PDA

View Full Version : Both Kobe and Duncan won 5 rings. Who from the new generation will get to 5 first?

PickernRoller
07-30-2019, 11:01 PM
Wade - disqualified.

Discuss the likelihood of your pick winning 5 rings on what's left of their careers.

Inferno
07-30-2019, 11:02 PM
Steph

PickernRoller
07-30-2019, 11:04 PM
Steph

You think they can pull a couple more runs? They seem tired and battered as hell. The West is also stacked now - more than the usual.

Inferno
07-30-2019, 11:09 PM
You think they can pull a couple more runs? They seem tired and battered as hell. The West is also stacked now - more than the usual.

Steph
DLo
Klay
Dray
WCS/Looney

Can be a nasty lineup. Who knows, they might surprise everyone a la 2015. I think DLo will play the best he has so far here and Klay will come back 90-100% fine. We saw Klay guard Kawhi a few times at SF in the finals and he did pretty well, I think it can work.

Admittedly, the bench is thin...hopefully some of these young guys pan out

SouBeachTalents
07-30-2019, 11:09 PM
I don't think Durant wins another title

Curry's unlikely, but not improbable he could win another one down the road

LeBron with AD's got a fighting chance to win 1 more

Kawhi's the one I do think will win 1-2 more, but I'd don't see him reaching 5

Inferno
07-30-2019, 11:11 PM
I don't think Durant ever wins another title

Curry's unlikely, but not improbable he could win another one down the road

LeBron with AD's got a fighting chance to win 1 more

Kawhi's the only I do think will win 1-2 more, but I'd don't see him reaching 5

I think Steph's just as likely as Bron to win another if not more. All people did was talk about how stacked they already were before they even added KD, and now we have DLo just as he's coming into his prime :banana:

Steph/DLo/Klay/Dray/WCS(or Looney) is gonna be a nasty lineup

Celtics 1825
07-30-2019, 11:13 PM
I don't see any of them reaching that mark, but I think Steph and Kawhi will get to 4.

PickernRoller
07-30-2019, 11:13 PM
Steph
DLo
Klay
Dray
WCS/Looney

Can be a nasty lineup. Who knows, they might surprise everyone a la 2015. I think DLo will play the best he has so far here and Klay will come back 90-100% fine. We saw Klay guard Kawhi a few times at SF in the finals and he did pretty well, I think it can work.

Admittedly, the bench is thin...hopefully some of these young guys pan out

Not only is the bench gonna be a problem, perimeter defense will be as well. Klay can only do so much. If they had someone like the Joker (perfect big fit for Golden State) I wouldn't doubt it.

Inferno
07-30-2019, 11:19 PM
Not only is the bench gonna be a problem, perimeter defense will be as well. Klay can only do so much. If they had someone like the Joker (perfect big fit for Golden State) I wouldn't doubt it.

Meh, Klay and Dray are great defenders, Looney's good and getting better, and Steph's been a solid defender for awhile now. I honestly didn't watch many Nets games last season so IDK how Dlo's defense is, but the team is going to be far from the worst defensive team overall :confusedshrug:

I think WCS will surprise some people too.

PickernRoller
07-30-2019, 11:38 PM
2019 Dray is a far cry from 2016 Dray.... clear as day these last playoffs. Could he make a comeback? Sure.

Dude couldn't shoot a 3 to save his life and his defense wasn't elite. Liability on the floor at many times these past Finals.

LostCause
07-30-2019, 11:39 PM
Westbrook

PickernRoller
07-30-2019, 11:41 PM
Westbrook

If you mean he'll end up playing for a total of 5 franchises by the end of his career sure... :lol :lol

Inferno
07-30-2019, 11:45 PM
2019 Dray is a far cry from 2016 Dray.... clear as day these last playoffs. Could he make a comeback? Sure.

Dude couldn't shoot a 3 to save his life and his defense wasn't elite. Liability on the floor at many times these past Finals.

Contract year so hopefully.

GimmeThat
07-31-2019, 12:17 AM
this must be the part where "role players" who were on different teammate's FMVP campaign starts being interchangeable

so.. John Kerry is the Dwayne Wade of American Politics?

PickernRoller
07-31-2019, 12:46 AM
Wade's out cause he retired. :biggums:

BlakFrankWhite
07-31-2019, 02:26 AM
Harden and Westbrook.

BigTicket
07-31-2019, 07:49 AM
I don't think any of them get there.

KD - Has to start all over on new team, and has serious injury problems
Lebron - Entering his 17th season, unlike to get 2 more rings this late in his career
Curry - Warriors lost several key players, and they don't have the cap space to sign anyone new, so it will be hard to get 2 more rings
Kawhi - Starting over with a new team, and needs 3 more rings. He probably has the best chance to get there, but still unlikely.

Manny98
07-31-2019, 07:58 AM
LeBron winning 2 of the next 3 :banana:

AussieSteve
07-31-2019, 08:30 AM
LeBron will get it done.

I see the Lakers winning in 2020.

Bosnian Sajo
07-31-2019, 09:01 AM
Bron Bron.

PickernRoller
07-31-2019, 08:17 PM
I was beginning to wonder when votes for Bran where gonna start showing up.

If Bran can escape injuries and puts up a decent season playing real defense (big if), he has a chance for one.

2 however, that's a long shot.

Gougou
08-01-2019, 12:37 AM
Bron really has a chance, he can play till he is like 40 years old. If AD has a good season and the team step up he will have a shot to get 2 more rings, but I still think it is difficult tho.

ImKobe
08-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Steph realistically is the most likely player to get to 5 rings. Not only is he so much younger with so many fewer games played compared to Lebron, but his greatest attribute is his shooting and we know that great shooters have stayed consistent for most of their careers and this is the golden era for a 3-point shooter so the Warriors can build around him for the next 3-4 years and he currently has three all-star teammates, Klay and Green are in the middle of their primes and Russell is just about to reach his.