PDA

View Full Version : You picking anyone other than Chris Stapleton as the best singer out right now?

Kblaze8855
07-26-2019, 06:36 PM
I dont know how anyone else takes the spot.

Chris Stapleton is a "Cookout goes quiet" level singer and is the only white male ive seen pull that off maybe ever. People who never heard of him will stop what they are doing and come investigate. Ive seen it multiple times. Tennessee Whiskey or I was Wrong will have people cross the street and ask who that is. Ive seen Chris have people do dunk contest style reactions.

Who is out singing him on a regular basis right now?

Shogon
07-26-2019, 06:39 PM
Are we talking just vocal chords? Cause as far as people who are active... nobody is currently touching Ariana Grande and it's not close. Her voice is detracted from by stupid ass autotune but she is undoubtedly the best vocalist that is active and modern.

Kblaze8855
07-26-2019, 06:42 PM
I will say ive heard nothing to suggest that.....but also that my experience with her is limited to someone being surprised she could really sing live and posting the link. I agreed that she could.....but didnt look into it any more than that. Im sure she has songs id recognize but I dont know any off the top of my head.

bladefd
07-27-2019, 01:28 AM
I don't usually like country music. A friend recommended Stapleton, who I thought has great lyrics. Unfortunately, It might seem petty, but I just can't get over the southern drawl, which I find distracting. Tennessee Whiskey and Traveller are both solid imo, only two songs I added