PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible for starting the big three era?

SpaceJam
09-10-2019, 10:49 PM
A lot of trolls seems to think it was Bron

Rodman begs to differ

[QUOTE]Me and Mike and Scottie revolutionized the game. The way everyone plays now, that

305Baller
09-10-2019, 10:50 PM
rodman was a role player. GTFO HERE RODDY BABY

CELTICS DID IT

SpaceJam
09-10-2019, 10:52 PM
rodman was a role player. GTFO HERE RODDY BABY

CELTICS DID IT

Sorry Joker but since it came straight from someone who played in the league we must take it as cold hard facts

305Baller
09-10-2019, 11:01 PM
Sorry Joker but since it came straight from someone who played in the league we must take it as cold hard facts

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

right.

great GMs they make.

StrongLurk
09-10-2019, 11:16 PM
Bulls did not have a big three...but they did have great players and depth 96-98.

sdot_thadon
09-10-2019, 11:30 PM
It's revisionist in nature, during that time the were recognized as a trio, especially the 96 season. I remember seeing game promos on tv where they called them Superman, Batman, and Rodman. Though as time has passed some have decided Rodman wasn't a star at that point for unspecified reasons.

DoctorP
09-10-2019, 11:31 PM
It's revisionist in nature, during that time the were recognized as a trio, especially the 96 season. I remember seeing game promos on tv where they called them Superman, Batman, and Rodman. Though as time has passed some have decided Rodman wasn't a star at that point for unspecified reasons.

Rodman was a star because of his personality and antics but he was a one trick pony with zero offensive game and poor freethrow shooting.

he was an underrated passer tho

LostCause
09-10-2019, 11:54 PM

96 yeah

97/98 it

sdot_thadon
09-10-2019, 11:54 PM
Rodman was a star because of his personality and antics but he was a one trick pony with zero offensive game and poor freethrow shooting.

All of this is true, especially the underrated passer part. But that one trick he had helped him make allstar teams and all nba teams a couple of times as well as being a fixture on all defensive teams. I think his career will be seen even less favorably as more time passes.

DoctorP
09-11-2019, 12:04 AM
All of this is true, especially the underrated passer part. But that one trick he had helped him make allstar teams and all nba teams a couple of times as well as being a fixture on all defensive teams. I think his career will be seen even less favorably as more time passes.

Look, Im a HUGE ROdman fan and even I know that Rodman was a defense, rebounding and intangibles guy at best. He was not a top 10 player at any time in his career. A Big 3 should have 3 top 10 guys.

End of story.
Case closed.

305Baller
09-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Look, Im a HUGE ROdman fan and even I know that Rodman was a defense, rebounding and intangibles guy at best. He was not a top 10 player at any time in his career. A Big 3 should have 3 top 10 guys.

End of story.
Case closed.

I love rod man too.
in fact, id give him a handjob.

SouBeachTalents
09-11-2019, 12:09 AM

End of story.
Case closed.
The fck :biggums: If that were the case, there would arguably have never been a Big 3 in NBA history

DoctorP
09-11-2019, 12:10 AM
rodman is responsible for diplomatic relations with our nuclear enemy North Korea.

Rodman is a goddamn HER

I mean HERO

AirTupac
I partied with Rodman back in like 2014 :pimp:

DoctorP
The fck :biggums: If that were the case, there would arguably never have been a Big 3 in NBA history

seasonal top 10 :oldlol:

not all-time top 10

Like ALlen, Garnett, Pearce

LeBron, Wade, Bosh

SouBeachTalents
09-11-2019, 12:12 AM
seasonal top 10 :oldlol:

not all-time top 10
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :oldlol:

DoctorP
09-11-2019, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I meant :oldlol:

Wade, Bosh, Bron

were easily top 10

SouBeachTalents
09-11-2019, 12:22 AM
Wade, Bosh, Bron

were easily top 10
2011?

LeBron
Wade
Dirk
Dwight
Durant
Rose
CP3
Kobe
Westbrook
Carmelo

And even if you want to say Bosh was, you're basically saying we can only say there was a single Big 3 one season in NBA history :lol

SpaceJam
09-11-2019, 12:24 AM
No way was Bosh a top 10 player

DoctorP
09-11-2019, 12:37 AM
No way was Bosh a top 10 player

1. LeBron James

305Baller
09-11-2019, 12:39 AM
[QUOTE=DoctorP]1. LeBron James

SouBeachTalents
09-11-2019, 12:48 AM

SpaceJam
09-11-2019, 01:37 AM

Ainosterhaspie
09-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Bird /McHale/Parish
KAJ/Magic/Worthy

Big threes have been around a long time.

RealSkipBayless
09-11-2019, 10:56 AM
If you think what Kevin Durant did was bad

In reality, what LeBron did was worse

LeBron left his hometown team to join the players with the 2nd and 4th highest PER in the league (Wade and Bosh)

That would be the same as Curry leaving his hometown to join Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook in OKC (joining with the 2nd and 4th highest PER)

fourkicks44
09-11-2019, 10:57 AM
Barkley and Drexler.

Hey Yo
09-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Great man-to-man defender and the master of rebounding is only one thing?

sdot_thadon
09-11-2019, 11:21 AM
Great man-to-man defender and the master of rebounding is only one thing?
I assumed he meant defense, it's always minimized and under appreciated in that sense. As if there's only a single aspect of defense......

tanibanana
09-12-2019, 01:02 AM
Does Wilt, Baylor and West counts?

bigkingsfan
09-12-2019, 01:12 AM

Bosnian Sajo
09-12-2019, 07:49 AM
Garnett/Pierce/Ray Allen started the modern day big 3.

Walker
09-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Garnett/Pierce/Ray Allen started the modern day big 3.
Not true, there were plenty of 'big 3' teams in the modern era, the term just wasn't coined yet. Take the 2003 Suns, arguably a big 4 with STAT, Matrix, Marbury and Joe Johnson. Then 2004 replacing Marbury with Nash.

bison
09-12-2019, 10:21 AM
Yes, ‘Big 3s’ have always been around like the 80s Celtics & Lakers, 2008 Celtics etc but those big 3s were put together through drafts and/or trades.

The Lebron/Bosh/Wade Heat were the first to COLLUDE through free agency. They started the collusion era which led to gsw stacking up with KD. Ruined the NBA for a good 8 years

Thank god Kawhi saved the league by telling lebron to **** off over the summer.

superduper
09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Bran's is easily the most cowardly move in history, and not just one move but multiple cowardly moves.

Hey Yo
09-12-2019, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=bison][B]Yes,

TheMan
09-12-2019, 11:12 AM
A lot of trolls seems to think it was Bron

Rodman begs to differ
Huh? We just gon' ignore Bird, McHale and Parish....Magic, KAJ and Worthy?

No one is claiming that Big 3s is a bad thing. When it pertains to LeBron, it's the way he colluded with Wade and Bosh to artificially create a Big 3 Superteam, they wanted to eliminate real competition, LeBron even said it in that cringey Heat introduction ceremony, the infamous "not 1, not 2, not 3" and "it was gonna be easy" speech. His move led KD's beta move to GSWs and today's era of superstars joining up to create superteams. That's what LeBron created with his move to Miami.

SouBeachTalents
09-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Not true, there were plenty of 'big 3' teams in the modern era, the term just wasn't coined yet. Take the 2003 Suns, arguably a big 4 with STAT, Matrix, Marbury and Joe Johnson. Then 2004 replacing Marbury with Nash.
Not arguable at all :oldlol:

mr4speed
09-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Huh? We just gon' ignore Bird, McHale and Parish....Magic, KAJ and Worthy?

No one is claiming that Big 3s is a bad thing. When it pertains to LeBron, it's the way he colluded with Wade and Bosh to artificially create a Big 3 Superteam, they wanted to eliminate real competition, LeBron even said it in that cringey Heat introduction ceremony, the infamous "not 1, not 2, not 3" and "it was gonna be easy" speech. His move led KD's beta move to GSWs and today's era of superstars joining up to create superteams. That's what LeBron created with his move to Miami.

Peter May wrote a book titled "The Big Three" in 1994 about Bird, McHale and Parish because they were the best frontcourt in the NBA and played together longer and had more success than any other trio. The book has some great stories, especially about Bird and his injuries. His collision with Dell Curry on Cleveland and the eye injury resulted in double vision, he was still making shots, and was seeing 2 rims but would not tell the trainer! Also in the book from Bird himself " A lot of games I played where I couldn't feel my feet. I knew it was stupid but I had to do it.You're laying on the floor 8 days at a time, eating all your meals on the floor like a dog. I am glad I did it, because I wanted to play basketball." Amazing stuff.

brooks_thompson
09-12-2019, 08:11 PM
Ainge is the answer because it wasn't until '08 that everybody and their mother got obsessed with the term 'Big 3' and had to call everything Big 3 this Big 3 that. It is (hopefully mostly was) a really stupid obsession that sort of kicked off the fanaticism towards player movement and interest in the gm side of trades and signings over the game of basketball.

Of course there were already big 3s hiding in plain sight (San Antonio), not to mention in the decades past, but the way Big 3 is used now usually is tied to the assembly of 3 stars through trade/signing/player 'empowerment'/'collusion'.