PDA

View Full Version : STEINBOMB: Lue returns to LA

LoneyROY7
08-14-2019, 02:31 PM
Marc Stein
Verified account
@TheSteinLine
The Clippers are closing in on the hiring of Tyronn Lue as a top assistant to Coach Doc Rivers, league sources say
11:20 AM - 14 Aug 2019

Rejoining Doc's staff. Another high paid assistant coach in Los Angeles.

Bosnian Sajo
08-14-2019, 02:35 PM
How does this make any sense?

Look, I'm VEEEERY happy we did not hire him, but he turned down 5mil per year for 3 yrs citing need for longer contract...yet he's gonna take an assistant job where he GUARANTEED won't make that kind of money?

Tyronn Lue, you played yourself.

As for the Clippers...Lue was not a bad assistant :confuseshrug: trash as a head coach, but he's worked well under Doc once before.

qrich
08-14-2019, 02:40 PM
He'd rather be a Clipper assistant than Laker HC?

:eek:

HoopologyPhD
08-14-2019, 02:45 PM
Ring #3 upcoming

pegasus
08-14-2019, 03:23 PM

Look, I'm VEEEERY happy we did not hire him, but he turned down 5mil per year for 3 yrs citing need for longer contract...yet he's gonna take an assistant job where he GUARANTEED won't make that kind of money?

As for the Clippers...Lue was not a bad assistant :confuseshrug: trash as a head coach, but he's worked well under Doc once before.
He's also GUARANTEED not to be someone's scapegoat, and I'm sure that is worth something to him.

clipps
08-14-2019, 03:33 PM

Probably because his new situation >>>>> joining those clowns across the hallway.

The Lakers taking L's has become a routine.

Bosnian Sajo
08-14-2019, 03:44 PM
He's also GUARANTEED not to be someone's scapegoat, and I'm sure that is worth something to him.

Is it? He want's LeBron to abuse and take advantage of him, it's almost a fetish.

wang4three
08-14-2019, 03:50 PM

You've never seen a guy turn down a good job because he thought he was worth more then tested the market and found out he's not and is forced to accept a worse job? Happens routinely in my line of work.

LoneyROY7
08-14-2019, 03:52 PM
Ty Lue this off-season.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oAy00ftbV9i4o/giphy.gif

Bosnian Sajo
08-14-2019, 04:04 PM
You've never seen a guy turn down a good job because he thought he was worth more then tested the market and found out he's not and is forced to accept a worse job? Happens routinely in my line of work.

Wym test the market, he didn't even interview for another position after declining the Lakers offer....

Like I said though, I'm very happy this worked out the way it did. I did not want him on the Lakers.

bigkingsfan
08-14-2019, 04:07 PM
This, plenty of job opportunities will open up for him if the Clippers do well.

RealSkipBayless
08-14-2019, 04:50 PM
Dude thought the Lakers would come calling and raise their offer. Nah we good. Got a beast ass staff. Take your assistant job lil nikka. :lol

Gonna be fun to expose this loser ass franchise in the playoffs.

PickernRoller
08-14-2019, 05:00 PM
The narratives weaving themselves... :oldlol: :oldlol:

bladefd
08-14-2019, 06:02 PM

Yeah, Lakers were always bidding against themselves. Thank goodness Jeannie didn't okay the 5yr deal Lue wanted.

Lue ends up getting no other offer because every other team realized he was not headcoach material. His ceiling is assistant coach.

Shogon
08-14-2019, 06:05 PM
Tyronn Lue is a retard. Everyone here already knew.

Manny98
08-14-2019, 06:09 PM
So they just added another championship winning coach to their coaching staff :eek:

Clippers are absolutely loaded, no excuses

clipps
08-14-2019, 07:14 PM
Got a beast ass staff. Take your assistant job lil nikka. :lol

:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Ty Lue = Frank Vogel
Sam Cassell =/> Jason Kidd
Doc >>>>>>> ??????

Edit: Oh shit, Frank Vogel is your head coach. I keep referring to him as an assistant for some reason. Honest mistake.

StrongLurk
08-14-2019, 08:09 PM
Clippers are EVEN more guaranteed to win a chip this year.

Wally450
08-14-2019, 09:09 PM
Ty Lue this off-season.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oAy00ftbV9i4o/giphy.gif

The best one is this gif blended with Brad Stevens coaching the Celtic during a timeout.

Here it is:

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UzpTVeyzTQM/WzVsCSklRJI/AAAAAAAAZdY/BjnD1LCZMkgDj_xLqmmOGYlKsLCTmzT9gCLcBGAs/s1600/Tyronn%2BLue%2B4.gif

AirTupac
09-16-2020, 11:22 AM
Probably because his new situation >>>>> joining those clowns across the hallway.

The Lakers taking L's has become a routine.

LOLLLL Where are you retard?

Trollsmasher
09-16-2020, 12:40 PM
the dying fish didn't exactly help clippers much, did he