PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to or live in BC, Canada?

superduper
08-13-2019, 11:27 PM
I think I saw DaHeezy said he lives in BC? DaHeezy if that's true I am jealous fam, I'm visiting right now in Vancouver. It is beautiful out here (your license plates don't lie with the "Beautiful British Columbia").

Just wondering if anyone from the States or elsewhere has travelled here? If not and if you love natural beauty/a lot of trees/hills/fresh air you should definitely check it out.

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 12:48 AM
I think I saw DaHeezy said he lives in BC? DaHeezy if that's true I am jealous fam, I'm visiting right now in Vancouver. It is beautiful out here (your license plates don't lie with the "Beautiful British Columbia").

Just wondering if anyone from the States or elsewhere has travelled here? If not and if you love natural beauty/a lot of trees/hills/fresh air you should definitely check it out.

Where u staying bruh? I'm out in Surrey but I hang in Van all the time. How long u staying?

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 12:56 AM
I might be behind the bar for UFC somewhere DT. Haven't decided if f I wanted to work it, but I'll be there anyways

scuzzy
08-14-2019, 01:03 AM
Where did they find the bodies of those two BC kids who murdered those people?

I read they both ate lead

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 01:58 AM
Where did they find the bodies of those two BC kids who murdered those people?

I read they both ate lead

They were found in Manitoba. They killed themselves

superduper
08-14-2019, 09:57 AM
Where u staying bruh? I'm out in Surrey but I hang in Van all the time. How long u staying?

My Airbnb is in Surrey!

Bro.. if you aren't Indian/brown and you live here I feel bad af for you. Nice and quiet area but man, speaking as an Indian person myself, I am SICK of literally seeing Indian people every single direction I turn my head here in Surrey, literally 99.9999% people :oldlol:

Other than that, good for you for living here, it is absolutely beautiful bro.

I got here Sunday leaving Friday. So far saw Gastown, Stanely Park, Grouse Mountain/Capilano Suspension. Today we going to Victoria, tomorrow Whistler, then back to Toronto on Friday. I'm here with my parents so it's a very PG rated trip :oldlol:

Might consider moving here in the near future.

superduper
08-14-2019, 10:05 AM
I might be behind the bar for UFC somewhere DT. Haven't decided if f I wanted to work it, but I'll be there anyways

Where should I go DT if I wanted to hang at night? Where are the bar strips?

n00bie
08-14-2019, 10:24 AM
My Airbnb is in Surrey!

Bro.. if you aren't Indian/brown and you live here I feel bad af for you. Nice and quiet area but man, speaking as an Indian person myself, I am SICK of literally seeing Indian people every single direction I turn my head here in Surrey, literally 99.9999% people :oldlol:

I got here Sunday leaving Friday. So far saw Gastown, Stanely Park, Grouse Mountain/Capilano Suspension. Today we going to Victoria, tomorrow Whistler, then back to Toronto on Friday. I'm here with my parents so it's a very PG rated trip :oldlol:

I hope you're extremely wealthy.

superduper
08-14-2019, 10:26 AM
I hope you're extremely wealthy.

I mean I'm coming from Toronto it's like the same shit cost of living wise.

Was searching up house prices in Delta/Surrey yesterday and considering the square footage some of the prices were not bad (relatively). Some were as expensive as Toronto.

n00bie
08-14-2019, 11:14 AM
I mean I'm coming from Toronto it's like the same shit cost of living wise.

Was searching up house prices in Delta/Surrey yesterday and considering the square footage some of the prices were not bad (relatively). Some were as expensive as Toronto.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Surrey considered the ghetto? That's like comparing Jane & Finch with Surrey prices.

superduper
08-14-2019, 11:15 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Surrey considered the ghetto? That's like comparing Jane & Finch with Surrey prices.

THIS is the ghetto?? That's a nice ass ghetto boy wtf :oldlol:

And I live in Rexdale in Toronto which is the 2nd "ghetto" I guess?? Was born Jane and Finch.

n00bie
08-14-2019, 11:16 AM
THIS is the ghetto?? That's a nice ass ghetto boy wtf :oldlol:

I believe Surrey has the highest crime rates in all of the Vancouver area. :oldlol:

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 12:53 PM
My Airbnb is in Surrey!

Where at? lol. Lot's of Airbnb in Surrey. I'm in Guildford, about a couple of blocks from the mall.

Lol, you literally are in the biggest brown outside of India. Wanna really see brown? Go to the Strawberry Hills area in Surrey. Not gonna lie bro, Indians get a tough rep around the lower mainland. Not trying to be racist as I have a ton of brown friends, but they have a stigma of being inconsiderate jerks. You may from time to time get weird vibes. Some clubs don't even let brown people in

I grew up in Coquitlam. Not a predominantly hispanic area. We're spread around. I bought a place in Surrey during the buyer's era. Bought my condo for $250,000 10 years ago. It's now appraised at over $600,000. Gonna sit on the value. The Hong Kong boom coming in next year is gonna keep skyrocketing the property value.

You'll need a good +60,000 job. I make over 100K and sometimes feel myself tightening my pants

Lol, very touristy things. The ferry is pretty cool to the Island. If you're there check out the Sticky Wicket. Such a cool diverse bar in the middle of DT. It's a good night any night. Victoria is a severe college town. During the day it's all seniors. But at night it's all young adults. there's a 5 to 1 women to men ratio in Vic. Not kidding. If you like beer I suggest eating at Spinnakers. Cool brewhouse by the bay there.

Bad time to go to Whistler as the Gondola broke down. But cool town. Skier community. Cool shops

Did you hit Kitsfest on the weekend? There was a ball tourney. I was gonna play but worked an event for the brewery. Didn't have the chance to make it

Like I said, make sure you have a secure job. Or find yourself living in Abbotsford. It's even expensive to rent. Unless you want a studio. Hit me up next time. Surrey has good ball. Lot's of outdoor parks. Plus I work in the hospitality industry. I can get you into the clubs. Have fun :cheers:

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 12:55 PM

Surrey is massive. It has a bigger landmass than than Metro Vancouver, Burnaby, and Richmond combined. There are areas in Surrey way more gentrified than Vancouver. It's a progressive city. People moving out of Van and moving in to the suburbs for the bigger living area at a cheaper rate. You're judging it from a very small sample size

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 12:58 PM
I believe Surrey has the highest crime rates in all of the Vancouver area. :oldlol:

Depends on what crime. For car theft yeah. But for drugs and other crime it's Abbotsford per capita. Surrey just has a larger population but per capita. However due to the large Brown population it does receive a bad stigma. Not trying to be racist but that's the reality of Surrey. SuperDuper could probably back me on this.

Levity
08-14-2019, 01:13 PM
visited BC for a bachelor party a few years back.

got in a cab one night and while en route the driver (middle eastern) turns to us and says, "do you know why they call it BC?"

"no"

"because there's a billion Chinese living here"

:lol

DaHeezy
08-14-2019, 01:21 PM

got in a cab one night and while en route the driver (middle eastern) turns to us and says, "do you know why they call it BC?"

"no"

I actually remember when you came down. Have you been back since?

superduper
08-14-2019, 02:12 PM
Where at? lol. Lot's of Airbnb in Surrey. I'm in Guildford, about a couple of blocks from the mall.

Lol, you literally are in the biggest brown outside of India. Wanna really see brown? Go to the Strawberry Hills area in Surrey. Not gonna lie bro, Indians get a tough rep around the lower mainland. Not trying to be racist as I have a ton of brown friends, but they have a stigma of being inconsiderate jerks. You may from time to time get weird vibes. Some clubs don't even let brown people in

I grew up in Coquitlam. Not a predominantly hispanic area. We're spread around. I bought a place in Surrey during the buyer's era. Bought my condo for $250,000 10 years ago. It's now appraised at over $600,000. Gonna sit on the value. The Hong Kong boom coming in next year is gonna keep skyrocketing the property value.

You'll need a good +60,000 job. I make over 100K and sometimes feel myself tightening my pants

Lol, very touristy things. The ferry is pretty cool to the Island. If you're there check out the Sticky Wicket. Such a cool diverse bar in the middle of DT. It's a good night any night. Victoria is a severe college town. During the day it's all seniors. But at night it's all young adults. there's a 5 to 1 women to men ratio in Vic. Not kidding. If you like beer I suggest eating at Spinnakers. Cool brewhouse by the bay there.

Bad time to go to Whistler as the Gondola broke down. But cool town. Skier community. Cool shops

Did you hit Kitsfest on the weekend? There was a ball tourney. I was gonna play but worked an event for the brewery. Didn't have the chance to make it

Like I said, make sure you have a secure job. Or find yourself living in Abbotsford. It's even expensive to rent. Unless you want a studio. Hit me up next time. Surrey has good ball. Lot's of outdoor parks. Plus I work in the hospitality industry. I can get you into the clubs. Have fun :cheers:

Thanks bruh I'll def make an Off Topic thread for you and reach out the next time I come back. Would love to ball and hit the clubs or bars with someone who can get me past the No Brown People barriers :oldlol: and yeah I definitely heard that the brown people here are whack so I totally get it.

Appreciate the gesture. Hit me up if you ever need anything in Toronto bro

superduper
08-14-2019, 02:15 PM

"no"

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

superduper
08-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Daheezy I might even have time to ball tomorrow let me know if you're down for that.

Doubt you wanna hit up a bar during the weekdays :oldlol:

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 02:00 PM
Thanks bruh I'll def make an Off Topic thread for you and reach out the next time I come back. Would love to ball and hit the clubs or bars with someone who can get me past the No Brown People barriers :oldlol: and yeah I definitely heard that the brown people here are whack so I totally get it.

Appreciate the gesture. Hit me up if you ever need anything in Toronto bro

Funny you should say...
I'm heading to TO in September for a trade show. I have a buddy Zark who runs all the clubs in TO. I'm gonna try and link up with him. I'll let ya know

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 02:04 PM
Daheezy I might even have time to ball tomorrow let me know if you're down for that.

Doubt you wanna hit up a bar during the weekdays :oldlol:

Where r u staying today? You still heading to Whistler? It's nice AF today. I'm gonna be in Vancouver seeing some clients. Then hit a patio up in Kits for Happy Hour. Seeing some lady friends for drinks
If I ball it will be at the cage in Surrey. Ask any baller about the cage. It's legendary in Van. I'm likely there, but if not the cage is pretty chill and good peeps. Call next and you'll get a run. There's open side and an all Filipino side lol. Both sides chill

I'm always down to hang out. If you're still DT I might be having drinks at the Local in Kits. I have ladies with me so look sharp :lol

Levity
08-15-2019, 02:08 PM
I actually remember when you came down. Have you been back since?

that's right. took your bar hopping advice too. it was great times. havent been back since but my wife is always talking up whistler, so maybe this winter.

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 02:10 PM
that's right. took your bar hopping advice too. it was great times. havent been back since but my wife is always talking up whistler, so maybe this winter.

:cheers:
You should check out Squamish on the way to Whistler. It's pretty low key but has eclipsed Whitler as a tourist attraction. It's the #1 tourist destination in Canada right now. Hit me up again. I'll set you up again

egokiller
08-15-2019, 02:19 PM
I've been to Vancouver, but when I was there it was after a big snow storm so everything was frozen. Felt like I was ice skating down w waterfront road along the harbor. Still fun though. :lol

Kungfro
08-15-2019, 06:03 PM
Growing up in Alberta I head to the mountains just about every summer. Spent the last few summers in Kelowna which was awesome, with the exception of all the forest fires going on. The whole Okanagan is beautiful, if I was to move to BC it would probably be somewhere there.

Kungfro
08-15-2019, 06:20 PM

Might want to keep in mind that you're visiting in the summer. Winter it's non-stop rain. I've heard it from enough people about how miserable it can be so it might be something to consider.

superduper
08-15-2019, 06:32 PM
Might want to keep in mind that you're visiting in the summer. Winter it's non-stop rain. I've heard it from enough people about how miserable it can be so it might be something to consider.

That's true but better than the snow and frigid Toronto cold :oldlol:

superduper
08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
Where r u staying today? You still heading to Whistler? It's nice AF today. I'm gonna be in Vancouver seeing some clients. Then hit a patio up in Kits for Happy Hour. Seeing some lady friends for drinks
If I ball it will be at the cage in Surrey. Ask any baller about the cage. It's legendary in Van. I'm likely there, but if not the cage is pretty chill and good peeps. Call next and you'll get a run. There's open side and an all Filipino side lol. Both sides chill

I'm always down to hang out. If you're still DT I might be having drinks at the Local in Kits. I have ladies with me so look sharp :lol

Yeah bro im in Whistler right now. Small stop at Squamish on the way here. Good lord the drive up here was beautiful. I've said beautiful like 50x on this trip but there's no other way to describe it.

Yeah I think I'll have time tonight probably gonna be back in Surrey at like 7pm I'll probably roam DT or check out the cage.. Wish I brought my ball. Let me know in here if you hit up the local I'll try to show.

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Yeah bro im in Whistler right now. Small stop at Squamish on the way here. Good lord the drive up here was beautiful. I've said beautiful like 50x on this trip but there's no other way to describe it.

Yeah I think I'll have time tonight probably gonna be back in Surrey at like 7pm I'll probably roam DT or check out the cage.. Wish I brought my ball. Let me know in here if you hit up the local I'll try to show.

I'm in Kits right now. Not sure I'll hit up the cage. Already half cut lol.

If you hang tonight there's always the Taphouse in Surrey. It's by the cage on 154 and 102. Its a bit Browntown but a lot of young hoochie.

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 08:42 PM
Yo Supes, if you're gonna roll through the cage I gave some of my boys the heads up. They're cage regulars. They sit in their camping chairs. You'll spot them easy

If you're in Kits I'm at the Local. Polly gonna roll with the ladies to the Keg in Yaletown later on tonight

EricGordon23
08-15-2019, 09:58 PM
Born and raised in Vancouver. Which seems to be pretty rare these days. Super beautiful but pretty expensive as well.

Hope you're having a good time. Check out Brewhall pub in Vancouver it's pretty solid and craft beer is a good pub too.

Club wise I've been going to the Pint a lot but it's usually a drama show. Lots of girls though.

superduper
08-15-2019, 10:47 PM

"no"

I've been laughing at this randomly since yesterday when I read it :facepalm :oldlol:

superduper
08-15-2019, 10:51 PM
Yo Supes, if you're gonna roll through the cage I gave some of my boys the heads up. They're cage regulars. They sit in their camping chairs. You'll spot them easy

If you're in Kits I'm at the Local. Polly gonna roll with the ladies to the Keg in Yaletown later on tonight

Mm looks to be 30mins from me. I'll post in here if I hit up Local (Kitsilano right?)

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 11:52 PM
Mm looks to be 30mins from me. I'll post in here if I hit up Local (Kitsilano right?)
Left there a while ago. At the Keg rooftop

DaHeezy
08-15-2019, 11:58 PM
Born and raised in Vancouver. Which seems to be pretty rare these days. Super beautiful but pretty expensive as well.

Hope you're having a good time. Check out Brewhall pub in Vancouver it's pretty solid and craft beer is a good pub too.

Club wise I've been going to the Pint a lot but it's usually a drama show. Lots of girls though.

Yeah for real. Nobody is born here. At least my generation. People all over Canada. Surrey has the brown peeps. Richmond has the Chinese, lol.

Brewhall is nice. The whole Olympic village is cool.

The Pint is good but my friends keep getting kicked out of there. Lol. They are super strict with anything looking suspect. Looking drunk I mean.

I used to be a doorman at Stone Temple, Tonic....back in the day on Granville. I help out at Cabana. Sometimes D6 at Parq. I've worked the Granville strip for literally 15 years now on and off. Those were fun times.

What part of Van you from? I think we talked about this before.

DaHeezy
08-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Where did you end up going? I came back to Surrey around 10:30.

Sage trip back. Like I said, I'm in TO next month. From the 12-16. I could quite possibly link up then. :cheers:

EricGordon23
08-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Yeah for real. Nobody is born here. At least my generation. People all over Canada. Surrey has the brown peeps. Richmond has the Chinese, lol.

Brewhall is nice. The whole Olympic village is cool.

The Pint is good but my friends keep getting kicked out of there. Lol. They are super strict with anything looking suspect. Looking drunk I mean.

I used to be a doorman at Stone Temple, Tonic....back in the day on Granville. I help out at Cabana. Sometimes D6 at Parq. I've worked the Granville strip for literally 15 years now on and off. Those were fun times.

What part of Van you from? I think we talked about this before.

Cabana is solid. Yeah we get kicked out a lot from the pint, but before that it's a good time.

I live in the commercial drive area. Not really in to the hipster vibe commercial gives off though haha.

DaHeezy
08-16-2019, 03:26 PM
Cabana is solid. Yeah we get kicked out a lot from the pint, but before that it's a good time.

I live in the commercial drive area. Not really in to the hipster vibe commercial gives off though haha.

Lol, I totally hear you. Commercial has all those "I know what's cool" and "I'm so Vancouver" types. I guess that's why all the tasting rooms open in that area. Hipsters love the craft beer.
You lived in that area all your life? That area must be low cost compared to the rest of Vancouver.