PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers got overrated again after 1 Decent Year?

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 08:21 AM
One of the most overrated coach's of all time. Last time he had a stacked clippers team he kept choking to inferior teams. He had an amazing team with the clippers with cp3 jj redick Griffin DJ and still couldn

superduper
07-25-2019, 08:35 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470843

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 08:39 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470843

You are a bad poster :(

Shogon
07-25-2019, 08:44 AM
Doc Rivers has always been an utter dog shit coach from an actual basketball perspective.

What he does though, is get the most out of blue collar guys. He's good at rallying the troops, if their personality deems it, that is.

Kawhi and PG both seem to put in the work, so maybe these guys will fit him... they probably will.

Bosnian Sajo
07-25-2019, 08:58 AM
Doc Rivers has always been an utter dog shit coach from an actual basketball perspective.

Alright, settle down.

If Doc is utter dog shit, there is no such thing as a good coach in the NBA then.

Out of the 19 full NBA seasons he has been an NBA head coach, he has made the playoffs 15 times. Idc what you think of him, you can never refer to Doc as utter dog shit. You look dusty saying that.

Shogon
07-25-2019, 09:09 AM
Alright, settle down.

If Doc is utter dog shit, there is no such thing as a good coach in the NBA then.

Out of the 19 full NBA seasons he has been an NBA head coach, he has made the playoffs 15 times. Idc what you think of him, you can never refer to Doc as utter dog shit. You look dusty saying that.

He

Bosnian Sajo
07-25-2019, 09:22 AM
He’s utter dog shit.

He's absolutely not.

You dusty asf.

Wally450
07-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Doc has been more underrated the past couple seasons. Last season the Clippers had no business being good and he got them to the playoffs.

In his Celtics tenure, you could call him a bit overrated.

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Doc has been more underrated the past couple seasons. Last season the Clippers had no business being good and he got them to the playoffs.

In his Celtics tenure, you could call him a bit overrated.

Clippers tenure was an absolute joke prior to last year...

Xiao Yao You
07-25-2019, 10:28 AM
Always thought he was overrated but has done his best work the past couple years

TheCalmInsanity
07-25-2019, 01:02 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466247

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=469621

LoneyROY7
07-25-2019, 01:51 PM
How is Frank Vogel rated?

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 02:02 PM

How is bandwagoning going for you? Pathetic worm, bandwagoning the cringiest teams too :roll:

LoneyROY7
07-25-2019, 02:05 PM
How is bandwagoning going for you? Pathetic worm, bandwagoning the cringiest teams too :roll:

How do you meltdown so easy? :oldlol: :oldlol:

RRR3
07-25-2019, 02:11 PM
He's absolutely not.

You dusty asf.
He hates black people. That’s why he won’t give Doc credit.

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 02:11 PM
How do you meltdown so easy? :oldlol: :oldlol:

Thats melting down? LMAO

LoneyROY7
07-25-2019, 02:16 PM
Thats melting down? LMAO

I'm asking you a legitimate question as to where Vogel should be rated amongst his coaching peers. :confusedshrug:

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm asking you a legitimate question as to where Vogel should be rated amongst his coaching peers. :confusedshrug:

Above average. Had a great stint with Pacers and pretty shit with Orlando. I'll have a better judgment after seeing him on our team though.

LoneyROY7
07-25-2019, 02:31 PM
Above average. Had a great stint with Pacers and pretty shit with Orlando. I'll have a better judgment after seeing him on our team though.

He's a good defensive coach which bodes well for LA, but we'll see how he deals with the LeBron factor and Kidd looming over his shoulder.

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 02:44 PM
He's a good defensive coach which bodes well for LA, but we'll see how he deals with the LeBron factor and Kidd looming over his shoulder.

I think hes a huge upgrade over Walton though in terms of plays out of time outs and rotations.

clipps
07-25-2019, 02:50 PM
Does OP's ****** ever stop bleeding?

Spurs m8
07-25-2019, 06:57 PM
He made the playoffs with a team with no all stars

How did the Lakers do last season with the so called GOAT?

PP34Deuce
07-26-2019, 11:40 AM
Doc Rivers is:

Decent offensive coach
Good defensive coach
Great after time outs coach
Great people coach
Bad adjustment coach

He's above average. Doc is not a guru nerd like Popavich, Spoelstra, or Stevens...

But he was a former player who was a good starter and great roleplayer so he's able to talk to multiple guys and get them to rally.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 11:48 AM

Indiana days he was rated as one of the best coaches in the NBA.

That subpar tenure with the Magic though really brought his reputation down.

I'd say people still view him as a solid coach, but most people still have the Spoelstra's/Brad Steven's etc. above him, and rightfully so imo. Lettuce see what he can do this year with his quality coaching staff.

PP34Deuce
07-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Indiana days he was rated as one of the best coaches in the NBA.

That subpar tenure with the Magic though really brought his reputation down.

I'd say people still view him as a solid coach, but most people still have the Spoelstra's/Brad Steven's etc. above him, and rightfully so imo. Lettuce see what he can do this year with his quality coaching staff.

Jason Kidd got fired in Milwaukee where he was great friends with the guy...... That's a red flag to me.

But I also think if he's engaged, he will have the defense looking great.

Xiao Yao You
07-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Jason Kidd got fired in Milwaukee where he was great friends with the guy...... That's a red flag to me.

I guess you didn't see the defense Kidd had in Milwaukee. It was a joke!

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 12:49 PM

Great friends with what guy? Giannis? I'm not sure I follow.

And like you mentioned, his defensive tactics were very nice. I'm not judging Vogel's staff as head coaches, I'm judging them as to what they bring to the table. Kidd has never been an assistant coach before (which is where he should have started...much like the great Tim Duncan), so we've yet to see if he can play the role well...but I'm assuming these guys can get it done together. Vogel, Kidd, and Hollins were all known to be good defensive coaches.

When it comes to offense, I don't see that being a problem in a Lebron and AD led team. It's the defense where we need the coaches to step up big, and in my opinion we may very well have the right guys for the job.

Bosnian Sajo
07-26-2019, 12:52 PM
I guess you didn't see the defense Kidd had in Milwaukee. It was a joke!

Uhm?? That's the one thing people say he did good on the Bucks...it was his rotations among other things that were heavily criticized.

Xiao Yao You
07-26-2019, 12:59 PM
https://hoopshabit.com/2018/01/23/milwaukee-bucks-5-reasons-head-coach-jason-kidd-fired/2/

and he had a lot better defensive personnel with the Bucks. He's really in charge of the Lakers defense? That's even more good news! :cheers:

PP34Deuce
07-26-2019, 01:11 PM
i feel like by standards, Kidd was a young coach. He's always been a creative wild card and he brought that energy to coaching that needs stability.

If his attitude is warm to being part of a coaching team and not THE coach. This experiment would be valuable. He sucks at the mundane coaching things but he's always thinking ways to be ahead though.

PickernRoller
07-26-2019, 09:12 PM
Doc's a hec of a coach. He aint no Pop or Phil but he's great.

He managed the big 3 very well.

sportjames23
07-27-2019, 03:01 AM
He made the playoffs with a team with no all stars

How did the Lakers do last season with the so called GOAT?

Ouch. :eek: