PDA

View Full Version : Magic saying

Stringer Bell
09-17-2019, 04:05 PM
I’ve seen a lot of people arguing for Kobe’s case as the greatest Laker based on what Magic said.

Comments like these, when players of this caliber actually say that others are greater than them, do you actually take them seriously? I sure don’t take them seriously and just figure they are saying the nice thing in public. I don’t think either Magic or Kobe actually thinks the other was greater than them. I don’t even thing Magic thinks Jordan was better than him no matter what he says publicly.

Michael Jordan says he’s not the greatest player ever because it can’t be proven due to eras. That may be true, but I doubt he actually believes anyone was as good as he was in his prime. He is one of the many players with that “my era is way better than today’s” attitude and seemed annoyed at the notion of today’s stars being as successful if they played during his era.

LAmbruh
09-17-2019, 04:07 PM
Not even Top 5 greatest Lakers ever

Jerry
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Bron

superduper
09-17-2019, 04:17 PM

Jerry
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Bron

The guy who never took the Lakers to the playoffs is one the GOAT Lakers :roll:

Bran stans embarrassing not only themselves but their shameless hero daily

ronniec
09-17-2019, 06:10 PM

Jerry
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Bron

Bron???

FVCK it.

Bron isn't even a "better Laker" than Fisher and Horry.

sportjames23
09-17-2019, 08:31 PM

Jerry
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Bron

Whut? :oldlol:

sammichoffate
09-17-2019, 08:54 PM
**** out of here with that shit, Lamar Odom is a better Laker than Bron.

scuzzy
09-17-2019, 08:56 PM

Jerry
Magic
Kareem
Shaq
Bron
All time, no doubt

i'd put Wilt on that list as well

ImKobe
09-18-2019, 12:27 AM
I’ve seen a lot of people arguing for Kobe’s case as the greatest Laker based on what Magic said.

Comments like these, when players of this caliber actually say that others are greater than them, do you actually take them seriously? I sure don’t take them seriously and just figure they are saying the nice thing in public. I don’t think either Magic or Kobe actually thinks the other was greater than them. I don’t even thing Magic thinks Jordan was better than him no matter what he says publicly.

Michael Jordan says he’s not the greatest player ever because it can’t be proven due to eras. That may be true, but I doubt he actually believes anyone was as good as he was in his prime. He is one of the many players with that “my era is way better than today’s” attitude and seemed annoyed at the notion of today’s stars being as successful if they played during his era.

Magic, Jerry West and Shaq have all said that Kobe's the greatest Laker, I guess they're all lying :rolleyes: .

superduper
09-18-2019, 09:31 AM
Kobe
Magic
Shaq
Kareem
Jerry
Wilt
Elgin
Pau
Odom
Fisher
Smush
Walton
Bran

Mr Feeny
09-18-2019, 11:11 AM
Magic, Jerry West and Shaq have all said that Kobe's the greatest Laker, I guess they're all lying :rolleyes: .

Kobe says Magic was the greatest laker. I agree with him.

Baby Arm Johnso
09-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Magic is the all time best Laker; Kareem couldn't win w/out Magic but Magic won the Championship no matter who else was injured and who the competition was. Kobe couldn't carry the show when other stars were injured

Shaq is probably the most Dominant Laker ever. tough to compare his skillset to a 6'-9" point guard.

Kareem has to be in the top 5 conversation

Jerry should be in the conversation for most talented Laker ever. Could rarely close the deal

Kobe . . . History always forgets what a problem child he was. For all the good he did he could be a total D bag . . . top 7 Laker IMHO

ImKobe
09-19-2019, 02:37 PM
Magic is the all time best Laker; Kareem couldn't win w/out Magic but Magic won the Championship no matter who else was injured and who the competition was. Kobe couldn't carry the show when other stars were injured

Shaq is probably the most Dominant Laker ever. tough to compare his skillset to a 6'-9" point guard.

Jerry should be in the conversation for most talented Laker ever. Could rarely close the deal

Kobe . . . History always forgets what a problem child he was. For all the good he did he could be a total D bag . . . top 7 Laker IMHO

Oh really? Magic lost a bunch of Finals as a Laker and he got upset a bunch early in the Playoffs.

Shaq was only dominant against scrub EC big men, he needed Kobe to carry him against Sabonis/Sheed and TD/DR. Your only argument against him is that he was a "total D bag". I guess being hard on your teammates for slacking off is something a leader should never do.

Kobe won titles with the weakest supporting casts in Lakers' history in the toughest Western Conference in NBA history. He made 3 straight Finals and won 2 at a time 8th seeds were 45-50 win teams in the West.

Magic had the most talented Laker teams ever around him in the weakest Western Conference in NBA history but got upset in the first round by a 40-42 Rockets team as a defending champion, he got beat 1 - 4 by Kevin Johnson Phoenix Suns the year after Kareem retired. He lost 4 straight games to the Bulls in 1991 Finals.

Kobe's the one who was left with a bunch of role players during his absolute prime and then made 3 straight Finals with his 2nd best player being a 1-time all-star who had been swept 3 times in the Playoffs prior to the trade.

RRR3
09-19-2019, 02:39 PM
No real Lakers fan would shit on Magic lmao.

ImBrickbe :facepalm

ImKobe
09-19-2019, 02:41 PM
No real Lakers fan would shit on Magic lmao.

ImBrickbe :facepalm

I'm not shitting on Magic, I'm just answering his post. He makes it out to be like Magic always won no matter the team around him when that wasn't the case. Magic made 9 Finals but he had no real competition in the Western Conference until the late 80s. Sounds like someone else who's playing in this current era :kobe: .

Baby Arm Johnso
09-20-2019, 03:43 PM
I am a Laker fan and I like Kobe.
I thought Magic was 5 wins 3 loses in NBA Finals. Was the 9th trip when Chicago punted them?

Sorry but I clearly remember Kobe chucking Air balls in the playoffs his first few years

scuzzy
09-20-2019, 04:00 PM

100%

shadow
09-21-2019, 03:42 PM
I don't think Magic means it sincerely. He's good at trying to make himself seem humble when he's not. He's a flashy showman and it's just part of his act to say shit like that. That's not a diss on him.

I would say it's probably Magic imo. Between him and West, especially if you consider West's accomplishments in the front office as well (whereas Magic's probably take away from his legacy if considered). That said Logo lost a lot of finals, and to Boston to boot which is why I'd put Magic over him ultimately. He beat Boston twice.I would put Kobe 3rd. That's not to say he was more dominant than Kareem or Shaq, but he defined an era of the Lakers and the team's success.