PDA

View Full Version : Dudes see that 30 for 30 on Rodman?

ILLsmak
09-12-2019, 02:15 AM
Hope there wasn't already a thread about this. Look I'm generating content. Close your eyes and forget about bran.

I thought it was good. Some really wild shit I didn't know that well. Had Jamie Foxx narrating. Goes to show you can do whatever you want as long as you have societal value but then you get dropped off as soon as you don't.

But Rodman is cool. Kicking it w little kids, Gays, Kim IL. He seems like a genuine dude. Like you feel a pang in your chest when he cries over some ridiculous shit. Even when he's drunk rambling it doesn't seem as cringey as it does emotional.

-Smak

brooks_thompson
09-12-2019, 05:15 AM
I read that it wasn't the most deep-diving documentary, more just an overview of everything we already know about Rodman in a tidy package. The review also said that although he cried a lot, he didn't really delve too deeply into self-exploration or say anything that gave further insight into his character.

Always got the utmost respect for him though. And always respect him for his fragility and ability to cry and be thankful for the things he achieved. He realizes how close he came to falling totally into the dark other side. Him receiving his DPOY with the Pistons always chokes me up. And I also respect that he was able to even achieve what he did with the amount of demons he had/has.

ILLsmak
09-12-2019, 05:36 AM
I read that it wasn't the most deep-diving documentary, more just an overview of everything we already know about Rodman in a tidy package. The review also said that although he cried a lot, he didn't really delve too deeply into self-exploration or say anything that gave further insight into his character.

Always got the utmost respect for him though. And always respect him for his fragility and ability to cry and be thankful for the things he achieved. He realizes how close he came to falling totally into the dark other side. Him receiving his DPOY with the Pistons always chokes me up. And I also respect that he was able to even achieve what he did with the amount of demons he had/has.

Imo u can't give insight into your own character haha. I think the neat and tidy thing is that people want to be told how to take things. I read dudes book way back, listened to stories, and even remember his hof speech somewhat. I thought it had some really illuminating moments. But ya don't have to take my word for it.

I would never read a review of something like that. Haha. I might have seen it. I remember seeing briefly 30/100 or something. It's like o OK. Prol still worth watching esp if u can fast forward thru ads.

I'm here today to give you this special message.

-Smak

brutalBBQ
09-12-2019, 07:04 AM
His basketball was top notch. Not interested about his bi curios, cross dressing trans, alto ego rubbish, whatever it is. But in saying that, his demons fueled his motor. It's an awkward situation, and always has been and always will be with Mr Rodman. Got to give the guy credit for being himself and like Sinatra said, "my way".

ronniec
09-12-2019, 11:05 AM
A player that can full maximize his potentials (rebounding), respect.
Most importantly, he has a strong mind (you can call it weird/strange also)... he could always get into opponent's head and win the mental edge.

EllEffEll
09-12-2019, 11:06 AM
Yes, Dennis has done some nice things.

There is a side to DR that is pretty ugly too. I know this from an interaction he had with someone very close to me. He may do some nice things, but it doesn't give him license to to do whatever he wants just because he may be drunk.

Eff Dennis Rodman.

JBSptfn
09-13-2019, 02:46 PM
I saw the whole thing last night on DVR. Enjoyed it very much.

When you think about how he was from 1993-on, it's easy to forget that he was really innocent and naive as a Piston. He was one of my favorite players, even though he played a few seasons for the hated Fools.