PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Morey Racist NBA Quote on Jeremy Lin

sammichoffate
08-04-2019, 08:16 PM
[QUOTE]

AirTupac
08-04-2019, 08:21 PM
He's literally just saying what everyone thought and is or was thinking....

GOBB
08-04-2019, 09:38 PM
How was this racist? The reach in here is crazy

tpols
08-04-2019, 09:41 PM

the brotherhood.

Mask the Embiid
08-04-2019, 10:26 PM
I would legit consider the Asians the 3rd most athletic group next to blacks and native americans.

This makes no sense...

I mean all asians too Amir Khan's + Bruce Lee's

Hell honestly when i think abou it....id even put them over Native Americans no bullshit

FreezingTsmoove
08-04-2019, 11:09 PM
As far as physical strength goes Asians might be stronger than the whites

But for leaping ability, asians are a bottom race.

fsvr54
08-04-2019, 11:15 PM
:roll: :roll:

That's hilarious

GimmeThat
08-05-2019, 01:39 AM
well, he went to Harvard for 4 years after not receiving an athletic scholarship

he wanted to get plugged back into the matrix instead of being alive

soots
08-05-2019, 01:44 AM

It literally said he wasnt chosen because he was asian.

" can

iamgine
08-05-2019, 01:59 AM
It's true that Asians have a stereotype that they're not very athletic. This is not new nor untrue. Asians are generally not athletic or tall. Once in a while you see a Yao Ming or Sun Yue.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-05-2019, 03:48 AM
ah hell nah we not bringin that snowflake PC garbage into ISH

FOH cretin

everyone know in pickup games u dont pick the chinamen and he usually the last pick or they if theres more

plowking
08-05-2019, 04:19 AM
It's true that Asians have a stereotype that they're not very athletic. This is not new nor untrue. Asians are generally not athletic or tall. Once in a while you see a Yao Ming or Sun Yue.

Asians are extremely athletic.

The issue is, Americans only thing running and jumping constitutes athleticism because you are all infatuated with football, which requires no cardio.

Asians are some of the best pound for pound weightlifters in the world. Also some of the most flexible people in the world.

iamgine
08-05-2019, 04:37 AM
Asians are extremely athletic.

The issue is, Americans only thing running and jumping constitutes athleticism because you are all infatuated with football, which requires no cardio.

Asians are some of the best pound for pound weightlifters in the world. Also some of the most flexible people in the world.
Those are not the athleticism that is talked about in the context of basketball.

GOBB
08-05-2019, 06:06 AM
[QUOTE=soots]It literally said he wasnt chosen because he was asian.

" can

LukeWalton
08-05-2019, 06:44 AM
Not all Asians are like this.. but these kinds of videos perpetuate the stereotype of the weak Asian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF3IGjQ6cWc

but this video explains why Jeremy Lin worked and didn't work for the knicks, rockets, lakers, etc

great vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQc7PMZOumo

Bosnian Sajo
08-05-2019, 07:48 AM
I would legit consider the Asians the 3rd most athletic group next to blacks and native americans.

This makes no sense...

Hell honestly when i think abou it....id even put them over Native Americans no bullshit

LOL, are you ****ing kidding me? So you just disregard the Slavs and the Balkans? We are absolutely more ATHLETIC than any Asian country, prove it otherwise. We have top tier athletes in EVERY sport...whether that's basketball, soccer, tennis, handball, water polo, boxing, mma...you ****ing name it.

Put some respect on our goddamn name. Give me a break.

ArbitraryWater
08-05-2019, 08:53 AM
thats not a racist quote

nathanjizzle
08-05-2019, 09:33 AM
Its true. much respect to Daryl for realizing it.

FireDavidKahn
08-05-2019, 09:59 AM

Must be why Asians dominate the worlds strongest man competitions, oh wait...:coleman:

BarberSchool
08-05-2019, 11:06 AM

But for leaping ability, asians are a bottom race.Everyone knows:

small object/close range hand/eye coordination/quickness: East Asians
Large object/long range hand/eye coordination: western euro
straight line sprint speed and high jumping: west african/afro-carribean
long distance speed/endurance: east african
long arms delivering quick jabs: african americans
wide looping rotational hook power: Pacific islanders
lower body strength: pacific islanders
full body Ogre strength for lifting heavy things: northern euro
kicking distance/power: DUTCH/Belgian/northern euro
kicking speed/close range: East asians

We could go on for hours about which groups have the best average attributes at each athletic/fighting skill. But there are always outliers/rare exceptions in every group. It's just a reflection of each different region's most valued historical survival/combat skills, and limb length/ratio, nerve ending distribution/concentration (some people simply have more nerve endings in some parts of the body, or shorter nerve paths to fingertips/etc) there are biological reasons you'll never see a dude like Tacko Fall dominating ping pong.

clipps
08-06-2019, 05:32 AM
It's not racist. It's obviously clear that Asians are the inferior race at playing basketball.:facepalm

tpols
08-06-2019, 07:23 AM
im honestly not sure what being the quickest matters without having longer arms...

like iverson being 5'11 with 6'6 wingspan.

it just lets you control the ball in every way more and keep it away from defenders

305Baller
08-06-2019, 08:18 AM
Hes solid but his shooting is mediocre and hes slowing down, no surprise he hasnt been signed yet.

bobopenguin
08-06-2019, 09:55 AM

GOBB
08-06-2019, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=bobopenguin]

nineiron
08-07-2019, 10:20 AM
to anyone that thinks this is not racist.

imagine if Morey was a professor and said this about a black guy: "He’s incredibly smart,” said Morey. “ “But the reality is that every ****ing person, including me, thought he was uneducated. And I can’t think of any reason for it other than he was Black.”

is that racist?

Stringer Bell
08-07-2019, 10:54 AM
Reminds me of an article about Larry Bird

[QUOTE]
Arguments can, of course, go on forever about Bird's superiority. It's common for his teammates to say that playing with Bird reveals him to be even more remarkable than he appears to the naked eye, and there's a tendency among mature blacks and whites alike in the NBA to forgive Rodman for his callow unenlightenment. Bird himself doesn't put any more credence in the other extreme, in the greatest-ever pronouncements of people like Auerbach. "That's nice stuff to hear, but I don't believe it," he says, shrugging and then adding that he'll be quite content if history is only kind enough to speak of him in the same breath as Magic Johnson and John Havlicek. However, it is difficult to believe that any athlete in any sport has demonstrated Bird's instinctive supernatural feel for his game.

But then, as a mere mortal, Bird also possesses touch, strength, stamina, hand-eye coordination, exceptional vision

90sgoat
08-07-2019, 11:38 AM

This makes no sense...

You're not only a racist, you're a dumb racist.

White are overall by far the most athletic group when you include strength sports into the mix, sports which whites completely dominate (icelandics in strongman, eastern euros in olympic lifting). European whites are also already completely dominating e-sports despite koreans and chinese basically living in internet shops.

90sgoat
08-07-2019, 11:42 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Whites are the strongest race with a huge margin.

Every strenght record is by a white or caucasoid except in those weight classes, where asian men weight the same as a white woman.

sammichoffate
08-07-2019, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=nineiron]to anyone that thinks this is not racist.

imagine if Morey was a professor and said this about a black guy: "He

tpols
08-07-2019, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=nineiron]to anyone that thinks this is not racist.

imagine if Morey was a professor and said this about a black guy: "He

MaxPlayer
08-08-2019, 11:02 AM
How is this a racist statement?

He's saying that Lin's athleticism was underrated due to racism. He's calling out the folly of racism, not perpetuating it.

wang4three
08-08-2019, 11:52 AM
I don't think he was being "racist", as much as prejudicial, but maybe we don't split hairs here.

I get where he's coming from - Asians can be the same way with each other. When I was in college, my buddies (mostly Asian) were in college, there was 3 courts in the gym, court 1 was mostly blacks/whites, the middle court was mixed or it was used for things like volleyball and the far court was all Asians. We never wanted to play the Asian court because we felt playing against other races made us better since they were typically, stronger, more athletic and aggressive.

Is that racism? Maybe, but more so stereotyping/prejudicial in my opinion. And we did get better playing the better guys anyway. Forced us to get stronger, play more aggressively and utilize our strengths more.