bison
09-07-2019, 12:26 PM
The showtime lakers couldn

PickernRoller
09-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Goat.

StrongLurk
09-07-2019, 12:28 PM
The showtime lakers couldn’t do it. The bad boy pistons couldn’t do it. The Kobe/gasol Lakers couldn’t do it. The Miami Heatles couldn’t do it. The GOAT team Golden state warriors couldn’t do it.

Doing it once is a monument in itself (shout out to kobe Shaq and Bill Russell)

But Jordan did it.

TWICE.

:biggums:

And this niqqa did it the second time after retirement. The ****!?

He honestly three peated the second time because the league was very weak relative to the modern era AND the Bulls were still a top 3 team in the league every year.

I mean the 96 Bulls run was very impressive, but 97/98 MJ, Pip, Rodman who are all out of their prime went up against Stockton/Malone who were basically at the back end of their prime. There should have been more elite young talent throughout the league to push those teams out of the finals...but there weren't.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-07-2019, 12:32 PM
Mike is the GOAT.

With Showtime And Bird's Celtics tho, both were legit powerhouses.

Ditto with Doc's Sixers.

The 80s had three, maybe FOUR super teams. Pure gauntlet.

bison
09-07-2019, 12:34 PM
He honestly three peated the second time because the league was very weak relative to the modern era AND the Bulls were still a top 3 team in the league every year.

I mean the 96 Bulls run was very impressive, but 97/98 MJ, Pip, Rodman who are all out of their prime went up against Stockton/Malone who were basically at the back end of their prime. There should have been more elite young talent throughout the league to push those teams out of the finals...but there weren't.

Wrong.

the 90s was probably the most evenly leveraged league. Most teams were formatted this way: Two Stars (one alpha one sidekick); outside shooter; big man + mediocre power foward+ X factor. Maybe the big man was a scrub but that meant your point guard was a stud. Or your point guard was a scrub so your big man was a stud. ALL NBA teams in the 90s had this lineup. So evenly matched. But Jordan won 6 times out of 8 years :biggums:

Mr Feeny
09-07-2019, 01:01 PM

What the hell is this sht:cheers:
Those Jazz teams eviscerated Shaq, Kobe, Jones, and Van Exel's lakers.

Leviathon1121
09-07-2019, 03:14 PM

So stupid. According to kids these days that think athleticism is everything, that Lakers team led by Shaq still in his athletic prime should have decimated the Jazz. Instead they got swept. Either those Jazz teams were actually really, really good at basketball, or athleticism doesn

The Iron Fist
09-07-2019, 06:43 PM

You didn

egokiller
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM
GOAT MJ 3 peating.

Now compare that to some 6 time loser who got his shit pushed in by Jason Terry. :lol

The only thing more cringe are the losers that try to justify such failure. :applause:

AlternativeAcc.
09-07-2019, 08:40 PM
He lost to the Magic in the 2nd round with a team that won 60 games without him. Mindboggling L.

StrongLurk
09-07-2019, 09:23 PM
You didn’t watch the nba in the 90s.

Between 1980-now, the weakest era for ALL-TIME great teams were between 94-2000...

Tell me, how did MUCH WORSE VERSIONS of MJ, Pippen, and Rodman manage to three peat and win more games than they ever did before 96-98?

Hell, in 99 we had an EIGTH-seeded team make the finals...

And of course 94 and most of 95 didn't even have the best player in the world (MJ) playing...on top of massive expansion throughout the 90s.

I mean, MJ is the GOAT...but that doesn't mean he didn't win a couple of those chips in an era without any true elite competition that existed in the 80's earlier in his career.

The 91-93 and 96-98 Bulls win 3-4 chips in the 80's AT MOST...but MJ is still GOAT.

Vino24
09-07-2019, 11:00 PM
Making it to the finals 3 times in a row was MJ

bison
09-08-2019, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=Vino24]Making it to the finals 3 times in a row was MJ

Smoke117
09-08-2019, 12:53 AM
I love how OP goes on about teams, but then goes on how Jordan 3 peated twice. It's not like the top 30 all time Scottie Pippen was a part of both of those threepeats or anything.

superduper
09-08-2019, 03:22 AM

Lol so blatantly obvious when someone didn't watch :lol

Psileas
09-08-2019, 06:47 AM
The showtime lakers couldn’t do it. The bad boy pistons couldn’t do it. The Kobe/gasol Lakers couldn’t do it. The Miami Heatles couldn’t do it. The GOAT team Golden state warriors couldn’t do it.

Doing it once is a monument in itself (shout out to kobe Shaq and Bill Russell)

But Jordan did it.

TWICE.

:biggums:

And this niqqa did it the second time after retirement. The ****!?

Russell "3-peating" is a vast understatement. And he missed half the '58 Finals. Dude came very close to 10-peating - and I don't care how many teams were in the league, nobody before him even came close either, plus, it was still a league when he'd face Wilt year after year, when '96-'98 Jordan was facing...who exactly? Past prime Jeff Hornacek? Reggie Miller once? Gary Payton once?

:applause: Not to mention, despite the supposed uber-physicality of the era, they were staying healthy enough to always have their star players active in the playoffs.

Manny98
09-08-2019, 07:48 AM
Jordan 3 peated after two expansion drafts that watered-down the overall talent around the league

#weakera

StrongLurk
09-08-2019, 10:00 AM
Lol so blatantly obvious when someone didn't watch :lol

Between 1980-now, the weakest era for ALL-TIME great teams were between 94-2000...

Tell me, how did MUCH WORSE VERSIONS of MJ, Pippen, and Rodman manage to three peat and win more games than they ever did before 96-98?

Hell, in 99 we had an EIGHTH-seeded team make the finals...

And of course 94 and most of 95 didn't even have the best player in the world (MJ) playing...on top of massive expansion throughout the 90s.

I mean, MJ is the GOAT...but that doesn't mean he didn't win a couple of those chips in an era without any true elite/historical competition that existed in the 80's earlier in his career.

The 91-93 and 96-98 Bulls win 3-4 chips in the 80's AT MOST...but MJ is still GOAT.

Phoenix
09-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Jordan 3 peated after two expansion drafts that watered-down the overall talent around the league

#weakera

So MJ's championships carry less value because 6 teams joined the league in his era, but you giddily moonwalk over the fact that 14 teams joined the league between 1966 and 1980, via expansion drafts in 1966, 68. 70, 74 and 1980 and the ABA merger. So expansion didn't start in 1988, but of course you have no agenda when you completely ignore the history of NBA draft expansion. It only happened in 88 and 95, and only benefited the Bulls coincidentally and Jordan in particular. Right?

Let me guess the string of replies to this:

-A dumb comeback from you with rolling smilies
-Hey Yo saying something about MJ quitting the league
-Skip Bayless saying something about meltdown
-Lambruh saying something about me turning up to every Jordan thread( something he would know only if he or one of his alts were in the thread to verify)

That about cover it?

egokiller
09-08-2019, 10:30 AM

#weakera

Which is why you ranked LeBron 11th all time.

FKAri
09-08-2019, 10:34 AM
OP's mind is easily boggled

3ball
09-08-2019, 12:21 PM

Hell, in 99 we had an EIGHTH-seeded team make the finals...

I mean, MJ is the GOAT...but that doesn't mean he didn't win a couple of those chips in an era without any true elite/historical competition that existed in the 80's earlier in his career.

You guys are dumb because everyone was impacted equally from expansion - the bulls didn't benefit more than any other team, so there's no reduction of their rings - everyone dealt with the same environment

To assume the bulls benefitted more than anyone else is literally high school dropout level dumbness - that isn't how it works

Regarding the bulls in the 80's - MJ wouldn't have retired in the 80's, so he wouldn't leave 2-3 rings on the table like he did in the 90's.. mj's true ring count for the 90's is like 8-9, which gets reduced to 6-7 in the 80's... :cheers:

Phoenix
09-08-2019, 12:34 PM
You guys are dumb because everyone was impacted equally from expansion - the bulls didn't benefit more than any other team, so there's no reduction of their rings - everyone dealt with the same environment

To assume the bulls benefitted more than anyone else is literally high school dropout level dumbness - that isn't how it works

It's the same argument as 'MJ benefited from the shorter 3point line' as if he alone was able to leverage the 22 foot mark while the rest of the league had to shoot from the longer distance. Same trolling nonsense as 'MJ benefited from expansion', again as if the Bulls were somehow isolated from its effects but everyone else was adversely impacted by it. See my comment above about expansion, the league never endured a greater period of expansion than the late 60's up to 80 when several teams were created/joined from the ABA.

I'm of the belief that the league is what it is at any given point, and this not only impacts the quality of your opposition but the quality of your own teammates. If you give MJ better teammates, does that mean he's likely to do worse? Of course not. Give him the team that Bird and Magic was running with in the 80s. See what 91 MJ would do with 85 Cap on the block and Worthy on the wings. Yes, with MJ instead of Magic running the show they become more of a half-court team....but good luck trying to contain Kareem on the block and MJ on the perimeter.

Stringer Bell
09-08-2019, 08:09 PM
I love how OP goes on about teams, but then goes on how Jordan 3 peated twice. It's not like the top 30 all time Scottie Pippen was a part of both of those threepeats or anything.

Yeah lol

No other teammates from the 1st 3-peat were on any of the 2nd 3-peat teams. Just Jordan and Pippen.

Even Jordan took the time out during his HOF speech from talking about how great he is to pointing out that pip was there with him on all six titles.

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 10:59 AM
Guess what? The expansion Raptors beat the Bulls to give them one of their 10 losses. Enough with the watered down crap.

superduper
09-09-2019, 11:16 AM

#weakera

Tank era where literally 1/3rd of the league is losing on purpose <<<< Expansion era.

LAmbruh
09-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Tank era where literally 1/3rd of the league is losing on purpose <<<< Expansion era.
Damn, staight shitting on Brickbe :yaohappy:

https://i.postimg.cc/zXXGPxMJ/tgjhfgjhfsgh.png

bullettooth
09-09-2019, 11:50 AM

You only say that to prop up LeBron.

FOH.

Manny98
09-09-2019, 12:22 PM
So MJ's championships carry less value because 6 teams joined the league in his era, but you giddily moonwalk over the fact that 14 teams joined the league between 1966 and 1980, via expansion drafts in 1966, 68. 70, 74 and 1980 and the ABA merger. So expansion didn't start in 1988, but of course you have no agenda when you completely ignore the history of NBA draft expansion. It only happened in 88 and 95, and only benefited the Bulls coincidentally and Jordan in particular. Right?

-Lambruh saying something about me turning up to every Jordan thread( something he would know only if he or one of his alts were in the thread to verify)

That about cover it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p57WjbKSoJ0

superduper
09-09-2019, 12:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p57WjbKSoJ0

Have you also seen the YouTube videos of the moon landing being fake and the Earth being flat? :eek:

Manny98
09-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Larry Bird "the expansion draft weakened the overall talent around the league" :applause:

MJ benefited from not 1 but 2 expansion drafts which led to his 2 3-peats

StrongLurk
09-09-2019, 12:25 PM
No one has still explained how the 96-98 Bulls won more games than ever before even though MJ/Pip/Rodman were at the back ends of their primes or actually out of their primes (especially 97-98).

The only thing that makes sense is if the competition wasn't as good as it was 90-93, and not as good as the 80's as a whole.

Yes, I know Kukoc and Kerr were good additions to the Bulls when MJ first retired and Phil was still there, but still there should have been a team to beat the Bulls (the fact that the Bulls won in 98 is ridiculous).

Hey Yo
09-09-2019, 12:33 PM

:roll:

tased

3ball
09-09-2019, 01:02 PM
(the fact that the Bulls won in 98 is ridiculous).
Utah beat Duncan/Popovich Spurs and a 4-all-star Shaq team

What more capability do you want in an MJ opponent?... :biggums:

And again, expansion affected everyone equally, so that argument is learning disabled dumb

Btw, it was a 2-star vs. 2-star format back then, so none of those teams will look as good on paper as the big 3 superteams of recent years.... And this year is a return to the 2-star format, so none of today's teams look as good either

TheMan
09-09-2019, 01:31 PM
Larry Bird "the expansion draft weakened the overall talent around the league" :applause:

MJ benefited from not 1 but 2 expansion drafts which led to his 2 3-peats
What part of that quote saying it weakened the overall talent around the league don't you get??? It affected the Bulls too :facepalm You're trying to argue that MJ would do worse if instead of being two great two way players (MJ and Pip) and a very good role player (Grant and Rodman), he'd do worse if instead he had a perennial All Star as third option?

:facepalm

Manny98
09-09-2019, 01:45 PM
What part of that quote saying it weakened the overall talent around the league don't you get??? It affected the Bulls too :facepalm You're trying to argue that MJ would do worse if instead of being two great two way players (MJ and Pip) and a very good role player (Grant and Rodman), he'd do worse if instead he had a perennial All Star as third option?

Weak era...

Phoenix
09-09-2019, 02:36 PM
No one has still explained how the 96-98 Bulls won more games than ever before even though MJ/Pip/Rodman were at the back ends of their primes or actually out of their primes (especially 97-98).

The only thing that makes sense is if the competition wasn't as good as it was 90-93, and not as good as the 80's as a whole.

Yes, I know Kukoc and Kerr were good additions to the Bulls when MJ first retired and Phil was still there, but still there should have been a team to beat the Bulls (the fact that the Bulls won in 98 is ridiculous).

The league in 91-93 was stronger. That said, the Bulls won 67 games in 92, right in the period you're saying is the stronger era. That's tied for 7th for most wins in NBA history. It's not like they waited for the Raptors and Grizzlies to show up before pulling an all-time great level season record.

If we're simply going by the idea that the aging stars/teams shouldn't be seriously competing after a certain point, then there's no sensible reason for the Spurs anytime after 2010 to be winning 60 games a year and competing for championships, much less winning one. The idea of 38 year old Duncan, 37 year old Ginobli, 32 year old Parker and pre-prime Kawhi winning a championship shouldn't be no less an assault on your sensibilities as 35 year old MJ, 33 year old Pippen, and 37 year old Rodman winning one.

It's ridiculous that a team chock full of 30 plus year old role players with a near 33 year old Dirk takes out a 26 year old Lebron/Bosh and 29 year old Wade in 2011. And even before that, why didn't the 'elite young' Thunder comprised of future MVPs Durant, Westbrook and Harden take them out?

I mean surely the younger elite talent should have been beating the brakes off the older 'washed up' stars in these cases? Or did the veteran Bulls and Jazz squads simply apply veteran smarts and superior teamwork to beat 'younger elite' talent just as the Mavs and Spurs did in the above examples? And probably other examples of similar situations my brain is too lazy to think of. If there's a difference here I genuinely welcome your feedback.

guy
09-09-2019, 02:39 PM

I

bison
09-09-2019, 02:41 PM

Stacked ass conference. You had to be 7 games above 500 just to make the 8th seed in the west!? And Kobe STILL dominated that conference :wtf:

StrongLurk
09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
Utah beat Duncan/Popovich Spurs and a 4-all-star Shaq team

What more capability do you want in an MJ opponent?... :biggums:

And again, expansion affected everyone equally, so that argument is learning disabled dumb

Btw, it was a 2-star vs. 2-star format back then, so none of those teams will look as good on paper as the big 3 superteams of recent years.... And this year is a return to the 2-star format, so none of today's teams look as good either

Rookie Duncan wasn't scary yet and Robinson was barely in his prime. ALSO, the "4-all star Shaq" team is a clear troll.

Shaq was great, but the three "all star" trio of Eddie Jones, Kobe, and NVE were clearly not all star level. They got in simply because they were Lakers (their COMBINED ppg was only like 46ppg). Of course you would troll about the 98 Lakers, yet you trash the "60-win, 4-all star" 2015 Hawks team that Lebron swept.

Manny98
09-09-2019, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=guy]I

guy
09-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Bulls replaced Armstrong with Harper

Replaced Grant with Rodman

Drafted a ATG 6th man in Kukoc

And to top it off added one of the greatest snipers the league has ever seen in Steve Kerr

If anything the Bulls got even stronger despite the expansion whilst the rest of the league got considerbly weaker

What the **** are you talking about? None of what you mentioned has anything to do with expansion. And Armstrong and Harper played TOGETHER in 1995.

Expansion potentially replaced Glen Rice and Rony Seikaly with Stacey King and Will Perdue and took away BJ Armstrong for nothing in return.

Bulls may have gotten stronger vs the rest of the league but that has nothing to do with expansion. Expansion hurt the Bulls just like it hurt everyone else, and given what I just laid out, it may have hurt them worse then everyone else because there were legitimately really good NBA players they missed out on because of it. They were a strong team, but they would

Manny98
09-09-2019, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=guy]What the **** are you talking about? None of what you mentioned has anything to do with expansion. And Armstrong and Harper played TOGETHER in 1995.

Expansion potentially replaced Glen Rice and Rony Seikaly with Stacey King and Will Perdue and took away BJ Armstrong for nothing in return.

Bulls may have gotten stronger vs the rest of the league but that has nothing to do with expansion. Expansion hurt the Bulls just like it hurt everyone else, and given what I just laid out, it may have hurt them worse then everyone else because there were legitimately really good NBA players they missed out on because of it. They were a strong team, but they would

guy
09-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Except that the Bulls got even stronger post expansion due to adding Kerr and Rodman whilst the rest of the league didn't have the talent to match the stacked Bulls hence the 3-peat

And that has nothing to do with expansion. If expansion didn’t happen, it’s reasonable to assume the above moves you mentioned could still occur along with the hypotheticals I mentioned. Point being under no expansion, every team should theoretically be stronger, but that’s INCLUDING the Bulls which the scenario i presented lays out. Which means the argument that the Bulls only won cause of expansion and wouldn’t have been just as dominant otherwise is a stupid argument. What do you not understand?

Phoenix
09-09-2019, 04:05 PM
Except that the Bulls got even stronger post expansion due to adding Kerr and Rodman whilst the rest of the league didn't have the talent to match the stacked Bulls hence the 3-peat

Neither one of those additions were a function of expansion but a free agent signing and a trade for Will fukking Perdue. Yes, the marginally talented career 5/5 stiff that MJ allegedly slapped the shit out of. That was Rodman's trade value in 1995. So as been already been stated, you have no fukking clue what you're talking about. Rodman in 95 was actually considered a cast-off that the Bulls leadership( Jordan/Pippen) had to OK, mainly because the potential of Rodman's rebounding/defensive prowess had to be weighed against how much of a fukking nutcase and distraction he was with both on and off-court shenanigans. That signing had as much potential to derail the Bulls as help them achieve another 3peat.

Manny98
09-09-2019, 04:08 PM
Neither one of those additions were a function of expansion but a free agent signing and a trade for Will fukking Perdue. Yes, the marginally talented career 5/5 stiff that MJ allegedly slapped the shit out of. That was Rodman's trade value in 1995. So as been already been stated, you have no fukking clue what you're talking about. Rodman in 95 was actually considered a cast-off that the Bulls leadership( Jordan/Pippen) had to OK, mainly because the potential of Rodman's rebounding/defensive prowess had to be weighed against how much of a fukking nutcase and distraction he was with both on and off-court shenanigans. That signing had as much potential to derail the Bulls as help them achieve another 3peat.
Imagine acting like the greatest rebounder ever and the rightful MVP of the 96 finals was a "cast-off" :oldlol:

Bulls were BY FAR the most loaded team in the league at the time i'm not talking about the expansion anymore though because of the expansion there wasn't a team that could compete with the Bulls level of talent

So 3-peating is not even that impressive when the competition your going up against is so weak and pathetic

bullettooth
09-09-2019, 04:26 PM

What juggernaut players did the mighty Grizzlies and Raptors take away from other teams in 1995?

3ball
09-09-2019, 04:38 PM
The league in 91-93 was stronger. That said, the Bulls won 67 games in 92, right in the period you're saying is the stronger era. That's tied for 7th for most wins in NBA history. It's not like they waited for the Raptors and Grizzlies to show up before pulling an all-time great level season record.

If we're simply going by the idea that the aging stars/teams shouldn't be seriously competing after a certain point, then there's no sensible reason for the Spurs anytime after 2010 to be winning 60 games a year and competing for championships, much less winning one. The idea of 38 year old Duncan, 37 year old Ginobli, 32 year old Parker and pre-prime Kawhi winning a championship shouldn't be no less an assault on your sensibilities as 35 year old MJ, 33 year old Pippen, and 37 year old Rodman winning one.

It's ridiculous that a team chock full of 30 plus year old role players with a near 33 year old Dirk takes out a 26 year old Lebron/Bosh and 29 year old Wade in 2011. And even before that, why didn't the 'elite young' Thunder comprised of future MVPs Durant, Westbrook and Harden take them out?

I mean surely the younger elite talent should have been beating the brakes off the older 'washed up' stars in these cases? Or did the veteran Bulls and Jazz squads simply apply veteran smarts and superior teamwork to beat 'younger elite' talent just as the Mavs and Spurs did in the above examples? And probably other examples of similar situations my brain is too lazy to think of. If there's a difference here I genuinely welcome your feedback.
As I'm sure you're aware Phoenix, Stronglurk doesn't respond when you destroy him, as is the case here

Great post

Except the weaker league you speak of in the late 90's didn't make it easier for the bulls relative to how easy it was for other teams - expansion affects all teams equally

3ball
09-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Except that the Bulls got even stronger post expansion due to adding Kerr and Rodman whilst the rest of the league didn't have the talent to match the stacked bulls

Kerr was a 7 ppg bench role player that every team has - stop acting like he was a star

And old Rodman (4/13) is equal or worse than prime grant anyway (14/10), so who's to say Rodman was an upgrade??.. his 4/8 averages in the 97' playoffs were certainly NOT an upgrade, and he wasn't even the starter in the 98' playoffs

Phoenix
09-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Imagine acting like the greatest rebounder ever and the rightful MVP of the 96 finals was a "cast-off" :oldlol:

Imagine acting like this somehow negates my point. The Spurs traded him for Will Perdue. That alone should tell you something about his market value at the time.

Phoenix
09-09-2019, 05:48 PM
Except the weaker league you speak of in the late 90's didn't make it easier for the bulls relative to how easy it was for other teams - expansion affects all teams equally

I made the same point earlier. The idea that the Bulls were somehow isolated from the adverse effects of the expansion is the apex of ISH trolling. Of course, I also made the point earlier that 14 teams joined the league between 1966 and 1980, a period which saw 5 expansion drafts. No shock that point was gently tippy-toed past either and the trolls act like expansion only occurred during MJ's era, and that his team exclusively benefited from it to aid their championship runs. We have people with the ability to procreate who think this.

Turbo Slayer
09-09-2019, 07:04 PM
The undisputed greatest basketball player of alltime. Although Lebron is in muy top ten, he didn't have the clutch gene to take over in a Finals game like Mike did. Mike is my GOAT :bowdown:

guy
09-09-2019, 09:07 PM

Bulls were BY FAR the most loaded team in the league at the time i'm not talking about the expansion anymore though because of the expansion there wasn't a team that could compete with the Bulls level of talent

So 3-peating is not even that impressive when the competition your going up against is so weak and pathetic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/10/03/bulls-acquire-rodman-from-spurs/05ef2039-04da-4483-a7bd-84219c40417d/

"Big surprise, huh?" Spurs General Manager Gregg Popovich said of the trade.

Popovich, speaking at a news conference in San Antonio, said it was "difficult" to find a team willing to trade for Rodman.

"It's risk-reward as you go through this kind of thing," Jackson said.

Rodman was suspended for the first three games last season after he threw an ice bag on the floor during the preseason. He took a leave of absence Nov. 12 and was suspended again Dec. 7 when he failed to return for meetings with Coach Bob Hill.

"You take into account all that goes on," Jackson said. "You have to take risks in this business. We know what we want to accept. We're going to go down the road, the straight and the narrow in this particular case."

That

tontoz
09-09-2019, 09:52 PM
Phil literally changed his rules for Rodman. Rodman could basically do whatever he wanted as long as he showed up for games. Team rules didn't apply to Rodman.

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 05:37 AM
[QUOTE=guy]https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/10/03/bulls-acquire-rodman-from-spurs/05ef2039-04da-4483-a7bd-84219c40417d/

Popovich, speaking at a news conference in San Antonio, said it was "difficult" to find a team willing to trade for Rodman.

Rodman was suspended for the first three games last season after he threw an ice bag on the floor during the preseason. He took a leave of absence Nov. 12 and was suspended again Dec. 7 when he failed to return for meetings with Coach Bob Hill.

"You take into account all that goes on," Jackson said. "You have to take risks in this business. We know what we want to accept. We're going to go down the road, the straight and the narrow in this particular case."

That

Manny98
09-10-2019, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=guy]https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/sports/1995/10/03/bulls-acquire-rodman-from-spurs/05ef2039-04da-4483-a7bd-84219c40417d/

That

GimmeThat
09-10-2019, 05:56 AM
it was a way for the media to distract you from all the fake competitions amongst the academics

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 06:01 AM
Idgaf about what Pop says acting like the greatest rebounder and defender ever is a negative assest is straight up trolling

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

We need a sticky for the amount of times you've said 'IDGAF' at a point you literally have no sensible counter to. We accept your white flag on this because your 'have no fukking clue' meter is off the scale busted at this point.

So you present comments from Larry Bird earlier and say 'here, an expert opinion on the subject'. But when someone does that against YOUR point with coaches DIRECTLY tied to the matter, IDGAF is your weak ass reply? There's some trolls around here who are cute and lovable, like those tribbles from old Star Trek. You just have to chuckle at what they're saying. You, on the other hand? Like a shit stain that can't be flushed in under 3 attempts. Absolutely useless, annoying and not the least bit inspired or clever with your schtick.

You need to be castrated. Mankind can't afford another version of you popping up because some toothless chick in a fishing village was desperate enough to allow you inside her for 2 pumps and a wiggle.

Manny98
09-10-2019, 06:52 AM

We need a sticky for the amount of times you've said 'IDGAF' at a point you literally have no sensible counter to. We accept your white flag on this because your 'have no fukking clue' meter is off the scale busted at this point.

So you present comments from Larry Bird earlier and say 'here, an expert opinion on the subject'. But when someone does that against YOUR point with coaches DIRECTLY tied to the matter, IDGAF is your weak ass reply? There's some trolls around here who are cute and lovable, like those tribbles from old Star Trek. You just have to chuckle at what they're saying. You, on the other hand? Like a shit stain that can't be flushed in under 3 attempts. Absolutely useless, annoying and not the least bit inspired or clever with your schtick.

You need to be castrated. Mankind can't afford another version of you popping up because some toothless chick in a fishing village was desperate enough to allow you inside her for 2 pumps and a wiggle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_qUoOBBlA0

"negative assest doe" Jordan stans :facepalm

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 07:16 AM

"negative assest doe" Jordan stans :facepalm

Originally Posted by guy
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...-84219c40417d/

Poppovich and Phil must be in on the act doe, 25 years in advance so that Tranny98 can dismiss it as 'trolling' on some random joke of a message board :facepalm

guy
09-10-2019, 09:52 AM
Idgaf about what Pop says acting like the greatest rebounder and defender ever is a negative assest is straight up trolling

He literally saved your heros legacy in the 96 finals

3-peating is not impressive when your competition is weak face it

Right, he was just trolling. Trolling to the point that he even traded him for Will Perdue instead of getting something way better given Rodman was considered such a valuable asset at the time.:rolleyes:

Okay, so he saved Jordan

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 11:51 AM
Right, he was just trolling. Trolling to the point that he even traded him for Will Perdue instead of getting something way better given Rodman was considered such a valuable asset at the time.:rolleyes:

It's amazing, isn't it? Hell, MJ and Scottie were in on it too, they had to OK the move and they were the only ones on the roster from the late 80's when Chicago was going to war with Rodman's Pistons squad. It was an orchestrated move in 1995 by the Spurs and Bulls organizations specifically intended for Tranny98 to dismiss as trolling 25 years later.

LAmbruh
09-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Another MJ thread

Another Phoenix walls of text sucking that d*ck :roll:

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Another MJ thread

Another Phoenix walls of text sucking that d*ck :roll:

That about cover it?

Thanks, I'm always happy to be proven right. :cheers:

LAmbruh
09-10-2019, 01:39 PM
How come you only pop up in Jordan threads little fella? :yaohappy:

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 01:45 PM

How are you in position to observe that I'm in every Jordan thread unless you're in there as well little fella?:yaohappy:

LAmbruh
09-10-2019, 01:47 PM
How are you in position to observe that I'm in every Jordan thread unless you're in there as well little fella?:yaohappy:

Your Great Walls of Text only appear in MJ threads buddy, nowhere else.

Pretty easy thing to casually observe :yaohappy:

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Your Great Walls of Text only appear in MJ threads buddy, nowhere else.

Pretty easy thing to casually observe :yaohappy:

Your short dribble of irrelevance only appears in the same Jordan threads you observe me in.

Pretty easy to casually point that out. :yaohappy:

LAmbruh
09-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Your short dribble of irrelevance only appears in the same Jordan threads you observe me in.

Pretty easy to casually point that out. :yaohappy:
And i'm delighted to always point it out, since you're always here and never anywhere else :lol

Enjoy get smacked around by Manny :oldlol:

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 01:54 PM
And i'm delighted to always point it out, since you're always here and never anywhere else :lol

Enjoy get smacked around by Manny :oldlol:

And I'm equally delighted to always point that out, since you're here and never anywhere else :lol

I own Manny's soul....and yours....since they're one and the same. :oldlol:

scuzzy
09-10-2019, 01:57 PM
LOL it's actually funny

I was thinking the same thing about that cat Lost Cause too, these two never contribute to threads unless it criticizes MJ. Most likely stopped watching hoops past 1998 altogether, hence lack of involvement.

1 dimensional posters

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 01:59 PM
LOL it's actually funny

I was thinking the same thing about that cat Lost Cause too, these two never contribute to threads unless it criticizes MJ. Most likely stopped watching hoops past 1998 altogether, hence lack of contribution

Annnnd another one. :lol Who's next for 'backup' that hasn't been banned yet?

I have 2300 posts here. Provide proof that all of them are solely in MJ themed threads.....or go jump off a cliff. Actually, just do it anyway.

LAmbruh
09-10-2019, 01:59 PM
LOL it's actually funny

I was thinking the same thing about that cat Lost Cause too, these two never contribute to threads unless it criticizes MJ. Most likely stopped watching hoops past 1998 altogether, hence lack of involvement.

1 dimensional posters
:oldlol:

I get a kick watching Manny use them as personal jizz rags everytime :lol

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 02:00 PM

I get the same kick watching you swing from my nuts daily. Shit is truly a riot. :lol

scuzzy
09-10-2019, 02:01 PM

#metoo :lol

Phoenix
09-10-2019, 02:04 PM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/xUPGcAWtukaRBip8Ri/giphy.gif

When all the little alts come out, you know you got em swinging :lol

RoseCity07
09-10-2019, 05:06 PM
He was playing against 6 foot white guys.

3ball
09-10-2019, 05:15 PM
He was playing against 6 foot white guys.

***Jordan dominated most of the best guys Lebron ever faced***

1) SHAQ

Top Lebron moments:

2004-2006 were the only years of Lebron's career where Shaq had some prime left - during those years, Lebron finished behind Shaq in MVP voting (2004 and 2005), and lost the conference to him (2005 and 2006).. Lebron never dunked on him.

Top Jordan moments:

Jordan won MVP over prime Shaq in 1996 and 1998 and swept Shaq in 1996 ECF.. He also dunked on him, shown here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/7-10-2015/LfHlds.gif).

2. KOBE:

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron watched Kobe win more championships during the time that both were in their prime, and also watched Kobe save the team in the 2008 Olympics.

- He missed the much-anticipated, Kobe/Lebron matchup in 2009 and 2010 Finals, because his top-seeded team underachieved by losing to lower seeds in earlier rounds.

Top Jordan moments:

- MJ dunked on Kobe in their first ever possession vs. each other, shown here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-13-2015/Q3fm0o.gif)

- MJ showed his protege how it's done by hitting the game-winner in the first game of the 1997 Finals, after Kobe had airballed 4 straight game-winner attempts against the same team earlier in the playoffs.

- MJ passed the torch to his protoge in the 1998 all-star game by scoring on him at will (5 times in head-to-head possessions, shown here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3sto7KGQs&t=0m16s)).

3. DUNCAN

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron missed the infamous game-tying 3-pointer and needed Ray Allen to save him

Top Jordan moments:

- Jordan MADE his game-tying 3-pointer from the exact same spot during his first meeting with Duncan/Popovich in 1998 (the shot is shown here (http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/10-05-2015/rP-QUs.gif))... Then he dominated the OT, including 2 dunks over Duncan, shown here (https://media.giphy.com/media/26FPq7nUqs2V8LyNO/giphy.gif)..

Later in that 1998 season, Jordan won the Finals against the team (Jazz) that destroyed Duncan's Spurs in WCF 2nd Round (Duncan/Robinson/Popovich's Spurs won 56 games in RS).

4. GARNETT:

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron got his shit pushed in during 2008 and 2010 ECSF

Top Jordan moments:

- Jordan schooled Garnett in the 1998 all-star game (shown here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/10-30-2015/q8-1iR.gif)) and during the regular season (shown here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2015/6agjm-.gif), here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2015/EfFINb.gif) and here (http://i.makeagif.com/media/12-12-2015/Jp9ACT.gif)).

- The only time where MJ and Garnett were matched up defensively for an entire game was during a 2002 contest - both were matched up at SF, and 38-year old Jordan scored 35 on Garnett in every way imagineable, including various blow-by dunks and layups, shown here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmngcHYnfN0).

5. SHAWN MARION:

Top Lebron moments:

- Lebron got locked down by OLD Shawn Marion during the 2011 Finals, which was one of the greatest chokes ever by a star in the Finals.

Top Jordan moments:

- 38-year old Jordan hit the game-winner in PRIME Shawn Marion's face during a contest in 2002 (shown here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjo06p5zchg&t=0m09s)), and then destroyed him for 41 points in another contest (shown here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9ayPlqCMg)).

6. 2003-2004 seasons

JORDAN 2003: 19.3 PER.. 20.0 ppg.. 44.5 fg
LEBRON 2004: 18.3 PER.. 20.9 ppg.. 41.7 fg

TheMan
09-11-2019, 03:05 AM

Holy shit :roll:

Manny98 keeps getting tagged and bagged...yet he persists :lol

Must be a real masochist.

TheMan
09-11-2019, 03:13 AM

You're a complete retard if you don't think Tranny98 is getting assfukked on the regular here :roll: He gets exposed frequently as a no nothing noob...and you think he's winning the debates, ROFL :roll:

Manny98
09-11-2019, 08:38 AM
I asked you a question. What the **** has happened in NBA history that is impressive to you then?
LeBrons 2016 finals is more impressive than anything MJ has done his entire career

3ball
09-11-2019, 09:52 AM
LeBrons 2016 finals is more impressive than anything MJ has done his entire career
Kawhi duplicated Lebron's feat in 19' (so it isn't as great in hindsight; the KD-less warriors are 8-10 in the Finals).. all of MJ's Finals were better except 1996

And MJ overcame a bigger talent deficit in the 1989 1st Rd.. Lebron didn't overcome any talent deficit in 16' - he only overcame a superior regular season record and the perception that accompanies that

superduper
09-11-2019, 10:16 AM

Did you have fun watching MJs career from your dad's nut.sack?

Manny98
09-11-2019, 10:30 AM
Kawhi duplicated Lebron's feat in 19' (so it isn't as great in hindsight; the KD-less warriors are 8-10 in the Finals).. all of MJ's Finals were better except 1996

And MJ overcame a bigger talent deficit in the 1989 1st Rd.. Lebron didn't overcome any talent deficit in 16' - he only overcame a superior regular season record and the perception that accompanies that
Kawhi didn't duplicate anything the Warriors were no where near as dominant this year as they were in 2016 and Klay was injured this year + they had no depth

LeBron overcame a 73 win team with barely any help outside of Kyrie. MJ never overcame anything close to that lol at beating a Cavs team who's best player wouldn't even be a top 5 PG in todays league :oldlol:

Manny98
09-11-2019, 10:34 AM
Did you have fun watching MJs career from your dad's nut.sack?
MJs biggest accomplishment is beating Bir... oh wait he never beat Bird once

He beat Hakeem in the fin... oh wait he retired to play baseball when Hakeem was in the finals

He 3-peated twice against the weakest finals competition of anyone in the top 10 that's basically MJs greatest feat

3ball
09-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Kawhi didn't duplicate anything the Warriors were no where near as dominant this year as they were in 2016 and Klay was injured this year + they had no depth

LeBron overcame a 73 win team with barely any help outside of Kyrie. MJ never overcame anything close to that lol at beating a Cavs team who's best player wouldn't even be a top 5 PG in todays league :oldlol:
Again, kawhi beat a better warrior team with no dray suspended

And mj had no Kyrie when he beat the cavs so he overcame bigger talent deficit

Manny98
09-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Again, kawhi beat a better warrior team with no dray suspended

And mj had no Kyrie when he beat the cavs so he overcame bigger talent deficit
Nope this years Warriors are far worse than the 2016 version

Klay injured

No Barnes

Iggy old

No depth at all compared to 2016

Also the 89 Cavs weren't even that talented they didn't have a single player with above a 20 PER :oldlol:

superduper
09-11-2019, 10:45 AM
Nope this years Warriors are far worse than the 2016 version

Klay injured

No Barnes

Iggy old

No depth at all compared to 2016

Also the 89 Cavs weren't even that talented they didn't have a single player with above a 20 PER :oldlol:

Okay.... and.....?

guy
09-11-2019, 11:28 AM
He 3-peated twice against the weakest finals competition of anyone in the top 10 that's basically MJs greatest feat

Yes, he 3-peated twice. Only Russell can say he did something even close to comparable. What a slouch :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-11-2019, 11:29 AM
Expecting a serious reply from Manny is like expecting to win the Lotto.

Quit bullshitting :oldlol:

Manny98
09-11-2019, 12:02 PM
Yes, he 3-peated twice. Only Russell can say he did something even close to comparable. What a slouch :oldlol:
Only Russell played in a era weaker than MJs :oldlol:

LAmbruh
09-11-2019, 12:11 PM
professor Manny giving these kids another free college semester :applause:

Turbo Slayer
09-11-2019, 02:32 PM
Jordan is the GOAT

Leviathon1121
09-11-2019, 02:40 PM
professor Manny giving these kids another free college semester :applause:
And yet...Jordan remains the OVERWHELMING consensus GOAT...sorry bud.

superduper
09-11-2019, 04:36 PM
20, 30, 40, 50 years after his prime, he is and will still be the undisputed GOAT :applause:

JBSptfn
09-11-2019, 10:51 PM
Jordan is the GOAT

I don't think so. Wilt and Oscar Robertson were better.

Wilt was a better scorer (and better athlete. ESPN making MJ the greatest athlete of the 20th century was a joke), and Oscar made his teammates better (and was a better all-around player).

Leviathon1121
09-11-2019, 11:19 PM

Wilt was a better scorer (and better athlete. ESPN making MJ the greatest athlete of the 20th century was a joke), and Oscar made his teammates better (and was a better all-around player).
What happened to Wilts scoring in the playoffs?

superduper
09-11-2019, 11:30 PM

Stockton and Nash also made their teammates better. Although very good players, are they your GOAT too?

TheMan
09-12-2019, 08:22 AM

Stop trolling grandpa :lol

sammichoffate
09-12-2019, 09:10 AM
https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-maybe-it-s-god-disguised-as-michael-jordan-larry-bird-142-62-86.jpg

:bowdown:

JBSptfn
09-12-2019, 06:37 PM
Stockton and Nash also made their teammates better. Although very good players, are they your GOAT too?

Stockton and Nash have nothing to do with this conversation.

JBSptfn
09-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Stop trolling grandpa :lol

I'm not. And, I'm not your grandpa. If I was, you would be getting coal for Christmas.

Manny98
09-12-2019, 07:00 PM
I'm not. And, I'm not your grandpa. If I was, you would be getting coal for Christmas.
Bodied :oldlol:

LAmbruh
09-12-2019, 07:10 PM
:roll: :roll:

3ball
09-12-2019, 07:15 PM

Jordan is #1 all-time in PPG for regular season and playoffs (11 ppg more than Wilt in the playoffs, 33 to 22)... In addition to being the PPG king, MJ has 3 more scoring titles than Wilt, which proves he was a better scorer relative to his comp than Wilt.

Wilt has a couple regular seasons of higher PPG and more regular season 50+ games, but that alone cannot offset MJ's PPG dominance especially in the playoffs, far greater high-scoring playoff games, and scoring titles

And show me a teammate that improved alongside Oscar like Pippen and Grant did alongside MJ.. There's a huge myth that getting high assists (turning guys into play-finishers and spot-up shooters) "makes guys better"... It doesn't - it looks good on the stat sheet but that ball-dominance where 1 guy dribbles and gets an assist is actually bad for ball movement and results in low assist teams as 1 guy hogs all the assists

other than Magic (who had Kareem), high assist guys like Nash, CP3, Lebron, Harden, and Westbrook win a lot less than guys that get 4-7 assists but are viewed as lethal, timely scorers that don't dominate the ball - i.e. MJ, Bird, Kawhi, Durant, Kobe, Dirk, Curry - high scoring levels that are achieved off-ball allow for great ball-movement, whereas Lebron's ball-dominance kills ball movement and results in teams that get massively out-assusted in the championship and struggle on the highest level, 3/9

3ball
09-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Thread Cliffs:

We discovered the world-wide answer for why MJ is goat:

He won the most as "tha man".

1st option rings as "tha man" are the holy grail of basketball accomplishment and define players like Kobe or Dirk's career.. MJ has the most 1st option rings (6) - that's 3 more than anyone ever, and that's why he's goat.

He simply won the most as "tha man".. And ironically, he did it in the same format we see in 2020 (2-star vs. 2-star format)... Indeed, the goat + any solid star = goat twosome and goat ring count of modern era