PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Beverley agrees with Royce White

E_Stamkos
08-21-2019, 10:07 AM
Bev tweeted in support of Royce White's comments about Melo yesterday. I would surmise that he's referring to Royce's comments regarding Melo but many will speculate that it's a dig at Dudley and perhaps Bron.

Right or wrong, I'm all for rivals adding gas to the fire off the court. I look forward to the LA battles this year to determine the best team in Cali.

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/1164029778065862656?s=19

EllEffEll
08-21-2019, 11:04 AM
If Melo refuses to consume the humble pie he'll have eat before anyone gives him a chance, he probably won't be on a team. I think he could do it if he wanted to, but chances are, he won't. His call to make IMHO, and the longer he waits, the less his chances will be.

E_Stamkos
08-21-2019, 11:07 AM
If Melo refuses to consume the humble pie he'll have eat before anyone gives him a chance, he probably won't be on a team. I think he could do it if he wanted to, but chances are, he won't. His call to make IMHO, and the longer he waits, the less his chances will be.

Agreed. He could be a nice scoring punch off the bench ala Gerald Green but he's too prideful to accept that reality.

He's essentially taking the Allen Iverson route at this point. Dumb.

warriorfan
08-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Royce White is a piece of shit

bladefd
08-21-2019, 11:39 AM
Any of the other 29 teams are free to sign Melo... Oh wait, nobody has even met with Melo to consider signing him. Says all you need to know.

Bev agrees only to create friction in our locker room between LeBron and Pelinka. Bev is crapping his pants just thinking about facing the Lakers with AD/LeBron/Kuzma frontcourt tearing apart their post defense so he has to rely on pettiness.

AirTupac
08-21-2019, 11:46 AM
Any of the other 29 teams are free to sign Melo... Oh wait, nobody has even met with Melo to consider signing him. Says all you need to know.

Bev agrees only to create friction in our locker room between LeBron and Pelinka. Bev is crapping his pants just thinking about facing the Lakers with AD/LeBron/Kuzma frontcourt tearing apart their post defense so he has to rely on pettiness.

Pat should worry about his 3 assists per game type of ball :roll: :roll:

wang4three
08-21-2019, 03:34 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. LeBron goes signs his friends, people are saying he's not being impartial enough. LeBron doesn't sign his friends, they're saying he's too impartial.

Can't win.

red1
08-21-2019, 03:38 PM
beverly is trolling the mentally weak lakers squad I respect that for sure.

no doubt. gotta kick them while they're down.

FKAri
08-21-2019, 04:35 PM
People blame him the way they blame God for their misfortunes. Truly, LeGod.

fsvr54
08-21-2019, 08:48 PM
Dudley is better than Melo all-time. Actually plays the game the right way.

tpols
08-21-2019, 09:02 PM
the difference is jared dudley knows his place...

melo doesn't.

case closed.

Charlie Sheen
08-21-2019, 10:23 PM
Dudley is better than Melo all-time. Actually plays the game the right way.
It's been in fashion to hate Melo for a while now, but your post never was and never will be true.

fsvr54
08-21-2019, 10:44 PM
It's been in fashion to hate Melo for a while now, but your post never was and never will be true.

It's not serious.

But I'd much rather play with Dudley because he'll pass me the ball and try hard on defense.

brooks_thompson
08-21-2019, 11:16 PM
I just have to imagine if he was gonna sign with anyone, even the Lakers, it would be done by now. The begging for change crap suits nobody and just turns people off. I don't blame him for last year and the Rockets, but he pretty much kicked himself out of the league with his childish 'Hey P...' press conference. I wonder what Paul George's face was when Melo said that to him. I'm guessing a stifled cringe.

brooks_thompson
08-21-2019, 11:19 PM
Oh, and Royce White is why you leave the mental health advocacy to the 'sane' (saner) people who can keep an even keel and not act like everyone is out to get them. He has raised awareness towards nothing but himself since he got drafted.

Charlie Sheen
08-21-2019, 11:56 PM
It's not serious.

But I'd much rather play with Dudley because he'll pass me the ball and try hard on defense.
My mistake :cheers: Apologies my man.

Real Men Wear Green
08-23-2019, 06:10 AM
It is Pelinka's job to build the best roster that he can. It is James' job to play basketball. So the idea that James should be forcing the Lakers to sign a player that they don't think is the best fit for their team is silly. Melo is not a charity case, he can earn his way onto a roster like everyone else has to and if his cat is over, it's over. He's got millions in the bank and will be getting a Hall of Fame plaque. He'll be fine.

And does anyone care that if they did sign Melo out of some misguided sense of charity that some far less rich player just trying to get his first shot at the league loses an opportunity that could raise up his whole family financially?

sportjames23
08-23-2019, 09:17 AM
People blame him the way they blame God for their misfortunes. Truly, LeGod.

I highly doubt God would go 3 for 9 in the Finals.

ralph_i_el
08-23-2019, 09:58 AM
We talking about Royce White, who won't get on planes so he washed out of the league? Lol

imdaman99
08-23-2019, 10:31 AM
Rockets wasted a 1st round pick on this guy... and he refused to travel with the team. I get it, mental health is a serious thing... but now he's spouting off on something like this? :kobe: