PDA

View Full Version : Zion Williamson Signs Shoe Deal With Jordan Brand for $75 million

coin24
07-24-2019, 11:10 AM
Thoughts?

Pretty much a steal for Nike, ESPN hype machine advertising him non stop.
Who else is even Jordan brand now? Chris small?

HylianNightmare
07-24-2019, 11:13 AM
Jordan has Westbrook

superduper
07-24-2019, 11:14 AM
Sources say Zion Williamson had offers bigger than the Jordan deal. Left money on the table for his dream of wearing the logo of his favorite player.

Welcome to the fam, Zion :rockon: :rockon:

ronniec
07-24-2019, 11:32 AM
All started from a bad quality basketball shoe...

warriorfan
07-24-2019, 12:23 PM
Thoughts?

Pretty much a steal for Nike, ESPN hype machine advertising him non stop.
Who else is even Jordan brand now? Chris small?

:lol

dirkdiggler41
07-24-2019, 12:30 PM
It's for over 7 years. That is a small amount right, considering his hype? I don't know much about shoe contracts.

Bosnian Sajo
07-24-2019, 12:39 PM
It's for over 7 years. That is a small amount right, considering his hype? I don't know much about shoe contracts.

I'm pretty sure only Lebron has ever signed a larger rookie shoe deal.

To compare, Marvin Bagley signed the largest shoe deal in the 2018 draft class, a 5 year deal worth $12 million-$15 million with Puma, depending on incentives.

bullettooth
07-24-2019, 12:45 PM
Sources say Zion Williamson had offers bigger than the Jordan deal. Left money on the table for his dream of wearing the logo of his favorite player.

https://atlantablackstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ClXc4cQUkAA02jA.jpg

bigkingsfan
07-24-2019, 12:48 PM
People think he took a paycut are nuts, his brand image will be better with Nike and he's going to get a portion of those sales.

bullettooth
07-24-2019, 01:12 PM
People think he took a paycut are nuts, his brand image will be better with Nike and he's going to get a portion of those sales.

I'd argue against that;

Nike's got pretty much everyone... or at least so many guys that you just assume they're with Nike. I'd be more aware of who's with which brand if they DIDN'T sign with Nike, ie; Curry with Under Armour, Harden with Adidas and Kawhi with New Balance.

bigkingsfan
07-24-2019, 02:01 PM
I'd argue against that;

Nike's got pretty much everyone... or at least so many guys that you just assume they're with Nike. I'd be more aware of who's with which brand if they DIDN'T sign with Nike, ie; Curry with Under Armour, Harden with Adidas and Kawhi with New Balance.
All those guys were with Nike at one point. You can't keep everyone as they say.

Nike chose Durant over Harden. (Durant currently makes a lot more)
Cury signed with UA back in 2013 where no one thought he would be this huge. He would probably sell a lot more shoes with Nike.
Kawhi wasn't that marketable until late this year.