PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron still the best player in the NBA?

Vino24
07-23-2019, 02:57 PM
I saw in another thread when comparing rosters people said LeBron is better than KD. Let’s get to the bottom of this

Prometheus
07-23-2019, 02:58 PM
No. He hasn't been the best player for three whole years now.

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 02:58 PM
@Xiao

@bigkingsfan

Where yall at?

AirTupac
07-23-2019, 03:00 PM
@Xiao

@bigkingsfan

Where yall at?

Why are you tagging 2 of ISH's biggest retards? These guys act like they are serious posters but they actually have by far the dumbest serious takes on this board. Cringy...as....fvck

superduper
07-23-2019, 03:02 PM
According to us LeTards, yes.

Unless we're moving goalposts for some reason :eek:

Vino24
07-23-2019, 03:07 PM
LeGoat :bowdown:

Celtics 1825
07-23-2019, 03:08 PM
Imo 2016 was the last year he could truly be considered the best player in the league

superduper
07-23-2019, 03:09 PM
LeGoat :bowdown:

Thread backfire

SouBeachTalents
07-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Imo 2016 was the last year he could truly be considered the best player in the league
:biggums: How could he not, at minimum, be in consideration as best player in the league in 2018

Vino24
07-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Thread backfire
Was MJ the best player in the league for his 17th season?

superduper
07-23-2019, 03:11 PM
:biggums: How could he not, at minimum, be in consideration as best player in the league in 2018

King James was definitely the best player that year :rockon:

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 03:11 PM
Why are you tagging 2 of ISH's biggest retards? These guys act like they are serious posters but they actually have by far the dumbest serious takes on this board. Cringy...as....fvck

Nah, they like to call out people for "stupid threads" so I'm just wondering where they at. Maybe they turned on notifications for when I make a thread :lol

It's tough being popular bro, how have you been able to handle it so far?

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 03:12 PM

Well, it's pretty obvious man.

You have to be one of the best players in order to be in consideration.

Celtics 1825
07-23-2019, 03:20 PM
I didn't say he wasn't in the running for best player in 2018 (he certainly was), I'm just saying 2016 is probably the last time where he was the clear cut best in the league.

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 03:38 PM
@Xiao

@bigkingsfan

Where yall at?
I'm here.

Don't see what the big deal it, Lebron winning MVP wouldn't be a stretch.

Giannis Antetokounmpo +300
Stephen Curry +500
James Harden +700
Kawhi Leonard +800
LeBron James +900

Bosnian Sajo
07-23-2019, 03:40 PM
I'm here.

Don't see what the big deal it, Lebron winning MVP wouldn't be a stretch.

Giannis Antetokounmpo +300
Stephen Curry +500
James Harden +700
Kawhi Leonard +800
LeBron James +900

Yea. This also hasn't been discussed in 49 other threads in the past 2 weeks alone.

Original, good content. Nice!

bigkingsfan
07-23-2019, 03:45 PM
Yea. This also hasn't been discussed in 49 other threads in the past 2 weeks alone.

Original, good content. Nice!
Kawhi was the most talked about topic this summer...

We could always use more Lebron to even it out.

Manny98
07-23-2019, 06:27 PM
Easily the best

Bronbron23
07-23-2019, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]I saw in another thread when comparing rosters people said LeBron is better than KD. Let

superduper
07-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Easily the best

Boom.

Hence the premise in my other thread (which is the reason OP started this thread) grows even stronger.

Bran > KD
AD > Dray
Cousins > Klay
Cook < Curry

Checkmate OP.

Manny98
07-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Kd is coming off a Achilles and will be a shell of himself so yes LeBron is definitely better. LeBron is in decline but still probably the best player in the league. The only other player that have an argument is kawhi.
Kawhi isn't shit compared to LeBron

He can't facilitate and run the entire offense like LeBron

He can't carry a team like LeBron

Kawhi is overrated af tbh

Bronbron23
07-23-2019, 08:31 PM
Kawhi isn't shit compared to LeBron

He can't facilitate and run the entire offense like LeBron

He can't carry a team like LeBron

Kawhi is overrated af tbh
If you were talking about LeBron in his prime then I'd agree but we're not. This version of LeBron has lost his first step on offence and plays absolutely no defence. Kawhi is just as good as LeBron as far as scoring goes and he is way better on the defensive side of the ball. LeBron is the better passer but that is the only advantage he has over kawhi at this point in his career.

superduper
07-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Lol this version of Kawhi would rip Bran a new one. Bran NEVER faced prime Kawhi in the playoffs, just baby Kawhi. Completely different animal now. Kawhi is an excellent creator as well. You don't need to drive and kick every single play to be a good passer.

Spurs m8
07-23-2019, 10:32 PM
Lol Roidhead couldn't even make the playoffs in a real conference

Manny98
07-24-2019, 02:42 AM
Boom.

Hence the premise in my other thread (which is the reason OP started this thread) grows even stronger.

Bran > KD
AD > Dray
Cousins > Klay
Cook < Curry

Checkmate OP.
In what world is Cousins better than Klay Thompson retard

Manny98
07-24-2019, 02:47 AM
If you were talking about LeBron in his prime then I'd agree but we're not. This version of LeBron has lost his first step on offence and plays absolutely no defence. Kawhi is just as good as LeBron as far as scoring goes and he is way better on the defensive side of the ball. LeBron is the better passer but that is the only advantage he has over kawhi at this point in his career.
If you think that LeBron doesn't play defense anymore then it's clear you don't watch basketball

Scoring they're about equal Kawhi benefited heavily from the 5 out spacing he had in Toronto, he won't have that on the Clippers

Passing ,playmaking and overall basketball IQ LeBron is on a completely different dimension to Kawhi that's what separates them

Spurs m8
07-24-2019, 02:50 AM
If you think that LeBron doesn't play defense anymore then it's clear you don't watch basketball

Scoring they're about equal Kawhi benefited heavily from the 5 out spacing he had in Toronto, he won't have that on the Clippers

Passing ,playmaking and overall basketball IQ LeBron is on a completely different dimension to Kawhi that's what separates them

Hahahhahahhahahha

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Hahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahauauauuaua ua

Spurs m8
07-24-2019, 02:51 AM
Hahahahahhahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahh ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

Manny98
07-24-2019, 02:54 AM
Lol this version of Kawhi would rip Bran a new one. Bran NEVER faced prime Kawhi in the playoffs, just baby Kawhi. Completely different animal now. Kawhi is an excellent creator as well. You don't need to drive and kick every single play to be a good passer.
Kawhi is a awful playmaker.

Below average court vision, struggles to pass out of doubles ect.

Even his defense is overrated he's not the defender he was in San Antonio people act like he still is, his defense dropped off ever since he became a high volume scorer

Gileraracer
07-24-2019, 05:32 AM
Even if you ignore his horrible defense and stat padding it is hard to find argue for that.

superduper
07-24-2019, 06:26 AM

Even his defense is overrated he's not the defender he was in San Antonio people act like he still is, his defense dropped off ever since he became a high volume scorer

So either you didn't watch or have absolutely zero idea what you're talking about.

Kawhi's impact on the overall team on just the defensive side of the floor was honestly something I have never seen before. I am not even making that up. Granted I didn't watch Jordan/Pippen days but when Kawhi was on the floor our defense was something else completely. I would anticipate us to make huge defensive plays and it would happen every time we needed it when Kawhi was on the floor. He elevated everybody on that end.

This Kawhi is MUCH better than baby Kawhi in every single way possible. And Kawhi is by no means an awful playmaker. He got more turnovers than he should but 80% of them were on ball. There were a few games where I honestly did not want him handling the ball because he was fumbling it every single time and losing it, not because of lack of skill but it looked like those particular games he was just off, he just looked off. I almost never saw a pass of his getting stolen and he made very good and very timely passes exactly when needed. You are literally just going off numbers alone, $tats only take you so far baby boy.

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 06:44 AM

His playmaking has been much better than it was years ago. He certainly didnt struggle to pass out of double teams in the playoffs this year. His defense is still great. You might call it overrated because your agenda is to prop up Lebron in comparison but Kawhi's defense is about 5 levels above Lebron's at the moment.

Manny98
07-24-2019, 07:45 AM
We will see next year when Kawhi isn't surrounded by multiple all NBA defenders, stretch 5s and a cast so stacked that they went 17-5 without him how much Kawhi is inferior to LeBron

Kawhit about to get exposed for the overrated fraud that he is :applause:

Manny98
07-24-2019, 07:46 AM
His playmaking has been much better than it was years ago. He certainly didnt struggle to pass out of double teams in the playoffs this year. His defense is still great. You might call it overrated because your agenda is to prop up Lebron in comparison but Kawhi's defense is about 5 levels above Lebron's at the moment.
And LeBrons playmaking is about 50 levels above Kawhis :oldlol:

Phoenix
07-24-2019, 07:49 AM
I didn't say he wasn't in the running for best player in 2018 (he certainly was), I'm just saying 2016 is probably the last time where he was the clear cut best in the league.

Even then, it was because of how the finals shook out. By the time we got to the playoffs the conversation had shifted to Curry.

Bronbron23
07-24-2019, 08:24 AM

Actually I watch alot of basketball and almost all of LeBron's games. Everyone other than you knows he dosnt really play defence anymore. Even his biggest Stan's like Shannon sharp and Nick wright admit this. He may try hard in small spurts but he didn't consistently play good defence anymore.

As far as basketball iq goes I'm not quite sure. It's actually pretty close. LeBron is a better playmaker yeah but kawhi is way better off ball. He dosnt need to hold the ball to be effective. Personally I think it's more intelligent to learn to play within a system. Either way there both very high iq players and it's very close. Again skill wise LeBron is only better at passing and finishing. Kawhi is as good or better in every other aspect of the game. He's as good of a ball handler, rebounder and scorer. He's a way better defender. He's better in the post, mid-range, three and foul shooting. He's a better mover off ball.

It doesn't matter wether you use chips, stats or eye test, there's very little argument for LeBron over kawhi right now. Arguing there peaks or overall career is a different story.

Manny98
07-24-2019, 09:42 AM
Le me get this straight...

LeBron has a higher ppg than Kawhi and is more efficient but Kawhi is somehow the better scorer :oldlol:

This video completely destroys the "LeBron doesn't play defense" narrative so i have nothing more to say about that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hsxlu7nYdhU

LeBron is a superior ball handler

100x better playmaker

Better scorer

Better help defender

Better basketball IQ

More clutch

Kingwillball
07-24-2019, 09:57 AM
No. He hasn't been the best player for three whole years now.

Huh pretty sure his last year in clev was one of best playoff runs ever that was in last 2 years..wake the f&ck up !

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 10:13 AM
And LeBrons playmaking is about 50 levels above Kawhis :oldlol:

It isnt.

Kingwillball
07-24-2019, 10:17 AM
It isnt.

It

Mr Feeny
07-24-2019, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=Kingwillball]It

StrongLurk
07-24-2019, 11:23 AM
There is no clear cut best player in the league right now.

Lebron and KD were best in 2018.

However in 2019 Lebron took a small step back, KD was most likely the best...but then James Harden had probably the best statistical scoring season ever (per 100 possessions) along with getting 7 rebound/8 assists a game...and put up like 35/6/6 against the Warriors in the playoffs.

Kawhi also showed he is a great two way player and we still aren't even getting to Curry's insane impact that doesn't always show up in the box score.

With KD out and Lebron getting older...there isn't any player who is clearly the best.

PP34Deuce
07-24-2019, 02:35 PM
Nope.

The best should be able to sustain over a season, not just playoffs.

Lebron at this stage is top 7. But honestly each guy who's considered better has astericks to health which makes it tough to gauge.

I do think in a 7 game series, Lebron is still better than Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Paul George....

Only KD and Kawhi really have the case.

stalkerforlife
07-24-2019, 02:39 PM
LMAO @ equating assists with playmaking.

When will the elementary analysis stop?

Kawhi is an elite playmaker and makes his teammates better just with his presence.

paksat
07-24-2019, 02:40 PM

might as well tag manny0000098 while he's at it

Manny98
07-24-2019, 05:44 PM
Kawhi is an elite playmaker and makes his teammates better just with his presence.
Kawhi has tunnel vision :roll:

Kiddlovesnets
07-24-2019, 05:45 PM
Nope of course not, Durant has been the best player in NBA for the last two seasons. With him going down due to serious injury, it is now Kawhi's time as the best NBA player.

Kingwillball
07-24-2019, 05:59 PM
When Kawhi outplays Lebron head to head in series get back to me.. even in mvp (bs) in finals Lebron easily outplayed him the spurs were just better team.

Mr Feeny
07-25-2019, 03:27 AM
When Kawhi outplays Lebron head to head in series get back to me.. even in mvp (bs) in finals Lebron easily outplayed him the spurs were just better team.

He led a 38 year old Duncan and a 37 year old Many past the Heat dynasty in a record margin of victory, and then disposed of the Curry-Klay-Draymond Warriors without a single other superstar. Get back to me when Lebron is able to do that.

Mr Feeny
07-25-2019, 03:28 AM
Nope of course not, Durant has been the best player in NBA for the last two seasons. With him going down due to serious injury, it is now Kawhi's time as the best NBA player.

That's the point, though. Durant is injured whether we like it or not. At the moment, Kawhi is head and shoulders above anybody but Giannis. He's comfortably ahead of Lebron.

Kingwillball
07-25-2019, 09:50 AM
He led a 38 year old Duncan and a 37 year old Many past the Heat dynasty in a record margin of victory, and then disposed of the Curry-Klay-Draymond Warriors without a single other superstar. Get back to me when Lebron is able to do that.

Lebron is better than Kawhi as a player back then it wasn

Kingwillball
07-25-2019, 09:51 AM
That's the point, though. Durant is injured whether we like it or not. At the moment, Kawhi is head and shoulders above anybody but Giannis. He's comfortably ahead of Lebron.

Wake up please.. Lebron will show this season he is still better the eye test in finals told me Lebron is superior player even at this age. All time not even close.

Vino24
07-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Still the best. Still the thickest.

superduper
07-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Le37wins James :bowdown:

superduper
07-25-2019, 09:57 AM
Le2winimpact Shames :bowdown:

Wally450
07-25-2019, 10:00 AM
I think he's the second best player behind Kawhi, but that's only because LeBron is 35 and Kawhi is 28.

PistonsFan#21
07-25-2019, 10:06 AM
LMAO @ equating assists with playmaking.

When will the elementary analysis stop?

https://media.giphy.com/media/jGeuf0mcBdh3q/giphy.gif

Phoenix
07-25-2019, 10:07 AM
According to NBA executives, coaches and scouts.... no.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/kawhi-leonard-voted-nbas-best-player-espn-coaches-poll/

[I]The L.A.-born baller, who returned home this summer with a league-altering move to join the Clippers (and brought the Thunder

Kingwillball
07-25-2019, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=Phoenix]According to NBA executives, coaches and scouts.... no.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/kawhi-leonard-voted-nbas-best-player-espn-coaches-poll/

[I]The L.A.-born baller, who returned home this summer with a league-altering move to join the Clippers (and brought the Thunder

Phoenix
07-25-2019, 10:37 AM
Lebron is going to dominate NBA next season.. mvp season coming will be top 3 seed and average 27-10-7 next year..

Bron shouldn't be playing enough minutes to do those numbers. At 35? He should be playing about 32 minutes a night and doing something like 24/8/7. AD should be putting up the same numbers he's been dropping the last few years and carrying the larger regular season load. You got Kuzma as a credible 18-20 ppg guy as third option. If Lebron plays enough to drop those numbers it's because he's gunning for some 'I'm still here' MVP campaign but is that really best for the Lakers in the long term? He should be pacing himself so he can go 38mins a night in the playoffs.

27/10/7 isn't that big a deal anymore when you got Greek Freak probably doing 28/12/6 with less help( nobody on his team remotely as good as AD) and will probably get 55-60 wins at worst barring injury. Harden and Westbrooks numbers will drop respectively. Embid is gonna drop monster numbers as well if he can stay in relative health.

Indian guy
07-25-2019, 10:40 AM
LeBron wasn't even top 5 last year. And if he declines at the same pace as he did from 2018 to 2019, he likely won't even be top 10 this upcoming season.

Mr Feeny
07-25-2019, 10:55 AM
Wake up please.. Lebron will show this season he is still better the eye test in finals told me Lebron is superior player even at this age. All time not even close.

Funny because the eye test is telling everyone else that Kawhi is far ahead of Lebron at the moment and that it's not even close.

Mr Feeny
07-25-2019, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Phoenix]According to NBA executives, coaches and scouts.... no.

Manny98
07-25-2019, 11:07 AM
There we go. I guess everyone is wrong, though, because of a Lebron fan's "eye test". The same eye test that doesnt tell him that Lebron is about 50 tiers behind Kawhi defensively.
You'll see next season how much LeBron is better than Kawhi

Your too caught up in the moment of what just recently transpired in the playoffs and are not thinking rationally.

Mr Feeny
07-25-2019, 11:09 AM
You'll see next season how much LeBron is better than Kawhi

Your too caught up in the moment of what just recently transpired in the playoffs and are not thinking rationally.

I can already see that Kawhi is ahead, as can the rest of the world.

TheMan
07-25-2019, 12:57 PM
LeBron wasn't even top 5 last year. And if he declines at the same pace as he did from 2018 to 2019, he likely won't even be top 10 this upcoming season.
I think not have a long postseason run will benefit LeBron, I don't think he'll drop out of the top 10. Not a top 5 player anymore but still a top 10.

TheMan
07-25-2019, 01:02 PM
Lebron is going to dominate NBA next season.. mvp season coming will be top 3 seed and average 27-10-7 next year..
Please :oldlol:

LeBron's MVP seasons are a thing of the past, he shouldn't even try for them at his age. If anyone on the Lakers is an MVP candidate, it should be AD, and LeBron should take a backseat to try to make that happen.

Kingwillball
07-25-2019, 04:06 PM
Gonna be sweet when Lebron wins the chip next year..Lebron gonna lead league in assists next year..

Kingwillball
07-25-2019, 04:08 PM
Please :oldlol:

LeBron's MVP seasons are a thing of the past, he shouldn't even try for them at his age. If anyone on the Lakers is an MVP candidate, it should be AD, and LeBron should take a backseat to try to make that happen.

AD will average 27,12,3 Lebron gonna average 25-27, 10,7.. so may take votes from each other.

RRR3
07-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Gonna be sweet when Lebron wins the chip next year..Lebron gonna lead league in assists next year..
And then you woke up and realized Cousins and Rondo destroyed the team and the Lakers disappointed.

Duncan21formvp
07-25-2019, 05:07 PM
No and hasn't been for 6 years.