PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Ingram will emerge as the Pelicans Franchise Player

AirTupac
09-04-2019, 09:41 PM
Kid is ready for that life :rockon:

Bronbron23
09-04-2019, 09:51 PM
Well he might but if he does the pelicans are gonna suck for the next decade or so

AirTupac
09-04-2019, 09:53 PM
Well he might but if he does the pelicans are gonna suck for the next decade or so

27/6 on 60% post allstar break for a 21 year old with an elite repertoire and deadly mid range. Staying healthy is the only thing keeping him from superstar status.

"HE GON SUK" - Some dweeb on ISH :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bronbron23
09-04-2019, 10:03 PM
27/6 on 60% post allstar break for a 21 year old with an elite repertoire and deadly mid range. Staying healthy is the only thing keeping him from superstar status.

"HE GON SUK" - Some dweeb on ISH :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'm not saying he gonna suck he's gonna be a good player no dought. He'll probably be a multiple all star even. All I'm saying is that if he's your franchise guy your probably gonna struggle as a franchise.

scuzzy
09-04-2019, 10:04 PM
Poor Zion already plagued with the dead corpse of IV Drip Queen and Lavar's beauty pageant child

AirTupac
09-04-2019, 10:04 PM
I'm not saying he gonna suck he's gonna be a good player no dought. He'll probably be a multiple all star even. All I'm saying is that if he's your franchise guy your probably gonna struggle as a franchise.

Unless he becomes Kawhi 3.0 :cheers:

(he's on track because hes longer and is more skilled than Kawhi was)

RealSkipBayless
09-04-2019, 10:42 PM
Ingram and Lonzo will come home and win once they are UFA. :cheers:

AirTupac
09-04-2019, 10:43 PM
Ingram and Lonzo will come home and win once they are UFA. :cheers:

You are probably my fav poster bro :cheers:

3ball
09-04-2019, 10:52 PM
You're thinking about a guy that can't carry a team with elite scoring, like Pippen

But this kid destroys 21-year-old Pip and is already a better ballhandler, shooter, and repertoire than Pip ever was/had ... He was a star since HS, while pip was the ball boy into his tiny college.. Ingram is the prodigy that pip never was

Bronbron23
09-04-2019, 10:56 PM
Unless he becomes Kawhi 3.0 :cheers:

(he's on track because hes longer and is more skilled than Kawhi was)
Maybe but I don't see it. Kawhi has slowly developed into a great scorer but even before that he always made pretty good decisions on the court. Ingram has the athleticism and skill no dought but it just seems like he doesn't always make the right play. Like he doesn't know when to do what. To some guys it comes naturally and not so much to others. I could be wrong which is be fine with. He's a likeable dude I'm just not sold on his game.

fsvr54
09-04-2019, 10:57 PM
You're thinking about a guy that can't carry a team with elite scoring, like Pippen

But this kid destroys 21-year-old Pip and is already a better ballhandler, shooter, and repertoire than Pip ever was/had ... He was a star since HS, while pip was the ball boy into his tiny college.. Ingram is the prodigy that pip never was

:biggums:

This is the first time I've ever seen you compliment a player that isn't Jordan.

AirTupac
09-04-2019, 10:57 PM
Maybe but I don't see it. Kawhi has slowly developed into a great scorer but even before that he always made pretty good decisions on the court. Ingram has the athleticism and skill no dought but it just seems like he doesn't always make the right play. Like he doesn't know when to do what. To some guys it comes naturally and not so much to others. I could be wrong which is be fine with. He's a likeable dude I'm just not sold on his game.

It clicked for him after January and he said it himself that he stopped trying to fit in with LeBron and stopped thinking so much about how to fit in and just played his game. Its tough for a young guy like him to be put in so many different positions and teams.

Smoke117
09-04-2019, 11:01 PM
:biggums:

This is the first time I've ever seen you compliment a player that isn't Jordan.

He only cares about Ingram because he played with LeBron. If Ingram plays well then he can make a thousand threads on how LeBron was holding him back. The man has a deep mental sickness in his brain.

3ball
09-04-2019, 11:12 PM
He only cares about Ingram because he played with LeBron. If Ingram plays well then he can make a thousand threads on how LeBron was holding him back. The man has a deep mental sickness in his brain.
While you aren't wrong, I also really like his game - if he had elite work ethic, maybe Kobe work ethic, he could be an all-time great - there's no aspect of scoring or footwork that he doesn't have already at 21 and 6'10"

he's great on the post with turnaround fadeaways; his jumper is also well-developed off-the-dribble; he also bullies guys anytime there's a size mismatch.. he doesn't hesitate.. he's a good passer and played a lot of PG already in his young career - he has a break-down dribble with repertoire, not a basic ballhandler like Pip... Good form and footwork on his catch-and-shoot.. textbook shooting form

And after you guys trashed him last year, he went on a tear that pippen never had in his whole career, let alone as a young player... :yaohappy:... keep talking genius

Smoke117
09-04-2019, 11:22 PM
While you aren't wrong, I also really like his game - if he had elite work ethic, maybe Kobe work ethic, he could be an all-time great - there's no aspect of scoring or footwork that he doesn't have already at 21 and 6'10"

he's great on the post with turnaround fadeaways; his jumper is also well-developed off-the-dribble; he also bullies guys anytime there's a size mismatch.. he doesn't hesitate.. he's a good passer and played a lot of PG already in his young career - he has a break-down dribble with repertoire, not a basic ballhandler like Pip... Good form and footwork on his catch-and-shoot.. textbook shooting form

And after you guys trashed him last year, he went on a tear that pippen never had in his whole career, let alone as a young player... :yaohappy:... keep talking genius

Didn't read past that point. I got all I need from that.

brooks_thompson
09-04-2019, 11:31 PM
I've never heard him speak, so I'm just judging a book by its cover, but he looks dumb and also like a low-level drug dealer. He can feel free to prove me wrong and I'll admit that I was being shallow. But sometimes things just are that shallow.

Bronbron23
09-04-2019, 11:37 PM

Not sure what any of that proves really. 19 and 20 year old LeBron was better than 19 and 20 year old mj but mj ended up being the better player.

And plenty of prodigy's didn't meet expectations. Yes he's better than pip at the same age but I guarantee you that trend won't continue. Ingram dosnt have the iq that pip had. Skills and size are great but the game is 70% mental.

Oh and pip almost led the bulls as the franchise guy to the finals with absolutely no help. Let's see if Ingram can come anywhere close to doing that

3ball
09-04-2019, 11:40 PM
after you guys trashed him last year, he went on a tear that pippen never had in his whole career, let alone as a young player.

Ingram > 89' Pippen BY FAR

Ditto Mo Will:

09' Mo Will RS:. 18/3/4.. 58.8 ts.. 115 ORtg.. 17.1 PER.. 0.165 ws/48.. 2.3 bpm.. 3.1 vorp
89' Pippen RS:.. 14/6/4.. 52.4 ts.. 102 ORtg.. 14.9 PER.. 0.080 ws/48.. 1.4 bpm.. 2.1 vorp

09' Mo Will ECF:.ni 18/3/4.. 50.5 ts.. 102 ORtg.. lost to #4 SRS (2 all-stars)
89' Pippen 1st Rd:. 15/9/4.. 51.0 ts.. 102 ORtg.. beat 'o #1 SRS (3 all-stars*)

* plus 20/5/5 Ron Harper

Looks like Lebron had the far better cast but lost to a worse team than MJ defeated in 89'.. :confusedshrug:

So Lebron's 09' loss as the favorite was clearly a black mark and MJ would've won against the weaker opponent and with the greater help on BOTH ends of the floor (cavs had the better defense than 89' bulls)

Bronbron23
09-04-2019, 11:40 PM
It clicked for him after January and he said it himself that he stopped trying to fit in with LeBron and stopped thinking so much about how to fit in and just played his game. Its tough for a young guy like him to be put in so many different positions and teams.
Well he's going through it all again so we'll see. I actually think he'll have a pretty big year stats wise I just don't see him being a winner as the franchise guy. Time will tell I guess

3ball
09-04-2019, 11:51 PM
Not sure what any of that proves really. 19 and 20 year old LeBron was better than 19 and 20 year old mj but mj ended up being the better player.

And plenty of prodigy's didn't meet expectations. Yes he's better than pip at the same age but I guarantee you that trend won't continue. Ingram dosnt have the iq that pip had. Skills and size are great but the game is 70% mental.

Oh and pip almost led the bulls as the franchise guy to the finals with absolutely no help. Let's see if Ingram can come anywhere close to doing that
You left out my first comment that Ingram has the potential to r elite scoring and therefore the ability to carry a team

Otoh, pip needed a 3-peat system to do anything, and he didn't lead shit - his 3 chokes COST the bulls that 2nd round series (sit-out game, dumb foul on jumoshooter in game 5, and horrible game 7)... Pip was nothing without mj

And btw, 19-yr lebron wasn't good compared to mj - I guarantee lebron couldn't shoot like the mj that hit the championship GW ... And sophomore mj was like a 28 ppg NBA players, just like rookie mj.. mj's soph year was better than his junior yr

Bronbron23
09-05-2019, 12:03 AM
You left out my first comment that Ingram has the potential to r elite scoring and therefore the ability to carry a team

Otoh, pip needed a 3-peat system to do anything, and he didn't lead shit - his 3 chokes COST the bulls that 2nd round series (sit-out game, dumb foul on jumoshooter in game 5, and horrible game 7)... Pip was nothing without mj

And btw, 19-yr lebron wasn't good compared to mj - I guarantee lebron couldn't shoot like the mj that hit the championship GW ... And sophomore mj was like a 28 ppg NBA players, just like rookie mj.. mj's soph year was better than his junior yr
That 3 peat system was the same one that mj benefited from So I guess Phil is just as responsible for mj's rings as mj is.

And you could say the same thing about mj not being shit without pip man. I wouldn't say that about either guy personally but your just setting yourself up for a 1-9 comment from one of the many mj haters with that comment

highwhey
09-05-2019, 12:25 AM
correcto mundo

highwhey
09-05-2019, 12:25 AM
I've never heard him speak, so I'm just judging a book by its cover, but he looks dumb and also like a low-level drug dealer. He can feel free to prove me wrong and I'll admit that I was being shallow. But sometimes things just are that shallow.
:lol lowkey true

3ball
09-05-2019, 12:38 AM
That 3 peat system was the same one that mj benefited from So I guess Phil is just as responsible for mj's rings as mj is.

And you could say the same thing about mj not being shit without pip man. I wouldn't say that about either guy personally but your just setting yourself up for a 1-9 comment from one of the many mj haters with that comment
MJ proved the little-known triangle could work

You're forgetting that Phil was an assistant on the Bulls before taking over as head coach

So the idea of using the triangle didn't just pop into his head after getting the head job - he was invariably plotting to use MJ in the triangle from before he got the job and infact got the job by explaining his plans for MJ in the job interview.. I'm sure GM Krause liked the idea of possibly containing MJ a bit.

Now would assistant Phil be plotting to use the triangle with a player like cp3 or Lebron? How could he?? - the triangle doesn't operate with that kind of skillset producing at high rates (no ball-domination).. Otoh, MJ's off-ball skillset was critical to the offense - Phil wouldn't have used the offense without this natural compatibility... and mj's scoring champion production was the biggest component of developing the triangle into a championship system - the triangle never won until it met the goat scorer, a clone of the goat scorer (kob), and the MDE (shaq)..

ralph_i_el
09-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Fun fact: Ingram has scored 30 points only 3 times in his career, a lost all 3 games.

Manny98
09-05-2019, 10:34 AM
:oldlol:

Hey Yo
09-05-2019, 12:53 PM
nvrmind.... didn't work

Bronbron23
09-05-2019, 01:16 PM
MJ proved the little-known triangle could work

You're forgetting that Phil was an assistant on the Bulls before taking over as head coach

So the idea of using the triangle didn't just pop into his head after getting the head job - he was invariably plotting to use MJ in the triangle from before he got the job and infact got the job by explaining his plans for MJ in the job interview.. I'm sure GM Krause liked the idea of possibly containing MJ a bit.

Now would assistant Phil be plotting to use the triangle with a player like cp3 or Lebron? How could he?? - the triangle doesn't operate with that kind of skillset producing at high rates (no ball-domination).. Otoh, MJ's off-ball skillset was critical to the offense - Phil wouldn't have used the offense without this natural compatibility... and mj's scoring champion production was the biggest component of developing the triangle into a championship system - the triangle never won until it met the goat scorer, a clone of the goat scorer (kob), and the MDE (shaq)..
There's not much new under the sun man so I highly dought there's any coaches coming up with any new plays or schemes in the last 30 years. Maybe Dantoni and Morey but I don't even know if that was. Players and coaches both learn from there predecessors. Do you think mj invented any of his moves? Does that mean he dosnt get any credit for his scoring because he didn't invent his moves?

Phil was gonna run the triangle no matter what so your wrong there. He didn't run it because of mj but it was definitely a luxury having him in it because his game was perfect for it( his game is perfect for any system really).

And I don't know if Jerry liked the idea of containing mj as much as he liked the idea of winning. Mj wouldn't have won as much if he continued to play the way he did. His stats would of been even better but he would have less chips for sure.

And yes I know LeBron or any ball dominant player wouldn't succeed in the triangle. It relies alot on post play and off ball movement off of the ball being in the he post. LeBron isn't an amazing off ball scorer. He needs the ball in his hands.

I like mj as much as the next fan I'm just not a blind follower. He wasn't the only one responsible for the bulls success. Phil and pip deserve alot of the credit also. Maybe not quite as much as mj but close to it. You obviously don't like either because you feel it takes away from mj's accomplishments but every great player needed help. For you to put Ingram on pips level is just dumb man. What in the hell has Ingram done? He Scored a bunch of 20 point games on a crap team in a bunch of losses?

dbugz
09-05-2019, 01:17 PM
from being the supposed lakers franchis player to a 2nd pedal to a fat rookie

aint gonna reach the playoffs for the rest of his nba career

book it

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Bronbron23
09-05-2019, 01:33 PM
from being the supposed lakers franchis player to a 2nd pedal to a fat rookie

aint gonna reach the playoffs for the rest of his nba career

book it

:oldlol: :oldlol:
I wouldn't go that far. I could see them making the playoffs in a few years. Just not with him as the franchise guy. He and fat boy could be all stars in the near future and if they get another star who's a real franchise player they would totally make the playoffs.

LAmbruh
09-05-2019, 02:04 PM
Going into his 4 season and many still selling the prophecy Dripset's clot explodes into Durant 2.0 overnight. All because they share similar body structure.

Users like Perotic/3ball are masters at this blonde girl assessment. They can conclude without any anecdotal evidence Julius Randle is Zion Willgraham's absolute ceiling. Because doppleganger hypothesis

superduper
09-05-2019, 02:26 PM
Ingram is going to be a nice player you fools gonna be eating your words

Bronbron23
09-05-2019, 03:11 PM
Ingram is going to be a nice player you fools gonna be eating your words
The argument wasn't wether he'd be nice. It was wether he'd be a franchise guy. I actually like Ingram I just don't see him being a franchise guy and definitely don't see him being Kevin Durant. I don't care about stats. Kd in college was more polished than Ingram is now. Ingrams movement is more choppy than kd's. His shot isn't as good either. He does have a comparable post game and finishing however. He also has the potential to be an elite defender. Overall though i don't see him being on kd's level but I could see him being a really good third or maybe even second option

Boogey
09-05-2019, 04:52 PM
If his jumper and Catch-and-shoot ability doesn

Rooster
09-05-2019, 06:23 PM
He