PDA

View Full Version : Zion signs with Nike because of his idol...

TheMan
07-29-2019, 01:51 PM
Micheal "Air" Jordan :bowdown:

Skip to the 4:00 min mark...

Kid grew up smack in the middle of LeBron's era yet this kid idolizes MJ (like James himself), who retired when Zion was literally a baby :eek:

https://youtu.be/8k3faZfKfHM

Another one :rockon:

superduper
07-29-2019, 02:03 PM
ANOTHA WON.

Welcome to the Mamba fam Zion :rockon:

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2019, 02:11 PM
I LOVE that he is not beta, quite refreshing.

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 02:13 PM
And this means exactly what Op? Can you give us an explanation for why this has you overjoyed?

superduper
07-29-2019, 02:16 PM
And this means exactly what Op? Can you give us an explanation for why this has you overjoyed?

The same reason it's making you insecure :dancin

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 02:21 PM
The same reason it's making you insecure :dancin
Insecure? Nah I grew up a more hardcore Jordan stan than you'll ever be buddy :oldlol:
Op felt it was important enough to make a celebratory topic, so i took the opportunity to dive into the mind of a _____. Hopefully Op's answer helps me fill in the blank.

Shogon
07-29-2019, 02:38 PM
Realize that Zion wasn't even born when Jordan won his last title and retired with the Bulls for the second time.

Realize that Zion was 2 years old when Jordan retired for the second time.

Realize that Zion has literally never actually seen his "idol" play a single live second of NBA basketball, and has probably never even sat through a full game on a replay.

Realize that Zion's actual favorite player probably was and is LeBron James.

Realize that Zion is retarded.

Realize that you, in point of actual fact, are retarded.

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2019, 02:40 PM
Realize that Zion's favorite player actually probably was and is LeBron James.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shogon
07-29-2019, 02:50 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nobody’s favorite player / idol is from a time before they were even born.

Nobody’s.

Now to sit there and say “I think Jordan is the GOAT” is totally different from him being your idol or favorite player if you literally never even watched a single game. It’s more honest and believable. But to claim he’s your idol? Haha.

But sports fan root for players that are active. They don’t sit around dwelling on guys that retired before they were even an itch in their dad’s balls.

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Nobody

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2019, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=Shogon]Nobody

superduper
07-29-2019, 02:57 PM
I don't disagree with you on that, I believe the same thing. I just find it hilarious how you are telling people to "realize" that his favorite player was LeBron James :oldlol:

Is it impossible? No, ofc not. Just funny that you assume it and tell us to realize that it is.

That was but a very minor glimpse into the deluded mind of a Bran stan and their sick and twisted thought process.

scuzzy
07-29-2019, 03:02 PM
Whew lad

TFW you're insta sorted in the 'I never saw Zion lace up in HS or Duke' Fam :oldlol:

https://i.postimg.cc/Kv99TjwN/Dh1-Zom2-Xc-AAC2vc.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/15RC4wCX/sdfjhghkfhjkbnm.jpg

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 03:02 PM
That was but a very minor glimpse into the deluded mind of a Bran stan and their sick and twisted thought process.
and somehow he's just a drop in the bucket compared to the delusional ocean that is your mind..........

LAmbruh
07-29-2019, 03:06 PM
Whew lad

TFW you're insta sorted in the 'I never saw Zion lace up in HS or Duke' Fam :oldlol:

OH NOOOOOOO

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER :roll: :roll:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l46CbUJPXiDPEkJcA/giphy.gif

bigkingsfan
07-29-2019, 03:06 PM
He signed with Nike because it financially made the most sense, his idol is the almighty $.

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2019, 03:16 PM
Whew lad

That's all it takes? I got a pair of Lebron 15s and a Lakers Lebron jersey, is he my favorite player too?

LAmbruh
07-29-2019, 03:22 PM
"daddy inspired"

https://i.postimg.cc/kgS4hHpZ/silver-zion2.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/d11XHbFq/Cv-LF4-Mm-WEAAONWt.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bvBqyHWb/dfghdfgdfg.png

scuzzy
07-29-2019, 03:36 PM
"daddy inspired"

https://i.postimg.cc/bvBqyHWb/dfghdfgdfg.png
Sheesh LMAO

Butt Sore Brick Back Mountain Brigade with absolute zero knowledge of those relentless hightop Bron jabs when his shoe exploded during Madness :lol

if only their precious +/- halftime spreads would drip these type of notifications

Shogon
07-29-2019, 03:47 PM
"daddy inspired"

I

scuzzy
07-29-2019, 03:48 PM
I LOVE that he is not beta, quite refreshing.

That's all it takes? I got a pair of Lebron 15s and a Lakers Lebron jersey, is he my favorite player too?

lmao @ this steaming mega melt

little guy went from shitting his diapers from title excitement, to pissing himself in emotional rage over parallel context

DivaDonna_Sajo supplying ISH with those big girl tears :oldlol:

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 03:50 PM
Lmao the forum b1tch has made such a huge deal of calling dibs on Zion, he now finds himself posting nonsense as the kid clearly states which camp he belongs too.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Another day, another L for the bitch boi.

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Lmao the forum b1tch has made such a huge deal of calling dibs on Zion, he now finds himself posting nonsense as the kid clearly states which camp he belongs too.

Another day, another L for the bitch boi.
real question, all trolling aside. Can you legitimately have an "idol" who did his business before your actual birth?

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 04:00 PM
real question, all trolling aside. Can you legitimately have an "idol" who did his business before your actual birth?

If you watch tape yes. Just like a politician who idolizes an important political figure of old.

Now even if we entertain the clear trolling suggestion in your post to not take him seriously at his word, there is only one player that is considered the spiritual successor to Jordan, that fits your timing criteria and that is Kobe Bryant...

We win either way. :hammertime:

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 04:10 PM
If you watch tape yes. Just like a politician who idolizes an important political figure of old.

Now even if we entertain the clear trolling suggestion in your post to not take him seriously at his word, there is only one player that is considered the spiritual successor to Jordan, that fits your timing criteria and that is Kobe Bryant...

We win either way. :hammertime:
No you're likely incapable of understanding my intention. A political figure is a far cry from an athlete. We love our favorite athletes becuase of achievements and great moments we actually witnessed as it unfolded. There's an emotional and nostalgic quality to these things that don't exist if you watched film. Nobody gets chills watching film of something they didn't experience or understand the context behind.

And dude Zion was 10 the last time Kobe did anything of significance. I understand your inherent need to bash or what not, but at least, at least try to make sense while you do it.

Shogon
07-29-2019, 04:11 PM
No you're likely incapable of understanding my intention. A political figure is a far cry from an athlete. We love our favorite athletes becuase of achievements and great moments we actually witnessed as it unfolded. There's an emotional and nostalgic quality to these things that don't exist if you watched film. Nobody gets chills watching film of something they didn't experience or understand the context behind.

And dude Zion was 10 the last time Kobe did anything of significance. I understand your inherent need to bash or what not, but at least, at least try to make sense while you do it.

:applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-29-2019, 04:22 PM
The mental gymnastics ITT are top notch.

superduper
07-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Imagine if he said he slobbed Bran, these clowns would be singing it to the clouds :oldlol:

RRR3
07-29-2019, 04:24 PM
The mental gymnastics ITT are top notch.
Welcome to ISH :oldlol:

MaxPlayer
07-29-2019, 04:28 PM
TBF it's a lot easier to to admit to idolizing someone that you'll never have to actually play against. If he says he idolizes Lebron, then has a shitty game against LAL, people will say he was star-struck.

superduper
07-29-2019, 04:33 PM
TBF it's a lot easier to to admit to idolizing someone that you'll never have to actually play against. If he says he idolizes Lebron, then has a shitty game against LAL, people will say he was star-struck.

Kid says he idolizes someone and Bran stans that can't accept it are making up their own stories in their heads as to why he didn't pick Bran :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

egokiller
07-29-2019, 04:44 PM
Anyone who thought LeBron would be the next MJ was proven dead wrong. Zion probably feels bad about being wrong.

:roll:

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 04:51 PM

Lol you're a low feeder troll which I'm entertaining just for fun.... your intention is clear and this is an easy one.

Zion can idolize Jordan just for the gravity alone of his persona, what he meant and means to the game - winning, hard work, and above all, excellence.... and that is what he inspires. Those things are universal, and you don't need to witness that in person to know about it or praise it and idolize it. That's putting aside the fact that, just like reading a book for a politician, watching tape of an old great provides more insight into the man (idol).

You can keep sucking that bitter c0ck in your mouth. :oldlol: :oldlol:

LAmbruh
07-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Do feels for Brick stains stuck in limbo, consensus 12th, on edge. Indefinetly

It sucks bc you know they would love to squeeze in a Top 17 draft picks megathread, asset value worth of Vlade Divac, guys who got those 250k Addidas participation starter packs.

Poor Shaq even had to FMVP his luggage handler out that sweatshop deal

Top #1 HS phenoms only, Unani #1 picks only

White Tux or No Lucks

superduper
07-29-2019, 04:53 PM
Lol you're a low feeder troll which I'm entertaining just for fun.... your intention is clear and this is an easy one.

Zion can idolize Jordan just for the gravity alone of his persona, what he meant and means to the game - winning, hard work, and above all, excellence.... and that is what he inspires. Those things are universal, and you don't need to witness that in person to know about it or praise it and idolize it. That's putting aside the fact that, just like reading a book for a politician, watching tape of an old great provides more insight into the man (idol).

Bu buh Zion didn't pick Bran because they might face eachother and what will the media say?!?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

superduper
07-29-2019, 04:54 PM
Do feels for Brick stains stuck in limbo, consensus 12th, on edge. Indefinetly

It sucks bc you know they would love to squeeze Top 17 draft picks, asset value of Vlade Divac, who got those 250k Addidas participation starter packs.

Poor Shaq even had to FMVP his luggage handler out that sweatshop deal

Top #1 HS phenoms only

White Tux or No Lucks

We're talking about Zion, MJ, Bran.

What the FK does Kobe have to do with this :biggums: :biggums:

Kobe haters keeping him relevant on a daily basis LONG past retirement.

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 04:55 PM

Already got the b1tch activating his reserve force. :oldlol:

Making some strong leash these days. I can be gone for months and still have them at the tip of my command.

egokiller
07-29-2019, 05:20 PM

Already got the b1tch activating his reserve force. :oldlol:

Making some strong leash these days. I can be gone for months and still have them at the tip of my command.

LAmbruh
07-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Today, 04:53 PM

Today, 04:54 PM

Today, 04:55 PM

damn, putting up prime mid season reply times :oldlol:

Easy going, casting with boxes of TNT, summer daycare treated like starved piranhas, pacing back n forth, anxious to unravel what daddy gonna type next

perhaps this year one fanmails 500 word essays gets read

a D-list groupie 1 time raffle, Willy Wonka appreciation

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 05:44 PM

Boiling... :roll: :roll:

And to say I even spared them the whole free-agent season, and boi was it ripe for the picking...

But I'm benevolent.

How you been ego... making that mad dough as always?

sdot_thadon
07-29-2019, 05:54 PM

Not a shred of troll in my post it was a serious question, although i get asking the village idiots of ish serious questions never go well. I idolized guys like Mj, Rice, Montana, Mike Tyson, etc growing up becuase i saw them do the things they did and win in the moment. I didn't idolize Wilt or Dr.J, whom all the adults in my life told me were better than Jordan. Just like you idolize Kobe, he was the hero of your youth. Kobe stans don't idolize Mj because they were too small or still a twinkle in dad's eye at that point. But don't let common sense get in the way of Kobe-ing aka bricking bad attempts like your idol did...

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 06:01 PM
But I idolize MJ, and I've always given mad respect to Dr. J in my all-time ranking.

Have had Dr. J above Bran for the longest time tbh...

That no one except a few lost screws give a sh1t about Bran is telling about how well his "legacy" will age...

I want to feel bad for his fans, I truly do.... but...

MaxPlayer
07-29-2019, 07:22 PM
We're talking about Zion, MJ, Bran.

What the FK does Kobe have to do with this :biggums: :biggums:

Kobe haters keeping him relevant on a daily basis LONG past retirement.

YEAH!

o wait... who brought up Lebron? :hammerhead:

TheMan
07-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Triggered :roll:

TheMan
07-29-2019, 07:35 PM
Realize that Zion wasn't even born when Jordan won his last title and retired with the Bulls for the second time.

Realize that Zion has literally never actually seen his "idol" play a single live second of NBA basketball, and has probably never even sat through a full game on a replay.

Realize that you are triggered.

Realize that you have absolutely no idea if Zion watched full game videos of MJ or not (there all over YouTube you idiot)

Realize that I'm just the messenger, it's been public that he's a Jordan fan

Realize that he turned down more money from other shoe companies to sign with Nike

Realize that you don't have to be so butthurt about it

FOH

:yaohappy:

egokiller
07-29-2019, 07:46 PM

Realize that you have absolutely no idea if Zion watched full game videos of MJ or not (there all over YouTube you idiot)

Realize that he turned down more money from other shoe companies to sign with Nike

FOH

baby boomers - MJ is GOAT
gen X - MJ is GOAT
early millennials - MJ is GOAT
very small % of late millennials - LeBron is GOAT
gen Z - MJ is GOAT
future gen AA - MJ is GOAT
future gen BB - MJ is GOAT
etc
etc

Notice the pattern? One group of fans is completely delusional :lol

TheMan
07-29-2019, 07:47 PM
Ha, never thought my thread would have Bran stans making all sorts of excuses to why Zion has named MJ as his idol, lol. This from a fan base that stans an MJ Stan himself...where do you think LeBron's #23 comes from you retards :roll:

PickernRoller
07-29-2019, 07:51 PM

FOH

Not sure why that alt made the move from OTC to here. Told him it was better for them if they stayed there in their safe space. Only have to deal with Someblackdude - which is already too much work for them.

TheMan
07-29-2019, 08:06 PM
baby boomers - MJ is GOAT
gen X - MJ is GOAT
early millennials - MJ is GOAT
very small % of late millennials - LeBron is GOAT
gen Z - MJ is GOAT
future gen AA - MJ is GOAT
future gen BB - MJ is GOAT
etc
etc

Notice the pattern? One group of fans is completely delusional :lol
Yeah and they happen to be the worst generation ever, bunch of entitled incel cucks who need participation trophies and safe spaces, lol

If the generations behind them don't get better, I will truly worry about the Republic :(

egokiller
07-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Yeah and they happen to be the worst generation ever, bunch of entitled incel cucks who need participation trophies and safe spaces, lol

If the generations behind them don't get better, I will truly worry about the Republic :(

A generation that prides itself on given and not earned. Where "showing up" is the equivalent of winning. :lol Those born between 1989 and 1995 seem to be the most lost.

bigkingsfan
07-29-2019, 08:48 PM
A generation that prides itself on given and not earned. Where "showing up" is the equivalent of winning. :lol Those born between 1989 and 1995 seem to be the most lost.
***** please, you can't even show up on your old account.

egokiller
07-29-2019, 09:10 PM
***** please, you can't even show up on your old account.

Can

jstern
07-29-2019, 09:16 PM
There was a thread here about six months ago about how Jordan was Zion's favorite player growing up. At this stage, with YouTube, though he's not seeing the games live, if a kid is a fan of a retired player, they can become more familiar with that player and their style than any player currently playing.

The first time I saw Zion play I saw some Jordan influence.

Ha, never thought my thread would have Bran stans making all sorts of excuses to why Zion has named MJ as his idol, lol. This from a fan base that stans an MJ Stan himself...where do you think LeBron's #23 comes from you retards :roll:

Funny because it's true.

stalkerforlife
07-29-2019, 09:56 PM

Realize that you're triggered.

Pwease pwease pwease luv my Bran.

Shogon
07-29-2019, 10:37 PM
Realize that you're triggered.

Pwease pwease pwease luv my Bran.

Realize that you *********e with your own fecal matter while thinking about me.

stalkerforlife
07-30-2019, 12:02 AM
Realize that you *********e with your own fecal matter while thinking about me.

So?

ClipperRevival
07-30-2019, 12:30 AM
"Kingdom Come."

Fitting. From one GOAT to another. Zion got that MJ desire to compete and that is EVERYTHING. Dude cares about D because he truly understands trying on D means giving yourself the best chance to win. Not trying means you a b*tch.

sportjames23
07-30-2019, 01:01 AM
Micheal "Air" Jordan :bowdown:

Skip to the 4:00 min mark...

Kid grew up smack in the middle of LeBron's era yet this kid idolizes MJ (like James himself), who retired when Zion was literally a baby :eek:

https://youtu.be/8k3faZfKfHM

Another one :rockon:

Annnnnnd