PDA

View Full Version : Kuzma: Why Can't I be the 3rd Star?

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 09:46 PM
Kyle Kuzma- "Last year I didn't shoot the ball well, and I still averaged almost 20 [points per game]. If I can shoot the ball well and keep developing the facets of my game defensively, I don't see why I can't [be that third star]."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27344043/capable-being-lakers-third-star

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 09:57 PM

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Kuzma's shot is looking a lot nicer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBA/status/1159580700904849408?s=09

bizil
08-08-2019, 10:31 PM
The Lakers could have something VICIOUS on deck if Kuz steps it up another level. And if Boogie can get to 90% of what he was. EVEN IF these things don't happen, they can win a ring. BUT if these things do happen, the Lakers will have a legit potential dynasty on deck. Because they will have more different effective lineups to throw at people than anybody else. AD, Boogie, and Kuz would give Bron THE MOST scoring help he's ever had in his career. And all three are under 30 years old.

Bron could LEGIT tailor his game to be a more athletic Magic Johnson. With perimeter defenders like Green and Bradley, Bron could play the PG flat out if he chose to. And let them guard the PG. I'm not talking his normal point forward spot either. Amazingly some people DON'T KNOW the difference between PG and point forward! LOL

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 10:33 PM
The Lakers could have something VICIOUS on deck if Kuz steps it up another level. And if Boogie can get to 90% of what he was. EVEN IF these things don't happen, they can win a ring. BUT if these things do happen, the Lakers will have a legit potential dynasty on deck. Because they will have more different effective lineups to throw at people than anybody else. AD, Boogie, and Kuz would give Bron THE MOST scoring help he's ever had in his career. And all three are under 30 years old.

Bron could LEGIT tailor his game to be a more athletic Magic Johnson. With perimeter defenders like Green and Bradley, Bron could play the PG flat out. And let them guard the PG. I'm not talking his normal point forward spot either. Amazingly some people DON'T KNOW the difference between PG and point forward! LOL

There's is a lot of combinations you can throw. I think Kuzma, at the very worst, will make a good jump from last season. His shooting has been a key focus and Kuz said it himself. If can he get his shooting % on from last season, he's scoring 20+ easy. EASY.

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 10:35 PM
Kuzma's a lot taller than Harrison Barnes.

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1159652144674308096

WHAT A DUNK :eek: :eek:

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 10:36 PM
Klay: “He’s perfect for today’s game with his ability to score on the perimeter,” Thompson said. “He’s really like a three man playing the four. He has to improve his catch-and-shoot ability a little more, obviously playing with LeBron [James] and A.D. [Anthony Davis] now, but I think he’s going to take on that third superstar role and really take off with it. He’s a very hard worker, which is what I like about him.”

:eek: :eek: :eek:

elementally morale
08-08-2019, 10:38 PM
One more time. I was the Kuzma supporter from the get go. OP thought Ingram and Lonzo are better. Especially Ingram. We don't hear much about Ingram's potential from OP, do we?

bizil
08-08-2019, 10:42 PM
There's is a lot of combinations you can throw. I think Kuzma, at the very worst, will make a good jump from last season. His shooting has been a key focus and Kuz said it himself. If can he get his shooting % on from last season, he's scoring 20+ easy. EASY.

No doubt about it! He at least makes a good jump this season. Having Bron and AD around will FOR SURE open things even more than ever for him on top of it. So between his improvement in general AND being on this type of squad, I think he's the X factor. We know how good Boogie can be at his best. We DON'T KNOW how good Kuz could get! The potential is definitely there though.

Personally, I would like him more at the SF position. So the Lakers can keep AD at the PF a lot of the time while they have Boogie and Javale at C. Then when they play AD at center, Kuz is versatile enought to run the 4 spot.

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 10:43 PM
No doubt about it! He at least makes a good jump this season. Having Bron and AD around will FOR SURE open things even more than ever for him on top of it. So between his improvement in general AND being on this type of squad, I think he's the X factor. We know how good Boogie can be at his best. We DON'T KNOW how good Kuz could get! The potential is definitely there though.

Personally, I would like him more at the SF position. So the Lakers can keep AD at the PF a lot of the time while they have Boogie and Javale at C. Then when they play AD at center, Kuz is versatile enought to run the 4 spot.

It also helps that Luke Walton wont be throwing Kuzma at the 5 ever again. That shit is not beneficial for a young guy. Kuz said it himself last season was difficult changing roles throughout the year and altering his shot mechanic. He's keyed in this season with a coach who will put him in the right spots. I expect 20 ppg range with high %. and hopefully some defence.

Shogon
08-08-2019, 11:10 PM
One more time. I was the Kuzma supporter from the get go. OP thought Ingram and Lonzo are better. Especially Ingram. We don't hear much about Ingram's potential from OP, do we?

Yeah, OP is a retard.

However, Lonzo has a lot higher upside than Kuzma. I think Lonzo ends up the best of the three if he stays healthy.

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 11:15 PM
However, Lonzo has a lot higher upside than Kuzma. I think Lonzo ends up the best of the three if he stays healthy.

Both Lonzo and Ingram have higher upside. Ingram had a better season than Kuzma and is a couple years younger. These are all facts.

GimmeThat
08-08-2019, 11:45 PM
his style of play isn't suited for the playoffs, and on the subject of his shot selection, he's similar to the Orlando Magic JJ Reddick, teams literally let him drove by playing just enough defense knowing he's going to pass

he's 6'9" and hasn't really shown much than being different than 'the cookie' Brian Cook. A less athletic Tyler Hansbrough that can really shoot?

as to Klay's comment, I don't see Kuzma's ability to create being more than that of Adam Morrison either

but sure, if Kuzma started having elite handle, he may be comparable to Mike Dunleavy

AirTupac
08-08-2019, 11:47 PM
his style of play isn't suited for the playoffs, and on the subject of his shot selection, he's similar to the Orlando Magic JJ Reddick, teams literally let him drove by playing just enough defense knowing he's going to pass

he's 6'9" and hasn't really shown much than being different than 'the cookie' Brian Cook. A less athletic Tyler Hansbrough that can really shoot?

as to Klay's comment, I don't see Kuzma's ability to create being more than that of Adam Morrison either

but sure, if Kuzma started having elite handle, he may be comparable to Mike Dunleavy

Hmm should we listen to GimmeThat from ISH or Klay Thompson / Kobe / LeBron etc.

:lol

PP34Deuce
08-09-2019, 12:03 AM
Kuzma is antawn Jamie
son like

Athletic above average
Crafty
Score first
Lockeroom guy

GimmeThat
08-09-2019, 12:20 AM
Hmm should we listen to GimmeThat from ISH or Klay Thompson / Kobe / LeBron etc.

:lol

you wanna know why no one cares about you?

let me spell it out for you, you're an emotional b*tch who believes in entitlement

AirTupac
08-09-2019, 12:35 AM
you wanna know why no one cares about you?

let me spell it out for you, you're an emotional b*tch who believes in entitlement

You care baby. You care. :kobe:

GimmeThat
08-09-2019, 01:10 AM
You care baby. You care. :kobe:

here's me putting down the will on skipping your funeral

AirTupac
08-09-2019, 01:11 AM
here's me putting down the will on skipping your funeral

Make sure your momma has her mouth open for my piss :lol

MrFonzworth
08-09-2019, 04:17 AM
GimmeThat isn't schizo anymore?:biggums:

Spurs m8
08-09-2019, 04:53 AM
They would have more chance at a ring if the empty stat padding team killer and locker room cancer wasn't on the team.

ImKobe
08-09-2019, 08:00 AM
He could be, especially with the LA market, but he needs to shoot the three at around 35-40% like he did his rookie year. If last year was a "sophomore slump" for him, he should be alright. 20/6/3 if he shoots the three at around 36-37% like he did as a rookie.

AirTupac
08-09-2019, 08:19 AM
He could be, especially with the LA market, but he needs to shoot the three at around 35-40% like he did his rookie year. If last year was a "sophomore slump" for him, he should be alright. 20/6/3 if he shoots the three at around 36-37% like he did as a rookie.

His shooting form looks better. He's been working lethal shooter this off-season who's well known and Kuz will have a specific role finally rather than being thrown to play the 5 at times. Should be a big year.

Levity
08-09-2019, 01:03 PM
Levity: you can be, buddy!

dbugz
08-09-2019, 01:48 PM
Clearly better than Outgram :oldlol:

AirTupac
08-09-2019, 01:49 PM
Clearly better than Outgram :oldlol:
:djparty :djparty Lakers win baby :djparty :djparty