PDA

View Full Version : From a Kobe stan, that hour long interview was CRINGE

MoBe1Kanobi
08-28-2019, 11:54 PM
Hell 15 yrs ago I probably would've ate that shit up while I was still a teenager but observing him as a much older adult...smh that whole conversation was cringe

As a person, personality wise he came off to me as a washed up jock who wants nothing more than to sit in front of an audience who will laugh at all his "jokes"(I didn't find him funny) and will mindlessly cheer when he mentions something about being a killer and work ethic.. you could totally tell that he did that interview partly in order to create more voice over content for his YouTube mixes he probably watches incessantly. Sounded like such a fanboy desperate to tell NBA nerds on Reddit that him and Jordan share Christmas cards. ***** had a glow on his face when he mentioned that looked like an excited child.

Dude continues to put on the facade that he doesn't miss the game at all and that he's out here super busy and casually keeping up with the game when in reality this guy is STARVING to be heard and continues to seek media validation for his basketball career.

Who was asking for this interview?.... Who???

Hell he's been retired three ****in years and he's talking about some of these experiences as if he's got enough old man wisdom to reflect on these situations in his career or that there's actually any true nostalgic feeling for these stories to be heard... Greedy bastard couldn't wait at least 7 more years to really reflect on his career and then give us something that wouldn't seem so desperate. Shit literally looked cultish from a visual standpoint seeing all those fans kinda start chanting "KO-BE! KO-BE!" when he started getting too awkward..

Kobe truly is my favorite baller all time but **** is he one awkward wierdo. Anybody peep the part where he started laughing to himself for two minutes about a story he "just happened" (this mfer thought this shit out for days and thought this was genius) to remember about an incident with Shaq his rookie year, where Kobe finally explained while laughing awkwardly, he told Shaq to "get the ****in rebound off the miss bruh" when in reality nobody said bruh in '96-97 and the story wasn't that amazing or unbelievable, we already assumed this shit happened. :facepalm

As much as I love Kobe and I think he is a better player than LBJ, I have to say LBJ is much more likeable, and he's even kinda a piece of shit too.. But **** that hour long Kobe worship interview was ****IN CRINGE

ClipperRevival
08-29-2019, 01:34 AM
I gotta check it out. As a Laker fan, I respected Kobe but never loved him like I do Magic. I got the sense that Kobe was too selfish at times. But like MJ, Kobe was a maniacally driven competitor. And I'm sure like MJ, Kobe would love nothing more than to be 28 again and take souls on the court. It's got to eat away at guys that competitive to not be able to do it physically and have to watch from the sidelines.

AirTupac
08-29-2019, 01:42 AM
The guy interviewing him paid Kobe huge bucks to help get buzz going on his huge pyramid scheme company.

GimmeThat
08-29-2019, 01:49 AM
essentially he read your mind, and there were audiences expecting him to talk about none-basketball related gossip, and you just realized plug and play on the mind doesn't work due to the rankings of players/value being out of proportioned incorrect

ClipperRevival
08-29-2019, 01:58 AM
essentially he read your mind, and there were audiences expecting him to talk about none-basketball related gossip, and you just realized plug and play on the mind doesn't work due to the rankings of players/value being out of proportioned incorrect

What? LOL. Seriously bro, you say some of the weirdest things. Are you on some sort of hallucinogens when you post? :pimp:

scuzzy
08-29-2019, 03:10 AM
It's fairly easy to read when someone is being genuine

When Kobe does an interview, it's like watching a SNL skit

SamuraiSWISH
08-29-2019, 03:55 AM
What? LOL. Seriously bro, you say some of the weirdest things. Are you on some sort of hallucinogens when you post? :pimp:
He

MrFonzworth
08-29-2019, 04:05 AM
Ah, the curious case of GimmeThat. Try not to reply directly to anymore of his posts, you already let one go, but two more strikes and you will activate the curse.

You have been warned.

PickernRoller
08-29-2019, 06:07 AM
OP with another "From a Kobe fan" thread....

Interesting shtick..... we should all go back to Bran's avys back in the Heat days... a revival of old tired out ideas.

superduper
08-29-2019, 06:55 AM
Kobe's my guy... I don't know what interview you're talking about but I honestly don't doubt you. When I hear Kobe being interviewed these days it's usually him saying some selfish narcasistic shit about himself to use to answer the question.

Still not as bad as Bran though. You can tell dude is fake as shit.. or at least used to be. He's slightly better now.

MoBe1Kanobi
08-29-2019, 09:07 AM
Kobe's my guy... I don't know what interview you're talking about but I honestly don't doubt you. When I hear Kobe being interviewed these days it's usually him saying some selfish narcasistic shit about himself to use to answer the question.

Still not as bad as Bran though. You can tell dude is fake as shit.. or at least used to be. He's slightly better now.
https://youtu.be/T9GvDekiJ9c

MoBe1Kanobi
08-29-2019, 09:08 AM
OP with another "From a Kobe fan" thread....

Interesting shtick..... we should all go back to Bran's avys back in the Heat days... a revival of old tired out ideas.
But Kobe actually is my favorite player, you can find tons of threads I made celebrating his career

sportjames23
08-29-2019, 09:12 AM
It's fairly easy to read when someone is being genuine

When Kobe does an interview, it's like watching a SNL skit

:coleman: