PDA

View Full Version : How long until a woman is given a spot on an NBA roster?

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 06:36 AM
Lets get this out of the way....

I didnt ask "How long until a woman deserves a spot on an NBA roster?".

We clear?

Not about her outplaying the thousands of men who would have to be stepped over for this to happen. She will not be BETTER than those men. Lets not even pretend thats my argument.

Now.....

Women have been drafted twice. The most recent in I think 1975 by the Jazz. She happened to be pregnant at the time(....) and couldnt come to camp.

Ann Myers actually signed with the Pacers but was one of the final cuts in camp.

Cheryl Miller probably could have made it in a mens league. She was drafted in the USBL which is where Manute Bol, Anthony Mason, Avery Johnson and other NBA players played at one time or another.

But....those were mostly attempts to give someone a real shot. We all know why a woman would get a shot today.....just to make history and say you did it. The team that did it would be in 30 for 30(Or 50 for 50 I guess) espn specials. The woman would be among the biggest female athlets in history. The Nike commercials would be endless. He first(and perhaps only) basket....would be replayed like the moon landing.

You just know its gonna be the Spurs right?

Years ago when Candace parker and Britney Griner were out there dunking and so on people started asking if they could play in the NBA...obviously not thinking. What the **** is a 6'8'' 190 pound woman gonna do vs a real NBA center? You wouldnt put a frontcourt woman in the NBA even as a promo.

I figured then if they gave one a shot it would be a small playmaking guard....who even on the perimeter someone would have to take it easy on.

But now?

With all the 3s? They have a way to make it seem halfway legit.

The WNBA line is the same distance as the mens line in FIBA and D1 college. There is a slight difference in ball size between the NBA, WNBA, FIBA, and College but the NBA isnt actually the biggest. They are all essentially the same. A max of 30 inches around a minimum of 29. WNBA is 29.5. ALl would vary with how inflated they are. Not worth going into more than that....

Anyway....

Some women are making 3s at a great rate. Way better than they used to. Probably because 3 point shooting is so stressed and they grow up playing with boys shooting the same ball on the same courts.

A team will sign someone who will not get into a game foe a few weeks. Probably come into a home game up 20 with 3 minutes to go to an epic ovation. You know no coach will have the balls to call a play to isolate her on D or get her on a switch and embarrass her. Imagine a Spurs/Warrios game. You think Steve Kerr would tell Steph to destroy her? Have Klay post her up? Not happening. He wouldnt ruin the moment. They would rather seem slightly patronizing than **** up that moment that will be replayed for 100 years. Its gonna be some woman like this:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2cwvg94.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2i03bpy.jpg

Little photogenic. American. Tall enough to not stand out vs another small player(shes about 6 feet). Not even gay(she dated Brandan Wright).

Most importantly?

A 48% shooter from 3.

I dont know that Pop would run a play for her to get a 3. But I think hed stick her in a corner or spotting up someone and hope it worked out that way. If the guy guarding her could manage not to make his lazy closeout look so intentional she would make the biggest shot in womens history and go on the cover of every sports magazine and site in the country.

You just know someone like the Spurs would do it. Stern predicted 10 years ago it would happen...in about 10 years.

My prediction?

A woman is signed to something like a 10 day for the Spurs...gets into a game....makes 1 three in 4 attempts over 3 games....and rides off into the sunset.

And I think it happens by 2025.

They will never be stupid enough to embarrass a female big. But a shooting wing?

Yea.

Thats gonna happen. Soon.

And people are gonna be salty as ****. I hope it happens for that reason alone.

plowking
07-28-2019, 06:42 AM

That is an entirely stupid reason.

Seems as if it is a consistent trait among this generation.

"Love to see it because it will piss people off"...

At the end of the day, people that appreciate basketball, the product and the effort that goes into making the league don't want a mockery made of it.

At the end of the day, what will it prove? That a chick can make a shot in the NBA? Sure. Everyone can get lucky. May as well give a 14 year old a shot at doing it too, since that is about the level of pro female players.

Vino24
07-28-2019, 06:45 AM
Let

Vino24
07-28-2019, 06:50 AM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Let

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 06:51 AM
It would obviously be a promotional thing. And not the worst in sports history either. Be about like when they brought Satchel Paige back when he as 59 to pitch one more game. Though of course even 59 year old Satchel Paige was better than a female NBA player would be. He stuck some guys out I believe.

Perhaps its more like when Bob Cousy returned in his 40s and played for the Kings for a while to get fans support up. Played 7 games scored I think 5 total points.

And like I said they tried it in the 80s....and the 70s....and actually once in 1969 too. And thats without the SJW era.

Some woman is gonna knock down a three in the NBA. Its gonna happen eventually. I think it happens before Pop retires because I think they are setting up Becky Hammon to take over for him and they cant have Becky put a woman into a game first.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 06:52 AM
[QUOTE=Vino24]And this guy can

Vino24
07-28-2019, 06:55 AM
I think youre mistaking "can" for "will".

No woman will deserve a roster spot. You think thats gonna stop it?
The WNBA is a dead product. Why would they want to make the NBA a dead product too?

iamgine
07-28-2019, 06:59 AM
I made this topic a while ago

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=355045

There's really pretty good upside with minimal risk if a woman plays on your team.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 07:02 AM
The WNBA is a dead product. Why would they want to make the NBA a dead product too?

One woman making a jumper in the NBA is gonna be one of the biggest stories in sports for a year or two. I assure you....it will not make the NBA look like the WNBA. What are you even imagining happens?

Vino24
07-28-2019, 07:05 AM
One woman making a jumper in the NBA is gonna be one of the biggest stories in sports for a year or two. I assure you....it will not make the NBA look like the WNBA. What are you even imagining happens?
I just don

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 07:09 AM
The benefit is money and attention. How many jerseys would you sell of the one and only woman to ever make the NBA?

You would sell out of everything with her name on it. You would need 20 times the normal order of junior sizes. This ho would be in commercials with little girls taking jumpers all year. She would win an ESPY. Sportscenter would lead with it for 4 days. Shed be a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less deserving Jackie Robinson.

Have you seen America in 2019?

HylianNightmare
07-28-2019, 07:14 AM
Also we'll have some dude throw on a wig and dominate WNBA

Vino24
07-28-2019, 07:19 AM
All they have to do is identify as a woman. And dominate an entire league :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 07:25 AM
I would imagine you would have to do the paperwork to change your gender. I think the WNBA is actually for women. The NBA has no rules against woman playing. So you may actually need to be legally a woman. And for what? WNBA players are paid shit. Besides no team would sign that person.

Now....a guy who transitions in high school and dominates college women?

THAT would be interesting. Id like to see the spin they put on it if they try not to draft "her".

MrFonzworth
07-28-2019, 07:26 AM
All they have to do is identify as a woman. And dominate an entire league :oldlol:
Yes that was the joke

Mr Feeny
07-28-2019, 07:33 AM
That might well happen for promotional reasons, but I'm cringing just thinking about it. That would be utterly ridiculous.

Shogon
07-28-2019, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty skeptical that this will ever happen short of some absolutely transcendent woman coming along, of which, so far... we have not seen.

I understand the argument of "doing it just to do it" but at the end of the day, the team that would be the ones doing it would have to be "socially conscious"... so basically that means the San Antonio Spurs...

And the reason I don't think the Spurs would do it is because said woman would get absolutely shit on... on both sides of the ball. She probably wouldn't even hit open 3 point shots.

She would get shit on, on on every single last play. And while Pop might shake his fist at the sky in anger that objective reality is that way, it is what it is. And even the most "socially conscious" team isn't going to let their idea of "equality" get shit on right before their and everyone else's eyes.

LMFAO. I pray it does happen... I want to see the woman get shit on. How glorious.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 07:50 AM
No woman is going to be transcendent enough to legitimately beat out the thousands of professional basketball playing men who can

Shogon
07-28-2019, 07:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJpCIfigQ00

Delusional ****. :roll: :roll:

"I'm gonna go to the ATM. And I'm gonna sell my house. And I'm gonna put all my money on DeMarcus Cousins." :roll: :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INcM6Q6YlpU

HAHAHAHAHA.

No woman is going to be transcendent enough to legitimately beat out the thousands of professional basketball playing men who can’t make the NBA.

You will always have the strength issue. The female version of Steph Curry would legitimately be like 60% of his strength. This question has absolutely nothing to do with a woman being good enough because that isn’t going to be the reason it happens.

Yes, I'm aware. And I know that you know that. But there is always the possibility that it COULD happen one day legitimately, and I welcome that, though it's beyond extremely unlikely.

I really hope someone does it though for PC purposes. Again... just to see them repeatedly get shit on. How amazing it would be. Please let it happen.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 08:12 AM
I dont know that it could happen with men given an equal chance to make it. You have to throw out 4s and 5s for obvious reasons. These days 3s are pretty much 4s. Its gonna need to be a godly playmaking/handles point who can run a team or the best female shooter ever....and even then...it would be in spot duty id assume for defensive reasons.

Women are so far behind men in sports. Even men from the past. Even in those where increases in training give you more of an edge over people from the past than basketball would. Flo Jo is still the fastest woman ever and her 100M time was about the same as the fastest man from 1930. Its possible no woman will catch Jesse Owens in our lifetimes....though Flo Jos best time would have won the Bronze in the 36 Olympics with Owens.

A woman who is good enough to be the worst defensive guard in the NBA but an above average shooter still shouldnt beat out a good defensive scrub in the euroleague.

But one will. Just a matter of when.

Shogon
07-28-2019, 08:17 AM
You're saying that it's an impossibility for a woman to make the league legitimately? Not even I would go that far. Now who's the sexist?

It is very unlikely. We're talking 99.999999999999% unlikely, but I won't write off the possibility that a woman could legitimately make it one day. You never know what the future holds. Freaks come and go... it COULD happen in a legitimate fashion, but it probably won't in my lifetime.

If the league adds a woman in my lifetime, it'll probably be for PR/PC purposes. Not because she deserves it. Like I said... I welcome someone deserving it, it probably won't happen in my lifetime.

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2019, 08:23 AM
major reach

will never happen

and your motives are weak too

Overdrive
07-28-2019, 08:29 AM
Women are so far behind men in sports. Even men from the past. Even in those where increases in training give you more of an edge over people from the past than basketball would. Flo Jo is still the fastest woman ever and her 100M time was about the same as the fastest man from 1930. Its possible no woman will catch Jesse Owens in our lifetimes....though Flo Jos best time would have won the Bronze in the 36 Olympics with Owens.

Sound like a crazy gap when in reality it's just a 10,8% gap between Bolt and her. A 10,8% gap between the worst NBA player and the best WNBA player would give her a legit shot at a roster spot.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2019, 08:31 AM
You're saying that it's an impossibility for a woman to make the league legitimately? Not even I would go that far. Now who's the sexist?

It is very unlikely. We're talking 99.999999999999% unlikely, but I won't write off the possibility that a woman could legitimately make it one day. You never know what the future holds. Freaks come and go... it COULD happen in a legitimate fashion, but it probably won't in my lifetime.

If the league adds a woman in my lifetime, it'll probably be for PR/PC purposes. Not because she deserves it. Like I said... I welcome someone deserving it, it probably won't happen in my lifetime.

I don't think a woman will ever legitimately deserve a spot in the NBA. I think most people don't. I'm not sure that makes Kblaze a sexist. He's espousing what is nearly a unanimous consensus.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 08:31 AM
Aliens could wipe out life on earth tomorrow. But im not taking "could" that far into the unlikely. If we are just gonna go with things that are technically possible we are just having ridiculous conversations all day. The Hornets could win the title this season if an insane number of unlikely things happen. But the 1 in 200 billion? That really worth a conversation?

I will say with the change in emphasis to shooting from deep and women becoming much better shooters....it would be a lot easier to justify. But you arent gonna have a woman vs a man in a fair competition anyway. A woman who was even close to legit earning it would get the nod over an equal man id say.

A woman that awesome? It would be bad business not to take over over the 400 similar men.

For that reason it wouldnt come down to pure talent. It would be a business decision. A woman as good at basketball as a legit euroleague backup 2 guard would get an NBA spot in a second. And she would "deserve" it like that guy would. Plenty of them make it briefly. But she would have a better chance than he would if only for the other considerations.....so I dont know if we would see a woman make it purely off talent. Because even if she had it....talent isnt the only factor.

All the other factors would give her an unfair advantage. She would be too valuable to leave off the squad.

Kblaze8855
07-28-2019, 08:34 AM
Sound like a crazy gap when in reality it's just a 10,8% gap between Bolt and her. A 10,8% gap between the worst NBA player and the best WNBA player would give her a legit shot at a roster spot.

It sounds close till you watch that 10.8% in an actual race.

Its all close as in....naked eye just seeing two fast people run. But in the sport where the slowest person is still the fastest person you will ever see in your life? Its a huge difference.

dbugz
07-28-2019, 08:37 AM
I would average 50ppg a game in wnba

:pimp:

zeerghit
07-28-2019, 08:42 AM

dude just stop it.
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
if i remember correctly u-13 ajax boys beat netherlands national team aswell..

90sgoat
07-28-2019, 08:45 AM
You'll have a tranny in the WNBA being MVP before a woman in the NBA:lol

I have played against women, more likely "girls", as a junior and it's just so difficult to know how hard you can go. There's just something in the male psyche about not wanting to destroy a woman. So you sort of play easy going defense, but make sure to shut her down on shots, so you don't get embarassed.

On offense though? You just do whatever you want.

That's how I see it. A woman could play on offense for the reasons mentioned, but she would be destroyed so bad on defense.

I mean, I could score every time I wanted, with ease, against the absolute best women in my ballclub back then. And probably already when I was 15 or 16 or so and not more than 170cm and definitely not a full grown man.

Already then I remember me and my brother eviscerating the best female teen players. Players who had been on select teams and national tryouts. Just no contest at all. You'd "walk" to the basket with a simple 2 dribble power move.

Then again, when my brother and I had our growth spurt and reached full size and height at 18-20, we played some 16 year old boys who were like talents or something and we won, in a hard fought game, despite those boys would be much better than us in a few years.

TL/DR size matters and strenth matters A LOT.

Bronbron23
07-28-2019, 09:10 AM
Nah man. One woman making a NBA roster would be huge and would be ratings gold. Most men would tune in to see her fail and women would tune in hopes she does well. If a woman made and actually played it would be the most watched NBA game ever.

tpols
07-28-2019, 09:12 AM

juwana man. :oldlol: :lol

Overdrive
07-28-2019, 09:13 AM
It sounds close till you watch that 10.8% in an actual race.

Its all close as in....naked eye just seeing two fast people run. But in the sport where the slowest person is still the fastest person you will ever see in your life? Its a huge difference.

Of course the 10% is the difference between dead dead last and world record holder, but a 10% drop off between NBA players is the difference between Lebron and Paul George. It get's more marginal for 12th men. 3/2/1 guy? 10% drop off?

Jameerthefear
07-28-2019, 09:29 AM
Of course the 10% is the difference between dead dead last and world record holder, but a 10% drop off between NBA players is the difference between Lebron and Paul George. It get's more marginal for 12th men. 3/2/1 guy? 10% drop off?
You have no idea what you're talking about dude. That's a lifetime in a 100m

Mr Feeny
07-28-2019, 10:11 AM

That's just speed. There is going to be a sizable chasm when it comes to strength, leaping ability, speed, and pretty much any indicator of athleticism.

eurobum
07-28-2019, 10:18 AM
In about fifteen or twenty years or so. Things that need to happen:

- Decriminalization of drugs including PEDs
- Adaptation policies of sensible usage of drugs in sports
- Pelvic surgery on women to undergo essentially a masculinization of anatomy

Then we need an already world class athlete, think a 6'2" female Usain Bolt to undergo the surgery and a sustained hormonal and drug treatment

Wally450
07-28-2019, 10:19 AM

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

MaxPlayer
07-28-2019, 10:24 AM
I don't think it would be the "huge story" the OP suggests, because everyone would recognize it as a total gimmick.

StrongLurk
07-28-2019, 10:57 AM
Something like this would surely backfire on the NBA.

One, it's clearly patronizing to woman considering it would be an entirely promotional/spectacle event. Giving women their own league to dominate (WNBA) is clearly the best option.

Two, people DO hate this kind of stuff...OP you want to say hey it's 2019 this kind of stuff will happen soon, but these last couple years have shown there are just as many, if not MORE people, who would push back at this kind of event because they are tired of the narrative of "everything has to be equal no matter what".

I think it would be an entirely dumb move for women and for fans. If I was a little girl, I wouldn't be inspired by an event like this at all.

ralph_i_el
07-28-2019, 10:59 AM
One day there's going to be a true freak of a woman who is good enough.

I truly believe we'll see a lady out there playing like the poor-man's Steve Nash one day.

Y'all don't think Diana Taurasi could survive some garbage time minutes? Some pretty small and unathletic players survive in those minutes. Plenty of guys at the gym down the road from me are bigger and jump higher than like Chris Duhon, yet he has the game to make the NBA. Is he a better court general than Taurasi? I don't think so.

ralph_i_el
07-28-2019, 11:02 AM
Nah man. One woman making a NBA roster would be huge and would be ratings gold. Most men would tune in to see her fail and women would tune in hopes she does well. If a woman made and actually played it would be the most watched NBA game ever.

More people watched Yao play Yi than there are in America.

bullettooth
07-28-2019, 11:23 AM
https://media.balls.ie/uploads/2017/12/12141843/Julie.jpg

andgar923
07-28-2019, 12:40 PM
If there was ever a period where a woman could be in the NBA it's now like OP mentioned.

Funny/odd/strange I was thinking just the exact same thing earlier this week as the WNBA all star game is near and somehow a girl balling appeared on my YouTube feed.

Is it time?

For all the reasons the OP mentioned, the period is prime due to the lack of physical play and emphasis on perimeter play.

Im sure there's a pro player out there that can hang with NBA players. Hell, I remember stories of women balling with pro players back then. Im sure there's women that could ball better than some of the bench players out there and fill certain roles.

Like the OP said, it won't be a tall player cause they'd get murdered by NBA bigs. It would have to be a 5'10-6 woman with crazy speed and deadly jumper. Women can shoot just as good as men, basketball quickness isn't the same as sprint quickness either.

She'd probably play 3 minutes a game and get an open bucket here and there. I aint ever worried about defence since most dudes aren't and can't play anyway so....

I don't doubt there's a woman out there that can make the team today.

90sgoat
07-28-2019, 01:05 PM
There are no women in the WNBA who could make even a D3 college team.

RRR3
07-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Shogon is so triggered by women lmao

bison
07-28-2019, 01:10 PM
A woman could be a good spot up shooter, but what’s really holding them back is that they would be an immense defensive liability.

Overdrive
07-28-2019, 01:16 PM
You have no idea what you're talking about dude. That's a lifetime in a 100m

10% is 10%. Her WR time is would net her the 49th place in the 2008 Pejing olympics.

That's just speed. There is going to be a sizable chasm when it comes to strength, leaping ability, speed, and pretty much any indicator of athleticism.

Of course. I'm just saying that a 10% drop off in basketball could suffice for a woman to get a roster spot.

The drop off is way bigger anyway so it won't happen that soon.

andgar923
07-28-2019, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=bison]A woman could be a good spot up shooter, but what

andgar923
07-28-2019, 01:21 PM
One day there's going to be a true freak of a woman who is good enough.

I truly believe we'll see a lady out there playing like the poor-man's Steve Nash one day.

Y'all don't think Diana Taurasi could survive some garbage time minutes? Some pretty small and unathletic players survive in those minutes. Plenty of guys at the gym down the road from me are bigger and jump higher than like Chris Duhon, yet he has the game to make the NBA. Is he a better court general than Taurasi? I don't think so.

Exactly

We're focusing too much on athleticism when the game aint about that, specially in today's 3pt shooting era.

There's been women that are more athletic than Nash, and have a similar game. Ya'll saying that there aint a woman out there that can't be last person off the bench on some teams under the right system?

bullettooth
07-28-2019, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=bison]A woman could be a good spot up shooter, but what

stalkerforlife
07-28-2019, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Let

eliteballer
07-28-2019, 02:52 PM
I don't care if a woman can shoot like Curry, they will never be able to handle the play by play physicality and speed of grown men playing serious ball, especially at the NBA level.

Rudeboy3
07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Thats gonna happen. Soon.

Damn, aren't you like 40? Shouldn't you have grown out of this edgy phase already? And you have the audacity to try and call me out :facepalm

RRR3
07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
If Jimmer got 35 minutes a game with a 25% usage, he'd be a candidate for NBA MVP.
You don’t actually believe this.

warriorfan
07-28-2019, 02:55 PM
Who

Shogon
07-28-2019, 02:56 PM
Shogon is so triggered by women lmao

No, dumbass. I'm triggered by stupid people telling me that men and women are equal.

They aren't.

They have different strengths and weaknesses. That's cold hard reality.

Women are more emotionally nurturing and loving, generally speaking. They're also prone to emotional mood swings due to chemical differences.

Men are physically and emotionally superior to women in terms of managing themselves and their thoughts.

The smartest men are smarter than the smartest women, the dumbest men are dumber than the dumbest women, and on average women are probably more intelligent there in the middle.

They deserve equal rights as human beings and that's as far as the line goes. Period. Because they aren't equal.

bigkingsfan
07-28-2019, 02:57 PM
"If you could put me in a machine that could make me 6-foot-5 and as strong as they were, I could play in the NBA," Taurasi said. "When you talk about how physically superior they are. ... I can't help it. [Sue] can't help it. Skill-wise, knowing the game, there's no difference between men and women ... it would be really hard. It's a long shot."

TheMan
07-28-2019, 02:59 PM
If a woman ever does make an NBA roster in the future and ISH is still around...I can imagine all the older heads making fun of that future NBA, saying stuff like...weakest era ever confirmed, even women are making it to the league :lol

Trollsmasher
07-28-2019, 03:04 PM
i swear you have to be an incel who has never seen a female move if you think a woman is ever making NBA, or NFL or a top 2000 in the ATP or anything else

they can't even compete in fvcking chess

TheMan
07-28-2019, 03:04 PM
I don't care if a woman can shoot like Curry, they will never be able to handle the play by play physicality and speed of grown men playing serious ball, especially at the NBA level.
This

These guys just don't understand how huge a gap there is between men and women. George Mikan would destroy the WNBA today. :facepalm

warriorfan
07-28-2019, 03:07 PM
No, dumbass. I'm triggered by stupid people telling me that men and women are equal.

They aren't.

Women are more emotionally nurturing and loving, generally speaking. They're also prone to emotional mood swings due to chemical differences.

Men are physically and emotionally superior to women in terms of managing themselves and their thoughts.

The smartest men are smarter than the smartest women, the dumbest men are dumber than the dumbest women, and on average women are probably more intelligent there in the middle.

They deserve equal rights as human beings and that's as far as the line goes. Period. Because they aren't equal.

Truth. There are some things men are better at, there are some things women are better at. In a healthy family both have their roles and are able to work together as a team and cover up for each others weaker points. More and more now those female strengths are being socially devalued. Being a homemaker isn

Shogon
07-28-2019, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=warriorfan]Truth. There are some things men are better at, there are some things women are better at. In a healthy family both have their roles and are able to work together as a team and cover up for each others weaker points. More and more now those female strengths are being socially devalued. Being a homemaker isn

eliteballer
07-28-2019, 03:42 PM

They aren't.

All baloney until I see some actual scientific studies published in journals posted.

FKAri
07-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Well physiologically women should be better shooters than men if all other things are equal (talent pool, effort, etc). But that's about it. So if a woman were to legitimately have a shot at making an NBA roster she'd have to be a supernatural shooter.

Shogon
07-28-2019, 03:59 PM
All baloney until I see some actual scientific studies published in journals posted.

I mean you should probably just open your eyes, talk to people, and generally experience life. You're the same denier of racial IQ discrepancies and boil it all down to "white man bad" lmaooooo.

But here you go. I just googled about emotions. It took 2 seconds. I'm not googling anything else.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sexual-personalities/201504/are-women-more-emotional-men

madmax
07-28-2019, 06:29 PM
riiight, and wouldn't that be such an uplifting and PC thing to accomplish!:lol

In fact, why stop with the females there? Let's put a 12 year old kid or a grandpa in his 80s on a crutches on a basketball court too - at the end of the day, it's all in the name of game and it's promotion worldwide, correct? How about big fat NO!:sleeping

senelcoolidge
07-28-2019, 06:33 PM
The better question would be how long until some guy who thinks he's a girl is given a spot on an wNBA roster.

ralph_i_el
07-28-2019, 06:38 PM
If Jimmer got 35 minutes a game with a 25% usage, he'd be a candidate for NBA MVP.

Any team that gave him that role wouldn't make the playoffs, so he wouldn't be a candidate

RRR3
07-28-2019, 06:48 PM

They aren't.

Triggered :lol

RRR3
07-28-2019, 06:48 PM
I mean you should probably just open your eyes, talk to people, and generally experience life. You're the same denier of racial IQ discrepancies and boil it all down to "white man bad" lmaooooo.

But here you go. I just googled about emotions. It took 2 seconds. I'm not googling anything else.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sexual-personalities/201504/are-women-more-emotional-men
Lmao this dude definitely believes in eugenics.

But I ain

PickernRoller
07-28-2019, 07:01 PM
I could see a transexual first.

soots
07-29-2019, 01:10 AM
Next 5 years. People can already choose their genders at will now.

Only a matter of time until we get like a Rodman who identifies as a female

MrFonzworth
07-29-2019, 01:27 AM
i swear you have to be an incel who has never seen a female move if you think a woman is ever making NBA, or NFL or a top 2000 in the ATP or anything else

they can't even compete in fvcking chess
Wrong you stupid piece of shit.

Yifan is schooling super GMs as a side hustle while getting her degree at the top school in China.

Judit Polgar was a top 10 player at one point.

There were some top 100 players that were killed during ww2 that were women.

Smoke117
07-29-2019, 02:50 AM
Hopefully within the next five years. I want to laugh at the hilarity before my liver gives out.

sportjames23
07-29-2019, 02:54 AM
Hopefully within the next five years. I want to laugh at the hilarity before my liver gives out.

Shit, at that rate, you'd better hope it's in the next year or two.

Mr Feeny
07-29-2019, 04:32 AM

Are there a lot of transsexual athletes?

BigTicket
07-29-2019, 04:46 AM
I could see that happening within the next 10 years. It would be easy for a team to do this for promotional reasons in a summer league / pre-season game.

Regular season is harder, but it could happen as a 10-day contract for a team near the end of the season, especially if the team is already eliminated from the playoffs at that point.

Vino24
07-29-2019, 08:48 AM
They going to have to build a woman

Shogon
07-29-2019, 09:25 AM
[QUOTE=Vino24]They going to have to build a woman

MaxPlayer
07-29-2019, 09:48 AM

While I would say that the extent of racial IQ differences remains very controversial due to a number of factors, the existence of gender IQ (and other attribute) differences at the extremes has some very plausible evolutionary explanations. And indeed empirically it has been observed that males have a much wider bell curve across several dimensions than females. For example, there are many more male geniuses than female geniuses, but there are also many more male criminals and mental patients.

The important factors: 1.) Sperm is very cheap relative to eggs/wombs 2.) Humans were mostly polygamous throughout their evolutionary history.

So, imagine that your goal is to maximize your number of 2nd generation offspring (grandchildren.) Suppose there exists a "high-risk" mutation that has a chance to create a genetic prodigy, but also has a chance to create a defective individual. Suppose you know each offspring's gender. Which ones would you give the high-risk gene to?

Logically, it would be the males. In the case of the females, even an "average" individual is likely to have the opportunity to have the maximum number of children, due to the relative abundance of sperm. But that number is capped biologically at probably less than 20. So the upside of the high-risk gene for females is low. From a reproductive standpoint, they are the "play-it-safe" gender option.

In the case of males, there's virtually no limit to the number of offspring they can potentially father. One Turkish Sultan reportedly fathered over 1,000 biological children. In a polygamous society, it's entirely possible than an "average" male could be shut out of breeding opportunities altogether by the male genetic elite. (Interestingly, this logic can also explain the psychological persistence of wealth envy.) So males, by contrast, are naturally the "high-risk, high-reward" gender from a reproductive standpoint. It makes sense, then, that evolution would be more likely to "roll the dice" with males by tending to give them risky mutations.

What this all means is that the "elite" in any particular field (the right side of the bell curve) is likely to be dominated by males.

Hey Yo
07-29-2019, 09:55 AM
OP says:

Most importantly?

A 48% shooter from 3.
Isn't the 3pt line shorter for WNBA?

Don't they use a smaller basketball than what the NBA uses?

Kblaze8855
07-29-2019, 10:50 AM
WNBA line is the same as the men

Vino24
07-29-2019, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]WNBA line is the same as the men

Hey Yo
07-29-2019, 11:35 AM

TheMan
07-29-2019, 01:10 PM
Shit, at that rate, you'd better hope it's in the next year or two.
:oldlol:

I think Smoke's biggest threat is getting killed by someone...hopefully for his sake, he drinks by himself because he's an angry drunk...being an angry drunk in public is not the best combo.

Shogon
07-29-2019, 01:19 PM

MrFonzworth
07-29-2019, 01:31 PM
Then why the need to use the gimmick smaller ball??

Their games might get more respect if they used a regulation sized ball and NBA 3pt lines.
All the WNBA highlights you see on ESPN simply wouldnt be the same with the regulation ball.

DaHeezy
07-29-2019, 01:33 PM

It's also a disrespect to the thousands of men who've tried to earn a spot in the NBA.

Doing things for the sake of feminism is really wearing thin. And sound like you want this to happen out of spite Blaze. You want this to happen for all the wrong reasons

Reward is earned, not given

tpols
07-29-2019, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Lmao this dude definitely believes in eugenics.

But I ain

Vino24
07-29-2019, 04:39 PM
Records would be set for most shots blocked

Dinosaurus
07-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Don't see it happening, not just for talent reasons but even in sports where women excel we don't often see women jumping on the men's teams we usually just see an integrated game with set quotas (doubles tennis/netball) or we see the women's league take off in it's own right.

ralph_i_el
07-29-2019, 11:04 PM

Let us know how it goes.

jbryan1984
07-29-2019, 11:07 PM
At the end of the day, its simply not fair. Males are the dominant sex. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with females rights. Its no different then why little league doesn't play against varsity.

Kblaze8855
10-14-2019, 08:28 PM
https://youtu.be/55ke_vEAgpo

She

DoctorP
10-14-2019, 08:29 PM
is a dick a prerequisite to be in the league?

Stephonit
10-14-2019, 10:24 PM
I disagree strongly that there would be no downside.

Increased attention from those who would want to see her fail increases risk of something bad happening. The attention of men on the team would increase the risk of some scandal. If it turns into a quickly aborted attempt it would become a cautionary tale that might delay or prevent any future attempt.

If any woman was to ever join a team that woman would need to deserve it outright and not be some stunt and even then there are lots of factors that would militate against even trying.

bison
10-14-2019, 10:30 PM
I don

Mask the Embiid
10-14-2019, 10:35 PM
Why not give females a chance!?White players are already at a huge genetic disadvantage, yet survive.I dont see why women wouldnt be able to survive in the league too :confusedshrug:

FKAri
10-14-2019, 10:39 PM
I'm more curious about if we will allow aliens to play in the NBA. What if they can levitate? What if they're 20 feet tall and just blocking everything with their 12 appendages from anywhere on the court? How will we accommodate them? These are the important issues the league needs to be looking into.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2020, 03:12 PM
https://youtu.be/S8DGRHN4YZs

FultzNationRISE
11-28-2020, 03:35 PM
So brave :bowdown:

Definitely just earned herself an ESPY’s Courage Award :applause:

ralph_i_el
11-28-2020, 03:36 PM
The problem is the same as baseball-softball. A different ball makes the transfer over more difficult. Of course the difference is bigger between baseball and softball, but those are also non-contact sports.

I'm still with KBlaze on this one. The level of play in the WNBA his skyrocketed, but a lot of people haven't caught on yet. If you're more into basketball than hype, it can be very entertaining. Maybe I'm just lucky that I get the Mystics :confusedshrug:

FultzNationRISE
11-28-2020, 03:42 PM
The problem is the same as baseball-softball. A different ball makes the transfer over more difficult. Of course the difference is bigger between baseball and softball, but those are also non-contact sports.

I'm still with KBlaze on this one. The level of play in the WNBA his skyrocketed, but a lot of people haven't caught on yet. If you're more into basketball than hype, it can be very entertaining. Maybe I'm just lucky that I get the Mystics :confusedshrug:

The WNBA is in general pretty skilled and high IQ. Similar to Euro leagues in that regard, or how college basketball used to be played.

The NBA is really the only basketball league thats basically just a 1 on 1 chest thumping competition with rap music in the background. Yet it’s the most popular league by far.

Im not really sure what that says or what it means tbh, but it’s the way it is.