PDA

View Full Version : LEONARD loyalty

Jasper
08-01-2019, 09:42 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27282369/you-plan-next-year-coaching-nba-where-stars-call-shots

"I am going home "

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 09:49 AM
What an unbiased poll....not one option is a positive for Kawhi lol.

Yea, he has a me first mentality...can you really blame him, though? He got ****ed over in San Antonio and hasn't given into the "Team first" bull shit since then. You saw what happened with KD in the finals, the team pressured him into playing and he's out for 12 months minimum now.

In business in general, it should be a me first attitude so long as you're an employee and not the business owner. Sometimes as the owner, it is beneficial for both parties if you're not me first...but as the employee, if you are not "me first" mentality, BE SURE that the people you are working for will use you and abuse you.

Jasper
08-01-2019, 10:07 AM
What an unbiased poll....not one option is a positive for Kawhi lol.

Yea, he has a me first mentality...can you really blame him, though? He got ****ed over in San Antonio and hasn't given into the "Team first" bull shit since then. You saw what happened with KD in the finals, the team pressured him into playing and he's out for 12 months minimum now.

In business in general, it should be a me first attitude so long as you're an employee and not the business owner. Sometimes as the owner, it is beneficial for both parties if you're not me first...but as the employee, if you are not "me first" mentality, BE SURE that the people you are working for will use you and abuse you.

Then the NBA doesn't need coach's - the players can just play playground ball.
If that is where the league is headed I'll watch school ball.
Spurs will never tell exactly what happened , and could Leonard be trusted to tell the truth as well , sitting out all season , and in NY people saying he looks 'good'

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 11:30 AM
Then the NBA doesn't need coach's - the players can just play playground ball.

How did you figure that based off of my post? I did not say players should PLAY THE GAME with a me first mentality, rather make decisions based on their health and opportunities (leaving in free agency, for example) in a me first POV....which should be fairly obvious and expected. IT3 was NOT thinking about himself at all when he played through that wretched hip injury for Boston, and where did it get him? He had a wonderful post season, was instrumental in luring players to Boston in free agency (Hayward)....and where did it get him?

What do coaches have to do with any of that? Chances are Brad Stevens wasn't rushing IT3 back from injury and Steve Kerr rushing KD back...upper management might have pressured the doctors and trainers to "clear" them, when in reality they were still hurt. Kawhi too, he knew he wasn't ready and San Antonio started making up bogus reports about Kawhi as a **** you to him. It wasn't Pop making these reports..

Shipped to the Cavs for Kyrie who ended up not working out, and now IT3 is bouncing from team to team on minimum contracts. Had he sat out in the playoffs, who knows if the injury would have been as bad as it was?

I just don't understand why you mention coaches.

Jasper
08-01-2019, 12:06 PM
How did you figure that based off of my post? I did not say players should PLAY THE GAME with a me first mentality, rather make decisions based on their health and opportunities (leaving in free agency, for example) in a me first POV....which should be fairly obvious and expected. IT3 was NOT thinking about himself at all when he played through that wretched hip injury for Boston, and where did it get him? He had a wonderful post season, was instrumental in luring players to Boston in free agency (Hayward)....and where did it get him?

What do coaches have to do with any of that? Chances are Brad Stevens wasn't rushing IT3 back from injury and Steve Kerr rushing KD back...upper management might have pressured the doctors and trainers to "clear" them, when in reality they were still hurt. Kawhi too, he knew he wasn't ready and San Antonio started making up bogus reports about Kawhi as a **** you to him. It wasn't Pop making these reports..

Shipped to the Cavs for Kyrie who ended up not working out, and now IT3 is bouncing from team to team on minimum contracts. Had he sat out in the playoffs, who knows if the injury would have been as bad as it was?

I just don't understand why you mention coaches.
never read the article I posted. :rolleyes:

BarberSchool
08-01-2019, 12:09 PM
Leonard has a form of autism/aspergers, and is not able to think from outside his own interest. But because of being developed in San Antonio system for years, his game is compatible with efficient team play.

It's an amazing combination of seemingly contradictory attributes.

paksat
08-01-2019, 12:27 PM
I'm sure these teams and GM's are hella loyal to the players :roll:

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 12:31 PM
never read the article I posted. :rolleyes:

Apparently you didn't either, because these coaches are mostly talking about players demanding trades under contract like PG13 and AD, not Kawhi who left in free agency. Why did they demand those trades? To win. Is it a problem? If you ask me yes, players should shut the **** up until their contracts are over if their only reason for being traded is in order to win elsewhere...PG13 at least did it behind closed doors, the AD situation is the one that I personally disliked. And they mention that in the article, too. If you are already going to demand a trade because you wanna go somewhere you think you can win...do it reasonably, in the offseason...not in the middle of the season the way AD did. However, another example...

Kawhi demanded a trade from the Spurs not because he couldn't win with the Spurs, it was a reason beyond that...and it is fairly well documented what that reason was. I don't blame him for demanding a trade when the team did him dirty by leaking out reports, both false and true, that had a negative take on Kawhi and for a short time hurt his image.

Which brings me back to the poll...your poll and the article don't correlate well at all. You roll your eyes at me not initially reading the article, but now having read it, I roll my eyes at this thread and this poll.

Kerr says he has no issue with players departing in free agency, but he does take umbrage with those who force their way out of town before their contracts are up, citing both Anthony Davis and Paul George as examples.

"That's the real danger," says Kerr. "That's where you start to get concerned. At least I do. As for our league, it's bad for business."

Gentry says there's a right way and a wrong way to request a trade. If a star agrees to work privately with the franchise, and agrees to wait until the offseason, he says, it avoids high-profile disruptions that hurt both the player and the team.

Direct quote from the article. The issue isn't players leaving in free agency, that was always the case. It's the players who demand trades PURELY to go to a team where they can win a championships. If the trade demands are initiated because of another reason (Kawhi and his injury, Shaq and his beef, etc.) then I don't have a problem with it.

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Toronto KNEW what they were getting...Kawhi made it clear before he touched down in Toronto that he doesn't wanna be there long term. Kawhi never switched up, he said he wanted to be in LA and that is exactly what happened.

In the article you posted, Nick Nurse knew this was very well going to be a 1 year rental of Kawhi...they knew what they were betting on. And they won the bet...they got what they wanted out of the deal, and that is a title.

Yea, sucks Kawhi left it would have been fun watching that Toronto team compete. But they were prepared for this, it was almost expected by the majority of people. He's not a dick for texting the coach, hell he didn't even have to do that. It's a nice gesture, but it is by no means required.

Jasper
08-01-2019, 06:20 PM
That is just it -
How many conversations , discussions in vid rooms , team discussions as well as practices did Leonard and his coach partake in together to win a chip :confusedshrug:

I'm headed home.

Probably spent at least 6 months together... nice.

houston
08-02-2019, 01:45 AM
Leonard has a form of autism/aspergers, and is not able to think from outside his own interest. But because of being developed in San Antonio system for years, his game is compatible with efficient team play.

It's an amazing combination of seemingly contradictory attributes.

good post

sammichoffate
08-02-2019, 02:01 AM
Bron started this, Kawhi is trying to end it along w/ his career.

GimmeThat
08-02-2019, 02:13 AM
so the coach said I want to do the run and gun on you, and Leonard played solid defense still

Spurs m8
08-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Fvcking lol at anyone who thought he was staying beyond a year in Toronto.

Thats their fault for being stupid

brutalBBQ
08-02-2019, 07:12 AM
Poll options should be ,
BOSS move or
SOFT move.

For me it's a soft move.