PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie and KD are reportedly "pushing" the Nets to sign Melo

Bosnian Sajo
08-29-2019, 12:57 PM
I'm very skeptical about Melo, not about his skill, but rather about his mindset. CAN he take a step back and accept that he is a role player or will he continue to push and pretend like he is the star of the team still.

But regardless of all that...this is the move that makes the most sense to me. The Nets wont have KD back this year, and their backup SF just got hit with a 25 game suspension. That leaves Kurucs and Musa to fill the void at SF. Seeing as Musa is still a bit raw and more inclined to play as a tall SG, Kurucs is the only reliable SF they have for the first 25 games of the season. Bench that dude and add Melo. He loves New York and will still be given a chance to throw that rock up there, plus he will be surrounded by good players.

I think this is Melo's best chance at a reliable role on a playoffs team.

NBAGOAT
08-29-2019, 01:01 PM
they dont need a backup sf imo. will play small lineups but plenty of options with levert, harris, prince, temple along with guys you mentioned.

scuzzy
08-29-2019, 01:06 PM
His career is done in the NBA, it's 2020, he had a solid 16 season run and should not be ashamed

The part that is sad is he watched Iverson barrel down with the same petty stubbornness and Melo decided to out do him.

He's donezo.

Bosnian Sajo
08-29-2019, 01:12 PM
they dont need a backup sf imo. will play small lineups but plenty of options with levert, harris, prince, temple along with guys you mentioned.

I'm sorry, I completely forgot about Joe Harris. You're right, they probably don't need him in that case.

Doesn't change the fact that the stars of the team are pushing for him and that it still would probably be the best situation for Melo....imo every team in the league is better off without him though.

Then again, I said the same thing about Dwight and now he's a Laker :lol albeit he looks solid asf in the workout video. Ripped to shreds.

Vino24
08-29-2019, 01:24 PM
A random from the dleague is better than Melo at this point

NBAGOAT
08-29-2019, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, I completely forgot about Joe Harris. You're right, they probably don't need him in that case.

Doesn't change the fact that the stars of the team are pushing for him and that it still would probably be the best situation for Melo....imo every team in the league is better off without him though.

Then again, I said the same thing about Dwight and now he's a Laker :lol albeit he looks solid asf in the workout video. Ripped to shreds.

i mean melo's still obviously got skill and that means a lot to stars but I agree. At this point demarre carroll is likely better for most teams than melo but guessing a lot of players would disagree. Being friends with important players cant hurt, let's be frank that matters more than some think and is a big reason why dj got overpaid 4yrs 40 from bkn. :oldlol:

Idk about dwight. If there's one thing he's actually good at, it's staying in shape

RealSkipBayless
08-29-2019, 01:53 PM
Needs moar help.

Bosnian Sajo
08-29-2019, 02:12 PM
i mean melo's still obviously got skill and that means a lot to stars but I agree. At this point demarre carroll is likely better for most teams than melo but guessing a lot of players would disagree. Being friends with important players cant hurt, let's be frank that matters more than some think and is a big reason why dj got overpaid 4yrs 40 from bkn. :oldlol:

Idk about dwight. If there's one thing he's actually good at, it's staying in shape

How in the world is 4yrs/40m for DJ an overpay? With the current cap, that is a great contract...especially considering DJ can now shoot free throws.

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 02:36 PM
I hope they do it. Their defense would slide back nicely and until Durant returns the offense won't be efficient beyond Irving. I can see Tatum Brown or Hayward lighting up a washed Melo.

Manny98
08-29-2019, 03:28 PM
Are defense is going to be f*cking trash next year :facepalm

Haymaker
08-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Are defense is going to be f*cking trash next year :facepalm

OUR

NBAGOAT
08-29-2019, 03:59 PM
How in the world is 4yrs/40m for DJ an overpay? With the current cap, that is a great contract...especially considering DJ can now shoot free throws.

he's not great defensively anymore and has lost some athleticism which was always his main strength. It's also that they have a young starting center in allen.

Stringer Bell
08-29-2019, 04:00 PM
I'm very skeptical about Melo, not about his skill, but rather about his mindset. CAN he take a step back and accept that he is a role player or will he continue to push and pretend like he is the star of the team still.

But regardless of all that...this is the move that makes the most sense to me. The Nets wont have KD back this year, and their backup SF just got hit with a 25 game suspension. That leaves Kurucs and Musa to fill the void at SF. Seeing as Musa is still a bit raw and more inclined to play as a tall SG, Kurucs is the only reliable SF they have for the first 25 games of the season. Bench that dude and add Melo. He loves New York and will still be given a chance to throw that rock up there, plus he will be surrounded by good players.

His skill, or ability, at this stage isn

Haymaker
08-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Melo is already on that Big3 tier.

Wally450
08-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Oh god, I hope they do this. Kyrie would go insane.

bullettooth
08-29-2019, 04:26 PM
OUR

Excuse him, English isn't his first language. He's also stupid.

Manny98
08-29-2019, 04:36 PM
OUR
I'm tired gomd

brooks_thompson
08-29-2019, 06:28 PM
I don't really like this look for the Nets of Kyrie and Durant running the team. Sean Marks is losing his luster if he signs Melo to please those guys. He already conceded DJ and Garrett Temple to them. I can almost guarantee those are not signings he makes if they don't ask for them. Next thing you know, half the NBA will just be best buds playing together and havin fun, not giving a **** about competition. Fun millionaire party for the players, lame for everyone else.

INDI
08-30-2019, 10:43 AM

Wilson chandler was going to play the PF. The nets currently have 0 PF

HylianNightmare
08-30-2019, 01:55 PM
The part that is sad is he watched Iverson barrel down with the same petty stubbornness and Melo decided to out do him.

That's the part that blows my mind is he literally watched this happen to someone earlier in his career and is still letting the same thing happen to him just wild

MellowYellow
08-31-2019, 05:50 AM
Melo is the nets only chance to be better than the knicks this year.

Duderonomy
09-01-2019, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=INDI]Wilson chandler was going to play the PF. The nets currently have 0 PF

LoneyROY7
09-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Melo is the nets only chance to be better than the knicks this year.

Damn. You really haven't given up yet?

PeroAntic
09-01-2019, 03:49 PM

The problem with Melo is his mindset indeed, but not because he cant accept being a role player. He accepted being reduced to a third option in OKC, and he accepted the bench at Houston.

his problem is that he thinks he doesn't need to be physically fit to play. he thinks he can just show up and score buckets in whatever condition he is in. It doesnt work that way at this age. He needs to get much leaner and lighter.

Seriously those hoodie Melo workout videos are a joke, the guy doesn't need to practice shooting, he needs to become more mobile on defense and get a bit of lift on his legs on his jumpshot.

red1
09-01-2019, 04:06 PM
as a nets hater I hope this is true. :applause:

red1
09-01-2019, 04:07 PM
I'm tired gomd
you owe me a blowjob fakkit get on your knees ASAP pronto like rocky.

asd
09-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Kurucs will literally run circles around Melo. Even if were talking about a Melo in his prime, I might have to take Kurucs.

Melo's a ball stopper and the nets play a team game. Kurucs' hustle really stood out during his rookie season.

brooks_thompson
09-02-2019, 08:10 AM
Kurucs will literally run circles around Melo. Even if were talking about a Melo in his prime, I might have to take Kurucs.

Melo's a ball stopper and the nets play a team game. Kurucs' hustle really stood out during his rookie season.

How do you pronounce Kurucs? Is it Kuh-rucks, or Kuh-rutch (like Doncic), or Kuh-rutz (like Divac)?

Real Men Wear Green
09-02-2019, 10:44 AM

Maybe that was their style before but Irving can't be himself without a lot of touches and when KD comes back he'll need his plays too. They're going to change.

asd
09-02-2019, 01:58 PM
How do you pronounce Kurucs? Is it Kuh-rucks, or Kuh-rutch (like Doncic), or Kuh-rutz (like Divac)?

nets announcers pronounce it koo-rooks