PDA

View Full Version : More Curry on/off impact numbers.

superduper
07-26-2019, 10:58 AM
The Warriors are +4131 with Stephen Curry on the court over the last five years. They are -447 with Stephen Curry on the bench.

Curry may just have the most unique on court impact that has ever been displayed by anyone in the history of the sport. His gravity is the most subtle thing to the untrained casual eye so much so that most people can't even tell it exists.

No matter what kind of a game Curry is having, be it if he's 9/10 from the field or 2/15 from the field, the opposing defenses have to account for him at ALL times. Not only do they have to account for him at all times, they have to have multiple eyes looking at him the moment he crosses half court. Then when he crosses half court and has the ball in his hands, he HAS to be doubled from 30+ feet out every single time, allowing his team to essentially play 5v4 on offense for like 90% of the game.

It is no secret that Draymond is an excellent passer and decision maker but his job is infinitely easier due to Curry constantly having a double team stuck on him which allows Draymond to make the free ally oop pass to the big down low to toss it over to Klay for the wide open 3.

What does the media think of Curry though? What is the status of his media-voted awards?

StrongLurk
07-26-2019, 11:00 AM
Curry is alienish now...can you imagine him in the 90s?

Would be hilarious seeing him constantly bomb threes in MJs face.

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:02 AM
Curry is alienish now...can you imagine him in the 90s?

Would be hilarious seeing him constantly bomb threes in MJs face.

As much as I credit Curry and discredit Klay, I think Klay would thrive more in that era compared to Curry. Curry's finesse style would not translate as well.

Regardless, the numbers in the OP for THIS era are appalling. His team impact is basically unmatched.

warriorfan
07-26-2019, 11:17 AM
Curry may just have the most unique on court impact that has ever been displayed by anyone in the history of the sport. His gravity is the most subtle thing to the untrained casual eye so much so that most people can't even tell it exists.

No matter what kind of a game Curry is having, be it if he's 9/10 from the field or 2/15 from the field, the opposing defenses have to account for him at ALL times. Not only do they have to account for him at all times, they have to have multiple eyes looking at him the moment he crosses half court. Then when he crosses half court and has the ball in his hands, he HAS to be doubled from 30+ feet out every single time, allowing his team to essentially play 5v4 on offense for like 90% of the game.

It is no secret that Draymond is an excellent passer and decision maker but his job is infinitely easier due to Curry constantly having a double team stuck on him which allows Draymond to make the free ally oop pass to the big down low to toss it over to Klay for the wide open 3.

What does the media think of Curry though? What is the status of his media-voted awards?

Truth! :applause:

bigkingsfan
07-26-2019, 11:19 AM
They unanimously voted him for MVP, the one and only.

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:48 AM
They unanimously voted him for MVP, the one and only.

I mean after the season that he had they literally HAD to. If they didn't it would've devalued their already low-valued credibility. His season was unlike anything ever before seen in history. Curry gave himself the UMVP, the media didn't give him shit.

bigkingsfan
07-26-2019, 11:52 AM
I mean after the season that he had they literally HAD to.
I don't recall him getting any FMVP votes.

superduper
07-26-2019, 11:55 AM
I don't recall him getting any FMVP votes.

Why are you flip flopping? We're talking about the SEASON MVP as clearly stated in my quote that you Quoted.

bigkingsfan
07-26-2019, 11:59 AM
Why are you flip flopping? We're talking about the SEASON MVP as clearly stated in my quote that you Quoted.
So Legoat beat the unanimous regular season MVP :eek:

superduper
07-26-2019, 12:05 PM
So Legoat beat the unanimous regular season MVP :eek:

Kyrie outplayed the UMVP on both ends of the floor.

Silver kept Curry in foul trouble so he couldn't play his normal game.

To answer: No, not at all.

bigkingsfan
07-26-2019, 12:22 PM
Kyrie outplayed the UMVP on both ends of the floor.

Silver kept Curry in foul trouble so he couldn't play his normal game.

To answer: No, not at all.
Legoat still won FMVP, wow he must be on another level. :eek:

Bronbron23
07-26-2019, 12:30 PM

Curry dosnt face double teams all the time and when he does it's usually because the warriors constantly try to get curry switched onto a slower big where he can take advantage. It's either double him off the screen or allow him to embarrass your big man. Klay actually has the biggest impact on the warriors.

superduper
07-26-2019, 12:33 PM
Curry dosnt face double teams all the time and when he does it's usually because the warriors constantly try to get curry switched onto a slower big where he can take advantage. It's either double him off the screen or allow him to embarrass your big man. Klay actually has the biggest impact on the warriors.

Wow impressive you managed to get every point wrong.

Why is Draymond wide open 24/7 every single game? How does Draymond play 5v4 on offense every game? Where does his man go? Does his man just stand around or does his man double Curry every single time?

Klay has never seen a double in his life, stop this.

ScalsFan21
07-26-2019, 12:50 PM
Well, see this is part of why Curry has been top two in the league ever since his first MVP season, never ceding that spot for a moment to Kevin Durant.

LostCause
07-26-2019, 01:04 PM
I suppose we get to see how he can carry a team this upcoming season

imdaman99
07-26-2019, 01:13 PM
With a stacked lineup. How often was he on the floor without another all star on the court? Were both dray and klay benched while he was in there? I suppose if he got to play the Blazers he would do fine, but we saw him without another all star against a tough defensive team in the Finals.

superduper
07-26-2019, 02:15 PM
It's truly amazing the lengths people go to try to discredit Curry despite countless evidences being presented right to their faces :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
07-26-2019, 02:28 PM
OP, what's been your honest opinion of Curry in the Finals when Durant hasn't played. To me, he's honestly looked very mortal. He had his struggles in 2015, was awful in 2016, and this year his overall series was fine, but after that Game 3 performance, where tbf he was phenomenal, he looked rather ordinary, even sub par for the rest of the series

That's my biggest red flag about Curry, in competitive series it seems like he gets taken off of his game more often than other ATG's

tpols
07-26-2019, 02:35 PM
He might be the GOAT.

even mj had top 5 lotto pick and HOFer scottie Pippen.

While Chef turned water into wine.

FKAri
07-26-2019, 02:52 PM
Like a smaller Buddy Hield

warriorfan
07-26-2019, 02:53 PM
OP, what's been your honest opinion of Curry in the Finals when Durant hasn't played. To me, he's honestly looked very mortal. He had his struggles in 2015, was awful in 2016, and this year his overall series was fine, but after that Game 3 performance, where tbf he was phenomenal, he looked rather ordinary, even sub par for the rest of the series

That's my biggest red flag about Curry, in competitive series it seems like he gets taken off of his game more often than other ATG's

Curry struggled in 2015? Lmao boxscore watcher exposed.

SouBeachTalents
07-26-2019, 03:04 PM
Lmao, the irony is his boxscore looks better than how he actually played in that series. People always post his statline to try to show he played well & was robbed of FMVP. No stat more misleading than his 4th quarter numbers, when the majority of them were scored with the Warriors up 3-4+ possessions.

And for the record I didn't say he struggled the whole series, but he had a stretch of play, from Game 2 through roughly the first half of Game 3, where he was absolutely terrible. Just go back and read the threads on here from back then, he was getting hammered for his play the first few games of that series

warriorfan
07-26-2019, 03:08 PM
Lmao, the irony is his boxscore looks better than how he actually played in that series. People always post his statline to try to show he played well & was robbed of FMVP. No stat more misleading than his 4th quarter numbers, when the majority of them were scored with the Warriors up 3-4+ possessions.

And for the record I didn't say he struggled the whole series, but he had a stretch of play, from Game 2 through roughly the first half of Game 3, where he was absolutely terrible. Just go back and read the threads on here from back then, he was getting hammered for his play the first few games of that series

You are an idiot. Low basketball iq.

aj1987
07-26-2019, 05:27 PM
You are an idiot. Low basketball iq.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=379867

Jump of a cliff, turd muncher.

Keno
07-26-2019, 10:01 PM
:oldlol:

ether

Bankaii
07-27-2019, 01:25 AM
Dude made an unbiased, solid post. Why not try to refute what he said instead of throwing out ad homs because you know he's right.

Y'all seriously don't get tired of the same lame trolling every single day?

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 08:40 AM
Wow impressive you managed to get every point wrong.

Why is Draymond wide open 24/7 every single game? How does Draymond play 5v4 on offense every game? Where does his man go? Does his man just stand around or does his man double Curry every single time?

Klay has never seen a double in his life, stop this.
Draymond is wide open because he can't shoot. They'd do the same if curry wasn't there. And all you have to do is watch the games. There were plenty of times raps gaurded curry straight up. Van fleet actually did a really good job. When Cleveland beat the warriors they rarely doubled curry. The same goes with the rockets in 18. Go back and watch the games buddy. Curry dosnt get doubled nearly as much as you think and teams would almost never double team him if it wasn't for the screens.

As I said last year and all this year. The warriors and curry are done. They were never a dynasty without kd and they never will be. Curry will have a great scoring season this year but his efficiency will drop and the warriors will be lucky to make the playoffs. If they do they'll slide in the 7th or 8th place and lose in the first round. Book it!

'Toine=MVP
07-27-2019, 09:31 AM
Curry is the best shooter. Beyond that, it is kind of pointless to discuss him as being among the best right now. He was/is still a media darling. Because LeBron (while still succeeding at being the best player in the league for a decade) failed to live up to his all time great billing, as soon as Curry started emerging, they rolled out the red carpet. For a season or so, people were calling him the best in the league. We were watching him in slow motion commercials all the time. The league and fans were ready for a superstar to emerge as we hadn't seen one seen early 00's Shaq...

BUT...he's been thoroughly exposed in the finals time after time, even in wins. He's really good. Great at shooting threes, but just really good otherwise. And the league and its serious fans (and probably casual ones too but they are unaware of it) are still desperate for a true all time great to emerge. Giannis is the best hope right now. He's not there, but he's ticking the boxes so far.

Back to Curry...on/off reg. season is interesting. No one plays defense in this league in the reg season especially. Don't put too much stock in it.

Manny98
07-27-2019, 09:58 AM
Curry > MJ

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 12:45 PM
Curry > MJ
And this is why your the biggest troll on this forum :facepalm

Manny98
07-27-2019, 01:01 PM
Truth hurts

Curry had the biggest offensive impact of anyone ever

He doesn't even need to touch the basketball and he's affecting the game in ways only MJ could dream of

Curry is the superior passer,far superior shooter, superior dribbler and has GOAT offensive gravity

superduper
07-27-2019, 01:04 PM

Boom.

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 01:25 PM
Truth hurts

Curry had the biggest offensive impact of anyone ever

He doesn't even need to touch the basketball and he's affecting the game in ways only MJ could dream of

Curry is the superior passer,far superior shooter, superior dribbler and has GOAT offensive gravity
Well If the truth hurts than you should be dead by now :facepalm

AirFederer
07-27-2019, 02:41 PM

Truth.

Modern day GOAT :bowdown:

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 03:38 PM
Truth.

Modern day GOAT :bowdown:
If curry is the modern day goat than this era really is the worst :facepalm

warriorfan
07-27-2019, 04:09 PM
Bronbron with another low iq meltdown :oldlol:

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 04:59 PM
Bronbron with another low iq meltdown :oldlol:
Hey warriorfan. Good to hear from you buddy I was worried after the warriors losing and Steph missing out on another fmvp that youd be on suicide watch. Your just mad because I called the downfall of Steph and the warriors a long time ago.

Enjoy the up coming season buddy. Warriors aren't even gonna make the playoffs :facepalm

Manny98
07-27-2019, 05:09 PM
If curry is the modern day goat than this era really is the worst :facepalm
Peak Curry is the greatest offensive player the league has ever seen accept it

The numbers back it up, he was averaging over 30ppg off 67% true shooting those are GOAT scoring numbers

MJ can't shoot like Curry, MJ never demanded the defensive attention that Curry draws

Curry literally gets pressured as soon as he passes the halfcourt line. His gravity and impact off the ball is unmatched by anyone

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 05:17 PM
Peak Curry is the greatest offensive player the league has ever seen accept it

The numbers back it up, he was averaging over 30ppg off 67% true shooting those are GOAT scoring numbers

MJ can't shoot like Curry, MJ never demanded the defensive attention that Curry draws

Curry literally gets pressured as soon as he passes the halfcourt line. His gravity and impact off the ball is unmatched by anyone
First of all the numbers don't back it up. Mj had a few regular seasons as good or better than curry offensively. In the Post season which is the better barometer it's not even close. Mj crushes Steph. Especially late in the post season. Mj gets better while Steph actually gets a little worse. Don't make me post mj and Steph's finals numbers :facepalm

Manny98
07-27-2019, 05:25 PM
MJ never had a regular season close to 16 Curry offensively stop it :roll:

Curry is the best player on the greatest team of all time nuff said

Vino24
07-27-2019, 05:25 PM
I have Curry just edging out MJ on the all time list

Bronbron23
07-27-2019, 05:41 PM
MJ never had a regular season close to 16 Curry offensively stop it :roll:

Curry is the best player on the greatest team of all time nuff said
Mj scored 35 pts a game on 54% shooting with alot less help from screens while exerting himself on the defensive end and winning dpoy. Mj was basically Steph on offence and kawhi on defence.

I can only imagine how you'd react if Steph won a scoring title and a dpoy in the same year. You, warriorfan and a few other losers on here would Probably all get together for a circle jerk :facepalm

warriorfan
07-27-2019, 05:49 PM
Mj scored 35 pts a game on 54% shooting with alot less help from screens while exerting himself on the defensive end and winning dpoy. Mj was basically Steph on offence and kawhi on defence.

I can only imagine how you'd react if Steph won a scoring title and a dpoy in the same year. You, warriorfan and a few other losers on here would Probably all get together for a circle jerk :facepalm

Using FG%....Another low iq meltdown

You are getting schooled by manny

Manny98
07-27-2019, 06:13 PM

Only 60% True shooting compared to Currys 67%

And he shot 13% from 3 that year, yikes :oldlol:

MJ is worse than Curry on offense and Kawhi on defense so no your analogy is false

brooks_thompson
07-27-2019, 06:15 PM
Curry is a great, great player. But look at what he was before Steve Kerr (still pretty great, buuuut...). Then realize that Klay Thompson came into his own. And that he may seriously be the 2nd greatest shooter of all time. The synergy between the three stars and Kerr's offense is what made them great, not just Curry alone. I bet Curry never even imagined that he was gonna become what he is now under Jackson.

ZMonkey11
07-27-2019, 06:17 PM

MJ is worse than Curry on offense and Kawhi on defense so no your analogy is false

And Curry asks for defensive switches on Van Vleet. Yikes.

Bronbron23
07-28-2019, 07:27 AM

60% true shooting when your forced to be a volume scorer is actually pretty sick. Let's see what Curry's true shooting is this year when he's forced to score more. I bet you it won't be 67.

And again we're talking regular season here. In the playoffs where defences are tougher mj is clearly better and in the finals on the biggest stage against the best team mj is way above Steph.

warriorfan
07-28-2019, 02:01 PM
60% true shooting when your forced to be a volume scorer is actually pretty sick. Let's see what Curry's true shooting is this year when he's forced to score more. I bet you it won't be 67.

And again we're talking regular season here. In the playoffs where defences are tougher mj is clearly better and in the finals on the biggest stage against the best team mj is way above Steph.

Curry isn’t forced to score more, he blows teams out by the 3rd quarter because of his efficiency in the way he gets his buckets. In 2016 he scored 30ppg in 34mpg. If Curry played low iq chuck ball for 4 straight quarters he would be scoring 40+ a game.

Leviathon1121
07-28-2019, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Curry isn

Bronbron23
07-28-2019, 02:41 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Curry isn

warriorfan
07-28-2019, 02:49 PM
He'll be forced to score more this year is the point. Much like mj was for most of his years.

And I wonder what happened to Curry's 30 ppg in 34 min in the finals that year? Yeah yeah I know he was hurt :facepalm

Yeah...He didn

Manny98
07-28-2019, 02:51 PM

Curry averaged 30ppg in 34mpg that's incredibly high volume

Let's not forget how he's the teams primary playmaker and we all know how Curry is the superior passer to MJ

Mr Feeny
07-28-2019, 04:32 PM
Curry averaged 30ppg in 34mpg that's incredibly high volume

Let's not forget how he's the teams primary playmaker and we all know how Curry is the superior passer to MJ

Curry is better than Lebron. We know that already. What else is new?

Hey Yo
07-28-2019, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Yeah...He didn

Manny98
07-28-2019, 04:59 PM
Curry is better than Lebron. We know that already. What else is new?
Sorry this thread is about Curry not LeBron stick to topic

Mr Feeny
07-29-2019, 12:43 AM
You're right, he didnt tear his MCL.... it was only a sprain and was completely healed by the time the Finals started.it hadn't healed. He was a shell of himself during the finals. And the Cavs still needed 7 games to beat them.

Mr Feeny
07-29-2019, 04:47 AM

And yet he needed Curry to be hampered by an MCL issue and needed Kyrie to average 27ppg and score the title winning shot, to win I game 7. Meanwhile, Kawhi beat a healthy Curry in 6 games without a single other superstar.

Kawhi must be that much better than Lebron:eek:

LAmbruh
07-29-2019, 05:23 AM
can't expect much productivity from teammate when 90% of roster are trained as full time screen setters

Curry ball undermining player progression per standard

Hand picked 2016 Olympic roster, outclassed by Kyle Lowry