PDA

View Full Version : Rose going IN on Phil's garbage triangle

superduper
09-09-2019, 11:58 AM
[Excerpt from Derrick Rose book] I liked Phil, but, come on, man, you’re still running the triangle? He was still forcing them to run it. I’m a slasher, a driving point guard. The triangle is okay, but not for the personnel we had. Melo couldn’t play that way, didn’t want to.

Amazing how much of a one-trick pony Phil truly is. He literally only knew how to run one system and it was literally only effective if you had THE two best SGs the history of the sport of basketball has ever seen. Not only that but they must have the ability of both GOAT scoring and GOAT playmaking relative to their postion. Makes you think how many rings Phil would've had if he didn't luckily run into the two GOAT SGs :eek:

AirTupac
09-09-2019, 12:05 PM
Imagine what kind of life you could have without LeBron on your mind 24/7 and posting on ISH :oldlol:

superduper
09-09-2019, 12:08 PM
Imagine what kind of life you could have without LeBron on your mind 24/7 and posting on ISH :oldlol:

I have a decent career and have multiple friend groups, not lacking a single thing in my life, bud :cheers:

And this thread literally has ZERO to do with LeTrash wtf :oldlol:

DaHeezy
09-09-2019, 12:14 PM
I'm in TO this Thursday.

Hey Yo
09-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Amazing how much of a one-trick pony Phil truly is. He literally only knew how to run one system and it was literally only effective if you had THE two best SGs the history of the sport of basketball has ever seen. Not only that but they must have the ability of both GOAT scoring and GOAT playmaking relative to their postion. Makes you think how many rings Phil would've had if he didn't luckily run into the two GOAT SGs :eek:
MJ was quoted many times that he wouldn't play for any other coach. Why did he need Phil to win rings??

Jerry West never played for Phil.

zeerghit
09-09-2019, 12:25 PM
well rose is stupid and its common knowledge..

scuzzy
09-09-2019, 12:25 PM
Phil responds -

https://i.postimg.cc/tT19jgPD/Count-the-ringzzzzz-Photo-via-Phil-Jackson11.jpg

superduper
09-09-2019, 12:26 PM
I'm in TO this Thursday.

**** dude how long you here for? This weekend one of my childhood friends is getting married so I'm going to be preoccupied with that shit but drop updates whenever you can :cheers:

AirTupac
09-09-2019, 12:53 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

305Baller
09-09-2019, 01:56 PM
Phil and his illuminati triangle ass lost his shit years ago

hahahahahahaha

bullettooth
09-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Phil and his illuminati triangle ass lost his shit years ago

hahahahahahaha

https://i.postimg.cc/tT19jgPD/Count-the-ringzzzzz-Photo-via-Phil-Jackson11.jpg

But yeah... like you said, him and his illuminati triangle ass...

Bosnian Sajo
09-09-2019, 02:25 PM
I thought Pac and superduper were boys? What happened?

DaHeezy
09-09-2019, 02:33 PM
**** dude how long you here for? This weekend one of my childhood friends is getting married so I'm going to be preoccupied with that shit but drop updates whenever you can :cheers:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471991

Link up here so this thread doesn't get messy.

Replay32
09-09-2019, 02:45 PM

:facepalm

brooks_thompson
09-09-2019, 02:57 PM
So far from what I've read of Rose's book, he has a distinct pattern:

'Towns is a chill guy, I like him a lot, but he's an entitled spoiled brat.'

'Melo's a great guy and good teammate, but he has to play his own stupid way.'

'Phil and I were tight, he understood me, but he was a delusional old man.'

The ultimate backhanded complimenter

PeroAntic
09-09-2019, 03:00 PM

My boy DRose is toying with these cats:D

DaHeezy
09-09-2019, 03:01 PM

Yet here you are on ISH making 3 threads about me in the span of 2 weeks.

Imagine what kind of life you would have without me on your mind 24/7 and posting on ISH?

Stringer Bell
09-09-2019, 03:33 PM

Spurs m8
09-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Imagine what life you could have without Ainge and Boston ana1 raping your mind on the daily.

3ball
09-09-2019, 04:30 PM
B

MJ was quoted many times that he wouldn't play for any other coach. Why did he need Phil to win rings??

because he didn't want to start over

He didn't want to: 1) figure out another coach's offense.. 2) determine how he would fit his game/goat scoring ability into it.. 3) develop another offense from scratch into a championship offense... 4) develop young players again

He spoke to these things repeatedly at the time because he was always asked about it in 97' and 98'... He understood that he had BUILT something and he wasn't going to start over at 35 years old...

Otoh, lebron is starting over at 35, but only because he gets a ready-made superstar (top 3 player in the league - AD)... Ultimately, Lebron's skillset of turning teammates into spot-up shooters can't develop players or build anything

tpols
09-09-2019, 06:04 PM

the guy is mentally handicapped we should give him a break

Bawkish
09-10-2019, 02:14 AM
it means that the triangle isn't much that effective anymore in a 3-ger happy era

running the triangle requires a lot of sacrifices, doing things you're not really comfortable

imagine situations where the triangle requires DRose to shoot a midrange or Melo to slash thru the basket

it is really a complicated system

GimmeThat
09-10-2019, 02:41 AM
essentially when hand-checking rules existed, players could be hid on the offense, being a useful pick without being near the ball handler, limiting the 1 on 1 defensive spacing.

the triangle offense isn't that complicated, it's just that when it results in a 2 point jump shot, it doesn't fit Phil's agenda, because he can't imagine an offensive player getting the ball without being set

imdaman99
09-10-2019, 03:24 AM
A book? There's an obvious joke about Rose there but I'll take the high road.

brooks_thompson
09-10-2019, 05:17 AM
A book? There's an obvious joke about Rose there but I'll take the high road.

Pointing out that you're taking the high road is the same as taking the low road

PeroAntic
09-10-2019, 06:39 AM
essentially when hand-checking rules existed, players could be hid on the offense, being a useful pick without being near the ball handler, limiting the 1 on 1 defensive spacing.

the triangle offense isn't that complicated, it's just that when it results in a 2 point jump shot, it doesn't fit Phil's agenda, because he can't imagine an offensive player getting the ball without being set
Its not that the triangle offense was complicated but for it to work you need one player that both isos and drives, and the Knicks had one that did each of these, Rose and Melo.

However it is not the triangle which was primarily at fault rather that they had two passengers on defense, again Rose and Melo, while Porzingis insisted on playing PF instead of C, which meant he was getting burned regularly by quicker faux pf stretch fours.

superduper
09-10-2019, 11:07 AM
Its not that the triangle offense was complicated but for it to work you need one player that both isos and drives, and the Knicks had one that did each of these, Rose and Melo.

However it is not the triangle which was primarily at fault rather that they had two passengers on defense, again Rose and Melo, while Porzingis insisted on playing PF instead of C, which meant he was getting burned regularly by quicker faux pf stretch fours.

Yeah Phil didn't have MJ or Kobe to lead him to victory again.

FreezingTsmoove
09-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Well the triangle offense cant be learned in a few weeks, months.... especially by braindead athletes like Carmelo, Porzingingis, and Rose leading the way...

DoctorP
09-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Well the triangle offense cant be learned in a few weeks, months.... especially by braindead athletes like Carmelo, Porzingingis, and Rose leading the way...

and that's Phil's problem. You have to adapt to your personnel. He was an old curmudgeon. At least recognize the challenge and adapt. some zen master

superduper
09-11-2019, 08:12 AM
and that's Phil's problem. You have to adapt to your personnel. He was an old curmudgeon. At least recognize the challenge and adapt. some zen master

One trick pony

brooks_thompson
09-11-2019, 11:21 AM

Sorta. I think Phil's problem really was he overstepped his GM/president title and forced the coach to coach like he did. Maybe it happens behind the scenes, but I've never seen another GM castrate his coach in public that way.

It's also kind of sad and telling of how snobby/elitist he was to the NBA community by having such a small pool of proteges to fill his positions. I mean, Kurt Rambis and Derek Fisher were his go-to guys.

BarberSchool
09-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Phil responds -

https://i.postimg.cc/tT19jgPD/Count-the-ringzzzzz-Photo-via-Phil-Jackson11.jpgThis literally can be Phil's response to ANY basketball criticism levied his way. Forever.

And any criticism coming from Rose is not worth anything anyways, sincje anyone with an average IQ or higher knows Rose literally has a room temperature IQ, and is driven by emotion, like a woman.

brooks_thompson
09-11-2019, 11:32 AM
This literally can be Phil's response to ANY basketball criticism levied his way. Forever.

And any criticism coming from Rose is not worth anything anyways, sincje anyone with an average IQ or higher knows Rose literally has a room temperature IQ, and is driven by emotion, like a woman.

Just because he's dumb doesn't mean his opinion doesn't have any truth to it.
This sort of goes hand in hand with what I said the post above yours about his tiny coaching tree...Phil carefully crafted his mystique as the Zen master, the smartest guy in the NBA, and people lapped it up. It eventually left him lonely, out of touch, and too smug for his own good.

ZenMaster
09-12-2019, 05:51 PM
Just because he's dumb doesn't mean his opinion doesn't have any truth to it.
This sort of goes hand in hand with what I said the post above yours about his tiny coaching tree...Phil carefully crafted his mystique as the Zen master, the smartest guy in the NBA, and people lapped it up. It eventually left him lonely, out of touch, and too smug for his own good.

What are you basing this on? That he's no longer coaching?

3ball
09-12-2019, 06:22 PM
People forget that the Bad Boys' backup bigs (James Edwards and possibly Salley) would've started at center for the Bulls

The Bulls were facing 3x all-stars at every starting spot (they were facing the "warriors" of that time), and all MJ needed was Pippen to give him 18 ppg - that's all MJ needed to beat a 5-all-star, 3 HOF dynasty.... :bowdown:

When MJ almost beat the Bad Boys in 1990, NO ONE thought the bulls had a cast compared to the Bad Boys - MJ beat them with nothing, but Pip had his legendary migraine - the next year in 1991, pip was only a little better and the bulls won easily...

the bulls were inherently winning with less help due to MJ and goat teamwork.. pip's piddly 18 ppg is easily the least offense any star has needed to win multiple rings