PDA

View Full Version : My personal experience with Asian basketball and prejudice

90sgoat
08-08-2019, 09:28 AM
I just can't let the story of Darel Morey's unfortunate commens about J. Lin go.

He is so wrong.

I once played basketball in Asia in a members only tennis club and I beat a chinese dude and we had a talk about basketball and we both agreed that there was a "right way" and a "wrong way" to play basketball. The "right way" was to pass the ball, hot potato style, and not dribble and not be selfish.

I also played in a local park in South East Asia and me and my bro were dominating the hell out of these people grabbing rebounds and taking open shots, however we were told (by subtle signals) that such "wrong way" basketball was not acceptable. Everyone needs to touch the ball before you can score.

I think Darryl Morey can learn a lot about the "right way" to play basketball from the Asians.

fiddy
08-08-2019, 10:19 AM
Darryl Morey doesnt play or coach basketball. Jusss sayin.

90sgoat
08-08-2019, 10:22 AM
Darryl Morey doesnt play or coach basketball. Jusss sayin.

Exactly, he is a fat nerd.

Haymaker
08-08-2019, 10:56 AM
That's communist basketball.

FKAri
08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
This. OP wants handouts. You earn your touches you unkempt commie bastard.

BigKobeFan
08-08-2019, 11:38 AM
Blacks are the most racist people on this planet

MaxPlayer
08-08-2019, 11:50 AM
Blacks are the most racist people on this planet

Love the (unintentional?) irony of this post

90sgoat
08-08-2019, 02:01 PM

:biggums:

Honestly never thought about it like this. Mindblown.gif

However..

It's not really communist though. If it was communist, it would be 4 asians and one small guard who took all the shots while telling the other 4 that they got just as many shots as he did. That's the reality of communist basketball.

sammichoffate
08-08-2019, 03:07 PM
That's communist basketball.It's San Antonio basketball, any guy on that team can lead the team in scoring on any given night.

Bosnian Sajo
08-08-2019, 03:21 PM
I also played in a local park in South East Asia and me and my bro were dominating the hell out of these people grabbing rebounds and taking open shots, however we were told (by subtle signals) that such "wrong way" basketball was not acceptable. Everyone needs to touch the ball before you can score.

That's honestly some of the most pu$sified shit I've ever heard in my life...yea, it's nice if everyone can touch the ball....but if these dudes obviously inferior skill wise/athletically, you go up and score that mfin ball.

ImKobe
08-08-2019, 03:29 PM
That's honestly some of the most pu$sified shit I've ever heard in my life...yea, it's nice if everyone can touch the ball....but if these dudes obviously inferior skill wise/athletically, you go up and score that mfin ball.

But OP is not Kobe on the 2006 Lakers, if you're playing in the park and you're all pretty similar in terms of skill then you're going to get kicked out of a game if you play hero ball, it's a team game and your teammates want to score too.

Obviously the rules change if you're playing a league game and your team goes to your best player more in order to win but it's not acceptable to freeze out your teammates in a casual setting like that. And generally, more ball movement leads to better scoring opportunities. Just look at Jordan and Kobe in the triangle. Those guys chucked 20-30 shots a night but at least everyone got to touch the ball on offense which made their teams harder to guard.

Bosnian Sajo
08-08-2019, 03:39 PM
But OP is not Kobe on the 2006 Lakers, if you're playing in the park and you're all pretty similar in terms of skill then you're going to get kicked out of a game if you play hero ball, it's a team game and your teammates want to score too.

Yea, if you ball hog you're gonna get kicked out...no question.

Who mentioned that though?

He said that regardless of the matchup/opportunity, EVERYONE should touch the ball before you try to score.

I'm here to tell you that's some straight pus$y shit lol. Go up and score.

ImKobe
08-08-2019, 03:51 PM
Yea, if you ball hog you're gonna get kicked out...no question.

Who mentioned that though?

He said that regardless of the matchup/opportunity, EVERYONE should touch the ball before you try to score.

I'm here to tell you that's some straight pus$y shit lol. Go up and score.

Of course, I think OP just worded it wrong.

90sgoat
08-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Actually Lin is a very untypical asian baller, he is more american baller, probably cause he is christian.

NBAGOAT
08-08-2019, 05:11 PM
Actually Lin is a very untypical asian baller, he is more american baller, probably cause he is christian.

:lol being christian has nothing to do with it. has far more to do with growing up in america and I think he even played aau ball, your number 1 punching bag.

meat
08-08-2019, 05:31 PM
My god OP you are a straight up ... something. The whole reason Linsanity started was because he was asian. It surprised the hell out of the entire nation. Not just Morey. If some random black guy balled out for what? 10 games? We sure as hell wouldn't be talking about him almost 10 years later.

Hey you remember when Vernon Maxwell or Corey Brewer scored 50 points in a game? Probably not.

I guess the NBA needs to learn this magical asian style of bball you witnessed on some random street court and stop being so damn racist.

And1AllDay
08-08-2019, 06:10 PM
This. OP wants handouts. You earn your touches you unkempt commie bastard.
:oldlol: :roll: :roll:

ralph_i_el
08-08-2019, 07:04 PM
I played with some Chinese kids in Beijing and they seemed to be really in to And-1 style moves. A guy did a 360 finger roll right by me. We got killed.

There's more Chinese people than Americans+Europeans combined. Plenty of room for many styles of ball.

Xiao Yao You
08-08-2019, 07:27 PM

or because he's American :rolleyes:

brooks_thompson
08-08-2019, 07:53 PM
This is a low point for ISH...which is whoa. Not only was the half-satire/half-parody attempt of the OP poor from the start, there were serious replies to this crap. And less serious replies that were less funny than the OP (excepting that original communist ball post)

We were told through subtle signals was kind of funny though

Levity
08-08-2019, 07:53 PM
This is a low point for ISH...which is whoa. Not only was the half-satire/half-parody attempt of the OP poor from the start, there were serious replies to this crap.

The ISH Depression.