choice and this is what led him to cutting them out of the picture. Rather, any idea he had of potentially joining the Lakers, whether it was a high chance or low chance (no one knows...it's Kawhi, he's not gonna talk us through it lol) were wiped away after Magic came out to reporters about his talk with Kawhi.

That is what the article reports, not my personal opinion, I'm directly quoting them.

I agree that the Clips were his 1st choice (purely looking at it from hindsight...I don't think anyone can say 100% what his plan was, it's ALL ultimately speculation since Kawhi has not disclosed shit), but surely he wouldn't have reached out to Magic had it not been for SOME KIND of interest in joining the Lakers.

At the end of the day, it is irrelevant seeing as he is part of the Clippers. That is that and there is nothing more to it.

It does, however, solidify that Magic is a jackass. Ik we knew that, but any chance I get to shed light on Magic's dumbass after last seasons disaster, you best believe Ima share that. Those trade deadline leaks absolutely killed this team.

RealSkipBayless
07-23-2019, 12:17 PM

You seem to be posting about the Lakers quite a bit lately, you sure they are not on your mind? Some very strong feelings about them too, I'd say you do care. Quite a bit.

Maybe you're one of those fans whose joy comes from hating on the Lakers? To each his own, seems miserable to me personally.
Nuggets/Clippers/Jazz fans.. all they talk about is Lakers

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:19 PM
I agree that the Clips were his 1st choice (purely looking at it from hindsight...I don't think anyone can say 100% what his plan was, it's ALL ultimately speculation since Kawhi has not disclosed shit), but surely he wouldn't have reached out to Magic had it not been for SOME KIND of interest in joining the Lakers.

Having reread my post and particularly the bold...this story could very well be BS and just be offseason chit chat.

Magic's still a dumbass tho, he knows Kawhi values privacy and discretion above all.

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Stop believing everything, this is how the NBA tries to remain relevant this offseason.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Stop believing everything, this is how the NBA tries to remain relevant this offseason.

Read the post literally right above yours, sweetheart.

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 12:27 PM
Read the post literally right above yours, sweetheart.
Now apply it before making topics altogether.

jayfan
07-23-2019, 12:38 PM

As for Clippers, they have an excuse. Lakers are the big brother nemesis. The direct competition. Of course they have Lakers on the brain. Always have. Can't blame their fans now that they finally see a chance to overcome.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:43 PM
Now apply it before making topics altogether.

Nah, no thanks.

Is there something you'd rather discuss? Feel free to discuss anything you'd like elsewhere, because who gives a **** other than you. It's a forum and you post. You discuss and form ideas and come to new realizations.

That's what this is. This is what you signed up for.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 12:46 PM

Nah man, you can't shit on an entire fan base just because of a few assholes.

Some people are just angry human beings, and they release their anger through hating sports teams/players. As annoying as it can be, it's a lot healthier than some of the alternative ways they can release their anger.

Of course, you and I (and anyone else) have the right to call them out on their BS. But it helps to ignore them once you understand where the hatred is coming from, you realize they are a lost cause.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 01:04 PM

most threads here are about the Lakers or Lebron. Who else am I going to talk about?:confusedshrug:

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 01:06 PM
most threads here are about the Lakers on Lebron. Who else am I going to talk about?:confusedshrug:

Touche :lol

There is always the option of starting a new thread yourself, thus talking about a different topic.

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 01:11 PM
Touche :lol

There is always the option of starting a new thread yourself, thus talking about a different topic.

yeah I could but than I'd be just as bad as the rest of the idiots that make a topic about every stupid little thing

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 01:34 PM
yeah I could but than I'd be just as bad as the rest of the idiots that make a topic about every stupid little thing

It's a forum dude. You post about whatever you want and have a discussion. And I realize this is a shot at me, but regardless.

What's the alternative? Like we mentioned, it's the offseason...what the **** would you like to talk about :oldlol: If this is such a dumb topic, can YOU bring anything intelligent to the table?

If you don't wanna talk about stupid little things, then simply log off my fellow NBA fan. That, too...is an option.

That has to be the dumbest argument you and kingsfan have brought up. You guys are on a message board for crying out loud :oldlol: You find an article, you share it along with your opinion...others reply. That's what this is, that is what you signed up for. You personally have invested 25k posts worth of opinions that other may very well perceive as "stupid little comments".

RealSkipBayless
07-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Nah man, you can't shit on an entire fan base just because of a few assholes.

Some people are just angry human beings, and they release their anger through hating sports teams/players. As annoying as it can be, it's a lot healthier than some of the alternative ways they can release their anger.

Of course, you and I (and anyone else) have the right to call them out on their BS. But it helps to ignore them once you understand where the hatred is coming from, you realize they are a lost cause.
Oh I know. Was just talking about the fans of those teams on this board.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Look at all the LeBron threads at the top of this forum, why aren't Xiao Xion and bigkingsfan criticizing the OP's of those threads? Hell, yall are over there playing along ffs :oldlol:

Hypocrites

scm5
07-23-2019, 03:47 PM
I believe SAS said something about how Kawhi was making unrealistic demands from the Raptors and Lakers including demands for guaranteed sponsorships (violation of CBA) which is why Kawhi's camp was telling teams to be quiet about negotiations.

He went on to mention that the Lakers and Raptors are complaining about their negotiation tactics and wondering what the Clippers had to promise him to get him to sign.

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-stephen-a-claims-kawhi-leonard-s-uncle-dennis-violated-nba-cba-with-free-agency-requests-01dgdjqfqdj9

In the end, I'm happy with the result, even as a Laker fan.

I think Kawhi going to the Clippers will make the season much more interesting. I kind of wish the Lakers had Kawhi instead of Lebron, but I'm also sure we wouldn't have AD without Lebron. I am happy with the way things turned out.

I am leaning away from being a Laker fan and more of a fan of the players.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 04:48 PM

This post is so funny now that I found your jazz forum :roll:

1000's of posts to yourself

red1
07-23-2019, 04:57 PM
kawhi is a lowkey guy and the lakers are the most drama filled clown show in the league. was probably more than just magic mostly lecircus tbh but I'm sure magic rob and little jeanie's annoying asses don't help.

tbh I would be disgusted by the front office and the ownership if I was a lakers fan. truly a despicable bunch.

bladefd
07-23-2019, 07:06 PM
Whatever.. Kawhi chose Clippers, and now we have to beat his ass down. They are not a superteam, and they are certainly beatable. We have the pieces to beat them, especially down in the post. We can tear them apart in the post. Lets focus on that.

Bring it on, Clippers. Give us your absolute best shot. We are ready & waiting. :pimp:

superduper
07-23-2019, 07:18 PM
Whatever.. Kawhi chose Clippers, and now we have to beat his ass down. They are not a superteam, and they are certainly beatable. We have the pieces to beat them, especially down in the post. We can tear them apart in the post. Lets focus on that.

Bring it on, Clippers. Give us your absolute best shot. We are ready & waiting. :pimp:

Lol PG and Kawhi would destroy AD/Cousins.

Bev can handle Bran 1v1.

Spurs m8
07-23-2019, 07:50 PM
As I said a year ago....as soon as LeRoid signed with the Lakers, Kawhi was always going to the Clippers.

It was always happening

stalkerforlife
07-23-2019, 09:00 PM
Jazz will be a real team.

No super team BS.

Great ball movement and defense.

Top tier basketball.

Look forward to it.

AirTupac
07-23-2019, 09:07 PM
"Kawhi apparently never wanted to join a Super Team but Magic ruined the Lakers chances at him? Which one is it? Whole lot of contradictory reporting in that piece today."

coin24
07-23-2019, 09:56 PM
Magic is a sore loser and a compulsive liar. Flip flops all the time, good riddance.
Thick knob rob steering us in the right direction :rockon:

It was pretty obvious anyway that kawhi didn't want to play with bran. Lakers did a better job loading up with shooters and depth

bladefd
07-23-2019, 09:57 PM
Lol PG and Kawhi would destroy AD/Cousins.

Bev can handle Bran 1v1.

PG/Kawhi are pf/c? Bev plays the 3? News to me

Xiao Yao You
07-23-2019, 10:18 PM
Look at all the LeBron threads at the top of this forum, why aren't Xiao Xion and bigkingsfan criticizing the OP's of those threads? Hell, yall are over there playing along ffs :oldlol:

Hypocrites

Don't think I mentioned any names. :confusedshrug:

hold this L
07-24-2019, 12:22 AM
Everything about this sounds complete bullshit, but it's not a wonder Laker fans eat it up. Good old ego check. He never wanted to sign with the Lakers, this is just them saving face where the leaks are coming out from hacky reporters on the "truth".

kurple
07-24-2019, 06:32 AM
Yes, Magic is. An independent party with no legal affiliation to an NBA team is indeed a shitshow.
Bro, kawhi oves LA but he doesnt like the Lakers