PDA

View Full Version : If there

Shogon
08-13-2019, 09:18 AM
If we were without power for 6+ months, what is your plan to adapt and survive?

egokiller
08-13-2019, 09:22 AM
You can drop me in the woods with nothing but a compass and a knife and I

Shogon
08-13-2019, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=egokiller]You can drop me in the woods with nothing but a compass and a knife and I

Patrick Chewing
08-13-2019, 09:30 AM
The people with guns will have all the power.

rufuspaul
08-13-2019, 10:29 AM
My house in Maine is completely off the grid. I'd stay up there.

Where I would either freeze or starve to death the first winter.

Prometheus
08-13-2019, 10:30 AM
Nice. How did you learn such things?

Dad? Uncle? Boy Scouts? Classes?

Or were you just an exclusively outdoors kid growing up?

He's lying.

warriorfan
08-13-2019, 10:48 AM
I think I could make it 6 months. Find a medium sized dog for security purposes. If you scavenged stores early enough you could get a lot of food to hold onto. Pick a place to stay on that is within walking distance of a river or stream. Board up all windows and back or side door entrances. Start hunting.

egokiller
08-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Nice. How did you learn such things?

Dad? Uncle? Boy Scouts? Classes?

Or were you just an exclusively outdoors kid growing up?

Used to go on these types of trips with my uncle and cousins.

Patrick Chewing
08-13-2019, 12:14 PM
My house in Maine is completely off the grid. I'd stay up there.

Where I would either freeze or starve to death the first winter.

Rufus after the first Winter storm....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/a7/2f/65a72fb0c878e2aa7a8bf93b385b6a9a.jpg

Levity
08-13-2019, 12:20 PM
befriend the amish

rufuspaul
08-13-2019, 02:41 PM
Rufus after the first Winter storm....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/a7/2f/65a72fb0c878e2aa7a8bf93b385b6a9a.jpg

:oldlol: Pretty much

MJ(Mean John)
08-13-2019, 02:55 PM
I think I could make it 6 months. Find a medium sized dog for security purposes. If you scavenged stores early enough you could get a lot of food to hold onto. Pick a place to stay on that is within walking distance of a river or stream. Board up all windows and back or side door entrances. Start hunting.

So good point, but I'm wondering, IF* this were to happen, who will continue to do their job? Cops/Firemen/ what will people do? banks and money and stores wotn work.
Doctors? medicine? CVS? Etc.

rufuspaul
08-13-2019, 03:07 PM
So good point, but I'm wondering, IF* this were to happen, who will continue to do their job? Cops/Firemen/ what will people do? banks and money and stores wotn work.
Doctors? medicine? CVS? Etc.

There would be a run on generators.

Patrick Chewing
08-13-2019, 03:10 PM
About what point do we resort to cannibalism? A couple of years? A year? Less than that?

We'll have to form a search party and hunt for highwhey then.

DaHeezy
08-13-2019, 03:22 PM
The people with guns will have all the power.

Yup

Every survival movie ever made falls under this premise

The first thing that would happen is wide spread looting for battery chargers. People need to update their IG and Twitter

MrFonzworth
08-13-2019, 05:00 PM
Not being able to log on to ISH and talk for hours about politics?

ILLsmak
08-13-2019, 05:21 PM
Sell my bitcoin asap. Haha.

A lot of people would die. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. I'd probably be OK but yknow getting clean water would be hard. We probably have enough bottled water for like a month or something in the US (total bs number who knows), but then what? Id shower n shave w salt water. I could fakn rinse in the laguna Madre. No fux. But I need water to drink and I dono if that would be working out. Could do that shit where you boil up and catch the steam but that'd not be super sanitary in comparison.

Some shit like that would thin the population quick fast. I'd also be into going to a cold place for summer n warm for winter, assuming gas is available. There's no way to plan for that shit, you just survive. I like fruit, veggies, dried stuff like cereal. So that's not an issue. Water seems to be. Would be boring, dudes would have to have conversations and play sports, fish, do good Ole boy shit. Have to sleep when it's dark. I dono how all those old dudes stayed up by candle light and wrote novels or did science, crazy.

-Smak