PDA

View Full Version : David Griffin: Being LeBron's GM was Miserable

AirTupac
08-01-2019, 03:56 PM
“Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable. Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money.”

[quote]The Cleveland Cavaliers stunned the NBA world when they decided not to renew the contract of championship-winning General Manager David Griffin in 2017. He has gone on to make them look quite foolish for that decision, drawing rave reviews for his work leading the New Orleans Pelicans this offseason while the Cavaliers still have a very uncertain future. But as Griffin revealed to Jake Fischer of Sports Illustrated, things weren't quite that simple. In truth, he was eager to leave Cleveland all along.

When Griffin was promoted to GM, he was charged with leading a young Cleveland team with no immediate expectations. His moves reflected that. He pursued younger free agents like Gordon Hayward early in the summer of 2014 hoping to develop his team slowly. That option flew out the window the moment LeBron James returned. Though he was excited at the prospect of building a team around him, Griffin revealed that he "collapsed on his office floor in tears" after the decision became official. The anxiety of building a team around the league's best player was significant.

For an executive like Griffin, that took a lot of the enjoyment out of his job. "Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable," Griffin said, before admitting that he began to plot his exit as soon as he had the chance. "Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money."

Griffin's departure was emblematic of the entire collapse of the Cavaliers. He wanted a chance to build a team his own way, without the accelerated timeline James presented. Kyrie Irving wanted the equivalent of that as a player. He was tired of playing sidekick to James, and sought out a team that he felt was a better fit for his talents.

Griffin even questioned James' motivations after the championship. "There wasn't a lot else for him," Griffin said. "I don't think he's the same animal anymore about winning." Fischer went on to note that "many in the NBA now suggest James harbors two priorities: enduring to team with his eldest son, Bronny, and one day owning a franchise."

The concept of the "team" is treasured in sports, but fundamentally, teams are comprised of human beings. Griffin, James and Irving were forced into an arranged marriage. They made the best of it and won a championship, but as noble a goal as winning is, it isn't the only thing people can want out of their careers.

Griffin wanted to build a certain kind of team. Irving wanted to play for a certain kind of team. James wanted to be in Los Angeles. The three of them could not achieve those goals together, so they had to separate. That is what causes the breakup of most great teams. Everybody involved had an idea of what else they wanted in basketball, and they all actively sought it out.[img]

dirkdiggler41
08-01-2019, 04:03 PM
The title makes it seem like it was horrible working for James, but the reality was that the pressure was hard because of extremely high expectations and it had to be done quickly.

Haymaker
08-01-2019, 04:05 PM
More proof that Lebron's winning attitude is toxic. There are demanding leaders like Popovich, Jordan, Bird, Kobe. And that's OK, they just want their teammates to step up, give their best every single night and strive to win but Lebron is a toxic individual, he relies on pressure and blame to get his players to perform. He's a backstabber, he's a hypocrite and he will get people fired for the smallest thing. No wonder very few FAs wanted to play with him. :oldlol:

RRR3
08-01-2019, 04:06 PM
More proof that Lebron's winning attitude is toxic. There are demanding leaders like Popovich, Jordan, Bird, Kobe. And that's OK, they just want their teammates to step up, give their best every single night and strive to win but Lebron is a toxic individual, he relies on pressure and blame to get his players to perform. He's a backstabber, he's a hypocrite and he will get people fired for the smallest thing. No wonder very few FAs wanted to play with him. :oldlol:
Everything you said about LeBron applies to Kobe and Jordan lmao

AirTupac
08-01-2019, 04:13 PM
The title makes it seem like it was horrible working for James, but the reality was that the pressure was hard because of extremely high expectations and it had to be done quickly.

Why did the team absolutely self-detonate every year in Jan-Feb? On multiple teams with 1 similar factor.

NBAGOAT
08-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Quite simply what do you think the lakers should do or should

StrongLurk
08-01-2019, 04:18 PM
Some people just can't hang with LeGOAT. They are too weak.

Wally450
08-01-2019, 04:21 PM

Pretty much this. You also have to look at who the OP is.

AirTupac
08-01-2019, 04:22 PM

I have my virtual cawk squirming in your tight butt and brain you little green bich boi :lol :lol :lol

DoctorP
08-01-2019, 04:27 PM
I can understand it not being fun. Looking forward to this fast Pelican team, though. Could be fun to watch... a League Pass team for sure.

Haymaker
08-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Nope. MJ and Kobe demanded top notch performance, but they were straight leaders that got on your face instead of being double face like Lebron. Lebron just wants everybody to make him look good.

brooks_thompson
08-01-2019, 04:54 PM
David Griffin sure talks a lot for a GM. Got a taste of those NBATV cameras and now he's gotta have it.

Mask the Embiid
08-01-2019, 05:24 PM
They dont call him LePressurer Cooker James for nothing. I got Jeanie being the 1st to crack this upcoming season.I'm calling it now, there will be at least one psychiatric hospital/medical hospital visit for someone in the Lakers organization before this time next year......book it! The LePressurer Cooker will strike again.

incoming blood clots for AD?
incoming manic depressive episode for Jeanie Buss?
Hopefully, we can avoid both?

Stay tune folks.Its gonna be a sizzlin' season.The mentally weak won't survive!

Duderonomy
08-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Lebron: "Give JR 15 mil a season and give TT the near max."
David Griffin: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1oN23xotM

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 05:42 PM

....which makes it horrible.

High pressure because of extremely high expectations leads to a ****ing horrible time to whoever is trying to set this up. There has never been a superstar in the NBA with the trade demands of Lebron James.

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 05:44 PM
[QUOTE=NBAGOAT]Quite simply what do you think the lakers should do or should

NBAGOAT
08-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Why cant he be both adamant of the team Rob Pelinka has ser up and at the dame tine acknowledge the sheer amount of trades that have happened on LeBron teams?

he can, you just have to map out the alternatives specifically and whether he likes them more. I think kawhi+george on the lakers was definitely possible but i dont think kawhi+george+lonzo/ingram/kuzma/hart was. For the 2nd to happen, you needed george to leave westbrook for a year alone and then kawhi to join him after. Feels unlikely.

If you want lebron in your organization, then being miserable is kind of a moot point

Bosnian Sajo
08-01-2019, 05:51 PM

Do you understand cause and effect???

The cause is the high pressure situation with extremely high expectations.

The effect is misery for the person trying to acquire players to meet this goal.

You guys are acting like pac came up with this...the title of the thread is a direct quote from DAVID GRIFFIN HIMSELF, in an article that came out today.

See this is the thing with LeBron fans man, when they latch onto a narrative they never let go, no matter what is brought to the table. In this instance, their hate of OP leads to them mocking him over using a direct quote from the guy, and say how "oh it wasn't miserable, op is an idiot".

"Everything we did was so inorganic and unsustainable and, frankly, not fun. I was miserable," Griffin said. "Literally the moment we won the championship I knew I was gonna leave. There was no way I was gonna stay for any amount of money."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27302340/griffin-building-lebron-was-miserable

Still wanna argue how it wasn't miserable, tho? BAAAA...BBBBBAAAAAAA

****ing sheep, frfr.

RRR3
08-01-2019, 06:17 PM
Nope. MJ and Kobe demanded top notch performance, but they were straight leaders that got on your face instead of being double face like Lebron. Lebron just wants everybody to make him look good.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8K7GP3NM

Let’s not forget Jordan literally assaulted his teammates and Kobe snitched on Shaq.

eliteballer
08-01-2019, 06:26 PM
LeExposed.

guy
08-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Pretty damning. The stuff about him not being motivated is the worst part about it. Not sure how people can make excuses for this. There

guy
08-01-2019, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FKI8K7GP3NM

Let

Manny98
08-01-2019, 07:04 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/c1Dg2CJL/Screenshot-20190802-000236.jpg

NEVER come at the King :no:

ImKobe
08-01-2019, 08:01 PM
Pretty damning. The stuff about him not being motivated is the worst part about it. Not sure how people can make excuses for this. There’s not really anyone more informed then him.

And people really think he's not playing for stats post-2016 when his own GM basically called him out on it. Lebron is about his brand first, he'll rather get 30/10/10 and lose than be 2nd fiddle and win, we saw him sabotage his new teammates during the 2011 Finals when Wade was running away with the FMVP, we saw him stat-pad and play 0 defense in the Finals in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018.

As great as he is as a player, he can't be the best player and win his team a title anymore, yet his brand is so big that there's no other way with him, that's why Kawhi and George bailed on the Lakers and that's why Anthony Davis is on our team. His own GM calls him toxic. KD, who looks up to Lebron and has trained with him, called him toxic as well and didn't even think about teaming up with him when he had the chance.

RRR3
08-01-2019, 08:12 PM
Good grief ImKobe with a big beautiful meltdown yet again.

fsvr54
08-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Anyone who defends lebron is a joke.

There is just soooooo much evidence at this point that he is a shit teammate and has always had a poor attitude.

LostCause
08-01-2019, 08:31 PM
Damn

I mean is anyone surprised by this?

egokiller
08-01-2019, 08:33 PM
The mental gymnastics the lebron defenders are putting themselves through in this thread.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Another one

sammichoffate
08-01-2019, 08:48 PM
And people really think he's not playing for stats post-2016 when his own GM basically called him out on it. Lebron is about his brand first, he'll rather get 30/10/10 and lose than be 2nd fiddle and win, we saw him sabotage his new teammates during the 2011 Finals when Wade was running away with the FMVP, we saw him stat-pad and play 0 defense in the Finals in 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2018.

As great as he is as a player, he can't be the best player and win his team a title anymore, yet his brand is so big that there's no other way with him, that's why Kawhi and George bailed on the Lakers and that's why Anthony Davis is on our team. His own GM calls him toxic. KD, who looks up to Lebron and has trained with him, called him toxic as well and didn't even think about teaming up with him when he had the chance.http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/14ceV8wMLIGO6Q/giphy.gif

bison
08-01-2019, 09:08 PM

THIS.

Say what you want about Kobe

LukeWalton
08-01-2019, 09:24 PM
can confirm..

I had a good thing with Jeanie before Bronnie showed up.

now that Im with the kings.. maybe Vlade could do if I imagine hard enough

LAmbruh
08-01-2019, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE]

LAmbruh
08-01-2019, 09:42 PM
THIS. Kobe was never manipulative, deceitful, and passive-aggressive, unlike a certain someone. Kobe never put his teammates on the trade block like a certain someone. Kobe never pretended to be your friend for the cameras and then not even bother to help you up on the court like a certain someone. Hell, Kobe let you know right off the bat he was your teammate not your friend. Kobe never gave the front office a headache and respected the pecking order of an organization, unlike a certain someone. .

Nah he just pushed Shaq out the franchize and the year following put himself on the trade block :yaohappy:

"SMUSH DOE, KWAME DOE, GASOFT DOE, TRADE ME TO BULLS DOE"

clipps
08-01-2019, 09:44 PM
:applause:

so blessed Lebron is here to finally put pressure on my franchise, it's been 10 years of skunked free agencies and tanked seasons

and in only 1 season with Lebron already able to obtain guys like Cousins, Rondo, Davis and Green

so grateful :bowdown:

Half of those guys will be traded by February.

AirTupac
08-01-2019, 10:23 PM
Do you understand cause and effect???

The cause is the high pressure situation with extremely high expectations.

The effect is misery for the person trying to acquire players to meet this goal.

You guys are acting like pac came up with this...the title of the thread is a direct quote from DAVID GRIFFIN HIMSELF, in an article that came out today.

See this is the thing with LeBron fans man, when they latch onto a narrative they never let go, no matter what is brought to the table. In this instance, their hate of OP leads to them mocking him over using a direct quote from the guy, and say how "oh it wasn't miserable, op is an idiot".

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27302340/griffin-building-lebron-was-miserable

Still wanna argue how it wasn't miserable, tho? BAAAA...BBBBBAAAAAAA

****ing sheep, frfr.

Man you hit the nail on the head bro.

AirTupac
08-01-2019, 10:25 PM

As great as he is as a player, he can't be the best player and win his team a title anymore, yet his brand is so big that there's no other way with him, that's why Kawhi and George bailed on the Lakers and that's why Anthony Davis is on our team. His own GM calls him toxic. KD, who looks up to Lebron and has trained with him, called him toxic as well and didn't even think about teaming up with him when he had the chance.

Umm this sums it up perfectly. This is a top tier post. Exemplifies everything about LeBron to a T and why I cant be a true fan of him.

Bison also got it bang on the money.

sdot_thadon
08-01-2019, 10:53 PM
I don't see how this topic has gotten this far with half of you not even reading the interview.:biggums: I'm pretty sure the Espn cut of the quote used as the title framed it by saying the pressure that came with him being there, as in you gotta make the most of this right now and don't have time to bullshit. The difference of being a tank farm and having the best player in the game is night and day. Same shock that Blatt got is what Griffin got.

I will say the bit about the motivation. maybe being gone is the worst of it. But 2 finals trips followed that win so it's not he most sensible thing to say.

GimmeThat
08-01-2019, 11:20 PM
so he doesn't say working for Dan Gilbert was miserable, yet delivered multiple final losses for Lebron James and only 1 win.

can you get anymore beta than that?

sportjames23
08-02-2019, 12:49 AM

How so, dumbass?

bullettooth
08-02-2019, 01:43 AM
LeFail is still in the league and all the stories about him being a scumbag are coming out.

Imagine how his legacy is going to get trashed one he retires.

sdot_thadon
08-02-2019, 01:50 AM
Saw this earlier.

[Wojnarowski] Covered a lot of ground in recent pod with David Griffin on building around LeBron James in Cleveland and his consistent context was this: The scrutiny and unforgiving pressure surrounding the environment inspired the joylessness of Cavs title run, not James himself.

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 08:12 AM
Saw this earlier.

.... are you guys still not getting it? Its obviously fvcking LeBron causing that toxic environment. :facepalm

Spurs m8
08-02-2019, 08:15 AM
.... are you guys still not getting it? Its obviously fvcking LeBron causing that toxic environment. :facepalm

Exactly

Look how cancerous he had made the Lakers by March

Got his coach fired after one season too....we all called this stuff as soon as he signed there.

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 09:06 AM
Saw this earlier.

"The scrutiny and unforgiving pressure surrounding the environment inspired the joylessness of Cavs title run, not James himself."

And where the **** do you think this "scrutiny and unforgiving pressure" came from?

I need you to break this down for us, because I have no ****ing idea what you people are arguing anymore. Do you suspect that the pressure came from playing in the holy city of Cleveland itself? Or playing on a LeBron team, a player who wanted nothing more but to bring an NBA championship back home to Ohio?

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 09:32 AM
"The scrutiny and unforgiving pressure surrounding the environment inspired the joylessness of Cavs title run, not James himself."

And where the **** do you think this "scrutiny and unforgiving pressure" came from?

I need you to break this down for us, because I have no ****ing idea what you people are arguing anymore. Do you suspect that the pressure came from playing in the holy city of Cleveland itself? Or playing on a LeBron team, a player who wanted nothing more but to bring an NBA championship back home to Ohio?

I think its the pressure of the Big Market Cavs team who are used to winning championships.....

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 09:37 AM
I think its the pressure of the Big Market Cavs team who are used to winning championships.....

I'm trying to understand, is THAT what people are arguing? Are they trying to say it is the owner pressuring the GM (if so, why are they arguably the worst team in the NBA?).

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to understand, is THAT what people are arguing? Are they trying to say it is the owner pressuring the GM (if so, why are they arguably the worst team in the NBA?).

Like you said in another post. These guys will twist narratives to make themselves feel better about the truth regarding LeBron. The guy has some huge and valid criticisms. The inability for his fans to come to terms with it is truly mind boggling.

3ball
08-02-2019, 10:02 AM
That's why lebron isn't in my top 15

He's uncoachable, because a coach isn't allowed to put him off-ball for part of the time (like a traditional frontcourt player) and run a system.. This also makes him harder to build around and puts a lower ceiling on his teams (only 2/4 with a "not 6, not 7" cast; only 1-3 in Cleveland with Kyrie)

Lebron's addiction to ball-dominance is especially cancerous as a frontcourt player, and his lack of shooting ability, post game or willingness to play off teammates (off-ball) makes him inferior/win less than other greats

Ultimately, his skillset is CP3/Nash caliber (ball-dominant), except he's much taller and a worse shooter - but the Nash/CP3 skillset can't win a ring, at least not without the extra talent (colluding) to compensate for the non-championship teamwork inherent in this style of play.

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 10:04 AM
That's why lebron isn't in my top 15

I get it, you hate LeBron...whatever.

But it is absolutely ludicrous to sit here and act like there are 15 players all time that were better than him. Bron bron is one of the best, top 10 lock for me for sure. I got him higher than that though, he's like 6th or 7th all time on my list.

3ball
08-02-2019, 10:17 AM

^^^ that shit pisses me off because you're acting like I'm making shit up and what I say doesn't make sense.... :coleman:

But it's now historical record - Lebron can ONLY win with established vets because his style of turning teammates into spot-up shooters doesn't develop players or teamwork.

So the Nash/CP3/Lebron skillset is indeed flawed because it's poor for player and team development, which is why it mostly loses to the Spurs and Warriors' organic brand of ball-movement.

This ball movement brand is the tried-and-true best way to maximize a team, but it requires players to incorporate a different skillset.. The star must frequently not touch the ball, while teammates move the ball and establish themselves as threats - only when the team needs a momentum boost or to break a momentary stalemate/lull does the star step in and assert their dominance..

Unfortunately, guys like Nash, CP3, and Lebron can't play this way because they lack an adequate skillset to score or assist quickly in the midst of the ball moving... So they must dominate the ball to produce, which puts a lower ceiling on their teams.. This is why I rank players like Nash, CP3, and Lebron behind guys like MJ, Bird, and Kobe (the top 3 perimeter players of all time)

But it is absolutely ludicrous to sit here and act like there are 15 players all time that were better than him. Bron bron is one of the best, top 10 lock for me for sure. I got him higher than that though, he's like 6th or 7th all time on my list.

Im right about him not being top 15 - you're simply ignoring the fact that his skillset is CP3/Nash caliber (ball-dominant), which isn't capable of winning a ring, at least not without the extra talent/colluding to compensate for the weaker teamwork inherent in this style of play.

But carry on with your ignorance bro.. I'll take Griffin's word (which is in line with all my statements that lebron's skillset can't win organically) over your 4th grade level understanding of the game (espn-level)

superduper
08-02-2019, 10:17 AM

Respect objectivity :applause:

DukeDelonte13
08-02-2019, 10:18 AM
Dan Gilbert gives Griffin a blank check to do whatever the f*ck he wants without question.

NBA fans: F*CK DAN GILBERT THAT TERRIBLE OWNER

anything to avoid blaming RP and Lebron.

LukeWalton
08-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Dan Gilbert gives Griffin a blank check to do whatever the f*ck he wants without question.

NBA fans: F*CK DAN GILBERT THAT TERRIBLE OWNER

anything to avoid blaming RP and Lebron.

yep the only thing Lebron cares about is Taco TUESDAAAAAAY

PP34Deuce
08-02-2019, 10:44 AM
David griffin is a pretty honest analyst/GM. He's right though.

Lebron stopped caring about winning titles after 2017.

2016 was the last prime Lebron who could be elite 2 ways. People forget 2016 Lebron still had the hunger and endurance to do chase down blocks, rotate, and do everything offensively.

I do think he thrives on pressure. I think Lebron likes when he's counted out.

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 10:50 AM

2016 was the last prime Lebron who could be elite 2 ways. People forget 2016 Lebron still had the hunger and endurance to do chase down blocks, rotate, and do everything offensively.

If that were true and LeBron wasn't all in...... then the Cavs wouldn't have made any moves at the trade deadline in 2018. The Cavs wouldn't have even made the ECF let alone the Finals.

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 10:54 AM
:oldlol:

So dumb.

guy
08-02-2019, 11:02 AM
Ric Bucher on FS1 said he surveyed a bunch of GMs about the trade value of Lebron when all the

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=guy]Ric Bucher on FS1 said he surveyed a bunch of GMs about the trade value of Lebron when all the

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=guy]Pretty damning. The stuff about him not being motivated is the worst part about it. Not sure how people can make excuses for this. There

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Imagine Mitch Kupchak said Kobe was miserable to work with :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
08-02-2019, 11:37 AM
Lebron doesn't have control over expectations of fans and media, which also drives the same atmosphere around him. Just look at guys like yourself for example and how much the posting here revolves around lebron's morning farts. Tv and other media are just as bad.

I need you to break this down for us, because I have no ****ing idea what you people are arguing anymore. Do you suspect that the pressure came from playing in the holy city of Cleveland itself? Or playing on a LeBron team, a player who wanted nothing more but to bring an NBA championship back home to Ohio?The expectations of having a goat candidate in the social media era. I'm not really arguing anything, more like wondering why people can't grasp anything outside of their preconceived narratives that get regurgitated post after post here. Excuse me for attempting to have a regular opinion in a troll fest.:rolleyes: The pressure is that you don't want to be the guy to lose chips with the best hand at the table. Does anybody even realize how much shit was at stake in this guy's prime behind the scenes? All the money, corporate decisions, etc. Him going to Cleveland is worse than anywhere else, wasn't it proven the 1st time he left there that he "was" their economy? That's heavy shit to come along overnight. More implications than just "oh noes he gunna ask foe trades"

And another question for inquiring minds: sounds like a lot of guys here are trying to use Lebron's desire to win against him in this thread and that's ludicrous because these same guys are citing this report that he doesn't care about winning the same anymore yet last month it was "Lebrum traded his team again" Can't have it both ways fellas. These looping narratives are hideous.

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 11:55 AM
Imagine Mitch Kupchak said Kobe was miserable to work with :oldlol:
Imagine a GM doing this after finding out he's going to have the best player in the world on his team and have the opportunity to win a championship.

[I]He was elevated to GM in February 2014, although everything pivoted once LeBron James decided to rejoin the Cavs that July. Griffin celebrated at first, then collapsed on his office floor in tears after James

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 12:27 PM
The expectations of having an all time great player in the social media era.

DING DING DING DING DING.

You got it! The pressure comes from LeBron James himself, how did you ever put 2 and 2 together?

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 12:31 PM

You got it! The pressure comes from LeBron James himself, how did you ever put 2 and 2 together?

Mental gymnastics are UNREAL.

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 12:56 PM
I made a list for you guys...player personnel from 4 year period for Lebron (left), Jordan (middle), and Kobe (right).

https://i.ibb.co/SwqqgLc/deee.png

I'm just leaving this here.

EDIT: Idk how the years got messed up, but Lebron and Jordan's years should be switched. Anyways.

ImKobe
08-02-2019, 01:03 PM

I think I understand what you're trying to say but there's little pressure if you're actually counted out if we're being honest.

Take 2016 for example - Cavs are down 1 - 3 without HCA. They lose and the media will say that the Warriors were supposed to win anyway, Cavs had things go their way with the suspension and injuries but they were playing with house money at that point.

2012 ECF and 2013 Finals you could say he showed up when down 2 - 3 because either loss would have hurt his legacy, he was bailed out in 2013 but full props for the Boston series, even though all those guys were way past their prime and in a lockout season with B2B2Bs...

sdot_thadon
08-02-2019, 01:26 PM

I know huh, shame on Lebron for being so fvcking good you're literally on the clock to succeed when he walks in the door. Shame on him indeed. :biggums:

RRR3
08-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Lots of mamba meltdowns in this thread.

Bosnian Sajo
08-02-2019, 03:09 PM
I know huh, shame on Lebron for being so fvcking good you're literally on the clock to succeed when he walks in the door. Shame on him indeed. :biggums:

mfer he went through almost double the players that Kobe and Jordan went through in 4 year periods, they couldn't find a MATCH for LeBron...maybe it has something to do with how he plays the game?

You act like this is the norm for the rest of the ATG's...uhhh, nope. He treats his teams like consultant agencies.

superduper
08-02-2019, 03:12 PM
mfer he went through almost double the players that Kobe and Jordan went through in 4 year periods, they couldn't find a MATCH for LeBron...maybe it has something to do with how he plays the game?

You act like this is the norm for the rest of the ATG's...uhhh, nope. He treats his teams like consultant agencies.

LeGaWd GeTs WhAt He WaNtS!1!!

#cringe

RRR3
08-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Bosnian Sajo really tryna act like more players don’t appear on teams these days

26 different players played in a game for the Sixers last season, for instance.

AirTupac
08-02-2019, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Bosnian Sajo really tryna act like more players don

sdot_thadon
08-02-2019, 04:01 PM

So let's see i suppose by those completely different timeframes we're choosing to throw out the window things like that much player movement being unavailable to MJ's era, things like longer contracts, completely different cba's, different player wealth strategies etc. All in the name of Lebron. How cute.

I'll lay it out for you right here, if Mj and Kobe had someone to trailblaze the use of power and leverage that way for them to see they'd be the same. I guess you're hoping no one is old enough to remember these guys publicly crying for trades of teammates and not getting them for the most part. Lebron made a path that wasn't there before him. You want everything that comes with the Marquee attraction owners? Ticket sales, jersey sales, media attention, nationally televised games, titles, economy for a small market? Well this is what it takes to have that guy. It's brilliant and absolutely ruthless business sense.

keep-itreal
08-02-2019, 04:16 PM
Lebron is so powerful he causes grown ass men to collapse on the ground crying:oldlol:

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 04:25 PM
Lebron is so powerful he causes grown ass men to collapse on the ground crying:oldlol:
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AdvancedFickleFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

egokiller
08-02-2019, 04:27 PM
Lebron really looks bad in all this compared to MJ and Kobe. I mean if you are going to only go 3/9, at least have something to fall back on that can even put you in the same conversation as MJ and Kobe. He doesn

Hey Yo
08-02-2019, 04:46 PM
I made a list for you guys...player personnel from 4 year period for Lebron (left), Jordan (middle), and Kobe (right).

EDIT: Idk how the years got messed up, but Lebron and Jordan's years should be switched. Anyways.
LOL @ this list supposedly trying to prove something.

The only thing that this shows is that the Cavs were players at the trade deadline and free agency way more often than the other 2 teams.

The years you're using MJ, players signed longer contracts back then. No surprise there was little movement.

Plus max contracts are shorter now and players just aren't signing as long which = more player turnover.

sorry bro...... horrible effort on your part.

bullettooth
08-02-2019, 04:50 PM

You know a work environment sucks when there's a high turnaround of employees.

I wonder what the common denominator is with LeBron's environment that causes that...... hmmmm!!!

paksat
08-02-2019, 08:12 PM

something doesn't look normal here...

what's going on with one side...

what is wronggggggggggg

Smoke117
08-03-2019, 01:00 AM
David Griffin basically sounds like the biggest ***** coward beta cuck boy of all time with this nonsense. I went into a broom closet and cried...what the fukk, nikka? The ultimate goal is to win a championship and it was accomplished on the Cavs. This beta cuck white guilt fakkot needs to get a grib and take a few paxil or blow his brains out.

LAmbruh
08-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Griffin on the Jump tearing into this article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-B3cK1y1Yg

"the entire piece is inherently wrong"

"It had nothing to do with Lebron, it was the media surrounding the team"

damn, SI thirsty for some clicks

SpaceJam
08-04-2019, 01:28 AM
Griffin on the Jump tearing into this article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-B3cK1y1Yg

"the entire piece is inherently wrong"

"It had nothing to do with Lebron, it was the media surrounding the team"

damn, SI thirsty for some clicks

Watch the activity in this thread die down now :roll:

LAmbruh
08-04-2019, 04:21 AM
Watch the activity in this thread die down now :roll:
yeah I haven't seen a sports journalist get put on blast that bad in quite sometime, you can tell he's genuinely pissed

Griffin repeatedly mentioning how he was tricked into the piece being about the Pelicans and it got published all out of context about his relationship with Cavs/Lebron.

SpaceJam
08-04-2019, 04:48 AM
yeah I haven't seen a sports journalist get put on blast that bad in quite sometime, you can tell he's genuinely pissed

Griffin repeatedly mentioning how he was tricked into the piece being about the Pelicans and it got published all out of context about his relationship with Cavs/Lebron.

Back to Jake Fischer, up for the lay-up....OH BLOCKED BY GRIFF!