PDA

View Full Version : Was the Joker right? "It's all part of the plan." [mass shootings]

Shogon
08-05-2019, 07:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AXgaFqEas

Look what I did to this city with a few drums of gas and a couple of bullets, hmm? You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like, a gang-banger would get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics. Because it's all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds!

Every time we have a shooting, people lose their shit, including the people on this forum... going on and on about how "something must be done!" and "this is ridiculous and you're an idiot if you can't see that we need to do something!"

We lose, what? 30,000 people to gun violence each year? Two thirds of that is suicide. So now we're down to 10,000 homicides/accidents a year via guns. Out of those 10,000, let's take 2019 for instance... we've lost... 55 people to mass shootings?

The amount of media coverage lasts weeks. People's emotions becoming 100% inflamed during these times about gun rights and firearm possession.

Is the level of coverage justified? Is it proportionate to the damage done and lives lost? Is the amount of money and resources and energy spent discussing this subject balanced compared to other things?

Some further perspective...

We lose 600,000 people to heart disease deaths annually. 600,000. Yep, that's right... six hundred thousand.

Where is all of the outrage at our diets and lack of exercise? Where is the emotion inflamed national debate about these subjects? Where is this hotly covered by the media? Indeed, there is some... a tiny little bit... but nobody panics over it despite it being right there with cancer as the #1 leading cause of death in the U.S. annually. The care and outrage is certainly not proportionate to the reaction to mass shootings. It's not even remotely close to being proportionate to the number of deaths... and it's mostly largely preventable due to lifestyle choices.

We lose 600,000 people to cancer deaths annually. 600,000. Yep, that's right... six hundred thousand.

Where is all of the outrage at preventable cancer? Mainly, linked to diet and exercise, also... where? Where is the ceaseless coverage?

What about lightning strikes? Pretty ****ing rare, right?

We lose 50 people annually to lightning strike fatalities in the United States. 50. Where's the outrage? After all, we've only lost 55 people so far this year to mass shootings.

We have... ready for this? 1600 people win the lottery every single year. 1600. lol. Know anyone that's won the lottery? I don't. You probably don't. Maybe one of you does... maybe one.

What's the point? You should already know by now.

Dying to a mass shooting is statistically irrelevant. You have a far, far, far better chance of winning the lottery than you do... dying to a mass shooter.

Wake me up when the number of deaths becomes statistically relevant.

I know that sounds cold hearted, I'm highly aware. But it's not. It's just the truth. If I were personally impacted, I'm sure my emotions would get the better of me, and I would change my tune.

But there is no reason for any of you to be emotionally invested in this subject to the degree that you are unless you have personally been impacted.

Which you haven't.

It's just that... it's not part of the plan... and you let your mind play tricks on you and you worry about being a victim to one of these things when the harsh reality is you're far more likely to die on your way home from work in your car than you are to get caught up in a mass shooting. Calm your ****ing tits.

Worldwide, we lose 1.25 million people per year to traffic fatalities, for the record. That's over 3,000 a day. Get some perspective, pull your head out of your ass, stop letting the media think for you.

Real Men Wear Green
08-05-2019, 07:18 AM
stop letting the media think for you.Instead, give the Joker a chance.

Shogon
08-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Instead, give the Joker a chance.

Oh you dumb ****. You silly, silly dumb ****.

I just used that for the lulz. It's not about following the Joker's philosophy on life.

Kblaze8855
08-05-2019, 07:27 AM
You’re just not going to get the same coverage from people gradually killing themselves eating hamburgers as you will from someone walking in and shooting 85 people. The world has 7 billion people. Too many of them die every day to cover the mundane reasons for the inevitable. How many lives could we save just buying mosquito netting to prevent malaria in the third world? But is not going to get as much coverage as somebody blowing up a train station in New York. People won’t even click a story about malaria. Half the TVs in the world will turn to news coverage on the bombing in a major city and the coverage is partially driven by ad dollars just like everything else on TV.

Chicken and the egg issue. Bad consumers breed bad products.

I’m reminded of something a sportscenter anchor said years ago. If you poll people 90% say they are sick of Brett Favre will he won’t he retirement coverage. But when the story on it is in the next segment they can track a bump in ratings or at least holding viewers through the adbreak which doesn’t happen when they cover things people claim they aren’t tired of.

People vote with their attention and we get the coverage people want even if they can’t admit it.

bluechox2
08-05-2019, 07:28 AM
real life joker already in power

iamgine
08-05-2019, 07:55 AM
You are trying to insert logic into something that's emotional. It just doesn't work that way. Many people are personally impacted by things like this, even if they don't know the people killed.

Also, can we use that logic in other things? Like, if the murder rate is high, should we also say "oh it's still way way way lower than cancer deaths rate, wake me up when it's near that."

Real Men Wear Green
08-05-2019, 07:57 AM
Oh you dumb ****. You silly, silly dumb ****.

I just used that for the lulz. It's not about following the Joker's philosophy on life.II'm sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to take crazy people that get their "lulz" talking about mass shootings seeiously. You expect respect when you are in fact a total jackass. "So what if we have mass murdering psychos? Heart disease kills people too!" You actually have sympathized with the views expressed by some of these killers. You shouldn't be talking to me, you should be talking to a therapist.

Prometheus
08-05-2019, 08:06 AM
We lose, what? 30,000 people to gun violence each year? Two thirds of that is suicide. So now we're down to 10,000 homicides/accidents a year via guns. Out of those 10,000, let's take 2019 for instance... we've lost... 55 people to mass shootings?

Instead of talking about heart disease and cancer... what about the other 9,945 firearm homicides?

Let's talk about that.

Loco 50
08-05-2019, 08:09 AM
For your information I don't watch much, if any mainstream media news.

Are you equating natural causes and accidental deaths to intentional violent crime because each result in death?

Are you trying to normalize a rash of violence that is affecting far more people than the immediate victims? This affects every single person that ever knew the deceased, unlike a natural causes death or accident. Only immediate friends and family tend to be affected by natural causes death and there is usually a peaceful acceptance gradually with time.

2 things:

1. What is wrong with you?

2. try to get your act straight.

Take a serious look in the mirror and maybe seek therapy for your unceasing nihilistic thoughts. These are not the deep, intelligent thoughts of a healthy person.

They are cold, callous thoughts lacking any kind of human empathy that are frankly disturbing. Perhaps you are on the spectrum? That is far more acceptable than someone displaying outright signs of psychopathy.

Whatever it is, you should see a therapist.

I hope you take my words seriously for the benefit of the people you touch in your daily life. This is not a troll. This is for your benefit as well.

Draz
08-05-2019, 08:10 AM
It's all fun and games until you or your family is gunned down. You'll see hardcore republicans to the fifth power turn real quick on its base.

LAmbruh
08-05-2019, 08:15 AM
It make look like Westbrook averaged a triple double

But actually he didn't average a triple double

Shogon
08-05-2019, 08:17 AM
II'm sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to take crazy people that get their "lulz" talking about mass shootings seeiously. You expect respect when you are in fact a total jackass. "So what if we have mass murdering psychos? Heart disease kills people too!" You actually have sympathized with the views expressed by some of these killers. You shouldn't be talking to me, you should be talking to a therapist.

Your actual IQ is significantly lower than your ability to articulate yourself would suggest. You... aren't smart. Like at all. Next.

Instead of talking about heart disease and cancer... what about the other 9,945 firearm homicides?

Let's talk about that.

It would be a more apt comparison, I'll give you that. But heart disease isn't an unfair comparison... because it's preventable. Most of it highly preventable due to lifestyle choices. But back to your point... so where's the outrage over those gun deaths? Where is it? It's part of the plan. People don't lose their shit over an individual getting shot in a heated dispute. Or even a couple. But some psycho walks into a Wal-Mart and kills 20? OH LAWDY! TIME TO LOSE MY SHIT!!!

Part. of. the. plan.

Prometheus
08-05-2019, 08:23 AM
Oh I'm not saying heart disease isn't an apt comparison.

I'm just trying to streamline your argument for idiots.

If your goal is to actually make people think, then I think it's helpful to find the most convincing part of your "case" and stick to it.

Real Men Wear Green
08-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Your actual IQ is significantly lower than your ability to articulate yourself would suggest. You... aren't smart. Like at all. Next.
A weak response but I didn't expect better. I see I'm not the only one pointing out that you're unhinged.

Prometheus
08-05-2019, 08:40 AM
A weak response but I didn't expect better. I see I'm not the only one pointing out that you're unhinged.

He's raising questions about an issue which causes people outrage. Of course he's going to be called crazy. lol.

Nanners
08-05-2019, 08:43 AM
The Joker was 100% correct.

Even if you want to pretend that death at the barrel of a gun is worse than death due to a drunk driver or lack of insulin... The US inflicts violent deaths upon thousands of innocent civilians in the middle east every year.

If any of the crocodiles crying about these recent shootings actually gave a **** about terroristic violence being inflicted upon innocent people, they would be breaking down in hysterics on a daily basis over the pain and suffering we inflict upon innocent people in the middle east every single day.

Shogon
08-05-2019, 09:31 AM

Even if you want to pretend that death at the barrel of a gun is worse than death due to a drunk driver or lack of insulin... The US inflicts violent deaths upon thousands of innocent civilians in the middle east every year.

If any of the crocodiles crying about these recent shootings actually gave a **** about terroristic violence being inflicted upon innocent people, they would be breaking down in hysterics on a daily basis over the pain and suffering we inflict upon innocent people in the middle east every single day.

Ah, yes. Some reason.

:applause:

dude77
08-05-2019, 09:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0AXgaFqEas

Every time we have a shooting, people lose their shit, including the people on this forum... going on and on about how "something must be done!" and "this is ridiculous and you're an idiot if you can't see that we need to do something!"

The amount of media coverage lasts weeks. People's emotions becoming 100% inflamed during these times about gun rights and firearm possession.

Is the level of coverage justified? Is it proportionate to the damage done and lives lost? Is the amount of money and resources and energy spent discussing this subject balanced compared to other things?

Some further perspective...

We lose 600,000 people to heart disease deaths annually. 600,000. Yep, that's right... six hundred thousand.

Where is all of the outrage at our diets and lack of exercise? Where is the emotion inflamed national debate about these subjects? Where is this hotly covered by the media? Indeed, there is some... a tiny little bit... but nobody panics over it despite it being right there with cancer as the #1 leading cause of death in the U.S. annually. The care and outrage is certainly not proportionate to the reaction to mass shootings. It's not even remotely close to being proportionate to the number of deaths... and it's mostly largely preventable due to lifestyle choices.

We lose 600,000 people to cancer deaths annually. 600,000. Yep, that's right... six hundred thousand.

Where is all of the outrage at preventable cancer? Mainly, linked to diet and exercise, also... where? Where is the ceaseless coverage?

What about lightning strikes? Pretty ****ing rare, right?

We lose 50 people annually to lightning strike fatalities in the United States. 50. Where's the outrage? After all, we've only lost 55 people so far this year to mass shootings.

We have... ready for this? 1600 people win the lottery every single year. 1600. lol. Know anyone that's won the lottery? I don't. You probably don't. Maybe one of you does... maybe one.

What's the point? You should already know by now.

Dying to a mass shooting is statistically irrelevant. You have a far, far, far better chance of winning the lottery than you do... dying to a mass shooter.

Wake me up when the number of deaths becomes statistically relevant.

I know that sounds cold hearted, I'm highly aware. But it's not. It's just the truth. If I were personally impacted, I'm sure my emotions would get the better of me, and I would change my tune.

But there is no reason for any of you to be emotionally invested in this subject to the degree that you are unless you have personally been impacted.

Which you haven't.

It's just that... it's not part of the plan... and you let your mind play tricks on you and you worry about being a victim to one of these things when the harsh reality is you're far more likely to die on your way home from work in your car than you are to get caught up in a mass shooting. Calm your ****ing tits.

Worldwide, we lose 1.25 million people per year to traffic fatalities, for the record. That's over 3,000 a day. Get some perspective, pull your head out of your ass, stop letting the media think for you.

https://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

warriorfan
08-05-2019, 10:22 AM
It's all fun and games until you or your family is gunned down. You'll see hardcore republicans to the fifth power turn real quick on its base.

Move to Canada

highwhey
08-05-2019, 11:13 AM
op with another try hard pseudo intellectual thread, except this is a straight ripoff from Neil Degrasse Tyson

Dr Seuss
08-05-2019, 11:20 AM

Are you equating natural causes and accidental deaths to intentional violent crime because each result in death?

Are you trying to normalize a rash of violence that is affecting far more people than the immediate victims? This affects every single person that ever knew the deceased, unlike a natural causes death or accident. Only immediate friends and family tend to be affected by natural causes death and there is usually a peaceful acceptance gradually with time.

2 things:

Take a serious look in the mirror and maybe seek therapy for your unceasing nihilistic thoughts. These are not the deep, intelligent thoughts of a healthy person.

They are cold, callous thoughts lacking any kind of human empathy that are frankly disturbing. Perhaps you are on the spectrum? That is far more acceptable than someone displaying outright signs of psychopathy.

I hope you take my words seriously for the benefit of the people you touch in your daily life. This is not a troll. This is for your benefit as well.

highwhey
08-05-2019, 11:32 AM

2 things:

damn, nice response.op really got checked by you.

i don

tpols
08-05-2019, 11:40 AM
Trump just blamed the attacks on fake news media.

Maybe Kblaze can set him straight

Shogon
08-05-2019, 01:13 PM
op with another try hard pseudo intellectual thread, except this is a straight ripoff from Neil Degrasse Tyson’s tweet. :roll:

Yes, because clearly I've never argued with this sort of reasoning ever before (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468493).

Not even once. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13735549&postcount=6)

Go eat yourself to death, highweight. Do it.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/83f2e6b49b55d7a05ffb07344f2b35a9/tenor.gif

Shogon
08-05-2019, 01:17 PM

What a garbage post.

2 things:

Nobody is saying that this guy shouldn't be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It's likely that he should be put to death. He's an idiot and he has caused irreparable harm to peoples' lives.

Everything that Loco 50 is arguing is emotion based. There is no reason or genuine thought there. It's just raw emotion pouring out through his fingertips. No brains, no reason, just emotion.

Death is death.

Don't sit there and even begin to argue that dying of heart disease is dying of "natural causes." No, it's a result of people like highweight gorging themselves and refraining from physical activity.

Aside from that, there are other obvious flaws to this argument. Where is the outrage for Chicago? Where is the outrage for our conduct in the Middle East? You people are retarded. It's because it's not "part of the plan." It really is that simple. Be ****ing honest with yourselves and pull your heads out of your asses.

The point once again, which was no where addressed in that silly little post, that the issue is here that people aren't comfortable with the idea of mass shootings happening because they're not "part of the plan."

We lose more people to gun violence every single day in this country than we will lose all year to mass shootings, and where is the outrage on that? There is hardly any. It's hardly discussed. Because people are sheep and they don't put more than an ounce of thought into their arguments, which this guy clearly also did not.

highwhey
08-05-2019, 01:25 PM
Yes, because clearly I've never argued with this sort of reasoning ever before (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468493).

Not even once. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13735549&postcount=6)

Go eat yourself to death, highweight. Do it.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/83f2e6b49b55d7a05ffb07344f2b35a9/tenor.gif
you must be fuming if you

Shogon
08-05-2019, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=highwhey]you must be fuming if you

highwhey
08-05-2019, 01:30 PM
I'll tell you what... I'll go see a mental health specialist once you start using a treadmill you fat ****.
very sad individual :(

Shogon
08-05-2019, 01:56 PM
very sad individual :(

Don

Dr Seuss
08-05-2019, 02:02 PM
Don’t start shit with personal attacks.

seek therapy.

there's other means of communication that dont require a keyboard.

warriorfan
08-05-2019, 02:02 PM

That is the truly sad and absurd part, that they really don

Prometheus
08-05-2019, 02:21 PM
I see why you feel alone so often.

This is sad.

I'm 100% on your side, OP. There are more tragic events happening within our own country - as well as perpetrated by our country onto others - all the time.

And no one bats an eye.

Loco 50
08-05-2019, 03:08 PM
What a garbage post.

Nobody is saying that this guy shouldn't be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. It's likely that he should be put to death. He's an idiot and he has caused irreparable harm to peoples' lives.

Everything that Loco 50 is arguing is emotion based. There is no reason or genuine thought there. It's just raw emotion pouring out through his fingertips. No brains, no reason, just emotion.

Death is death.

Don't sit there and even begin to argue that dying of heart disease is dying of "natural causes." No, it's a result of people like highweight gorging themselves and refraining from physical activity.

Aside from that, there are other obvious flaws to this argument. Where is the outrage for Chicago? Where is the outrage for our conduct in the Middle East? You people are retarded. It's because it's not "part of the plan." It really is that simple. Be ****ing honest with yourselves and pull your heads out of your asses.

The point once again, which was no where addressed in that silly little post, that the issue is here that people aren't comfortable with the idea of mass shootings happening because they're not "part of the plan."

We lose more people to gun violence every single day in this country than we will lose all year to mass shootings, and where is the outrage on that? There is hardly any. It's hardly discussed. Because people are sheep and they don't put more than an ounce of thought into their arguments, which this guy clearly also did not.
Death is death. The sun will eventually exhaust it's fuel supply resulting in death for our galaxy. This is nihilistic thought most likely stemming from depression. What's the point of it all? It's all hopeless. Depressed people get caught up.

Healthy people do what they can with the time they've got and don't spend time mitigating other peoples' loss exacerbating the natural negative sentiment that will surround an event like a mass shooting. Matter of fact, the healthiest of us help those that have suffered loss.

How do you know where the outrage exists and where it doesn't? From what mainstream media tells YOU? Or do you actually speak with people that these things like gun violence or heart disease actually have impact on. Ask a first responder for their thoughts on gun violence and gun control and see if you get a passive response. Ask the victim's family, friends and community that have now been changed forever.

Crimes like the mass shootings and gun violence in general impact far more than the immediate victims to the point where there is massive outcry, but it is suppressed. Suppressed by the media because it's now mundane, suppressed by the NRA because is goes against business, suppressed by the politicians because it goes against their pockets. Suppressed by the public because it's painful to talk about.

Ask a family doc that works with his obese population how he feels about the fast food industry or the sugar industry and see how long he remains calm. Such stupid false equivalencies.

You're asking for a uniform response from a diverse population and it's absurdly illogical and yet for some reason you proclaim nonstop what a logical thinker you are. You are not.

Newsflash: You and other people here are applying a fictional character's thoughts and actions to reality. Think about that for a moment. Why is that a necessity? Can't you draw from reality?

Newsflash 2: You don't understand people that well, as demonstrated by the views you express here. You can fix that by meeting more people outside of your usual circle. If I hadn't read enough from you, I would consider you a stupid person. You're not stupid, just woefully unaware of what reality is for many people outside your circle. So ignorant, I suppose. Now, should you choose to remain ignorant, that's your own fault and that makes you stupid.

Newsflash 3: You're constantly on here touting some stupid pop psychology or asinine anthropological study to back up your random belief of the day. Those are "soft" sciences. They mean fvck all in the scientific world because the studies that you are holding up are based on the subjective feelings of both the reporter and observer. You base concrete thought and beliefs on subjective data and you will get laughed out any room filled with people that actually deal with real scientific studies.

Just stop it all. You are not any more logical or emotionally centered than anybody else here. How your constant lashing out at people doesn't strike you as an emotional reaction is completely beyond my comprehension.

Finally, people aren't sheep. They are however, woefully under-educated. That's something you could help fix, if you got yourself straightened out, but ranting and raving at them isn't going to do a damn thing except lead you to an early grave from heart failure or an aneurysm caused by high blood. pressure.

Fvcking do some yoga or visit nature or wtf is the opposite of what you're doing. Anything to help you see some value in the world around you.

Newsflash 4: heart disease is a natural cause of death. You have a problem with that take it up with the medical board. Tell them how illogical their definition is.

Loco 50
08-05-2019, 03:10 PM
I see why you feel alone so often.

This is sad.

I'm 100% on your side, OP. There are more tragic events happening within our own country - as well as perpetrated by our country onto others - all the time.

And no one bats an eye.
Nobody? Really? Maybe get out and meet some more people before you make 100% assertions. There are a lot of interesting people and unique experiences to be had.

Prometheus
08-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Death is death. The sun will eventually exhaust it's fuel supply resulting in death for our galaxy.

Solar System*

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-05-2019, 03:34 PM

Thank you for bringing this up, Nanners. Really appreciate it.

warriorfan
08-05-2019, 03:40 PM
Nobody? Really? Maybe get out and meet some more people before you make 100% assertions. There are a lot of interesting people and unique experiences to be had.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/hyperbole

You

coin24
08-05-2019, 07:47 PM
Why do you guys really even need guns?

Nobody ever has one in an actual time of need. They just get abused by retards or taken by kids etc..
Durr freedom, amendment rights:facepalm

Only farmers/ hunters/ shooting ranges under a permit should have access to a gun.

warriorfan
08-05-2019, 08:31 PM
Why do you guys really even need guns?

Nobody ever has one in an actual time of need. They just get abused by retards or taken by kids etc..
Durr freedom, amendment rights:facepalm

Only farmers/ hunters/ shooting ranges under a permit should have access to a gun.

You are penalizing everyone for the negligence of a few

Basically you are saying we should ban all alcohol because a few people drive drunk

highwhey
08-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Death is death. The sun will eventually exhaust it's fuel supply resulting in death for our galaxy. This is nihilistic thought most likely stemming from depression. What's the point of it all? It's all hopeless. Depressed people get caught up.

Healthy people do what they can with the time they've got and don't spend time mitigating other peoples' loss exacerbating the natural negative sentiment that will surround an event like a mass shooting. Matter of fact, the healthiest of us help those that have suffered loss.

How do you know where the outrage exists and where it doesn't? From what mainstream media tells YOU? Or do you actually speak with people that these things like gun violence or heart disease actually have impact on. Ask a first responder for their thoughts on gun violence and gun control and see if you get a passive response. Ask the victim's family, friends and community that have now been changed forever.

Crimes like the mass shootings and gun violence in general impact far more than the immediate victims to the point where there is massive outcry, but it is suppressed. Suppressed by the media because it's now mundane, suppressed by the NRA because is goes against business, suppressed by the politicians because it goes against their pockets. Suppressed by the public because it's painful to talk about.

Ask a family doc that works with his obese population how he feels about the fast food industry or the sugar industry and see how long he remains calm. Such stupid false equivalencies.

You're asking for a uniform response from a diverse population and it's absurdly illogical and yet for some reason you proclaim nonstop what a logical thinker you are. You are not.

Newsflash: You and other people here are applying a fictional character's thoughts and actions to reality. Think about that for a moment. Why is that a necessity? Can't you draw from reality?

Newsflash 2: You don't understand people that well, as demonstrated by the views you express here. You can fix that by meeting more people outside of your usual circle. If I hadn't read enough from you, I would consider you a stupid person. You're not stupid, just woefully unaware of what reality is for many people outside your circle. So ignorant, I suppose. Now, should you choose to remain ignorant, that's your own fault and that makes you stupid.

Newsflash 3: You're constantly on here touting some stupid pop psychology or asinine anthropological study to back up your random belief of the day. Those are "soft" sciences. They mean fvck all in the scientific world because the studies that you are holding up are based on the subjective feelings of both the reporter and observer. You base concrete thought and beliefs on subjective data and you will get laughed out any room filled with people that actually deal with real scientific studies.

Just stop it all. You are not any more logical or emotionally centered than anybody else here. How your constant lashing out at people doesn't strike you as an emotional reaction is completely beyond my comprehension.

Finally, people aren't sheep. They are however, woefully under-educated. That's something you could help fix, if you got yourself straightened out, but ranting and raving at them isn't going to do a damn thing except lead you to an early grave from heart failure or an aneurysm caused by high blood. pressure.

Fvcking do some yoga or visit nature or wtf is the opposite of what you're doing. Anything to help you see some value in the world around you.

Newsflash 4: heart disease is a natural cause of death. You have a problem with that take it up with the medical board. Tell them how illogical their definition is.
he

coin24
08-05-2019, 08:46 PM
You are penalizing everyone for the negligence of a few

Basically you are saying we should ban all alcohol because a few people drive drunk

Penalising everyone?? Why do you need a gun??

There's a big difference between having a few drinks and having a gun:lol

dude77
08-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Penalising everyone?? Why do you need a gun??

There's a big difference between having a few drinks and having a gun:lol

alcohol is a problem too .. look up drunk driving deaths .. they're high as fk .. alcohol intoxicates you and then you end up doing stupid shit like driving intoxicated and killing yourself or killing someone else .. if we're talking about banning shit to prevent deaths then alcohol no doubt must be in the discussion ... but it's not and it won't be so what is the real end game here ?

ILLsmak
08-05-2019, 10:19 PM
it's like this, brew.

Yes, the media does enjoy feasting on this stuff because it drives ratings, but the main reason why it's so upsetting to everyone is because there are plenty of people who are mad at the world right now and nothing is stopping them from going to their neighbor's house and shooting them up, or the local grocery store.

There's all this chaos and nothing to protect us from it, except luck. That's not a reason to take everyone's guns away, tho, but if dudes are posting manifestos online, they should be more closely watched. If you have to get background checked hard to purchase an assault weapon, that's not the brain police. It's like what they've done to regulate benzos and opiate pain killers. It's probably harder for average joe to get his hands on either of those two things than it is for him to get a ****ing semi-auto rifle. That's crazy.

I want people to have assault weps cuz some day we will probably need them, but I'm not against some of these dudes having to have a psychiatric evaluation if they are flagged. Don't post your manifesto. Don't start talking like a radical. These people aren't really insane, the insane dudes get shot, the guys who are like o surrender are just angry little kids. Most insane people probably don't even want a gun. haha, I know I don't. If shit goes down, I'll find a way if I need to, and if not... y'know being shot is a pretty good death, I'd say. Anything quick is gg.

And yes someone who is a smart psychologist/psychiatrist should be able to tell who is a danger, and then he can sign off on it, so it's like welp you let this guy have a gun. If they don't agree with the diagnosis, then get a judge, then the judge can put his name on it.

We need guns because some day we might need to use militias. The government might collapse, anything could happen. If like 100 people got ar-15s and stormed your state capital, that would be some ****ing crazy movie shit, but logically it makes a lot more sense than going into wal-mart and killing 25 people.

In summary: it's true that it doesn't happen often, but the part that bothers people, and the part that lets the people who 'want to take our guns away' seize on it, is that we have zero power to stop it once someone gets that in their mind. Especially if they are smart enough to not tell anyone, but most of these dudes seem like they want fame or something.

-Smak

TheMan
08-05-2019, 11:52 PM
He's raising questions about an issue which causes people outrage. Of course he's going to be called crazy. lol.
He's asking people to put away their natural instinct to feel empathy for fellow humans because more people die of cancer :rolleyes: So yeah, let's not do anything and be cool with the fact that some idiot incel can go kill dozens of innocent schmucks going about their business in any town or city in America at anytime, screw it, if you're unlucky enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, then too bad, more people die of heart disease!

OP is a straight out pyscho :oldlol:

coin24
08-06-2019, 12:22 AM
alcohol is a problem too .. look up drunk driving deaths .. they're high as fk .. alcohol intoxicates you and then you end up doing stupid shit like driving intoxicated and killing yourself or killing someone else .. if we're talking about banning shit to prevent deaths then alcohol no doubt must be in the discussion ... but it's not and it won't be so what is the real end game here ?

No one is arguing that drink driving isn't a problem. There are laws in place for that, and of course there are idiots that ignore safety for themselves and more importantly others.

We had guns banned in Australia around 20 years ago, didn't effect anyone's freedom. I'd still love to hear a legit reason why the average person needs to have a gun in America, not just pointing the finger at other potentially dangerous substances etc. I find it crazy how riled up people get over this issue.

Prometheus
08-06-2019, 12:27 AM
He's asking people to put away their natural instinct to feel empathy for fellow humans because more people die of cancer :rolleyes: So yeah, let's not do anything and be cool with the fact that some idiot incel can go kill dozens of innocent schmucks going about their business in any town or city in America at anytime, screw it, if you're unlucky enough to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, then too bad, more people die of heart disease!

OP is a straight out pyscho :oldlol:

We are interpreting this differently.

You see OP and think "He wants me to not care about this? F*ck that. What a psycho."

I see OP and think, "If we care so much about this, then why don't we care about the rest of the firearm homicides in our country, which are vastly more numerous? Why don't we care about the warzones that are our inner cities? Why don't we care about all of the civilians killed by the USA in foreign interventionist military operations every day, for years, in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, etc.? I'll tell you why. Because we aren't told to care. We let our feelings be dictated by our corporate media. And that is both ignorant and frightening."

That's all. Just a difference in interpretation.

Lakers Legend#32
08-06-2019, 12:32 AM
real life joker already in power
Sure the Joker is a homicidal maniac, but I think even the Clown Prince of Crime would be offended by being compared to Trump.

GimmeThat
08-06-2019, 12:41 AM
the joker would not find "It's all part of the plan" very funny when he becomes the left