PDA

View Full Version : KD or KG

Akeem34TheDream
08-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Yeah different positions but who was/is simply better?

Real14
08-12-2019, 05:48 PM
Mods?

PickernRoller
08-12-2019, 05:49 PM
I love the privacy of this poll.

Ain't surprised it's tied... :lol :lol

Carbine
08-12-2019, 06:50 PM
Durant pretty easily for me.

Manny98
08-12-2019, 06:57 PM
KD easily

Shogon
08-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Why are some of you dumb****s saying "mods" and or acting like this is a ridiculous question to pose... it isn't...

If you think it's a ridiculous question, that's because your puny brain only sees ISO scoring and that's it.

It's a perfectly legitimate thread and the two of them aren't terribly far off.

Peak for peak? I'd rather have KG but I wouldn't be mad at anyone that says Durant. I would be mad at anyone that says "Durant easily" because that's just nonsensical idiocy.

You put KG on the 2017 Warriors instead of Durant and you might be pushing 75+ wins.

AussieSteve
08-12-2019, 08:39 PM
Transcendent offense and decent defense

Vs

Transcendent defense and very good (but not great) offense.

I'll take the former over a guy who who never scored more than 35 points in a the playoffs.

DoctorP
08-12-2019, 09:16 PM
i chose KD because i valued scoring and three-pointers over front court shit

warriorfan
08-12-2019, 09:45 PM
Why are some of you dumb****s saying "mods" and or acting like this is a ridiculous question to pose... it isn't...

If you think it's a ridiculous question, that's because your puny brain only sees ISO scoring and that's it.

Peak for peak? I'd rather have KG but I wouldn't be mad at anyone that says Durant. I would be mad at anyone that says "Durant easily" because that's just nonsensical idiocy.

You put KG on the 2017 Warriors instead of Durant and you might be pushing 75+ wins.

This. KG is like a Bill Gates

stalkerforlife
08-12-2019, 09:50 PM
KD.

KG highly overrated.

KD is so much better offensively and was actually a damn good defender for a while.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2019, 10:18 PM
KG's offense was actually fairly limited.

Mid-range jumper (standstill or off pick-n-pop) or post fade turnaround. His passing out of the post was great as well, but outside of that, he wasn't breaking any boundaries on offense.

Meanwhile, KD is one of the most purely talented basketball players the game has seen.

Yes, KG's defensive impact was great, but b/c KD is no slouch himself...it's definitely not enough to give him any kind of edge overall.

KD. In a landslide.

tpols
08-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Durant is quicker, smoother, and almost feather like in his ability to rain in from anywhere. Hes obviously not as good defensively as garnett but i think hes the better piece all things considered.

ClipperRevival
08-12-2019, 10:43 PM
Lol. KD. You take dominant GOAT tier offense over GOAT tier D. Nothing is more important than GOAT tier O.

superduper
08-12-2019, 10:54 PM

KG on those Warrior teams would be deadly but they still wouldn't have their stone cold closer. They would have the same problems.

Would be interesting af though..

SouBeachTalents
08-12-2019, 11:05 PM
KG on those Warrior teams would be deadly but they still wouldn't have their stone cold closer. They would have the same problems.

Would be interesting af though..
It'd still be game over for the league :lol Just for context, the Warriors would be getting the '04, MVP version of KG if he were to join them at the same age that Durant did

NBAGOAT
08-12-2019, 11:06 PM
I

Reggie43
08-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Garnett was a Goat tier talent that anchored both offense and defense at his peak while playing the right way, unselfish to a fault.

Prometheus
08-12-2019, 11:21 PM
Because of how different they are/were, and because they are/were both such transcendent players, it really just depends who else you have.

If your team already has a strong leadership presence, and maybe lacks a good crunch time iso scoring threat, you have to think KD is your guy.

If you don't have a leader, or you don't have any good bigs who can play great defense, then KG would help you more - regardless of what your offense looks like.

Gougou
08-12-2019, 11:32 PM
I love KG but I still take KD in a heart beat.

This guy can just give you over 30 points easily in his sleep, can score on any defender if he gets hot.

Carbine
08-12-2019, 11:35 PM
KG great at carrying bad teams?

He missed the playoffs in his age 28/29/30 seasons with bad rosters. That's pretty much his prime years. Before the conference finals in 2004 his team was a first round exit since Garnett was there.

KD defense gets underrated in this discussion. Garnett was an all time great defender. Durant isn't so far behind prime for prime. His Warrior defense was pretty much elite. I'd say he was comfortably a top 10 impact defender in the NBA. It wasn't uncommon to see him have more impact on defense in some games than Draymond.

Reggie43
08-12-2019, 11:51 PM
What most people fail to realize is that Garnett had the ability to score 30 a game easily with the offensive skillset that he had but he had to do everything on those bad Minny teams just to make the playoffs, not having the luxury to concentrate on one aspect of the game.

LoneyROY7
08-12-2019, 11:56 PM
What most people fail to realize is that Garnett had the ability to score 30 a game easily with the offensive skillset that he had but he had to do everything on those bad Minny teams just to make the playoffs, not having the luxury to concentrate on one aspect of the game.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Give me a break. The offensive skillset that consisted primarily of post fade turnarounds and mid-range jumpers? He wasn't a dominant post-scorer that could back you all the way down to the front of rim and he didn't have the quickness to beat his man consistently from the perimeter.

But please enlighten the class on how he could "easily" score 30 a game. Jesus.

scuzzy
08-13-2019, 12:04 AM

Give me a break. The offensive skillset that consisted primarily of post fade turnarounds and mid-range jumpers? He wasn't a dominant post-scorer that could back you all the way down to the front of rim and he didn't have the quickness to beat his man consistently from the perimeter.

This

KG was never a 30ppg scoring powerhouse on offense

His bread n butter was always defense

I don't know how one player can be so underrated and overrated at the same time. That's KG's legacy though:oldlol:

Carbine
08-13-2019, 12:07 AM
Revisionist history.

If Garnett had a go to offensive game, his playoff success would be more than 7 straight first round exits to start his career, followed by 3 missed playoffs after the conference final.

It's what separated him and Duncan. Garnett could do it every once in awhile, but he could not sustain it for long stretches.

I said this in 2007, his skill set is that of the best #2 of all time.

Reggie43
08-13-2019, 12:21 AM

Imagine a world where peak Garnett never had to rebound like Rodman or play defense and playmake like Pippen for his teams to win and instead used that energy to score. 30 easy especially in todays rules

GimmeThat
08-13-2019, 12:34 AM
KD is in the lead by WS

LoneyROY7
08-13-2019, 12:38 AM
Imagine a world where peak Garnett never had to rebound like Rodman or play defense and playmake like Pippen for his teams to win and instead used that energy to score. 30 easy especially in todays rules

And yet none of your post demonstrates his actual offensive capability (or lack thereof in this case) to do such a thing.

Sorry, just having more energy isn't going to cut it.

NBAGOAT
08-13-2019, 12:54 AM
KG great at carrying bad teams?

He missed the playoffs in his age 28/29/30 seasons with bad rosters. That's pretty much his prime years. Before the conference finals in 2004 his team was a first round exit since Garnett was there.

KD defense gets underrated in this discussion. Garnett was an all time great defender. Durant isn't so far behind prime for prime. His Warrior defense was pretty much elite. I'd say he was comfortably a top 10 impact defender in the NBA. It wasn't uncommon to see him have more impact on defense in some games than Draymond.

Those pre 04 teams are not good, I consider them bad. Those post 04 teams especially 06 and 07 are all time bad and he was a little worse by then too.

Duncan21formvp
11-19-2019, 11:21 PM
Durant

superduper
11-19-2019, 11:24 PM
Both owned Bran's soul

red1
11-19-2019, 11:25 PM
Both owned Bran's soul
you are one obsessed retard. holy shit.

red1
11-19-2019, 11:26 PM
the correct answer is kd.

kd is just better than kg.

Uncle Drew
11-20-2019, 04:12 AM
One thing though, I don’t think KD would be able to lead the Wolves and go toe to toe with Shaq - and probably would’ve beaten him if not for Cassell celebrating with his balls - like KG did.

John8204
01-24-2022, 09:41 PM
I think KD is on track to overtake KG in about 2-3 seasons but he really needs to win a chip and stay healthy for a season.