PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many african teams in the World Cup (Euroleague plz respond)?

90sgoat
09-01-2019, 06:19 PM
Giannis real country Nigeria just lost to Russia, Angola and Senegal lost by 50 each to Lithuania (looking real good) and Serbia.

Weak.

brutalBBQ
09-01-2019, 07:03 PM
Giannis real country Nigeria just lost to Russia, Angola and Senegal lost by 50 each to Lithuania (looking real good) and Serbia.

Weak.
Because of their qualifying region.

Philippines for example is in Asia/Pacific and were smashed by Italy.

90sgoat
09-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Because of their qualifying region.

Philippines for example is in Asia/Pacific and were smashed by Italy.

Every region gets the same qualifiers?

scuzzy
09-01-2019, 08:01 PM
OP terrified of the black boogiemen piping down his Slovakian teams dance squad, or better known as the local highschool cheerleaders.

It's no secret the Olympics are a big orge fest and Team USA always gets first honors

Fiba Cup is just the casting couch pre-lims

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2019, 10:31 PM

Oceania only gets one I think. Australia just has to beat the Kiwis to get in. Africa used to get 3 I believe. They have increased the total amount of teams though so I'm not sure how it all works now. Not sure why the USA even had to qualify as the defending champs and olympic champs? Maybe because there was so much time between? Africa and Asia are the weak ones for sure

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2019, 10:36 PM
I think Africa gets 2 for the olympics and there are only 12 teams instead of 32

Mask the Embiid
09-02-2019, 12:45 AM

Weak.
Goes to show when they have money behind them (American Blacks) they absolutely shit on Europe....as a whole....every last country.....every....single....one....Shit on......by any blacks with any strong monetary backing

America > Europe as a whole

Deal with it

brutalBBQ
09-02-2019, 05:53 AM

The first round of the qualifiers were held in late 2017 and early 2018. The Americas, Asia / Oceania and Africa qualifiers featured 16 teams each, whereas Europe had 32 teams. Division A teams was split in groups of four, to be held in a home-and-away round-robin. The top three teams in each groups advanced to round two, and last placed teams played the best Division B teams to qualify for the next season's Division A.

Round two of the World Cup qualifiers were held in late 2018 and early 2019. Teams were split in groups of six, totaling four groups in Europe and two in the other qualifiers. Teams carried over the points from round one, and face another three teams again in a home-and-away round-robin. The best teams in each group qualified for the World Cup.

Starting in 2019, no wild card qualification were held, and the Olympic champions no longer directly qualified to the World Cup.
5 African teams qualified,
Ivory Coast
Tunisia
Nigeria
Senegal
Angola

brutalBBQ
09-02-2019, 06:03 AM
Goes to show when they have money behind them (American Blacks) they absolutely shit on Europe....as a whole....every last country.....every....single....one....Shit on......by any blacks with any strong monetary backing

Deal with it
Strange interpretation, could argue that the African teams that did qualify were the better teams of weaker world game standards. As were Australia for their pool, we only had to beat Japan, Philippines and Chinese Taipei.

Overdrive
09-02-2019, 06:07 AM

Deal with it

If Europe was the USE and they sent a team they'd be on the US' level, easily.

brutalBBQ
09-02-2019, 06:15 AM
If Europe was the USE and they sent a team they'd be on the US' level, easily.
Absolutely, a European Union team would win easily featuring the best from Greece, Spain, Lithuania , Italy, Croatia, Germany, Slovakia combined against the current USA team, vs a USA Dream Team , would be very entertaining

red1
09-02-2019, 07:41 AM
africa is behind the times in basketball give them a decade and watch what happens - giannis embiid and siakam in just the last few years thats not a coincidence :oldlol:

plus lithuania and serbia are good teams historically so I don't know what your point is OP.

90sgoat
09-02-2019, 08:43 AM
Absolutely, a European Union team would win easily featuring the best from Greece, Spain, Lithuania , Italy, Croatia, Germany, Slovakia combined against the current USA team, vs a USA Dream Team , would be very entertaining

An EU team would absolutely mop the floor with ANY team the US could muster.

Im so nba'd out
09-02-2019, 10:03 AM
Need a continent to contend with one little ole country :oldlol: ....patheic

and you'd still lose anyway :roll:

90sgoat
09-02-2019, 10:07 AM
Need a continent to contend with one little ole country :oldlol: ....patheic

and you'd still lose anyway :roll:

You can add Canada if you like, then you're a continent too.

And the US would get an ass whooping 10 times the magnitude of the ass whooping Spanoulis gave you back in the day.

RRR3
09-02-2019, 10:08 AM
africa is behind the times in basketball give them a decade and watch what happens - giannis embiid and siakam in just the last few years thats not a coincidence :oldlol:

plus lithuania and serbia are good teams historically so I don't know what your point is OP.
Giannis is European. He’s of African descent but he isn’t African.

Number34
09-02-2019, 10:13 AM
I was just thinking about Euroleague because of FIBA...surprised to see he hasn

Real Men Wear Green
09-02-2019, 10:41 AM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Giannis is European. He

90sgoat
09-02-2019, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Number34]I was just thinking about Euroleague because of FIBA...surprised to see he hasn

red1
09-02-2019, 01:10 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Giannis is European. He

JD_TO
09-02-2019, 04:45 PM

Africa is Coming up Mali came in 2nd in the U19 Fiba Worlds I was shocked.