07-24-2019, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE]/Warriors
@GSWReddit

RRR3
07-24-2019, 02:03 PM
Kerr is a joke.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-24-2019, 02:13 PM
The quote's a bit different than bringing up Durant...like you did.

Kerr probably liked coaching Andre. A guy who defends and doesn't whine over shots. On a championship team.

What coach wouldn't?

PP34Deuce
07-24-2019, 02:24 PM
Winning and following ownerships plans are different from the actual coach's opinions.

If anyone remembers Kerr as an analyst, he was very insightful and is different from "Coach Kerr"

stalkerforlife
07-24-2019, 02:34 PM
He's right.

Iggy was a huge part of team chemistry and morale.

Andrei89
07-24-2019, 02:41 PM
Oh and he also isn't a fan of superteams being formed but is 100% ok with adding a superstar to a 73 win team:roll:

So he was supposed to pass on Durant because he against superteams?:facepalm

FireDavidKahn
07-24-2019, 02:42 PM
So he was supposed to pass on Durant because he against superteams?:facepalm
Never said that. Kerr criticizing superteams is hypocrisy though.

Hey Yo
07-24-2019, 02:59 PM
Especially since his 2015 reigning championship team was recruiting KD the entire 2016 season.

1987_Lakers
07-24-2019, 05:41 PM
Did people even read what Kerr said?

Kerr is saying nothing about super teams, he feels players should play out their contracts instead of asking for a trade. KD came to the Warriors as a free agent.

GOBB
07-24-2019, 06:46 PM
So a player must honor their contract but a team can trade them whenever they feel like it? Stop it Kerr.

BigTicket
07-25-2019, 02:49 AM
If the loss of Iggy is so painful, why did they trade him away for nothing ? It's not like they had to let him go, they spent a 1st round pick + millions of dollars just to get rid of him.

If players can't demand a trade, why is it ok for teams to trade away players to avoid paying them ? Shouldn't loyalty go both ways ?

Spurs m8
07-25-2019, 03:01 AM
:lebronamazed:

Oh and he also isn't a fan of superteams being formed but is 100% ok with adding a superstar to a 73 win team:roll:

https://thespun.com/nba/steve-kerr-anthony-davis-trade-nba-2019-warriors-lakers

His talk about "being bound to that contract" is hypocritical at the very best. If you are going to hold players to that standard then the owners need to be as well.

Lol what

I dont even like Kerr but hes right...if players sign a contract then they should stay...its legit ad simple as that...they're getting paid fvcking millions...do your fvcking jobs you fvcking weak ass pvssies

brooks_thompson
07-25-2019, 05:19 AM
Lol what

I dont even like Kerr but hes right...if players sign a contract then they should stay...its legit ad simple as that...they're getting paid fvcking millions...do your fvcking jobs you fvcking weak ass pvssies

Seriously. I hate this new wave mentality that supports players being able to pull the shit they pull because the players decided to exert some force and owners were too scared to push back. Zach Lowe for one has been championing players' rights to request trades and it makes me sick. I don't like when the balance of things is upset and people immediately latch on to and accept it as if they're ultra-cool progressives.

Spurs m8
07-25-2019, 06:00 AM
Seriously. I hate this new wave mentality that supports players being able to pull the shit they pull because the players decided to exert some force and owners were too scared to push back. Zach Lowe for one has been championing players' rights to request trades and it makes me sick. I don't like when the balance of things is upset and people immediately latch on to and accept it as if they're ultra-cool progressives.

100% mate.

Its classic 2019, everything is backwards, everyone is entitled, even those getting paid tens of millions a year to do a job...playing a sport they love for a living...and getting all the perks that come with it

It makes me sick...no fvcking integrity.

No one forced them to sign the contracts they are signing...and they happily take the money along the way....

It's actually fvcked

superduper
07-25-2019, 07:22 AM
Money should not be guaranteed for players that force their way out of a team. The owners should be able to void a contract should they wish in such a circumstance.

GOBB
07-25-2019, 07:27 AM
100% mate.

Its classic 2019, everything is backwards, everyone is entitled, even those getting paid tens of millions a year to do a job...playing a sport they love for a living...and getting all the perks that come with it

It makes me sick...no fvcking integrity.

No one forced them to sign the contracts they are signing...and they happily take the money along the way....

It's actually fvcked

And yet you say zero about teams who trade players after 1-2 years into a new contract. Hilarious. Otto Porter signs to stay in wash and is traded after a year 1/2.

Akeem34TheDream
07-25-2019, 08:31 AM
Nba contracts aren't meant to be loyal. Teams can trade your ass anywhere but you can't say anything? Also you should be loyal if you are superstar otherwise you are a mercenary right? People who act like its any other job contract are being dumb.

Shogon
07-25-2019, 08:46 AM
And yet you say zero about teams who trade players after 1-2 years into a new contract. Hilarious. Otto Porter signs to stay in wash and is traded after a year 1/2.

It's a no win situation.

Players get told they're losers if they don't win rings, so they demand trades.

As such, now we're in a spot where owners have virtually no power, and tons of risk. They still have to fork out the money if a player gets hurt, for years even...

Additionally, fans wouldn't enjoy a league where everyone was on one year deals and able to move wherever they want whenever they want. And players wouldn't accept the financial risk of being a free agent after one year.

Basically the players want to eat their cake and have it, too.

What this will all eventually boil down to and when some level of actual change will come about is when the owners put their collective foot down and the players have to come to grips with the fact that they work for the NBA and they're signing NBA contracts, they don't work for any one team. As such, the owners should have more power over player movement skewed in their favor... other than free agency, of course.

For the integrity of the product, if nothing else, owners should have more control over player movement than players do. We're in this weird state right now where players have more control. They can basically sit out and still get paid. They don't have to honor their contracts, but the owners do. That's not right.

chocolatethunder
07-25-2019, 09:30 AM
He

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2019, 09:32 AM
Lol what

Right. The owners and the player signed a contract. Both parties should hold up their end of the bargain. If one side can essentially terminate (trade) the contract at anytime then it's only fair that the other side can as well.

Can't have it both ways.

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2019, 09:33 AM
The prime example of this is Blake Griffin. He got railroaded so hard.

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2019, 09:35 AM
It's a no win situation.

Players get told they're losers if they don't win rings, so they demand trades.

As such, now we're in a spot where owners have virtually no power, and tons of risk. They still have to fork out the money if a player gets hurt, for years even...

Additionally, fans wouldn't enjoy a league where everyone was on one year deals and able to move wherever they want whenever they want. And players wouldn't accept the financial risk of being a free agent after one year.

Basically the players want to eat their cake and have it, too.

What this will all eventually boil down to and when some level of actual change will come about is when the owners put their collective foot down and the players have to come to grips with the fact that they work for the NBA and they're signing NBA contracts, they don't work for any one team. As such, the owners should have more power over player movement skewed in their favor... other than free agency, of course.

For the integrity of the product, if nothing else, owners should have more control over player movement than players do. We're in this weird state right now where players have more control. They can basically sit out and still get paid. They don't have to honor their contracts, but the owners do. That's not right.

Owners essentially control the first 9 years of a players career if they are good enough. You seriously advocating that owners should have more control? WHy don't we just get rid of FA and trades and just make the players stay on whatever team they are drafted to for their careers?

GOBB
07-25-2019, 12:52 PM
The prime example of this is Blake Griffin. He got railroaded so hard.

Yup. And good point about teams controlling a player for awhile. I remember telling someone who said Ben Simmons is gone next summer to explain how when he was a RFA. And Sixers could and would match any offer. And people suggest owners should have more control? Sheesh

PP34Deuce
07-25-2019, 04:17 PM
I'm not an NBA player but I definitely don't believe you give owners more control.

It really comes down to Silver and his team. Stern made the players respect and fear him along with the owners.

Part of the job of a commissioner is to make sure both sides see the picture.

Owners may have the money but the player drive up the value of their investment.

Silver is not a bad commissioner and I expect as he heads further into his role, he will be put his foot down.