PDA

View Full Version : Giannis exposed again

Trollsmasher
09-09-2019, 07:08 AM
teach yourself some basketball for the next time, my boy

his entire game revolves around travelling and offensive fouls and then he wonder why he fouled out :roll:

see ya later

Dr Hawk
09-09-2019, 09:03 AM
Let's see if he now focuses on improving as a basketball player rather than as an athlete. Learning basic stuff like shooting would be helpfull.

He needs a lot less muscle flexing and a lot more basketball fundamentals.

superduper
09-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Let's see if he now focuses on improving as a basketball player rather than as an athlete. Learning basic stuff like shooting would be helpfull.

Lol this. So dumb when dude is allowed to take literally 5 steps and shoulder check his way all the way to the rim and then flexes like he's good.

This era man :facepalm straight up embarrassing.

Facepalm
09-09-2019, 03:10 PM
Most manufactured MVP of this era. His award deserves an *

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 03:28 PM

While you are defnitely correct, this is already gonna be year SEVEN for Giannis. And to this point, all he's really done is bulk up more and more each summer. While that has given him immense physical advantages, I feel like he already should've developed his shot when he was younger, when learning comes much more easily. Can he really get a mid-ranger down?

Dr Hawk
09-09-2019, 06:32 PM
While you are defnitely correct, this is already gonna be year SEVEN for Giannis. And to this point, all he's really done is bulk up more and more each summer. While that has given him immense physical advantages, I feel like he already should've developed his shot when he was younger, when learning comes much more easily. Can he really get a mid-ranger down?

It surprises me to know this is going to be his seventh year.

It is normal for young players with great physiques to develop physically to their maximum, specially when they see that that is enough for them to succeed. After they have reached their physical peak they start putting more focus on getting better basketball fundamentals.

This WC has to be a wake up call for Giannis. Time to develop a consistent shot.

Turbo Slayer
09-09-2019, 07:02 PM
Why hate on Giannis? I'm pretty sure you and me and 99% of the world can't hoop. Stop it, man. Just some advice. Cheers. :cheers:

Meticode
09-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Most manufactured MVP of this era. His award deserves an *
That award goes to Derrick Rose.

tpols
09-09-2019, 07:20 PM
i remember kblaze going off when i said this dude didnt have any basketball skills...

the nba is a media machine that completely overrates and caters to athleticism. they should just make dribbling optional.

Euroleague
09-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Giannis' whole World Cup was a disaster for NBA marketing gimmicks.

oh the horror
09-09-2019, 08:04 PM
If this isn

Dr Hawk
09-09-2019, 08:11 PM
i remember kblaze going off when i said this dude didnt have any basketball skills...

the nba is a media machine that completely overrates and caters to athleticism. they should just make dribbling optional.

It really is amazing how can people be fooled into thinking that someone without much basketball skills is among the best basketball players in the world.

If there is a lot of spacing and lack of defense (teams scoring 111 points per game) so he can showcase his athleticism, then he is fine. But if the things get tighter and he needs to use actual basketball fundamentals... big problems arise.

SamuraiSWISH
09-09-2019, 08:12 PM

I said the same thing to start the 2017 - 2018 season. And most ISHers got so butt hurt. And attacked me.

:oldlol:

The NBA manufacturing marketing scheme has been in ridiculous full force since 2014 or 2015.

It’s always been a product, but it definitely stopped being a true definitive pro sport around the 2006 season with the softening of the rules to increase scoring, primarily on the perimeter.

And has gotten much worse ever since. This dude is allowed to travel everywhere in the NBA.

tpols
09-09-2019, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]I said the same thing to start the 2017 - 2018 season. And most ISHers got so butt hurt. And attacked me.

:oldlol:

The NBA manufacturing marketing scheme has been in ridiculous full force since 2014 or 2015.

It

3ball
09-09-2019, 09:23 PM
:rolleyes:

3ball
09-09-2019, 09:25 PM
Why hate on Giannis? I'm pretty sure you and me and 99% of the world can't hoop. Stop it, man. Just some advice. Cheers. :cheers:

I agree - people are being too hard on Giannis - everyone loved Lebron in 07', who similarly stunk it up on against the NBA champs and on the international stage, with even worse worse jumpshooting:

Giannis 19' ECF...'' vs. Champs - 23/14/6 on 44.8 fg.. 23.7% on jumpers
Lebron. 07' Finals vs. Champs - 22/7/6.. on 35.6 fg.. 17.9% on jumpers

Links for jumpshot stats:

Giannis: https://stats.nba.com/player/203507/...offs&PORound=3

Lebron: https://stats.nba.com/player/2544/sh...offs&PORound=4

Jasper
09-10-2019, 11:17 PM
Giannis' whole World Cup was a disaster for NBA marketing gimmicks.
it was a required appearance by his behalf / NOT MILWAUKEE's.