PDA

View Full Version : Bernie vs. Donnie

Prometheus
07-30-2019, 09:20 PM
Let's be clear here... I am not arguing in favor of Bernie Sanders... or against him.

But if Bernie does manage to get the nomination...

Would it not be the most entertaining showdown in the history of televised Presidential campaigns? Whichever side you would support, I can't imagine anyone denying that it would be the ultimate heavyweight fight. The contrast in their platforms and personalities would create such explosive, must-watch TV.

NBAGOAT
07-30-2019, 09:21 PM
the debates might never go anywhere beyond ad hominems however. That's not too interesting to me

Shogon
07-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Sure, why not.

Presidents are just bullshit figureheads anyways.

Bernie could get elected tomorrow and he's not going to be able to pass sweeping legislation to the extent that he proclaims his desires to be, so whatever.

For as dumb as so many people claim Trump to be, I very much doubt he wouldn't come out on top, at least, in terms of a verbal back and forth. In terms of the election, I don't know/care.

SomeBlackDude
07-30-2019, 09:24 PM
it'd be one geriatric blowhard pushing nonsense that has 0% chance of being passed in reality vs another geriatric blowhard conman who got elected pushing nonsense that has proven to have a 0% chance of being passed in reality.

so yeah, i'd tune in. :dancin

ScalsFan21
07-31-2019, 02:18 AM
Bernie is the GOAT. He would absolutely lay into Trump, if Donny even nuts up and attends the debates. Which I doubt.

Patrick Chewing
07-31-2019, 09:40 AM
Bernie has no chance. He's already getting clowned on stage by the other Dem candidates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwG6Sm_559k

:oldlol:

RRR3
07-31-2019, 10:34 AM
Sure, why not.

Presidents are just bullshit figureheads anyways.

Bernie could get elected tomorrow and he's not going to be able to pass sweeping legislation to the extent that he proclaims his desires to be, so whatever.

For as dumb as so many people claim Trump to be, I very much doubt he wouldn't come out on top, at least, in terms of a verbal back and forth. In terms of the election, I don't know/care.
Trump would only come out on top in your delusional mind.

highwhey
07-31-2019, 10:39 AM

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 10:50 AM
Bernie has no chance. He's already getting clowned on stage by the other Dem candidates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwG6Sm_559k

He didn't get clowned at all, not sure what you think you saw.

My guess is you didn't watch the debates at all (I sat through the entire thing), but rather got your cliffnotes and highlights from media sources which would obviously be anti-Sanders a priori.

He went into last night as the front-runner and maintained that status throughout. He controlled the crowd. He has by far the most charisma out of the group of Dem candidates. Only Buttigieg is a better orator (he's a damn good speaker).

Patrick Chewing
07-31-2019, 10:56 AM
He didn't get clowned at all, not sure what you think you saw.

My guess is you didn't watch the debates at all (I sat through the entire thing), but rather got your cliffnotes and highlights from media sources which would obviously be anti-Sanders a priori.

He went into last night as the front-runner and maintained that status throughout. He controlled the crowd. He has by far the most charisma out of the group of Dem candidates. Only Buttigieg is a better orator (he's a damn good speaker).

I saw a guy making fun of him. No need for further explanation.

No, I don't watch the Democratic debates. Nothing they say or believe in relates to me at all.

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 11:16 AM
I saw a guy making fun of him. No need for further explanation.

No, I don't watch the Democratic debates. Nothing they say or believe in relates to me at all.

You must be socially retarded - the crowd was obviously with Bernie on that one. It doesn't matter who says what, it only matters who the crowd goes with. Same thing in a room with 10 people in it.

Patrick Chewing
07-31-2019, 11:22 AM
You must be socially retarded - the crowd was obviously with Bernie on that one. It doesn't matter who says what, it only matters who the crowd goes with. Same thing in a room with 10 people in it.

I'm glad to see it matters this much to you.

:applause:

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 11:29 AM
There's the white flag.

Prometheus wins again.

5 and a half years, still undefeated.

rufuspaul
07-31-2019, 12:14 PM
The DNC will never let Bernie get the nomination. It's gonna be Biden and Trump is gonna mop the floor with him.

Levity
07-31-2019, 12:29 PM
battle of the old bones.

ScalsFan21
07-31-2019, 04:02 PM
There's the white flag.

Prometheus wins again.

I knew you were high-IQ already, now come to find out you've entered the Sanders camp too? :bowdown:

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 04:10 PM
I knew you were high-IQ already, now come to find out you've entered the Sanders camp too? :bowdown:

Not necessarily. Haven't ruled it out. Unfortunately, I am still pretty politically illiterate. I have a better sense of who is winning the crowd than I do of whose policies make sense.

Economics is a complex subject - I find it disappointing how many ordinary people act like they think they know what's what when it comes to monetary policy.

Part of me is rooting for him simply because of how awesome I think the Sanders vs. Trump race would be. They are both such intense characters. It would be mighty entertainment, much polarization.

egokiller
07-31-2019, 04:40 PM

Great, give him ammo to bump this thread and make his head even bigger so that when trump comes out on top the poor barber has to buy another bowl to give Shogon his hair cut as the old bowl will no loner fit. :facepalm

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 04:42 PM
Great, give him ammo to bump this thread and make his head even bigger so that when trump comes out on top the poor barber has to buy another bowl to give Shogon his hair cut as the old bowl will no loner fit. :facepalm

If he is right, then he deserves the ego boost.

ArbitraryWater
07-31-2019, 04:57 PM
There's the white flag.

Prometheus wins again.

:bowdown:

only L you took was going up against me

well half l, half w

we never fully lose

egokiller
07-31-2019, 05:07 PM
If he is right, then he deserves the ego boost.

But he’s gonna piss off his barber unless he brings in a bigger bowl himself. His barber has a zero tolerance policy for bullshit. Here he is when one of his clients tried to sell drugs:

https://youtu.be/_DSCZBwW1hg

Shogon
07-31-2019, 06:29 PM
I already said I don't know who would win the election... but it's very likely Trump would win in a verbal debate for multiple reasons.

Hell, some of the one liners delivered during the verbal debates with Hillary helped get him elected.

Shout out to the greatest one liner in a presidential debate I can ever remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzL1sQWRd4

LMFAO.

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 06:47 PM
I already said I don't know who would win the election... but it's very likely Trump would win in a verbal debate for multiple reasons.

Hell, some of the one liners delivered during the verbal debates with Hillary helped get him elected.

Shout out to the greatest one liner in a presidential debate I can ever remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XzL1sQWRd4

LMFAO.

:roll:

I remember I missed all of those debates because I was bartending a lot back then.

Holy shit.

Gimme more lol, no time to sift through bullshit. I need some more gold.

RRR3
07-31-2019, 06:53 PM
Clinton eviscerated Trump in the debates. Anyone who thinks otherwise has the emotional and mental maturity of a 4 year old.

Trump couldn’t debate a cat.

Patrick Chewing
07-31-2019, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Clinton eviscerated Trump in the debates. Anyone who thinks otherwise has the emotional and mental maturity of a 4 year old.

Trump couldn

Shogon
07-31-2019, 06:59 PM

I remember I missed all of those debates because I was bartending a lot back then.

Holy shit.

Gimme more lol, no time to sift through bullshit. I need some more gold.

I don't have time to go through them all... that was the most memorable, the funniest and the only one I remembered off the top of my head...

Here's another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTo7MHDhh18&t=188

Nanners
07-31-2019, 07:03 PM
The DNC will never let Bernie get the nomination. It's gonna be Biden and Trump is gonna mop the floor with him.

This. The DNC would rather lose to Trump again than let Bernie win.

Shogon
07-31-2019, 07:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HuzcP6LIwE

nathanjizzle
07-31-2019, 07:35 PM
Its going to rival some of the greatest matchups in history. sting vs Goldberg, Mayweather vs pacqiuao, david vs goliath, LeBron vs kobe, OJ vs the state of california, realmenweargreen vs simon

MaxFly
07-31-2019, 07:49 PM
it'd be one geriatric blowhard pushing nonsense that has 0% chance of being passed in reality vs another geriatric blowhard conman who got elected pushing nonsense that has proven to have a 0% chance of being passed in reality.

so yeah, i'd tune in. :dancin

Pretty accurate assessment.

diamenz
07-31-2019, 09:56 PM
what's up with joe biden hushing up immediately when his time is up @ the debate tonight? this submissive stutterer is supposed to be THE candidate to beat trump? :oldlol:

coin24
07-31-2019, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Clinton eviscerated Trump in the debates. Anyone who thinks otherwise has the emotional and mental maturity of a 4 year old.

Trump couldn

Prometheus
07-31-2019, 11:45 PM
Either you're just a bored virgin that's trying to troll, or you're a complete moron.

Either way keep fighting those toxic transphobic men like the good little bitch tit soyboy that you are:cheers:

Take it easy on the lil fella.

I already slapped him around earlier today, he's had enough for now.

coin24
08-01-2019, 12:24 AM
Take it easy on the lil fella.

I already slapped him around earlier today, he's had enough for now.

He's probably crying into his Hillary 2016 hanky:oldlol: