PDA

View Full Version : [91 Finals] Pippen locks up Magic Johnson entire possession

LAmbruh
09-17-2019, 01:26 PM
talk about beating him to his spots :applause:

just another day at the office for young pip

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TepidRemorsefulCaudata-size_restricted.gif

better quality (https://gfycat.com/tepidremorsefulcaudata-basketball)

3ball
09-17-2019, 01:39 PM
MJ has plenty of clips like that and was the primary defender on Magic - MJ guarded Magic for 70% of possessions to Pippen's 30%, as realgm documented:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12198529&postcount=40

So MJ was the primary defender on Magic, Isiah, Drexler, Payton, Reggie Miller, T Hardaway, Rod Strickland - he was always assigned to the other team's best perimeter player

Stringer Bell
09-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Brilliant defense in that whole game from Pippen. They just happened to put Pippen on Magic due to Jordan having early foul trouble.

I also thought that was one of Jordan

AirBonner
MJ has plenty of clips like that and was the primary defender on Magic - MJ guarded Magic for 70% of possessions to Pippen's 30%, as realgm documented:

So MJ was the primary defender on Magic, Isiah, Drexler, Payton, Reggie Miller, T Hardaway, Rod Strickland - he was always assigned to the other team's best perimeter player
No pip no chip

Shogon

This thread is about Scottie Pippen.

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Stringer Bell]Brilliant defense in that whole game from Pippen. They just happened to put Pippen on Magic due to Jordan having early foul trouble.

I also thought that was one of Jordan

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 01:50 PM

From NBA.com

"In the Chicago

3ball
09-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Plus Jordan said himself how tiring it was trying to guard Magic and still perform at a high level at the other end of the floor.

And yet MJ was still the primary defender on Magic for 70% of possessions to Pippen's 30%, as realgm documented:

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 01:52 PM
And yet MJ was still the primary defender on Magic for 70% of possessions to Pippen's 30%, as realgm documented:

"In the Chicago

LAmbruh
09-17-2019, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]"In the Chicago

3ball
09-17-2019, 01:57 PM
"In the Chicago’s first-ever NBA Finals appearance, Scottie Pippen took the primary responsibility of guarding Magic Johnson in 1991 versus the Los Angeles Lakers.
It's called fake news

MJ guarded Magic most of the series - this is easy to verify and it has been

Pippen didn't guard magic at all in Games 1 and 5.. he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4... That's a total of 6 quarters (30%) compared to MJ's 14 quarters (70%)

LAmbruh
09-17-2019, 01:57 PM
It's called fake news

You're alt accounts on RGM aren't credible, sorry buddy (hence why you've been banned there)

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 02:00 PM
It's called fake news

You're the king of fake news, chico.

"[B]Pippen

3ball
09-17-2019, 02:02 PM
You're alt accounts on RGM aren't credible, sorry buddy (hence why you've been banned there)
Flpiii was the poster that verified the data:

And it's easy to verify...

Pippen didn't guard Magic at all in Games 1 and 5.. he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4... Go look for yourself - it'll take you 10 minutes....

That's a total of 6 quarters (30%) compared to MJ's 14 quarters (70%)... Again, the pippen narrative is fake news.. and MJ also guarded Magic for the critical Game 3 OT, after Pippen fouled out in regulation.

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Flpiii was the poster that verified the data:

And it's easy to verify...

Pippen didn't guard Magic at all in Games 1 and 5.. he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4... Go look for yourself - it'll take you 10 minutes....

That's a total of 6 quarters (30%) compared to MJ's 14 quarters (70%)... Again, the pippen narrative is fake news
"In the Chicago

LAmbruh
09-17-2019, 02:07 PM

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Scottie:

“I decided I was going to try to work him and wear him down as best as I could. That was my plan, and whether it affected him initially, I didn’t know if it would or not. I just focused on wearing him down for the long haul—not just that game but throughout the whole series.”

And that's exactly what happened......

Da_Realist
09-17-2019, 02:16 PM

3ball
09-17-2019, 02:17 PM
"In the Chicago’s first-ever NBA Finals appearance, Scottie Pippen took the primary responsibility of guarding Magic Johnson in 1991 versus the Los Angeles Lakers.

FACTS presented by NBA.com
You can repost the fake news as many times as you want but the facts are on my side - the tape don't lie

Pippen didn't guard Magic at all in Games 1 and 5..

he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4... that's 6 quarters for pippen (30%) and 14 for MJ (70%)

These are the facts... You simply weren't there at the time and don't know that the Bulls were perceived as a 1-man team, so the media was forced to blow up any non-MJ issue - they did this with the Pippen on Magic thing

don't get me wrong - putting Pippen on Magic was a factor that gave MJ a rest from guarding Magic full-time, but MJ was still the primary defender - this fact was lost in the effort to boost Pip and make the bulls more interesting than a 1-man show... But I guarantee that if those writers knew fans 30 years later would change it and make Pippen the primary defender on Magic, they would NEVER have given little Pippen those props at the time.

andgar923
09-17-2019, 02:35 PM
As per usual... most of the full games are on YouTube.

And having seen the games live: MJ easily played him the most.

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 02:36 PM
You can repost the fake news as many times as you want but the facts are on my side - the tape don't lie

he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4... that's 6 quarters for pippen (30%) and 14 for MJ (70%)

These are the facts... You simply weren't there at the time and don't know that the Bulls were perceived as a 1-man team, so the media was forced to blow up any non-MJ issue - they did this with the Pippen on Magic thing

don't get me wrong - putting Pippen on Magic was a factor that gave MJ a rest from guarding Magic full-time, but MJ was still the primary defender - this fact was lost in the effort to boost Pip and make the bulls more interesting than a 1-man show... But I guarantee that if those writers knew fans 30 years later would change it and make Pippen the primary defender on Magic, they would NEVER have given little Pippen those props at the time.
The fans aren't changing it, you are.

The facts have been written and you're trying to change history to make it look like MJ won on his own and did it all.

scuzzy
09-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Rewatching Gm 2 right now and clearly Pippen is checking Magic on nearly every possession

Weird to see Jordan fanboys lie about this petty stuff, definitely not unusual though

Hey Yo
09-17-2019, 02:44 PM
No MJ actually did guard Magic most of the time. NBA.com like most media presented a narrative, not the truth. Pippen did however present a unique challenge for Magic because he had the size to keep up with him. Most players that guarded Magic didn't have the size and if they did, they didn't have the quickness to keep up with him. Pippen could do both.

MJ played great defense on Magic but Magic could see over MJ.
Why would they be deceiving and lie? What was there to gain by doing so?

People wanted to read about the alleged one man show MJ, not Pippen.

At that time, they had no reason whatsoever to make it look like MJ did less than he allegedly did.

3ball
09-17-2019, 02:53 PM
The fans aren't changing it, you are.

The facts have been written and you're trying to change history to make it look like MJ won on his own and did it all.
Watch the tape for yourself so you don't look so stupid

he only guarded him for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters of Game 2... And the 2nd and 3rd quarters of Game 3.... And the last 4 minutes of Game 4...

That's it... that's 6 quarters for pippen (30%) and 14 for MJ (70%)

Da_Realist
09-17-2019, 02:54 PM
Why would they be deceiving and lie? What was there to gain by doing so?

People wanted to read about the alleged one man show MJ, not Pippen.

At that time, they had no reason whatsoever to make it look like MJ did less than he allegedly did.

Their reasoning has nothing to do with me. Either MJ guarded Magic most of the time or he didn't. NBA.com told you one thing, the games tell you something different.

Chicago defended Magic with MJ, Pippen and Grant...with MJ defending him the lion's share of the time. Magic adjusted to Pippen's defense in Game 3. From that point on, Chicago gave Magic different looks to keep him off balance.

This point doesn't deserve that much back and forth. I believe all the games are on YouTube in their entirety.

NBC even touched on this in the intro to Game 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zo0y_eFS1A&t=0m42s

ImKobe
09-17-2019, 02:55 PM
talk about beating him to his spots :applause:

just another day at the office for young pip

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TepidRemorsefulCaudata-size_restricted.gif

better quality (https://gfycat.com/tepidremorsefulcaudata-basketball)

Jordan was too busy leading his team in points, assists, steals and blocks :applause:

Da_Realist
09-17-2019, 02:55 PM
Rewatching Gm 2 right now and clearly Pippen is checking Magic on nearly every possession

Weird to see Jordan fanboys lie about this petty stuff, definitely not unusual though

Quote the one who said Pippen didn't guard Magic most of Game 2

scuzzy
09-17-2019, 03:01 PM
Quote the one who said Pippen didn't guard Magic most of Game 2

No MJ actually did guard Magic most of the time. NBA.com like most media presented a narrative, not the truth..

there you go, that was easy

btw on to gm 3 right now and same thing, Pippen primarily checking Magic

Da_Realist
09-17-2019, 03:07 PM

No... but I guess I can see how you were confused. I was supporting what 3ball said, which was that MJ guarded Magic for most of the series. Everyone knows Pippen guarded Magic most of Game 2.

scuzzy
09-17-2019, 03:09 PM
No... but I guess I can see how you were confused. I was supporting what 3ball said, which was that MJ guarded Magic for most of the series. Everyone knows Pippen guarded Magic most of Game 2.

Nah actually Gm 2 he equally defended him in Gm1 + Gm 3 also, i'm literally watching them b2b right now

Replay32
09-17-2019, 03:12 PM

Jordan guarded Magic the majority of the series. Game 2 was the only game that pip guarded Magic the majority of the time.

scuzzy
09-17-2019, 03:16 PM
Jordan guarded Magic the majority of the series. Game 2 was the only game that pip guarded Magic the majority of the time.
no need to hop on your alt buddy, I just rewatched Gm 1, 2 and now on 3.

probably the 4th time I watched this series

lmk if you guys need links to full games

ImKobe
09-17-2019, 03:17 PM

Did you watch Jordan anally rape the Lakers in that series?

It doesn't go 5 games if Pippen shows up for Game 1.

Jordan had three 30+ pt 10+ assist games in that series, the two others he had 29 pts 9 ast and 28 pts 13 ast :applause:

Replay32
09-17-2019, 03:37 PM

Alt? I don't play those type of games. Ain't got time for that non-sense.

Anyway, I watched the series live as it happened. I'm a Lakers fan and was pissed they lost. Thought it would of been a better series if Worthy didn't get hurt against Portland. A healthy Worthy would of been more of a handful for Pippen IMO.

Your trolling doesn't change the fact that Jordan guarded Magic the majority of the series.