PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Nets to choose between Melo and Iso Joe

LukeWalton
09-02-2019, 07:45 PM
per BR

Nets are to decide between Melo and Iso Joe and are working both of them out.

sauces say Joe is the leading candidate due to past history with the Nets

HylianNightmare
09-02-2019, 08:07 PM
Need both

Xiao Yao You
09-02-2019, 08:23 PM
easy choice but both looked done last time they were in the league

theballerFKA Ace
09-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Why do these teams keep digging up up JJ's corpse? Let the man RIP

Kblaze8855
09-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Based on the last basketball I saw both of them play they belong in the NBA. We judge declined stars much more harshly than the hundred or so players who could just as easily be coming off the bench in Europe. The bottom 100 players are all 2 bad weeks from Poland. We see a guy who used to be a star playing anything close to that level and act like he needs to go away but we watch guys come back and forth from Italy or China to the NBA and don’t bat an eye. They are both nba level players. Why stop playing if there’s a chance?

Melo had 28 in a win 6 days before his last game. Do you know how many people on the NBA level are simply not capable of having a 28 point game? There are 50 god awful defenders who make the nba off being able to get 2 quick buckets and work in practice.

Neither of them are just....not good enough to be on a team. But fans are extreme. You can’t just fall off. Once you fall off they act like you’re no better than their buddy from up the street.

imdaman99
09-02-2019, 10:41 PM
Why not both? Both are iso'ers. But what the hell are Kyrie and KD? Not like they play supreme team ball. They're just among the best at ISOing.

superduper
09-02-2019, 10:43 PM
BR is a joke

Xiao Yao You
09-02-2019, 11:09 PM
[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]Based on the last basketball I saw both of them play they belong in the NBA. We judge declined stars much more harshly than the hundred or so players who could just as easily be coming off the bench in Europe. The bottom 100 players are all 2 bad weeks from Poland. We see a guy who used to be a star playing anything close to that level and act like he needs to go away but we watch guys come back and forth from Italy or China to the NBA and don

ImKobe
09-03-2019, 06:30 AM
Both have basically missed a season but Joe was so much worse than Melo in 2018 and he's 38 now... I'm shocked the Nets are even considering JJ at this point. Melo's 3 years younger man, it shouldn't even be a debate.

Uncle Drew
09-03-2019, 06:33 AM
Both have basically missed a season but Joe was so much worse than Melo in 2018 and he's 38 now... I'm shocked the Nets are even considering JJ at this point. Melo's 3 years younger man, it shouldn't even be a debate.
No shit. Everybody knows that. The problem isn't Carmelo's ability, it's his mindset. The guy still thinks he's a star. Nobody wants his jab stepping into long 2s.

ImKobe
09-03-2019, 06:51 AM
No shit. Everybody knows that. The problem isn't Carmelo's ability, it's his mindset. The guy still thinks he's a star. Nobody wants his jab stepping into long 2s.

We're still bringing up 2017-18 with OKC but that's when Melo was coming off an all-star season with the Knicks at age 33, of course he still wanted to be a starter then. He had a bad Playoff series shooting the three but does that mean he shouldn't get a spot in the league anymore?

I haven't heard anything since 2017 about him thinking of himself as a star player. He went to Houston and fully accepted the bench role, since then he's went on National TV and said he's willing to do whatever it takes to be back in the NBA. He's a decent volume 3-point shooter and that's basically what he did for the past 2 seasons.