PDA

View Full Version : Moving Screens NEED to be called more

StrongLurk
09-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Seriously, moving screens are probably the most overlooked advantage on offense. There are too many times where there are EGREGIOUS moving screens that are simply overlooked, especially in clutch moments.

Look at the play at 1:52, Malone is moving and holding the defender the whole time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-EEL7FfQM&feature=youtu.be&t=112

This is just one random moment but it was a big moment that helped Stockton get a clear shot. The Warriors recently have been the biggest offenders, simply because their style of play is so perimeter oriented.

Refs need to call moving screens way more to help the defense out.

scuzzy
09-06-2019, 03:22 PM
The 73 win Warriors were built on 3+ moving screens per possession

It took 4 playoff rounds for a team to finally figure out just elbow and pinch Curry/Klay in between screens while running around like gerbils

Dray knew immediately in the parking lot it was a bad long term investment

Ainosterhaspie
09-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Totally agree. It's not just buddy movement either. Players throw out elbows and arms, and he'd and hold. Needs to be eliminated.

sdot_thadon
09-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Damn op, did you really have to remind me of that moment?

From there on it was **** Karl Malone for life. :oldlol:

Smoke117
09-08-2019, 04:27 AM
Damn op, did you really have to remind me of that moment?

From there on it was **** Karl Malone for life. :oldlol:

John Stockton was actually the one was known for putting out the chicken on screens. Karl Malone wasn't particularly hiding the fact he'd elbow you upside you upside the head. Johnny liked to sneak em in, though.

brutalBBQ
09-08-2019, 05:12 AM
If the 3 seconds D in the paint rule doesn't exist, does it look different?

brooks_thompson
09-08-2019, 05:27 AM
It has always been a problem I imagine, but I never truly noticed how ridiculous it was til the KG Celtics. KG and Perk pretty much said '**** it, we're just gonna wear em down til they pretty much have to stop calling it'. And they succeeded through sheer attrition. 10 years later, it is still an unchecked problem.

Bronbron23
09-08-2019, 09:47 AM
Seriously, moving screens are probably the most overlooked advantage on offense. There are too many times where there are EGREGIOUS moving screens that are simply overlooked, especially in clutch moments.

Look at the play at 1:52, Malone is moving and holding the defender the whole time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-EEL7FfQM&feature=youtu.be&t=112

This is just one random moment but it was a big moment that helped Stockton get a clear shot. The Warriors recently have been the biggest offenders, simply because their style of play is so perimeter oriented.

Refs need to call moving screens way more to help the defense out.
I don't mind the moving screens. There's always been moving screens. The only difference is now your not allowed fighting through them or it's a foul. It's ridiculous. Just let guys fight through them and stop killing all the physicality in the game.

Spurs m8
09-08-2019, 10:58 AM
100% agree.

In this boring 3 jacking league, at least make the 3 jacking legal ffs

Maybe the nba could start calling basketball as basketball again...thatd be amazing

sdot_thadon
09-08-2019, 11:06 AM
100% agree.

Maybe the nba could start calling basketball as basketball again...thatd be amazing
What's amazing is the fact that despite the game being so boring and bringing you so much pain you can't resist it.:oldlol: This place is crawling with masochists.

superduper
09-08-2019, 11:45 AM
A lot of things NEED to be called more.

Like the blatant travels, carries, and flops. It's becoming disgusting how much they allow for "entertainment" purposes.

GimmeThat
09-08-2019, 12:00 PM
Its a matter of your footings and the position of your shoulders when you absorb contact. The feet really shouldnt move before the arms, just so charges can be called as well.

VictorMosquito
09-08-2019, 04:31 PM
But but but LeBRON :mad:
Meltdown :dancin

RoseCity07
09-08-2019, 05:06 PM
Also, they need to stop being used as make up calls. Basically any time I see a ref **** up a call the next screen is always called moving. If I'm a point guard and I know the other team just got screwed I'm chucking a pull up three before they can do a make up call on some bullshit.

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 10:56 AM
Also, they need to stop being used as make up calls. Basically any time I see a ref **** up a call the next screen is always called moving. If I'm a point guard and I know the other team just got screwed I'm chucking a pull up three before they can do a make up call on some bullshit.

Hahaha, this is sooo true.

superduper
09-09-2019, 11:06 AM
Meltdown :dancin

Huh?
Why would the things I said remind you of Bran? :biggums:

Must be a legit reason as to why you immediately thought that :eek:

VictorMosquito
09-09-2019, 11:17 PM
Huh?
Why would the things I said remind you of Bran? :biggums:

Must be a legit reason as to why you immediately thought that :eek:
My god you're right...

tpols
09-09-2019, 11:38 PM
nothing wrong with a good O-line.

has always existed...

what they need to do is stop handicapping defenses in the paint. no more 3 sec

PeroAntic
09-10-2019, 03:53 AM
100% agree.

The 3 jacking is a result of moving screens. Moving screens make fighting through them impossible, which results with the primary strategy to be switching. With switching big men become useless because the point of the game is to pick on them, create a bit of separation and jack a three. That leads to a wing overload, which by definition increases jacking again.

In short, this is one of the biggest issues in the game that needs to be addressed.

VictorMosquito
09-10-2019, 04:00 AM
The 3 jacking is a result of moving screens. Moving screens make fighting through them impossible, which results with the primary strategy to be switching. With switching big men become useless because the point of the game is to pick on them, create a bit of separation and jack a three. That leads to a wing overload, which by definition increases jacking again.

In short, this is one of the biggest issues in the game that needs to be addressed.
Wrong as always.

PeroAntic
09-10-2019, 04:18 AM
Wrong as always.
Oh hai doggie

SamuraiSWISH
09-10-2019, 06:39 PM

:applause:

Quality analysis