PDA

View Full Version : DRose on the Knicks 'superteam': You know how Melo plays

PeroAntic
09-08-2019, 06:14 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/09/07/derrick-rose-phil-jacksons-meddling-doomed-my-knicks/

Takes shots at Phil too for insisting on the triangle.

Knicks 2016/17 is one of the biggest what if stories in recent times. So many things went wrong, Noah's injuries, Zingis and Melo not playing where theyre most effective, Hornacek's coaching. Such a shame, the talent was there.

VictorMosquito
09-08-2019, 06:50 AM
Not a biggest what if. Melo is the only HOFer on that team, and that's that.

Real Men Wear Green
09-08-2019, 10:02 AM
https://nypost.com/2019/09/07/derrick-rose-phil-jacksons-meddling-doomed-my-knicks/

Knicks 2016/17 is one of the biggest what if stories in recent times. So many things went wrong, Noah's injuries, Zingis and Melo not playing where theyre most effective, Hornacek's coaching. Such a shame, the talent was there.Only to you. Keep that hope alive though.

Uncle Drew
09-08-2019, 10:11 AM
You are legit brain dead.

Indian guy
09-08-2019, 10:43 AM
The delusion is strong in D-Rose :oldlol:. 'Melo/Noah/Rose is a good trio in 2011. By 2017 it's called washed up. Nobody was ever expecting anything from this team.

Also rather rich of Rose to be saying we know how 'Melo plays when Rose himself had become as tunnel visioned as anyone in the league by that point of his career.

superduper
09-08-2019, 11:44 AM
Phil got exposed without the top 2 SGs in the history of the league.

It's as simple as that.

PeroAntic
09-08-2019, 12:13 PM
Only to you. Keep that hope alive though.
If Noah never gets injured (in 16/17),
if Porzingis plays C and Melo PF,
if Hornacek isn't coach
if triangle is dropped
if they add one more 3&D wing,

Knicks are contenders that year. Pretty simple.

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2019, 12:17 PM
if Hornacek isn't coach
if triangle is dropped

:roll: Absolutely no chance at beating the Cavs or Warriors

PeroAntic
09-08-2019, 01:02 PM
:roll: Absolutely no chance at beating the Cavs or Warriors
Imagine sth like

Rose
Courtney Lee
Covington
Melo
Porzingis

Noah 6th man.

Coach Nurse who was available at the time. No triangle, just pnr, drive and kick.

If this team is not a contender in 2017 I dont know what is.

RRR3
09-08-2019, 01:06 PM
Rose hasn’t been a star since 2012. In fact he’s been downright bad many of those years. How many times do we have to tell you this?

PeroAntic
09-08-2019, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]Rose hasn

red1
09-08-2019, 03:26 PM
anyone who refers to that team as a superteam should be cornered and have the shit beaten out of them.

Knicks 2016/17 is one of the biggest what if stories in recent times. So many things went wrong, Noah's injuries, Zingis and Melo not playing where theyre most effective, Hornacek's coaching. Such a shame, the talent was there.
nothing went wrong, that team was just trash! :no:

RRR3
09-08-2019, 04:36 PM
He was pretty damn good in 2016/17. and that despite the entire mess that was NY due to all the above
No he wasn’t. He wasn’t a complete scrub but he was definitely not “pretty damn good”. It’s shocking how you’re unable to accept Rose has never been the same after his injury in 2012.

Real Men Wear Green
09-08-2019, 04:47 PM
if Hornacek isn't coach
if triangle is dropped

If if was a fifth and we took 12 shots of it last night we'd have been wasted but we didn't and instead we were sober. Not only are you taking a position that no one shared back when there was something to be making a prediction about but you are defending that position after we have all lived through the season and we know what happened. It's like now that we know for a fact what is on top of Mt Olympus you still worship Zeus. It would be admirable if it wasn't so incredibly stupid.

1987_Lakers
09-08-2019, 04:55 PM

:roll:

RRR3
09-08-2019, 04:57 PM
OP legit is convinced Rose never stopped being a superstar and he is somehow the only one smart enough to realize it.

Smoke117
09-08-2019, 05:40 PM
I see OP is as delusional as ever. One of the biggest what if stories in recent times...:oldlol:

Overdrive
09-08-2019, 05:44 PM
Not this shit again.

PeroAntic
09-08-2019, 08:12 PM
No he wasn’t. He wasn’t a complete scrub but he was definitely not “pretty damn good”. It’s shocking how you’re unable to accept Rose has never been the same after his injury in 2012.
Whats shocking to me is how people keep saying that Rose fans somehow think hes the same as in his MVP days. OF COURSE HES NOT. But you just dont go from MVP level player to a bad player.

The injuries humanized Rose. Hes not the unstoppable phenomenon that he used to be, but he is still one of the best slashers in the league, demonstrated by his finishing percentage around the rim which was top 3 in the league in 2016/17. He added a reliable 3pt shot last year and was second best player for the Wolves after Towns.

So dont tell me Knicks 16/17 not working out was Rose's fault. A fit Rose is still elite in this league despite not being MVP level. See 50 point game against best defence in the league.

Stringer Bell
09-08-2019, 08:16 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

FKAri
09-08-2019, 08:21 PM
I watched a lot of Knick games that season. DRose was completely disconnected from the team. He was playing get-that-contract-ball. And when you play that way and you also have Carmelo on your team, there will be no team cohesion.

Real Men Wear Green
09-08-2019, 08:34 PM
Whats shocking to me is how people keep saying that Rose fans somehow think hes the same as in his MVP days. OF COURSE HES NOT. But you just dont go from MVP level player to a bad player.
Come on dude, let's not act like there's more than one of you.

Smoke117
09-08-2019, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=RRR3]No he wasn

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 01:23 AM
That excerpt was so hard to read. Thoughts and then contradictions the very next sentence...it's all over the place. I guess Sam Smith is trying to make it seem conversational and an easy read, and I know Rose isn't someone you'd count on to be well-spoken, but damn that is way worse than I expected. If that's what passes for a book these days, then I could easily write one.

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 01:30 AM

The injuries humanized Rose. Hes not the unstoppable phenomenon that he used to be, but he is still one of the best slashers in the league, demonstrated by his finishing percentage around the rim which was top 3 in the league in 2016/17. He added a reliable 3pt shot last year and was second best player for the Wolves after Towns.

So dont tell me Knicks 16/17 not working out was Rose's fault. A fit Rose is still elite in this league despite not being MVP level. See 50 point game against best defence in the league.

Man, I'm with you on Rose deserving his MVP, but you're vastly overselling what he is now and has been since the injuries. His 3pt percentage cratered after the first 2 months. That 50 point game was great, I loved to see that and his emotional reaction after the game. But Rose is simply not what teams want out of a point guard anymore, especially since he is no longer good enough to be your primary ball-handler and playmaker.

He has a place in the league for a few more years for sure as a 6th-8th man, but he's nothing special.

warriorfan
09-09-2019, 01:43 AM
Op is on bath salts

GimmeThat
09-09-2019, 02:37 AM
the jury has ordered their lunch regarding how this team U.S.A. fares under the FIBA tournament and how well the Celtics will compete next year

Stringer Bell
09-09-2019, 02:49 AM

Since when does this never happen?

Players in numerous sports go from MVP caliber to being “bad” or out of the league in relatively short periods all the time. Pro basketball, baseball, football, whatever. It is not uncommon because that’s just the way it is in sports.

“A fit Rose”?? What does that even mean? Is he fat and out of shape or something? :oldlol:

He hasn’t been an elite player since 2012. He’s an okay NBA player at this point: a decent starter or a guy who can score pretty well off the bench.

GimmeThat
09-09-2019, 03:24 AM
[QUOTE=Stringer Bell]Since when does this never happen?

Players in numerous sports go from MVP caliber to being