PDA

View Full Version : Greece are better without Giannis

90sgoat
09-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Greece made the game close in the 4th coming to within 10 points... without Giannis.

Giannis obstructs the offense with his ball dominance and lack of shooting.

ElPigto
09-07-2019, 10:18 AM
It seemed to me that all of Greece sucked at shooting.

90sgoat
09-07-2019, 10:19 AM
It seemed to me that all of Greece sucked at shooting.

Because it looks like Lebron ball aka Giannis ball, where there no ball movement and teammates have to shoot bail out shots out of rythm late in the shotclock,

superduper
09-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Because it looks like Lebron ball aka Giannis ball, where there no ball movement and teammates have to shoot bail out shots out of rythm late in the shotclock,

It's funny how everyone in Bran's mold is a ball hogging, offense obstructing, empty stat stuffing, detriment to the team with next to no basketball skill ala Giannis and Ben Simmons.

90sgoat
09-07-2019, 10:35 AM
It's funny how everyone in Bran's mold is a ball hogging, offense obstructing, empty stat stuffing, detriment to the team with next to no basketball skill ala Giannis and Ben Simmons.

Yes, Bran paved the way for maximum individual stats and glory to the detriment of team success. I would choose that too if I was a street hawker on the streets of Athens. Can't blame him, but it doesn't win basketball games.

ElPigto
09-07-2019, 10:37 AM

There were many plays where Giannis wasn't even involved and they still sucked at shooting.

If Greece had shooters, they would have less issues. The system seems to work for the Bucks since they have plenty of shooters.

Either way, I'm no fan of Giannis, I'm just annoyed reading bad analysis. I should know better though coming to a website where juveniles run wild.

I'll check out, enjoy your worthless thread.

bison
09-07-2019, 11:03 AM

This.

paksat
09-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Greece made the game close in the 4th coming to within 10 points... without Giannis.

Giannis obstructs the offense with his ball dominance and lack of shooting.

you mean the same shit that lebron does?

Replay32
09-07-2019, 12:01 PM
Yes, Bran paved the way for maximum individual stats and glory to the detriment of team success. I would choose that too if I was a street hawker on the streets of Athens. Can't blame him, but it doesn't win basketball games.

WTF are you talking about? Sounds like you've never seen Lebron James play basketball. Lebron has lead his teams to 3 NBA Championships and he has 3 FMVP's. He also went to 8 straight finals with 2 different teams.

That would mean he's won ALOT of games. He's won more than he's lost for the majority of his career.

And if you would watch the games. The only time Lebron will bog down the offense and dribble the clock down is when a big switches on him and he feels he has a mismatch or like the last minute or 2 of a close game. Which is what a lot of superstars do (I hate this approach by the way). But for the majority of the game he's not bogging down the offense.

You guys act like he's James Harden. Lebron's resume is impressive. There's really no need to hate on the dude.

Euroleague
09-07-2019, 12:02 PM
This marks 6 years now that Giannis has played with Greece. In all 6 years, the team played clearly better with him on the bench.

He's got to be the most overrated basketball player in world history.

90sgoat
09-07-2019, 12:02 PM
WTF are you talking about? Sounds like you've never seen Lebron James play basketball. Lebron has lead his teams to 3 NBA Championships and he has 3 FMVP's. He also went to 8 straight finals with 2 different teams.

That would mean he's won ALOT of games. He's won more than he's lost for the majority of his career.

And if you would watch the games. The only time Lebron will bog down the offense and dribble the clock down is when a big switches on him and he feels he has a mismatch or like the last couple minutes of a close game. Which is what a lot of superstars do (I hate this approach by the way). But for the majority of the game he's not bogging down the offense.

You guys act like he's James Harden. Lebron's resume is impressive. There's really no need to hate on the dude.

Kawhi with Bosh, Wade
Durant with Bosh, Wade
PG with Bosh, Wade
Hayward with Bosh, Wade

Each and one of those would replicate exactly the same that Lebron did.

305Baller
09-07-2019, 12:05 PM
Clearly Nikeball doesnt work on the world stage.

:lol

Replay32
09-07-2019, 12:08 PM
Kawhi with Bosh, Wade
Durant with Bosh, Wade
PG with Bosh, Wade
Hayward with Bosh, Wade

Each and one of those would replicate exactly the same that Lebron did.

How many great players have won without playing with other great players all stars or HOFer's? I'll wait.

Xiao Yao You
09-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Funny how just a few days ago the USA sucked and had no chance against Greece and others and now it's Giannis that sucks not the worst American team ever. :rolleyes:

PAOK
09-07-2019, 02:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED3T7kbXsAEFpDP.jpg

7/11 for triple-teamed #34, 14/55 for everyone else...

but sure Greece is better without him :facepalm :facepalm

Rudeboy3
09-07-2019, 02:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ED3T7kbXsAEFpDP.jpg

7/11 for triple-teamed #34, 14/55 for everyone else...

but sure Greece is better without him :facepalm :facepalm
Can't fix stupid mane, don't even bother :facepalm

Xiao Yao You
09-07-2019, 02:25 PM
basketball isn't a team sport on ISH

90sgoat
09-07-2019, 03:53 PM
basketball isn't a team sport on ISH

Basketball isn't a team sport in the NBA

Xiao Yao You
09-07-2019, 04:21 PM
Basketball isn't a team sport in the NBA

is for many teams now

fourkicks44
09-07-2019, 09:53 PM

Ben Simmons is a ball hog?

Ben Simmons that refuses to shoot?

Come on, son.

brooks_thompson
09-08-2019, 04:43 AM
Just watched the USA-Greece match. Poor Greece could hardly hit anything. I can't imagine they normally shoot that poorly.

Maybe just cause it's fresh, maybe just because it's basketball, but the FIBA game has been a joy to watch. Plus, there's just something nice and neat about being able to watch a game in 2 hours max.

Euroleague
09-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Giannis' whole World Cup was a disaster for NBA marketing gimmicks.