PDA

View Full Version : So can we just never talk about supporting the troops again?

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 01:39 PM
I guess we're being kept safe from terrorist babies. (https://taskandpurpose.com/military-children-born-abroad-citizenship)

stalkerforlife
08-29-2019, 01:46 PM
If you don't support our military, you should leave.

Never use 911.

And we should hand you over to terrorists.

Facepalm
08-29-2019, 01:57 PM

Never use 911.

And we should hand you over to terrorists.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DFkzJgoW0AQ975U.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/ee/52/0cee5292c696e198a7af520c51d8b17e.jpg

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/PlantB/2016/PlantB20160802_low.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 02:12 PM

Never use 911.

And we should hand you over to terrorists.If you're replying to me you're an idiot.

Actually you're an idiot either way.

I wonder how many people won't read the link and just post something stupid.

rufuspaul
08-29-2019, 02:14 PM
If you're replying to me you're an idiot.

Link not working

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 02:32 PM
Link not working
https://taskandpurpose.com/military-children-born-abroad-citizenship

rufuspaul
08-29-2019, 02:38 PM
https://taskandpurpose.com/military-children-born-abroad-citizenship

It's a confusing article. From what I gather it only applies to kids who are born to service people or employees who aren't US citizens.

"This only affects children who were born outside the United States and were not U.S. citizens. This does NOT impact birthright citizenship. This policy update does not deny citizenship to the children of US government employees or members of the military born abroad,"

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 02:44 PM
It's a confusing article. From what I gather it only applies to kids who are born to service people or employees who aren't US citizens.
"Now, children born to U.S. service members and government employees who are not yet themselves U.S. citizens, while abroad, will not be considered as residing in the U.S., changing the way that they potentially receive citizenship. Children who are not U.S. citizens and are adopted by U.S. service members while living abroad will also no longer receive automatic citizenship by living with the U.S. citizen adopted parents."

So, we have some soldier that we can send over to Afghanistan to get shot at for a few years and then tell them that their kid can't have citizenship over a technicality? This is a good idea why, exactly? What possible benefit is there to this, aside from being mean for the sake of being mean?

iamgine
08-29-2019, 02:46 PM
This makes sense. Why should children who aren't born in the US by parents who aren't US citizen automatically be US citizen? Also, why should adopted children from overseas who already have his/her own citizenship automatically be considered US citizen.

Although, that's a small issue because all they have to do is apply for citizenship. A more pressing issue is, why are children born in the US by illegal immigrants or even tourists automatically offered US citizenship. That is madness.

rufuspaul
08-29-2019, 02:50 PM
So, we have some soldier that we can send over to Afghanistan to get shot at for a few years

Last I checked the US military was completely voluntary.

Shogon
08-29-2019, 02:52 PM
I guess we're being kept safe from terrorist babies. (https://taskandpurpose.com/military-children-born-abroad-citizenship)

The headline is bad... it reads really ****ing bad.

If you actually read the article, there's significantly less concern on my end than just reading the headline.

In plain English: Children who are adopted by U.S. service members abroad, and children who are born to service members while overseas who are not yet citizens (such as service members who are green card holders) will not receive automatic citizenship by merely living with their parents who are out of the U.S on orders.

Really doesn't seem like a big deal at all. But how the hell are there people in the armed forces that aren't citizens? Like what the **** is that? How the **** is that even a thing?

People who aren't citizens shouldn't be serving in the armed forces. Like what in the flying ****. That makes NO sense.

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
This makes sense. Why should children who aren't born in the US by parents who aren't US citizen automatically be US citizen? Also, why should adopted children from overseas who already have his/her own citizenship automatically be considered US citizen.

Although, that's a small issue because all they have to do is apply for citizenship. A more pressing issue is, why are children born in the US by illegal immigrants or even tourists automatically offered US citizenship. That is madness.

Last I checked the US military was completely voluntary.
You can feel this way if you want. Just please don't talk about how you support the troops.

Patrick Chewing
08-29-2019, 02:56 PM
I support the troops.

stalkerforlife
08-29-2019, 03:08 PM
If you're replying to me you're an idiot.

But I would beat your ass and that's all that matters.

Shogon
08-29-2019, 03:12 PM

:roll: :roll:

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 03:16 PM
But I would beat your ass and that's all that matters.How could you do that when you can't afford a plane ticket? And no, I'm not going to send you money so that you can come see me.

Shogon
08-29-2019, 03:20 PM
How could you do that when you can't afford a plane ticket? And no, I'm not going to send you money so that you can come see me.

Poor shaming is despicable.

stalkerforlife
08-29-2019, 03:21 PM
How could you do that when you can't afford a plane ticket? And no, I'm not going to send you money so that you can come see me.

I have more money than you.

I make my bitch work hard.

I can teach you how to be the man, but you have to let go of unnecessary hate.

iamgine
08-29-2019, 03:24 PM
You can feel this way if you want. Just please don't talk about how you support the troops.
They're doing good work. Why shouldn't we support them?

Facepalm
08-29-2019, 03:24 PM

I can teach you how to be the man, but you have to let go of unnecessary hate.
Real men support their family. Without depending on handouts

Real men don't get blowjobs from other dudes.

rufuspaul
08-29-2019, 03:29 PM

Dude I grew up in a military family. My dad was special forces, served 3 tours in Vietnam. I lived in military housing, went to military schools. I had friends who grew up fatherless because their dads had been killed in action or were POWs. Don't ****ing lecture me on supporting the troops.

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 03:38 PM

I can teach you how to be the man, but you have to let go of unnecessary hate.Moving on...

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 03:41 PM
To
Dude I grew up in a military family. My dad was special forces, served 3 tours in Vietnam. I lived in military housing, went to military schools. I had friends who grew up fatherless because their dads had been killed in action or were POWs. Don't ****ing lecture me on supporting the troops.Troops from this country are being told that their kids are not citizens. If you condone this policy then you are not supporting these troops.

rufuspaul
08-29-2019, 03:49 PM
Troops who are not citizens of the United States are being told that they will have to apply for their kids to become citizens of the United States if those kids are not born in the United States.

fixed

Facepalm
08-29-2019, 04:05 PM
fixed
So you can die for the United States, but your baby won't be able to be a citizen without jumping through some arbitrary and unnecessary hoops? Seriously Rufus, was this change really necessary? Was their some kind of outrage that children of non citizens who's parents were fighting in US wars were granted citizenship upon birth? There's what, maybe a hundred of these babies a year? Why make this change besides to just be an asshole?

NBAGOAT
08-29-2019, 04:07 PM
military jobs for non citizens can be effective. Foreign Legion is legendary. Ofc they also let soldiers apply for citizenship after a few years.

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 04:18 PM
fixedThat's a terrible dodge

Hawker
08-29-2019, 04:28 PM
What a misleading OP, headline and article. Done purposefully as well.

To me, this makes sense in regards to the letter of the law.

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 04:43 PM
What a misleading OP, headline and article. Done purposefully as well.

To me, this makes sense in regards to the letter of the law.Immigrants aren't troops? How is this misleading?

Shogon
08-29-2019, 05:25 PM
Immigrants aren't troops? How is this misleading?

How are non citizens signing up to be troops?

That's the biggest issue with this whole ordeal.

How the **** is that even a thing? What the ****?

How are you able to serve in the military and not be a citizen... that would be like me being an American citizen and going to fight in the Chinese military... what the ****? It makes no sense.

Hawker
08-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Immigrants aren't troops? How is this misleading?

So if we don't do everything the troops want us to that means we can't support them?

Real Men Wear Green
08-29-2019, 06:44 PM

How are you able to serve in the military and not be a citizen... that would be like me being an American citizen and going to fight in the Chinese military... what the ****? It makes no sense.
Because they volunteered. We have a volunteer army that is happy to take able-bodied young men and women that are willing to serve. I don't see a problem here, that is until the Trump admin decided to tell them that if they had a kid overseas their kid isn't a citizen.
So if we don't do everything the troops want us to that means we can't support them?
Do you have any idea how massively inconvenient it would be to be raising a child that isn't in the country you reside in? And how many annoyances they will have to deal with even when (if?) the child is allowed to be brought over? We aren't talking about handing every soldier a billion dollars, we are talking about letting their children be citizens of the country they are serving.

The defense of Trump is forcing some of you to take some truly ridiculous positions. Frankly a soldier, someone that volunteers to serve this country and potentially risk their lives for this country is more deserving of citizenship than a lot of the people already here that are only citizens due to their location of birth. Soldiers are really earning it. Nut we are doing this to them and their kids because...why? What is the actual benefit to screwing with immigrant troops (no need to fix:rolleyes: ) like this?

Norcaliblunt
08-29-2019, 07:07 PM
Kinda crazy. I know a ton of people who are Germans who were adopted by US servicemen and women after WW2. And they

egokiller
08-29-2019, 07:25 PM
You don't get to just volunteer to be in the army as a non US citizen and expect your kids to be granted US citizenship simply because you volunteered. WTF kind of backwards thinking is that?

egokiller
08-29-2019, 07:28 PM

This. Why the hell are we even allowing non citizens to be troops? So that they can infiltrate our ranks and sabotage our shit? How fvcking dumb can someone be to allow this?

Norcaliblunt
08-29-2019, 07:38 PM
Republicans have it ass backward. The main reason America should be pro immigration is for its strategic military purposes and might. Not if, but when war kicks off with China you want these people on your side. Duh.

NBAGOAT
08-29-2019, 07:58 PM
do people really think you can rise up in rank through the military without some extreme vetting... If you're from certain countries, good luck even getting job interviews at a lot of private companies starting with defense contractors.

nathanjizzle
08-29-2019, 08:07 PM
Dude I grew up in a military family. My dad was special forces, served 3 tours in Vietnam. I lived in military housing, went to military schools. I had friends who grew up fatherless because their dads had been killed in action or were POWs. Don't ****ing lecture me on supporting the troops.

ultimate betrayal of your background due to your brainwashed low iq nature. The essence of the people that you think you support isnt because they are citizens, its because they make the ultimate sacrifice for america. You absolutely do need a lecture. You say that as if you actually fought and didnt get raised in a middle class suburb.

Mask the Embiid
08-29-2019, 08:42 PM
I got stalker winning by wearing OP down then rendering him unconscious with a north-south choke :lol

:hammertime:

willing to give 2 to 1 odds...

#fastesthands

MaxFly
08-29-2019, 09:58 PM

:oldlol:

MaxFly
08-29-2019, 10:15 PM
Let's just think this through for a second. You do not have to be a US citizen to join the army, but you do have to live in the US; you have to be a permanent resident/green card holder. If two of these individuals are stationed abroad while fighting for or representing the United States, they now have to jump through a series of hoops before their child can obtain citizenship. Moreover, their child would be naturalized, and not considered a natural born citizen of the United States. That child could later be deported or have their citizenship revoked. Let's add insult to injury... how much would it cost a US service member to naturalize their child? Let's put it another way... how much are we going to force US service members to pay, while they are representing the United States abroad, in order to make sure their kid can come home with them when they return to the United States?

That doesn't sound like support to me.

iamgine
08-29-2019, 11:15 PM
Let's just think this through for a second. You do not have to be a US citizen to join the army, but you do have to live in the US; you have to be a permanent resident/green card holder. If two of these individuals are stationed abroad while fighting for or representing the United States, they now have to jump through a series of hoops before their child can obtain citizenship. Moreover, their child would be naturalized, and not considered a natural born citizen of the United States. That child could later be deported or have their citizenship revoked. Let's add insult to injury... how much would it cost a US service member to naturalize their child? Let's put it another way... how much are we going to force US service members to pay, while they are representing the United States abroad, in order to make sure their kid can come home with them when they return to the United States?

That doesn't sound like support to me.
That sounds normal. Like how it should be. I thought it's already that way.

Of course, most likely it's just filling forms and a waiting period.

Support doesn't mean losing common sense.

Oh how about lets raise troop salary to $5M. If you don't support it that means you don't support the troops.

stalkerforlife
08-30-2019, 12:28 AM
I got stalker winning by wearing OP down then rendering him unconscious with a north-south choke :lol

willing to give 2 to 1 odds...

#fastesthands

Blacks > whites.

rufuspaul
08-30-2019, 07:10 AM
ultimate betrayal of your background due to your brainwashed low iq nature. The essence of the people that you think you support isnt because they are citizens, its because they make the ultimate sacrifice for america. You absolutely do need a lecture. You say that as if you actually fought and didnt get raised in a middle class suburb.

Yeah, a lecture from a pampered cuck ***** like you is just what I need. :rolleyes: When a family member is fighting a war the whole family is affected. Families at least back then lost government housing (only available when active duty personnel are living there) and had to find another place to live on a meager soldier's salary. Not even mentioning separation anxiety, knowing someone you love could die any day. Then if that person is lucky enough to live through their tour when they come back they're not the same. You wouldn't understand because your the type that got trophies for participation and had to go to a safe space when Trump won so you could color and play with puppies.

MaxFly
08-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Of course, most likely it's just filling forms and a waiting period.

Support doesn't mean losing common sense.

I don't believe they are waiving the fees for those serving.

MaxFly
08-30-2019, 08:15 AM
You wouldn't understand

Wouldn't it be fair to say that the true essence of a service member fighting for and representing the US abroad is that sacrifice they are making, and not their citizenship?

iamgine
08-30-2019, 08:25 AM
I don't believe they are waiving the fees for those serving.
Of course they have to pay any fees the same as anyone else duh

Real Men Wear Green
08-30-2019, 09:51 AM
When a family member is fighting a war the whole family is affected. Families at least back then lost government housing (only available when active duty personnel are living there) and had to find another place to live on a meager soldier's salary. Not even mentioning separation anxiety, knowing someone you love could die any day. Then if that person is lucky enough to live through their tour when they come back they're not the same.
And then on top of all that their Commander-in-Chief tells them their kid isn't a citizen.

Long Duck Dong
08-30-2019, 10:56 AM
"Does not affect anyone born in the US" only naturalized citizens. I'm good with that. :applause:

Also naturalized citizens who banged some slut in a 3rd world country now have the option of deciding if they want to give the offspring of that unholy union, citizenship and following their ass into the states and showing up on their doorstep 15-20 years later with packed bags. :oldlol:

How is this not a huge win for US residents?

Go MAGA. Keep up the good work :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
06-27-2020, 09:39 AM
https://www.politicususa.com/2020/06/26/trump-putin-bounty-us-troops.html?fbclid=IwAR2XPd9raYXy8ArxOM0bHTsBCnagD hp5xcXmc3nO-LsGrIte7n_As8Becak

So Trump knew Putin put a bounty on US troops...did nothing.

Shogon
06-27-2020, 09:44 AM
https://www.politicususa.com/2020/06/26/trump-putin-bounty-us-troops.html?fbclid=IwAR2XPd9raYXy8ArxOM0bHTsBCnagD hp5xcXmc3nO-LsGrIte7n_As8Becak

So Trump knew Putin put a bounty on US troops...did nothing.

It could be true, or it could be our intelligence community leaking a false story for whatever reason. You know how many people in Washington & its' extensions I trust, including Trump? Here's a hint... it's less than one. Who the **** even knows what to believe anymore. It's all so tiresome.

MrFonzworth
06-27-2020, 11:23 AM

OP murdered:roll:

CeltsGarlic
06-27-2020, 02:57 PM
I dont wanna pick sides but isnt this basically just funding opposing militias?

Rooster
06-27-2020, 05:23 PM
It could be true, or it could be our intelligence community leaking a false story for whatever reason. You know how many people in Washington & its' extensions I trust, including Trump? Here's a hint... it's less than one. Who the **** even knows what to believe anymore. It's all so tiresome.

Leaks are always intentional. It’s just a clamor diversion while we are moving in silence .