PDA

View Full Version : Paul George: I grew up a Clippers fan but Kobe was my Idol

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 08:45 AM
LOL what?

This guy has lied through his teeth for years (Pacers, OKC).

Let me get this straight. Kobe's your idol and favorite player. You were born in the 90's and watched Lakers win 5 in your lifetime. But you were a Clipper fan (weren't relevant till CP3-Griffin). Okay there :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW2OUawCcAAfTlp.jpg

Bosnian Sajo
07-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Oh he is absolutely 100% full of shit.

I can buy Kawhi saying he wasn't a Lakers fan, since that is such a Kawhi thing to do..root for AI and Philly while growing up with the best duo to ever grace the NBA in your home city lol.

But I've heard NUMEROUS times how PG13 was a Lakers fan growing up, you see pictures of him as a youngin with Lakers jerseys...yet you rooted for the Clippers? Give me a ****ing break.

MAN this rivalry is juicier than ever. I hate that they didn't join the Lakers when they had the opportunity, but I love this Clippers vs Lakers rivalry that is shaping up. Can't ****ing wait.

FireDavidKahn
07-25-2019, 09:26 AM
Sure you were:roll: :roll:

qrich
07-25-2019, 10:03 AM
The Y was sponsored by the Lakers back when they had a FO/Ownership with a brain

That pic means shit. Dudes made it clear he grew up a Clipper fan, the media and Laker fans tried to push it the other way, miserably.

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 10:04 AM
The Y was sponsored by the Lakers back when they had a FO/Ownership with a brain

That pic means shit. Dudes made it clear he grew up a Clipper fan, the media and Laker fans tried to push it the other way, miserably.

Yeah cause theres so many Clipper fans who idolized Kobe but chose to watch Clippers. Lmao idiot garbage brain:facepalm

PistonsFan#21
07-25-2019, 11:07 AM
I wish they asked him some questions about Clippers history to put him on the spot lol. Or even what was his favorite Clipper moments growing up

RealSkipBayless
07-25-2019, 11:31 AM
I saw it this morning and laughed my ass off.

No need to lie bro. You can just say you wanted to play in LA and that situation appealed to you. What is the point of lying? To get those 6 Clipper fans extra hyped for the season?

iamgine
07-25-2019, 12:11 PM
He's from LA but didn't want to be like everybody else, so he rooted for the Clippers.

This pre-draft article from 2010 also says it:

With teams such as the Los Angeles Clippers (his favorite team growing up), Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies and Milwaukee Bucks all looking for a dynamic swingman who can create, shoot and defend, the chance of George being picked in the 8-15 range looks very good at the moment.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Paul-George-Workout-and-Interview-3495/

Bosnian Sajo
07-25-2019, 12:14 PM
He's from LA but didn't want to be like everybody else, so he rooted for the Clippers.

With teams such as the Los Angeles Clippers (his favorite team growing up), Utah Jazz, Memphis Grizzlies and Milwaukee Bucks all looking for a dynamic swingman who can create, shoot and defend, the chance of George being picked in the 8-15 range looks very good at the moment.

Huh, go figure.

I retract my initial statement. Nice find, iamgine.

ImKobe
07-25-2019, 02:02 PM
I think he liked both but probably followed the Lakers more due to their success, obviously he isn't going to admit to that because he's on the other team but that's okay.

atljonesbro
07-25-2019, 02:19 PM
The egotism of Lakers fans thinking no one can

AirTupac
07-25-2019, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=atljonesbro]The egotism of Lakers fans thinking no one can

superduper
07-25-2019, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=atljonesbro]The egotism of Lakers fans thinking no one can

qrich
07-25-2019, 02:55 PM
I think he liked both but probably followed the Lakers more due to their success, obviously he isn't going to admit to that because he's on the other team but that's okay.

So why'd he admit to it years ago?

Bosnian Sajo
07-25-2019, 02:58 PM
You've heard of LA natives who's hero was Kobe but fan of Clippers?

That is weird tbh, but to be fair the Clippers were so shit when PG was growing up, it was not unheard of for people to be fans of both the Clippers and Lakers. At the time, the rivalry was nonexistent.

We used to have a poster here, Zen, who was both a Clippers fan and Lakers fan. Today someone would look at that and laugh, but at the time no one even questioned him for supporting both teams. One was a storied franchise while the other was a bottom feeder.

atljonesbro
07-25-2019, 03:47 PM
You've heard of LA natives who's hero was Kobe but fan of Clippers? LOL what a complete moron. Just going straight to the extreme and judging an entire fan base. Sick
It

RRR3
07-25-2019, 03:48 PM

AirRetard destroyed again :roll:

TheCalmInsanity
07-25-2019, 04:04 PM
Dude not everyone takes the easy road like you, only liking teams that have a good history/current success.

Believe it or not the Clippers definitely had fans during the Darius Miles/Quentin Richardson/Lamar Odom/Eric Piatkowski days... there just weren't too many of us. But I felt way more at home with Clippers fans back then since they actually watched the games and knew everything about the roster whereas entitled Lakers fans didn't even know there was a game that night. They were just fans for the "success", as if the Lakers' success makes them more successful people.

clipps
07-25-2019, 04:33 PM
PG was a Clippers fan before he was drafted. He was bitter towards them when they passed on him for Al Farouq Aminu which was probably why he was perceived as a Lakers fan.

oh the horror
07-25-2019, 10:22 PM
Same guy who allegedly tried to pay his baby moms to have an abortion. Then turned around an had another baby with the same woman. Idk why this is a surprise to people.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/horrorm0nez/7D59FB7E-6D36-4520-9776-9541E6E9F37B.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y62/horrorm0nez/9506C730-D633-4FDC-A5B0-C137F8A945D6.jpg

Lebron23
10-03-2020, 02:22 AM
LOL what?

This guy has lied through his teeth for years (Pacers, OKC).

Let me get this straight. Kobe's your idol and favorite player. You were born in the 90's and watched Lakers win 5 in your lifetime. But you were a Clipper fan (weren't relevant till CP3-Griffin). Okay there :roll: :roll: :roll:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BW2OUawCcAAfTlp.jpg

Pg 13 is full of $hit.

TheGoatest
10-03-2020, 02:40 AM
Every kid who grew up in LA preferred the Clippers over the Lakers fan while growing up. Everyone knows this.