PDA

View Full Version : The 2015 East all star starters.

Kblaze8855
08-29-2019, 07:54 AM
Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Lebron
Melo
Pau Gasol

I cant put my finger on exactly why.....but that just bugs me. Both as an all star team and a lineup in general.

Looking at another weird lineup that came to me

BJ Armstrong
Kenny anderson
Pippen
Coleman
Shaq

I feel better about. That team(probably) loses to the first one in a series but id rather watch it play.

1995 west would be a train wreck too....

Sprewell
Majerle
Barkley
Kemp
Hakeem

For position reasons. But

Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Lebron
Melo
Pau Gasol

^

That makes my fan flesh crawl and I cant put my finger on why. In todays positionless basketball its not even that odd a lineup. All on one team thats probably exactly how it would be set up.....but....I dont know. I cant logically explain it.

Just rubs me wrong.

The bench is annoying too...

Millsap
Korver
Bosh
Jimmy Butler
The last few minutes of Wade being a star
Jeff Teague
Jimmy Butler
Kyrie

Has an all star team ever had so few players you would be comfortable paying a supermax deal to? How many supermax guys on that squad?

2?

It annoyed me so much I dont even remember why I initially went to see who was on the 2015 all star team. Im sure I had a reason to be on that Wikipedia page.....

scuzzy
08-29-2019, 08:58 AM
how's the summer harvest coming along uce?:pimp:

catching any good yields?

Phoenix
08-29-2019, 09:06 AM
I don't know man, I may roll with the 94 team on account of Shaq. Not sure what you do with him. The other positions have little edges one way or the other but there's too much Shaq. Honestly, he'd mollywap Gasol. It's not like the other team can use a 3 pointers vs 2 pointers strategy like say, the 2017 Warriors would against a Shaq led team. Shaq gets Gasol in foul trouble and then who's checking him off the bench? Paul Millsap? Al Horford? That's not pretty.

2015 Bron vs peak Pippen is a good matchup TBH. Obviously Lebron's got the edge but that version of Pip in an all-star setting would hold serve.

Ainosterhaspie
08-29-2019, 10:05 AM
The team doesn't really have a true shooting guard. Who is going to provide spacing? They've got three guys who are primarily useful with the ball in their hands as point guards. They've got mellow who isn't going to keep the ball moving at all. They're not that good defensively. Wall and Melo are guys who it seems that when they go out their teams often get better.

superduper
08-29-2019, 10:08 AM
Probably because Pau Gasol just isn't as good as he is overrated to being so it makes that lineup look bleh

SouBeachTalents
08-29-2019, 11:24 AM
I think the '02 East has that beat

Iverson
40 year old Jordan
Antoine Walker
Carter
35 year old Dikembe

RRR3
08-29-2019, 11:27 AM
I think the '02 East has that beat

Iverson
40 year old Jordan
Antoine Walker
Carter
35 year old Dikembe
Disgusting. Where was T-Mac?

Kblaze8855
08-29-2019, 01:25 PM
Which season was it where Vince beat Jordan out for the spot but was pressured to give it up?

Shogon
08-29-2019, 01:37 PM
Which season was it where Vince beat Jordan out for the spot but was pressured to give it up?

Whatever year Jordan retired for the third time...

Overdrive
08-29-2019, 02:44 PM
Kyle Lowry
John Wall
Lebron
Melo
Pau Gasol

I cant put my finger on exactly why.....but that just bugs me. Both as an all star team and a lineup in general.

Looking at another weird lineup that came to me

BJ Armstrong
Kenny anderson
Pippen
Coleman
Shaq

Both teams have no good shooting overall. Not even talking about 3s. That's the issue.

Phoenix
08-29-2019, 07:10 PM
2003, final year