PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Rubio and Spain have won the FIBA World Cup!

GreatHILL
09-15-2019, 11:13 AM
Final score: 95-75 for Spain

Ricky Rubio stats: 20 pts, 7 reb, 3 ast, 6/11 fg, 1/2 3pt, in 22:56 min

RICKY RUBIO IS THE MVP!!!

GreatHILL
09-15-2019, 11:23 AM
No Americans on the all-World Cup team: Bogdanovic (Serbia), Fournier (France), Rubio (Spain), Gasol (Spain), and Scola (Argentina). Rubio named tournament MVP

https://s.yimg.com/it/api/res/1.2/RAt0kV56V02RtLWi1Zn21w--~A/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7c209MTt3PTgwMA--/https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-images/2019-09/b32d9ca0-d7c9-11e9-b9fd-815cc496072c

stalkerforlife
09-15-2019, 11:41 AM
Rubio exposed as a STAR when real basketball is played.

WOW.

highwhey
09-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Rubio! :rockon:

Incoming xiao to comment on how rubio suppressed Mitchell in Utah.

90sgoat
09-15-2019, 12:35 PM
Rubio exposed as a STAR when real basketball is played.

WOW.

This was always obvious.

You can tell who knows ball and who doesn't when you ask them about Rubio and Rondo.

If they say they suck, then they don't know ball.

Dr Hawk
09-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Great basketball player.

Too bad the NBA is not that much of a basketball league.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 01:08 PM
This was always obvious.

You can tell who knows ball and who doesn't when you ask them about Rubio and Rondo.

If they say they suck, then they don't know ball.

It's not 1980. Your team isn't going far in the NBA with Ricky that's for sure

iamgine
09-15-2019, 01:21 PM
Damn rough night for Argentina.

Scola & Campazzo combined for 3-21 FG

Outrebounded by 20 rebounds.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BelovedPresentAfricanharrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

SomeBlackDude
09-15-2019, 01:26 PM
Great basketball player.

Too bad the NBA is not that much of a basketball league.

the nba is a joke of a league. real basketball connoisseurs have known this for a long time.

glad the aau scrubs were exposed badly when they were taken out of their 3-pt chucking, no defense comfort zones.

some of these clowns will be making $30-35 mil per year to play basketball but they got sonned by australia, serbia, and france? :biggums:

the shame of a nation.

DaHeezy
09-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Funny how pass first PGs with no range is considered a liability but wins MVP of the world

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-15-2019, 01:51 PM
the nba is a joke of a league. real basketball connoisseurs have known this for a long time.

glad the aau scrubs were exposed badly when they were taken out of their 3-pt chucking, no defense comfort zones.

some of these clowns will be making $30-35 mil per year to play basketball but they got sonned by australia, serbia, and france? :biggums:

the shame of a nation.

B-b-but HYPER ATHLETES!!!

Better nutrition and strength training programs!

Better skills *look @ all the 3PTerzzz*

While all that is probably true, it doesn't mean better basketball is being played. Its just different. What we know is it wasn't good enough to beat LOWER tier, LOWER salary european athletes.

Kobe was right. The World's caught up. Redeem Team 1 and 2 barely edged Spain out...with their BEST players. Current NBA rules have deluded people's minds. American fans really think their stars are bad mfkz :lol

90sgoat
09-15-2019, 02:07 PM

Why are we not all talking about teams chucking 3s?

Where are all the analydids nerds?

3>2?

:roll:

Teams chucking 3s have nothing to do with increased skill or that the line is too close, the issue is and remains only about the defensive 3 seconds, moving screens and touch fouls. Have the same rules in the NBA as in FIBA and no one talks about 3 >2 anymore.

red1
09-15-2019, 02:08 PM
Gasol gets a championship and makes the all-world team for the tournament.

What a summer this guy is just winning at basketball. :applause:

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Why are we not all talking about teams chucking 3s?

Where are all the analydids nerds?

3>2?

Teams chucking 3s have nothing to do with increased skill or that the line is too close, the issue is and remains only about the defensive 3 seconds, moving screens and touch fouls. Have the same rules in the NBA as in FIBA and no one talks about 3 >2 anymore.

I thought there was more movement allowed on screens in FIBA?

90sgoat
09-15-2019, 02:10 PM
I thought there was more movement allowed on screens in FIBA?

What?

That's something you must have read on RealGM.

No, FIBA requires players to stick to one position when screening.. like the rules have always been

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 02:12 PM
What?

That's something you must have read on RealGM.

No, FIBA requires players to stick to one position when screening.. like the rules have always been

The announcers were saying that was the big thing Pop was teaching them. He had to teach them how to illegally screen

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 02:40 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/447554-nba-vs-fiba-7-rules-to-play-by#slide1

While the NBA catches a lot of flak for being what many consider to be a poorly officiated sport, referees in International play are generally considered to be far more inconsistent than their American counterparts. They tend to overlook things such as moving screens and hand checking while being more critical of traveling violations.

Dr Hawk
09-15-2019, 02:50 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/447554-nba-vs-fiba-7-rules-to-play-by#slide1

While the NBA catches a lot of flak for being what many consider to be a poorly officiated sport, referees in International play are generally considered to be far more inconsistent than their American counterparts. They tend to overlook things such as moving screens and hand checking while being more critical of traveling violations.

Who considers referees in international play to be a lot more inconsistent?

I think it is a lot easier to know when a moving screen or an offensive/defensive call will be made in FIBA basketball than in the NBA.

FIBA rules are more strict and clear. In the NBA, rules are taken more loosely and therefore, the officiating is far more inconsistent.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Who considers referees in international play to be a lot more inconsistent?

I think it is a lot easier to know when a moving screen or an offensive/defensive call will be made in FIBA basketball than in the NBA.

FIBA rules are more strict and clear. In the NBA, rules are taken more loosely and therefore, the officiating is far more inconsistent.

Bogut

90sgoat
09-15-2019, 03:19 PM
"Screens" in the NBA now consist of players just moving around and pushing people with two hands. An absolutely travesty.

SamuraiSWISH
09-15-2019, 03:53 PM

While all that is probably true, it doesn't mean better basketball is being played. Its just different. What we know is it wasn't good enough to beat LOWER tier, LOWER salary european athletes.

Kobe was right. The World's caught up. Redeem Team 1 and 2 barely edged Spain out...with their BEST players. Current NBA rules have deluded people's minds. American fans really think their stars are bad mfkz :lol
I totally agree with this.

But the 2008 Gold Medal game was purposely officiated to keep it somewhat close. I still think we won by 10 or more.

Same thing with 2012.

That was Spain

Dr Hawk
09-15-2019, 04:06 PM
https://youtu.be/Q3p3RejntfM

:applause:

Spurs m8
09-15-2019, 04:13 PM
The announcers were saying that was the big thing Pop was teaching them. He had to teach them how to illegally screen

The announcers were talking shit then hahhaha

The NBA is full of illegal screens.

In the end, FIBA is real basketball...theres a reason it's basically the global standard.

NBA need to adopt fiba timeout rules, it doesnt take 30 mins to play the final 2 mins of ball

SamuraiSWISH
09-15-2019, 04:17 PM

In the end, FIBA is real basketball...theres a reason it's basically the global standard.

NBA need to adopt fiba timeout rules, it doesnt take 30 mins to play the final 2 mins of ball
With a more spaced out court ... and the diversity in skill sets and playing styles. It would be more reminiscent of the best form of basketball IE 1989 ish - 1993

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-15-2019, 04:24 PM
I totally agree with this.

But the 2008 Gold Medal game was purposely officiated to keep it somewhat close. I still think we won by 10 or more.

Same thing with 2012.

That was Spain’s golden era and absolute best players at their peaks or primes. But come on ... if we sent just one of the following:

LeBron
Durant
Leonard
A.D.
Harden
Curry
Klay
Kyrie
Dame
Westbrick
McCollum
CP3

Or even the likes of Devin Booker, Trae Young, Zach Lavine, LaMarcus Aldridge, Bradley Beal etc

Let alone a combination of more than one of those guys? Our best players were Mitchell, Kemba and a young injured Tatum.

Team USA likely wins.

That's not an excuse though.

For all the acclaim these American players get? They should've kept their streak intact. Fans over here think their brand don't stink. And that they're untouchable.

Nope.

Same thing with 2012.

Whatever the case BOTH games were decided in the finals minutes. Kobe pulled clutch shots from his ass in that 2008 medal game, and the US squeezed out a W.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 05:39 PM

I think the new NBA timeout rules have the game moving along well except for replays. They need to be done faster or gotten rid of completely

stalkerforlife
09-15-2019, 07:23 PM
Rubio absolutely destroyed Xiao.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 07:25 PM

Sure as long as I don't have to watch him play anymore :cheers:

GreatHILL
09-15-2019, 10:52 PM
Sure as long as I don't have to watch him play anymore :cheers:

But you always on his nuts like damn bitch if you don't care then don't post about him anymore simple shit stop acting like a child.

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 10:54 PM
But you always on his nuts like damn bitch if you don't care then don't post about him anymore simple shit stop acting like a child.

he helped waste two years of Gobert's career. **** him!

gabepizza
09-15-2019, 11:02 PM

You guys are crazy. The US had won 5 tournament in a row before this loss. 5 tournaments. That's more then the dream team area. That's more than in any other sport. In the past 2 finals they blew out Serbia by 30+.

highwhey
09-15-2019, 11:26 PM
yep...

Xiao Yao You
09-15-2019, 11:36 PM
yep...

now he gets to destroy the hearts of Suns fans! :lol

LoneyROY7
09-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Xiao about to write 30 new entries in his Utah Jazz off-season blog after this!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

highwhey
09-15-2019, 11:41 PM
now he gets to destroy the hearts of Suns fans! :lol
get a grip man, seriously. take a step back from the keyboard (or wheel yourself backwards).

take a hard look at yourself. you're obsessed with shitting on Rubio.

SamuraiSWISH
09-15-2019, 11:47 PM
Xiao about to write 30 new entries in his Utah Jazz off-season blog after this!

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Buddy is weird

Proctor
09-16-2019, 12:40 AM
Rubio is hot garbage and is worth shitting on...he thinks he's a good 3 point shooter when he's far from, and he's a flopper and general annoyance. Suns fans will loathe him fast.

Buddy is weird
Aren't you the one who pretended to coach AAU? Let's not shame other posters for actually discussing basketball on a basketball forum. :facepalm

Smoke117
09-16-2019, 01:41 AM
Rubio is hot garbage and is worth shitting on...he thinks he's a good 3 point shooter when he's far from, and he's a flopper and general annoyance. Suns fans will loathe him fast.

Aren't you the one who pretended to coach AAU? Let's not shame other posters for actually discussing basketball on a basketball forum. :facepalm

Even worse, he went out of his way to defend Ordan's dick size...because that's something a normal healthy person does...:oldlol:

Coach gon coach.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 02:00 AM
get a grip man, seriously. take a step back from the keyboard (or wheel yourself backwards).

take a hard look at yourself. you're obsessed with shitting on Rubio.

he shit on me for two years. the least I can do

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 07:32 AM

Right...lets see any country beat the USA when any combination of the following players are playing:

Lebron James
AD
Klay
Steph
Harden
Westbrook
Bradley Beal
Al Horford
Kawhi
PG13
Mike Conley
Chris Paul
KAT
John Wall
Damian Lillard
CJ Mccollum
Draymond Green
Dangelo Russell
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Andre Drummond
Victor Oladipo
Jimmy Butler
Devin Booker
Lamarcus Aldridge
Demar Derozan

And I'm leaving off a ton of players who would have been 100% starters on this 2019 FIBA USA team...guys like Trae Young, Deandre Ayton, Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, etc.

Please dude...every other country had all their best players playing, the closest thing to a star we had was Donovan Mitchell. No excuses, we still got beat, but to act like the NBA is some inferior league because the Boston Celtics couldn't win the FIBA tournament is laughable.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 08:22 AM
Right...lets see any country beat the USA when any combination of the following players are playing:

Lebron James
AD
Klay
Steph
Harden
Westbrook
Bradley Beal
Al Horford
Kawhi
PG13
Mike Conley
Chris Paul
KAT
John Wall
Damian Lillard
CJ Mccollum
Draymond Green
Dangelo Russell
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Andre Drummond
Victor Oladipo
Jimmy Butler
Devin Booker
Lamarcus Aldridge
Demar Derozan

And I'm leaving off a ton of players who would have been 100% starters on this 2019 FIBA USA team...guys like Trae Young, Deandre Ayton, Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, etc.

Please dude...every other country had all their best players playing, the closest thing to a star we had was Donovan Mitchell. No excuses, we still got beat, but to act like the NBA is some inferior league because the Boston Celtics couldn't win the FIBA tournament is laughable.

Kemba was all NBA and Middleton was an all-star

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:04 AM
Kemba was all NBA and Middleton was an all-star

What does that have to do with the fact that this obviously wasn't the best group of USA players?

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:05 AM
Xiao just replies to reply, there is no substance in his posts lol.

My post clearly states "Lets see any country beat the USA when any combination of the following players are playing".

Not "if we had one or two of these guys...".

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:06 AM
What does that have to do with the fact that this obviously wasn't the best group of USA players?

nothing other than Mitchell wasn't their closest thing to a star like the post indicated

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Xiao just replies to reply, there is no substance in his posts lol.

My post clearly states "Lets see any country beat the USA when any combination of the following players are playing".

Not "if we had one or two of these guys...".

Your post clearly states:

every other country had all their best players playing, the closest thing to a star we had was Donovan Mitchell

Words mean things. Probably every country was missing players that would have helped them as well. Canada even more so than the USA

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:11 AM
nothing other than Mitchell wasn't their closest thing to a star like the post indicated

I mean if you honestly think Kemba and Middleton are more of a star player than Donovan Mitchell....then I have nothing further to discuss with you lmfao.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Your post clearly states:

Words mean things. Probably every country was missing players that would have helped them as well. Canada even more so than the USA

Canada more so than the USA?

How can you even believe the shit that you type up. Who tf would have made a difference for Canada, Andrew Wiggins?

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:14 AM
How can you even attempt to think Canada missing Wiggins, Olynyk, Joseph, Murray is worse than the USA missing Lebron, Kawhi, AD, PG13, etc.

Stop arguing for a second and actually sit there and reflect. You don't truly believe this, you just wanna go back and forth with someone.

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:14 AM
Xiao is legit brain dead. He actually tries to post legit and he's worse than Simon alts. :roll:

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:15 AM
I mean if you honestly think Kemba and Middleton are more of a star player than Donovan Mitchell....then I have nothing further to discuss with you lmfao.

Kemba was all NBA and Middleton was the 2nd best player on the best team in the regular season and an all-star. Not sure what is so funny about the facts other than you seem to want to be offended by anything I post for some strange reason?

Mitchell may have been an all-star in the east I guess but the Jazz wouldn't have been the best team and he's the 2nd best player on his team as well or was last year anyway

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Xiao is legit brain dead. He actually tries to post legit and he's worse than Simon alts. :roll:

No dude ik what it is, he's still salty over me calling him out for his obsessive posting in the Jazz forum for the past 8 years.

I'm sorry Xiao that you're offended that I think you're a weird kid, but that doesn't mean you have to disagree with EVERYTHING I post.

Relax, dude.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Canada more so than the USA?

How can you even believe the shit that you type up. Who tf would have made a difference for Canada, Andrew Wiggins?

Canada had one NBA player vs the 12 that they could field. They might have been one of the best teams other than first round fodder

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Kemba was all NBA and Middleton was the 2nd best player on the best team in the regular season and an all-star. Not sure what is so funny about the facts other than you seem to want to be offended by anything I post for some strange reason?

Mitchell may have been an all-star in the east I guess but the Jazz wouldn't have been the best team and he's the 2nd best player on his team as well or was last year anyway

idgaf what they were, Donovan Mitchell is a better player than both of them. Plain and simp.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Canada had one NBA player vs the 12 that they could field. They might have been one of the best teams other than first round fodder

Dude....post a Canadian team you think would have been one of the best teams.

Please. This is laughable.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:19 AM
No dude ik what it is, he's still salty over me calling him out for his obsessive posting in the Jazz forum for the past 8 years.

I'm sorry Xiao that you're offended that I think you're a weird kid, but that doesn't mean you have to disagree with EVERYTHING I post.

Relax, dude.

I'm not a kid and it seems to be totally the opposite. I said something about starting a new thread for any little thing and you seemed to take it to heart when I wasn't even talking about you. Thats's when you brought up the Jazz forum and have been riding my ass ever since.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:20 AM
I'm not a kid and it seems to be totally the opposite. I said something about starting a new thread for any little thing and you seemed to take it to heart when I wasn't even talking about you. Thats's when you brought up the Jazz forum and have been riding my ass ever since.

Bruh you quoted me....."correction, correction Kemba and Middleton were allstars!"

what difference does it make from my main point that the USA was missing all of their best players?

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Yeah team Canada would all of a sudden make some noise somehow despite being trash since day 1.

He also said Beasley is a better player than Melo
He also said Gobert is a superstar and Donovan Mitchel can become one
He also said Chandler is better than Cousins

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:25 AM
Yeah team Canada would all of a sudden make some noise somehow despite being trash since day 1.

He also said Beasley is a better player than Melo
He also said Chandler is better than Cousins

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Yeah I wouldn't want Carmelo, Cousins, Beasley, Stephenson, McGee, Howard, etc on my team ever, Funny stuff I know!

I actually posed a question about Melo, Iso Joe and Beasley but I know you aren't that bright to know the difference

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Gobert the SUPERSTAR!!
Canada would be a top 3 team with all their talent!!
Beasley > Melo!!

Retard takes more at 11.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Gobert the SUPERSTAR!!
Canada would be a top 3 team with all their talent!!
Beasley > Melo!!

Retard takes more at 11.

Put words in my mouth

You should stick to jacking off to Kuzma photos and lay off posting for a while

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:30 AM
Again I ask, what ****ing difference does it make that Kemba was an all star and that Middleton also was an allstar?

How does that add any substance to my post saying "if we had any combination of these 28 players we would have won"?

You don't post with the intention of having a discussion. You post with the intention to correct people and argue. Those are very toxic traits and it is becoming more clear with each post why you actually prefer to post all by yourself in the Jazz forum.

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Put words in my mouth

You should stick to jacking off to Kuzma photos and lay off posting for a while

Can you please go back to your Jazz hole you fvcking loser :rolleyes:

Fiba is done. No more spam from you. Begone rat.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Again I ask, what ****ing difference does it make that Kemba was an all star and that Middleton also was an allstar?

How does that add any substance to my post saying "if we had any combination of these 28 players we would have won"?

You don't post with the intention of having a discussion. You post with the intention to correct people and argue. Those are very toxic traits and it is becoming more clear with each post why you actually prefer to post all by yourself in the Jazz forum.

I wasn't commenting on rather we would have won. I was commenting on the other part. That is not allowed? This is a discussion right now. You think Mitchell is better than an all NBA player and two all stars while others think differently obviously

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:34 AM

Yep FIBA is over please post some more sexy photos of your favorite players please! :cheers:

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:37 AM
I wasn't commenting on rather we would have won. I was commenting on the other part. That is not allowed? This is a discussion right now. You think Mitchell is better than an all NBA player and two all stars while others think differently obviously

Not others, no one else here thinks Kemba > Donovan Mitchell other than yourself.

And that wasn't your only point. You went on to appropriate the USA missing ALL of their top players by saying "oh every team in the world was missing players, Canada even more so than USA".

That's bullshit. Most of the countries had their top talents playing, Canada with their full squad is still BARELY a top 10 team.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 10:38 AM

Don't do that bro, instead of bullying the kid you can easily demolish him in a debate just simply using logic and facts.

chains5000
09-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Like these guys would have made a difference LOL

BTW, isn't Ayton from Bahamas?

chains5000
09-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Not others, no one else here thinks Kemba > Donovan Mitchell other than yourself.
Don't say I agree, but it's clear a LOT of people think that too. Otherwise it would be Mitchell the one in the All NBA 3rd team.

Edit:
Kemba got 4 2nd team votes, 39 3rd team votes (total of 51 votes)
Mitchell got 4 3rd team votes (total of 4 votes)

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:41 AM

I mean if the president of team USA and Popovich have commented saying Kuzma would have been a big help if he hadn't rolled his ankle, you'd think they are telling some truth :confusedshrug:

Oh wait let me guess, they are just saying that to be nice :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:44 AM

And that wasn't your only point. You went on to appropriate the USA missing ALL of their top players by saying "oh every team in the world was missing players, Canada even more so than USA".

That's bullshit. Most of the countries had their top talents playing, Canada with their full squad is still BARELY a top 10 team.

Kemba was all NBA and a multi time all star so obviously a lot of people think he is better.

Spain was missing people. France was missing people. Australia was missing people. Serbia was missing people. It wasn't just the USA. Canada was missing their whole team other than Joseph so it's fair to say they were hurt more than the USA

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:46 AM
Don't do that bro, instead of bullying the kid you can easily demolish him in a debate just simply using logic and facts.

quit calling me a kid. I'm a grown man.

chains5000
09-16-2019, 10:46 AM
I mean if the president of team USA and Popovich have commented saying Kuzma would have been a big help if he hadn't rolled his ankle, you'd think they are telling some truth :confusedshrug:

Oh wait let me guess, they are just saying that to be nice :oldlol:
They'd have lost to France even with him on the team.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:47 AM
Don't say I agree, but it's clear a LOT of people think that too. Otherwise it would be Mitchell the one in the All NBA 3rd team.

obviously unless you have an agenda like Bosnian

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:47 AM

Popovich was playing without a center a lot so Kuzma may have actually made a difference and maybe we would have gotten some more sexy photos threads from Tubesock as well!

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:48 AM

Who knows. Kuzma was a huge relief as his shooting was key. USA played some stupid ball at times and didn't really have a reliable shooter. Kuz provided that. Pop also drilled into him to be a big rebounder so Kuzma could have actually changed up team USA more than you think.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Who knows. Kuzma was a huge relief as his shooting was key. USA played some stupid ball at times and didn't really have a reliable shooter. Kuz provided that. Pop also drilled into him to be a big rebounder so Kuzma could have actually changed up team USA more than you think.

They had the best shooter in the league. Kuzma shot 30 % from 3 last year so I'm not sure reliable shooting is necessarily what he would have provided. Some more size and versatility maybe

chains5000
09-16-2019, 10:51 AM
He'd have helped them get some points but USA main problem was rebounding. Do you really think he's that great a rebounder? Do you really think he'd have slowed Gobert?

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:55 AM
They had the best shooter in the league. Kuzma shot 30 % from 3 last year so I'm not sure reliable shooting is necessarily what he would have provided. Some more size and versatility maybe

Kuz was pretty good in his rookie season and most of FIBA when he did play. He had an off season last year, mainly due to Puke Walton putting him at the 5 and in his own words changing his form throughout the season. His main focus in the off season was fixing that form with a re-known shooting coach so saying he shot 30% last year doesn't mean as much as you want it too.

(including 4-5 from deep), one of Kuz’s two misses came on a half-court buzzer-beater attempt at the end of the first half.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=AirTupac]Kuz was pretty good in his rookie season and most of FIBA when he did play. He had an off season last year, mainly due to Puke Walton putting him at the 5 and in his own words changing his form throughout the season. His main focus in the off season was fixing that form with a re-known shooting coach so saying he shot 30% last year doesn't mean as much as you want it too.

(including 4-5 from deep), one of Kuz

AirTupac
09-16-2019, 10:59 AM
He'd have been at the 5 for the USA

There's a difference between playing him at the 5 in spurts and putting him MAINLY at the 5 which Luke often did.

DaHeezy
09-16-2019, 11:06 AM
AirTupac always shits on the Jazz and called Yao You weird. Now he's trying to act all civil because he's had his sh1t pushed all week :lol

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:11 AM

Absolutely would have made more of a difference than guys like Jayeln Brown, Joe Harris, Derrick White, Mason Plumlee etc.

Anyways, those are the guys who I left off lol....talk about the guys I was making my point about instead of correcting the list of players who I left off.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:12 AM

Edit:
Kemba got 4 2nd team votes, 39 3rd team votes (total of 51 votes)
Mitchell got 4 3rd team votes (total of 4 votes)

That comes with the season he had. He averaged 25ppg, his numbers were nice. It would be one thing if he were a multiple time all nba player, dude made the 3rd team once. Nothing to laugh at, not calling him trash...I'm not one of those dudes. But absolutely Donovan Mitchell was the best player on the team.

Having good enough stats to make all nba 3rd team does not mean he is a better player than a 2nd year player who proved to us all he was the best player on team USA.

chains5000
09-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Absolutely would have made more of a difference than guys like Jayeln Brown, Joe Harris, Derrick White, Mason Plumlee etc.

Anyways, those are the guys who I left off lol....talk about the guys I was making my point about instead of correcting the list of players who I left off.
It's obvious the other players, first list, would have made the team MUCH better, did I really need to say I agree?

chains5000
09-16-2019, 11:14 AM
That comes with the season he had. He averaged 25ppg, his numbers were nice.

Having good enough stats to make all nba 3rd team does not mean he is a better player than a 2nd year player who proved to us all he was the best player on team USA.
Again, I'm not saying I agree, my point was some people did consider him better, which you were denying.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:21 AM
Kemba was all NBA and a multi time all star so obviously a lot of people think he is better.

Spain was missing people. France was missing people. Australia was missing people. Serbia was missing people. It wasn't just the USA. Canada was missing their whole team other than Joseph so it's fair to say they were hurt more than the USA

Who was Spain missing? I swear to god, if you say Serge Ibaka :oldlol: Dude hasn't played for the team since 2014.

Who was France missing? They had their top players, who did they not call up/declined an invitation?

Australia was missing Ben Simmons, I'll give you that...but other than him, who else? Thon Maker? Jonah Bolden? lol

Who was Serbia missing? Milos Teodosic who was called up but got injured? The guy riding the Clippers reserve list? No one else.

All these squads had their full teams (minus Aussy, Simmons their star player), actually NAME the players they were missing because otherwise no one will know who you are referring to.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 11:26 AM

Lebron James
AD
Klay
Steph
Harden
Westbrook
Bradley Beal
Al Horford
Kawhi
PG13
Mike Conley
Chris Paul
KAT
John Wall
Damian Lillard
CJ Mccollum
Draymond Green
Dangelo Russell
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Andre Drummond
Victor Oladipo
Jimmy Butler
Devin Booker
Lamarcus Aldridge
Demar Derozan

You're saying "no excuses" and then ramble a ton of them.

Nobody is arguing that Team USA don't have the best talent. What people like Kobe are saying is that the days of Dream Team are over. To beat the best foreign teams? USA needs an overwhelming talent advantage. It makes up for the non player-friendly FIBA rules.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:32 AM
It's obvious the other players, first list, would have made the team MUCH better, did I really need to say I agree?

I guess not, it's more important to look for something to disagree with I suppose.

So lets focus on what you disagree with since you thought it was a laughable comment by me.

You don't think Trae Young, Deandre Ayton, Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, and Brandon Ingram would have made a difference?

Considering Ayton has not played for the Bahamas (and probably wont...idk for a fact but it's a decent assumption considering he is expected to be a good bigman in this league), we absolutely could have used him and he would have been our best big man (or 2nd to Myles Turner who was in foul trouble vs Gobert).

Jayson Tatum was injured and didn't play any of the meaningful games, so yea...I think Ingram and Kuzma would have asbolutely benefited the squad if they were there. Jerry Colangelo specifically brought up how Kuzma's injury was a big hit and they expected him to be a key piece of the squad. Trae Young, imo, would have been a much better backup to Kemba than Derrick White.

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 11:33 AM
is that the days of Dream Team are over. To beat the best foreign teams? USA needs an overwhelming talent advantage. It makes up for the non player-friendly FIBA rules.
considering they just ran through Rio Olympics with their B-squad

uh no :oldlol:

Shogon
09-16-2019, 11:36 AM
I only made it to the first page and I couldn't bear the idiocy in this thread any longer.

No, the world hasn't caught up to shit.

If we sent all of our studs, it would have been a sweep... again. But they don't give a **** because we've dominated too many times to count and their NBA careers are more important than a stupid FIBA world title, LMAO...

These national teams from other countries send all of their best players AND they play together for years...

Can you imagine if the Americans sent their very best players and allowed them to develop 5-10+ years of chemistry from playing together? Sweep every ****ing game no contest.

The world hasn't caught up to shit. We go through this stupidity literally every time it happens until all the true stars are like alright **** it time to dominate again and then we remind people to shut the **** up.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 11:39 AM
considering they just ran through Rio Olympics with their B-squad

uh no :oldlol:

They ran a Durant/Klay/Kyrie/Cousins/George lineup at one point.

"B-squad" lol

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:41 AM
You're saying "no excuses" and then ramble a ton of them.

Nobody is arguing that Team USA don't have the best talent. What people like Kobe are saying is that the days of Dream Team are over. To beat the best foreign teams? USA needs an overwhelming talent advantage. It makes up for the non player-friendly FIBA rules.

No dude...you specifically said, and I quote, "American fans really think their stars are bad mfkz :lol"

As if anyone here in the USA considers Derrick White, Mason Plumlee, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Joe Harris, Brook Lopez, Harrison Barnes, and Myles Turner to be "stars".

Xiao is arguing that Middleton and Walker are...I think both are very good players, but wouldn't consider either a star. Walker arguably, he made the 3rd team all nba once...fine consider him a star. Middleton too but I SERIOUSLY don't put him in that category. Good role player, very very good. But a star? Come on guys..

That's 4 players who you can consider "stars". Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton (not in my book), Jayson Tatum (not in my book), and Kemba. One of those guys didn't play.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Who was Spain missing? I swear to god, if you say Serge Ibaka :oldlol: Dude hasn't played for the team since 2014.

Who was France missing? They had their top players, who did they not call up/declined an invitation?

Australia was missing Ben Simmons, I'll give you that...but other than him, who else? Thon Maker? Jonah Bolden? lol

Who was Serbia missing? Milos Teodosic who was called up but got injured? The guy riding the Clippers reserve list? No one else.

All these squads had their full teams (minus Aussy, Simmons their star player), actually NAME the players they were missing because otherwise no one will know who you are referring to.

I have no idea who teams invited and who declined but all those teams are missing NBAers and former NBAers from their teams.

Spain was missing Ibaka or Mirotic, Abrines, Rodriguez, Gasol, Calderon...

France Noah, Seraphin, Mahinmi, Petro, Ajinca, Gelabale, Diawara... The guy fighting for the last spot on the Jazz Howard looks like he can play actually

Aussie Steve or whoever already talked about guys that Australia is missing. Exum, Motum, Andersen...

Serbia Raduljica

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 11:44 AM
They ran a Durant/Klay/Kyrie/Cousins/George lineup at one point.

"B-squad" lol

Klay - 2nd option GSW
Kyrie - 2nd option Cavs
Cousins - 2nd option Pels
George - 2nd option OKC

Yup, that's a B-squad :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 11:47 AM
No dude...you specifically said, and I quote, "American fans really think their stars are bad mfkz :lol"

As if anyone here in the USA considers Derrick White, Mason Plumlee, Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Joe Harris, Brook Lopez, Harrison Barnes, and Myles Turner to be "stars".

Xiao is arguing that Middleton and Walker are...I think both are very good players, but wouldn't consider either a star. Walker arguably, he made the 3rd team all nba once...fine consider him a star.

That's 4 players who you can consider "stars". Donovan Mitchell, Khris Middleton (not in my book), Jayson Tatum (not in my book), and Kemba. One of those guys didn't play.

I'm speaking in general.

Khris Middleton? You could probably argue an all star.

I don't think Team USA loses with their absolute best players. Just reiterating. When they did field their best? Spain still played them tough. The 2012 and 2008 medal games were both decided in the 4th, and Kobe went berserk in the latter.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 11:48 AM
I only made it to the first page and I couldn't bear the idiocy in this thread any longer.

If we sent all of our studs, it would have been a sweep... again. But they don't give a **** because we've dominated too many times to count and their NBA careers are more important than a stupid FIBA world title, LMAO...

These national teams from other countries send all of their best players AND they play together for years...

Can you imagine if the Americans sent their very best players and allowed them to develop 5-10+ years of chemistry from playing together? Sweep every ****ing game no contest.

The world hasn't caught up to shit. We go through this stupidity literally every time it happens until all the true stars are like alright **** it time to dominate again and then we remind people to shut the **** up.

As flagrantly as he put it, Shogon is 100% correct. You could make an international team with all of the world coming together to form 1 team, and STILL team USA with it's top talent would beat it. Quote me and call me a liar all you want, yall know that it's true.

No disrespect to the foreigners, I LOVE the diversity of the NBA in todays game. From Jokic to Embiid, I love it, truly I do.

What I've been stressing in this thread is not only did we not come with our A team...this was like our D team dude. I think only Kemba is the best player on his NBA team from the 2019 FIBA group of guys. All the other guys are role players, aside from the 4 I mentioned in my previous post.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 11:48 AM
I guess not, it's more important to look for something to disagree with I suppose.

So lets focus on what you disagree with since you thought it was a laughable comment by me.

You don't think Trae Young, Deandre Ayton, Zach Lavine, Kyle Kuzma, and Brandon Ingram would have made a difference?

Considering Ayton has not played for the Bahamas (and probably wont...idk for a fact but it's a decent assumption considering he is expected to be a good bigman in this league), we absolutely could have used him and he would have been our best big man (or 2nd to Myles Turner who was in foul trouble vs Gobert).

Jayson Tatum was injured and didn't play any of the meaningful games, so yea...I think Ingram and Kuzma would have asbolutely benefited the squad if they were there. Jerry Colangelo specifically brought up how Kuzma's injury was a big hit and they expected him to be a key piece of the squad. Trae Young, imo, would have been a much better backup to Kemba than Derrick White.

They didn't need more young guys. Which of those guys were with the select team even? White plays for Pop which isn't a bad thing. Gordon said he would have played. Wasn't invited. Doesn't really fit. Some Jazz fans have mentioned Favors and he would have made some sense. He's been with the USA in the summer before though and they must not have thought he fit or he declined.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 11:50 AM

Xiao is arguing that Middleton and Walker are...I think both are very good players, but wouldn't consider either a star. Walker arguably, he made the 3rd team all nba once...fine consider him a star. Middleton too but I SERIOUSLY don't put him in that category. Good role player, very very good. But a star? Come on guys..

Walker is better than a star he's all-NBA. Middleton is a legit all-star. Mitchell is a young talent

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 11:51 AM
Klay - 2nd option GSW
Kyrie - 2nd option Cavs
Cousins - 2nd option Pels
George - 2nd option OKC

Yup, that's a B-squad :oldlol:

Cousins hadn't even played with the Pelicans. Same with George in OKC.

Yikes... :lol

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 11:54 AM
Cousins hadn't even played with the Pelicans. Same with George in OKC.

Yikes... :lol
And yet, they're still 2nd hand stunds in comparison to USA's big boys

A B-squad :lol

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 11:56 AM

winning despite Cousins is an accomplishment, Must not have faced the vaunted Greece Pick and roll that killed them in 2006

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 11:57 AM

There is no and yet

They were never "2nd stunds" to anyone at that point.

lol

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Kuniva having a hard time grasping that they were better talent than Kyrie, George, Cousins and Klay in the NBA during 2016

My condolences :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Spain was missing Ibaka or Mirotic, Abrines, Rodriguez, Gasol, Calderon...

Again, Ibaka hasn't played since 2014...idk if you are aware or not, but Spain did not call upon Ibaka. Ibaka wanted to play, they didn't call him. Mirotic is injured, sure add him.

Alex Arbines...ok?

As for the last three guys, I can't believe you're mentioning 37 year old Calderon and 39 year old Pau Gasol. But hey, anything to reply right?

France Noah, Seraphin, Mahinmi, Petro, Ajinca, Gelabale, Diawara... The guy fighting for the last spot on the Jazz Howard looks like he can play actually

Five of the guys you mentioned for France are centers....France had 3 centers on their team including Rudy Gobert and Vincent Poirier, explain to me how the 5 centers you mentioned would have made a difference? lmfao. The last 2 (Gelabale and Diawara) guys are 37 years old each.

Aussie Steve or whoever already talked about guys that Australia is missing. Exum, Motum, Andersen...

Not worth a response. I did however give you Ben Simmons, that is a huge loss for Aussie.

Serbia Raduljica

He was on the team, and he played. 8 minutes per game I think?

See...I asked you to mention players these teams were missing, as in key players...star players...what have you. You complied a list of guys who are either 37 years old+ or guys who weren't good enough to make the team :oldlol: Just to reiterate since you aren't good at putting 2 and 2 together, I'm not talking about Ibaka or Mirotic with that comment...I'm talking about Ajinca, Exum, Noah, Anderson etc.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 12:05 PM
Xiao just admit you're wrong dude, you don't have to keep arguing. Most of these teams were at full strength. France, Serbia, Greece, Argentina, Spain (minus Mirotic).

Why do you insist on arguing?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 12:08 PM
Uh oh...

Scuzzy's bent out of shape because i corrected him :lol

Remind us again when Cousins played sidekick in Sacramento.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 12:09 PM
Again, Ibaka hasn't played since 2014...idk if you are aware or not, but Spain did not call upon Ibaka. Ibaka wanted to play, they didn't call him. Mirotic is injured, sure add him.

Alex Arbines...ok?

As for the last three guys, I can't believe you're mentioning 37 year old Calderon and 39 year old Pau Gasol. But hey, anything to reply right?

Five of the guys you mentioned for France are centers....France had 3 centers on their team including Rudy Gobert and Vincent Poirier, explain to me how the 5 centers you mentioned would have made a difference? lmfao. The last 2 (Gelabale and Diawara) guys are 37 years old each.

Not worth a response. I did however give you Ben Simmons, that is a huge loss for Aussie.

He was on the team, and he played. 8 minutes per game I think?

See...I asked you to mention players these teams were missing, as in key players...star players...what have you. You complied a list of guys who are either 37 years old+ or guys who weren't good enough to make the team :oldlol: Just to reiterate since you aren't good at putting 2 and 2 together, I'm not talking about Ibaka or Mirotic with that comment...I'm talking about Ajinca, Exum, Noah, Anderson etc.

Pao wasn't there because he was hurt. Plans on playing in Tokyo next year. Calderon isn't better than this guy?http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/player/Quino-Colom

France needed a backup center

Age is a problem? You hear of Scola?

Not sure if Exum makes the team but he'd probably be their best defender so for that alone I'd think he would. Maker doesn't suck and neither does Motum as Aussie Steve or whoever agreed with

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 12:11 PM
Xiao just admit you're wrong dude, you don't have to keep arguing. Most of these teams were at full strength. France, Serbia, Greece, Argentina, Spain (minus Mirotic).

Why do you insist on arguing?

What was I wrong about? Teams were missing guys. Koufos didn't play for Greece either

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 12:12 PM
It's okay little Kuniva, that's your A-squad

If only this lineup in 2016 didn't exist

Curry
Kawhi
Lebron
Durant
Davis

:yaohappy:

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 12:13 PM
Uh oh...

Scuzzy's bent out of shape because i corrected him :lol

Remind us again when Cousins played sidekick in Sacramento.

I'd be more interested to hear why the Kings don't suck now that Cousins isn't putting up big numbers and going to all-star games for them?

scuzzy
09-16-2019, 12:14 PM
I'd be more interested to hear why the Kings don't suck now that Cousins isn't putting up big numbers and going to all-star games for them?
exactly :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 12:15 PM
Pao wasn't there because he was hurt. Plans on playing in Tokyo next year. Calderon isn't better than this guy?http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/player/Quino-Colom

France needed a backup center

Age is a problem? You hear of Scola?

Not sure if Exum makes the team but he'd probably be their best defender so for that alone I'd think he would. Maker doesn't suck and neither does Motum as Aussie Steve or whoever agreed with

Dude, Jose Calderon is ****ING RETIRED!!! My good god, quite arguing this bullshit. This is what I mean dude, no substance whatsoever, you JUST wanna make sure you hit reply.

France HAD a backup center, the guy who recently signed with the Boston Celtics. You think Noah or Seraphin would have done a better job? How much better, based on WHAT would have they done better than a guy who led the euroleageu in rebounding??

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-16-2019, 12:16 PM
It's okay little Kuniva, that's your A-squad

If only this lineup wouldn't exist

Curry
Kawhi
Lebron
Durant
Davis

:yaohappy:

Hey.. was PG still moving his shit from Indiana? Or did he settle in OKC after the Olympics?

The people wanna know these things.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 12:20 PM
Dude, Jose Calderon is ****ING RETIRED!!! My good god, quite arguing this bullshit. This is what I mean dude, no substance whatsoever, you JUST wanna make sure you hit reply.

France HAD a backup center, the guy who recently signed with the Boston Celtics. You think Noah or Seraphin would have done a better job? How much better, based on WHAT would have they done better than a guy who led the euroleageu in rebounding??

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-jose-calderon-responds-retirement-rumor/
not retired yet

Noah looked good last year so possibly. Just like maybe your 19 year old would have helped the USA

jayfan
09-16-2019, 12:44 PM

Lebron James
AD
Klay
Steph
Harden
Westbrook
Bradley Beal
Al Horford
Kawhi
PG13
Mike Conley
Chris Paul
KAT
John Wall
Damian Lillard
CJ Mccollum
Draymond Green
Dangelo Russell
Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kyle Lowry
Blake Griffin
Andre Drummond
Victor Oladipo
Jimmy Butler
Devin Booker
Lamarcus Aldridge
Demar Derozan

I'll take my chances against these 7. Combine them however you want.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 12:48 PM
So Canada wouldn't make some noise with some combo of these guys rather than what they had? :confusedshrug:

R. J. Barrett
Anthony Bennett
Khem Birch
Chris Boucher
Ignas Brazdeikis
Dillon Brooks
Brandon Clarke
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Cory Joseph
Mfiondu Kabengele
Trey Lyles
Naz Mitrou-Long
Jamal Murray
Kelly Olynyk
Dwight Powell
Tristan Thompson
Andrew Wiggins

Birch, Brooks, Alexander, Joseph, Lyles, Murray, Olynyk, Powell, Thompson, Wiggins are all rotation players in the NBA at worst and starters to fringe all-stars in some cases. Barrett was a top pick

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 01:13 PM
not retired yet

Noah looked good last year so possibly. Just like maybe your 19 year old would have helped the USA

He's retired from INTERNATIONAL PLAY, what the **** are we even talking about in this thread anymore?

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2016/08/30/jose-calderon-retires-spain-national-basketball-team-olympics/

Even if he wasn't.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 01:15 PM
not retired yet

At this point in his career, Noah is not better than the backup France had. End of story.

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 01:18 PM
Xiao this is exhausting dude.

Like I said, you are replying just to reply. You want so badly to prove me wrong any chance you get...just cool it.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2019, 02:01 PM
Xiao this is exhausting dude.

Like I said, you are replying just to reply. You want so badly to prove me wrong any chance you get...just cool it.

what was exhausting about facts? That Canadian team doesn't look a lot better than the one they sent over?

Bosnian Sajo
09-16-2019, 02:18 PM
what was exhausting about facts? That Canadian team doesn't look a lot better than the one they sent over?

Not talking about that. You know I'm not, I don't have to write this but here you go.

FKAri
09-16-2019, 02:50 PM

World hasn't caught up but they're WAY better than in 1992. Some people act like shit hasn't changed since then.

bison
09-16-2019, 03:28 PM
World hasn't caught up but they're WAY better than in 1992. Some people act like shit hasn't changed since then.

Yes. Even the Redeem Team had to shake Spain off to win the gold. US is still favorites but gold isn

ralph_i_el
09-16-2019, 05:44 PM
America hasn't won every game easily in a tournament since the mid 90's. We've always had competition, even when sending multiple all-NBA studs.

Also, these Euro players aren't playing together all year. Half those France guys are also in the NBA lol. Same with Serbia. That's an old excuse that is no longer valid.

chains5000
09-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Calderon isn't better than this guy?http://www.fiba.basketball/basketballworldcup/2019/player/Quino-Colom
At this point in their careers? Give me Quino

Xiao Yao You
09-17-2019, 12:33 PM
At this point in their careers? Give me Quino

He looked like someone from a YMCA pick up game. Better than Sergio Rodriquez?

chains5000
09-18-2019, 03:49 AM
He looked like someone from a YMCA pick up game. Better than Sergio Rodriquez?
Not that good, but he's a good player, very entertaining style too.

nayte
09-18-2019, 06:06 AM
It should have been Aussie but we weren't kissed on the dick. Lol . Total rip off.google where Google is lol